Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

The post options were all quite expensive (compared to previous tickets I've purchased in NZ), starting at $19 for venue pickup and standard post and going up to $23 for courier & $24 for rural delivery. 

There was no print out your own tickets option. I might be different in Australia, I don't know.

[quote name='Feedback wrote:

stubby']RED ZONE in auckland. yEAH  

cant get on to melbourne ticketmaster
:(

Hope I get them for Sydney!! I'll be able to give Leonie a posh wave in the GA! laugh.gif

yes and I will give you the special Leonie (finger) oops mean wave

Just got my U2 pre-sale email, only 45 minutes after the pre-sale started in NZ wink.gif. Does anyone think we'll get an explanation as to why the pre-sale was so different to other areas of the world? Personally my guess is that the promoters looked at how many people have memberships in NZ/AUS and decided that a full pre-sale wasn't warranted (i.e. there are probably only a few hundred paid up members in NZ, a few thousand in AUS, so why bother holding a staggered pre-sale).

It's also a pity that the Mods were never given the full story before pre-sales started, just added to the stress for those of us looking for a complete picture.

No clue, but its possible, and agree *sobs* - Baja

Just wondering if I enter my presale code then pull out before proceeding with the purchase, will I zap my chance for further shows if I want to keep my code for later/

Depends on how far along you were, as some computer systems did show the code as used. This depends on the ticketing system the venue uses -BAJA

Baja, do you have a seating plan for Sydney? Nothing on Ticketek.

Also, can we do it directly through Ticketek site, or do we need to click through from u2.com?

No,yes, its better - Baja

Baja, do you have a seating plan for Sydney? Nothing on Ticketek.

Also, can we do it directly through Ticketek site, or do we need to click through from u2.com?

No,yes, its better - Baja

Thanks.  Very annoying not having a seating plan and having to guess the zones.  Wouldn't really matter in a smaller stadium but ANZ is huge so mid price zones might be very high.

Just got my U2 pre-sale email, only 45 minutes after the pre-sale started in NZ wink.gif. Does anyone think we'll get an explanation as to why the pre-sale was so different to other areas of the world? Personally my guess is that the promoters looked at how many people have memberships in NZ/AUS and decided that a full pre-sale wasn't warranted (i.e. there are probably only a few hundred paid up members in NZ, a few thousand in AUS, so why bother holding a staggered pre-sale).

It's also a pity that the Mods were never given the full story before pre-sales started, just added to the stress for those of us looking for a complete picture.

No clue, but its possible, and agree *sobs* - Baja

Have a hug, we're generally an understanding lot down-under smile.gif - bsd1

There's a better one on the presale threadwink.gif

I just realised that wasn't for Sydney......oops!!!embarassed.gif

thanks for puttin up the seatin plan but it seems that the red zone is to the sides only and thats very interestin its always been all around the front to the 5 shows ive seen

is it just me or did the price breakdowns just disappear off the ticketek site for Sydney show ??

"Unable to display additional information at this time"

but its hard with seatin plans am i completly wrong there i most likely am

Plus the sydney plan doesn't show the pricing plan zones like the NZ one does.

Maybe we assume it is similar to the NZ one

is it just me or did the price breakdowns just disappear off the ticketek site for Sydney show ??

The seating plan is not too flash either.....Red Zone.....GA and that's all....someone's flying by the seat of their pants! lol Actually, that's not funny......I'm getting a bit stressed!!!!

but its hard with seatin plans am i completly wrong there i most likely am
No idea, I just found what the website had listed. The red zone is on the sides for the NZ concert as well.

Yeppo. The price break downs were showing this morning but they seem to have gone down now... 

I think I am going to go and have a nice cuppa and then come back in half and hour.

Wonder if the NZ red zone sold out as someone said it was showing limited.....?

Nniixx']is it just me or did the price breakdowns just disappear off the ticketek site for Sydney show ??

The seating plan is not too flash either.....Red Zone.....GA and that's all....someone's flying by the seat of their pants! lol Actually, that's not funny......I'm getting a bit stressed!!!!

[quote name='lisaking wrote:

Nniixx']is it just me or did the price breakdowns just disappear off the ticketek site for Sydney show ??

Yeppo. The price break downs were showing this morning but they seem to have gone down now... 

I think I am going to go and have a nice cuppa and then come back in half and hour.

Wonder if the NZ red zone sold out as someone said it was showing limited.....?

Yeah they were an I was thinking happy days - this is going to be a breeze.

Now I'm tense, nervous, anxious, stressed.... eyes.gif

Feedback wrote:

Only for Suncorp - sighs, pulls hair out.

[quote name='Leonie wrote:

Feedback wrote:

stubby']RED ZONE in auckland. yEAH  

cant get on to melbourne ticketmaster
:(

Hope I get them for Sydney!! I'll be able to give Leonie a posh wave in the GA! 
laugh.gif

yes and I will give you the special Leonie (finger) oops mean wave....and to think I offered you somewhere to stay! laugh.giflaugh.gif

Your code can be used more than once . It worked for me.

Just got this from the bosses: We will audit all these transactions, and if we find abuse, they could lose their tickets, and their u2.com <>  membership. - Baja