Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Woot! 3 RedZone tickets for Sydney!!! Bring. It. On.

My question though is that it said there is no option to post out RedZone tickets... any idea why? So now we just turn up on the day and show some ID or I need to collect the tickets from a Ticketek office somewhere in the city?

I don't know - perhaps it is because they have to personally issue the wrist bands?

Well I am glad that is over. In all the panic, I have used my two codes (at least I think I did when I copied and pasted in my panic stricken state!) so have got red zone for Sydney and Melbourne. My sister used her membership code to get red zone Brisbane so I think I am under control... I think....

Good luck to everyone.

It was tough. Ticketek immediately gave me 4 x red zone for Sydney at 11am and then threw me out when i was putting in my cc info! Argh! Stick with it though as it gave me tickets again on the 64th retry!

Are you guys cedars that are getting these tickets??? I dont want to use my code and stuff it up! Please Reply!

dude cedars doesn't start till Monday, read the FAQs! :P

Ticketek kept signing me out, then the venue option wouldn't work for me and then it wouldn't accept my passcode. I tried the other code and same deal. I went through this same process so many times I was having a nervous breakdown, but I finally managed 4 seats in section 105, row 11 in Sydney, which seemed to be the only section on offer.

Phew ...... arrgghhhhh ....... and yay.

Well seems like Cedars are getting tickets. I see alot of people stating they are cedars earlier, now saying they have tickets

WTF ...... KateCB ^^^^^ I just made that post and my name isn't KateCB
Site is screwed up. As per usual. tis a wonder the presales worked at all.

but they did! So hurrah. 

WTF ...... KateCB ^^^^^ I just made that post and my name isn't KateCB

Yes, my account is Differs, but my last was posted as Kiley??!!

just got my email telling me the details of the presale.........half an hour after I got my tickets..........glad I read through 35+ pages here on the forum last night instead and was fully prepared!!! thanks to everyone who has posted relevant and useful advice here........would have been lost without it!!!

[quote name='bluehammer wrote:

KateCB']WTF ...... KateCB ^^^^^ I just made that post and my name isn't KateCB

Site is screwed up. As per usual. tis a wonder the presales worked at all.

but they did! So hurrah. 

I am in Cedar so lets hope they work one more time all I want is two GA tickets for Brissy.

In relation to the website, is the message boards the only thing most people can access? I can't click "My Home" "Members" "Photos" "Videos" "Blogs" or "Groups" or PM anyone.

Yeah, i've noticed I have been quite a few different people when i've logged in here. Hopefully i'm me now that i've logged out and back in again. No offense KateCB .... haha

Presales worked, yes, but I had some problems. Doesn't matter now though, because I have my tickets

wooohhooooooooooooooo

yeah I'm not scottdhopkins either but I think it's a techno problem relating to the website revamp.....doesn't matter now we have tickets!!!!

Got my 4 seats in P2 which is what I wanted as my youngest will still only be 6 by decmber.

I used my code again to see where allocations were up to but didn't buy anymore after a while doing this sait it was invalid so they must have started tracking them ?

Anyway I then used my second code to buy my brother a ticket to P3 which is what he wanted, considered buying 3 GAs to make up the four and then try to onsell them, but then decided that was a bit selfish and would possibly deny 3 general public from getting a ticket.

Of course if they announce a 2nd sydney show and a pre-sale I won't be able to partake - oh well.

What a stressful morning, but all ok in the end.

just got my email telling me the details of the presale.........half an hour after I got my tickets..........glad I read through 35+ pages here on the forum last night instead and was fully prepared!!! thanks to everyone who has posted relevant and useful advice here........would have been lost without it!!!
Same here. Mine arrived half an hour after I bought my tickets too.

and I agree, thank you to everyone here for helping out with details and advice.

i subscribed yesterday and was issued with a presale code. now when i log onto purchase my tickets it saying i need a password. i have tried the access code and its being rejected? what do i do?

:D Got my Melbourne tickets. Anyone know what level 1 aisle 27 would be like? For anyone who got those seats 4 years ago? I think I got something decent, even if it on the far side opposite the stage...

Also, has anyone had the incling that a website revamp often goes in conjunction to a new album? :D:D:D:D:D we'll haveto wait and see what happens in the coming months...

i subscribed yesterday and was issued with a presale code. now when i log onto purchase my tickets it saying i need a password. i have tried the access code and its being rejected? what do i do?
People that only joined this week are part of the 2nd pre-release on MONDAY! (called Cedar)
If you try and buy tickets now and are part of the 2nd pre-release group then you see this message
The password entered is not yet active. Please check your information regarding the time frame when you are elligible for this offer.

It's a bit of a shame cause I joined on Sunday and I'm still part of the 2nd pre-release group, oh well nerd.gif

You can;t use it until about 1pm next Monday 30th.

all new subscribers aren't able to partake in this pre-sale, yours is on the 30th Aug. This has been re-iterated numersou times around the boards here.

Poor Baja is sick of saying it over and over i think.

yeah I'm not scottdhopkins either but I think it's a techno problem relating to the website revamp.....doesn't matter now we have tickets!!!!

I'm not ali_fan either but amen sista/brutha!

Well seems like Cedars are getting tickets. I see alot of people stating they are cedars earlier, now saying they have tickets
Aaaahhhhhhh, no.

Serious question (Bsd1 will be able to answer it for the Kiwis). If you log into ticketek, and then access via the presale shortcut, you need to log in to ticketek again? Or am I mising something?

Roll on Monday

Easiest ticket purchase ever! 

Thanks heaps!! 

One thing though, it would have been easier to get an email with all of the info the day before. We seemed to get one every second day for the American tour last year. Still, the new look site made it easy to find the info.

Nice one! 

[quote name='MrEs wrote:

vicky0009']i subscribed yesterday and was issued with a presale code. now when i log onto purchase my tickets it saying i need a password. i have tried the access code and its being rejected? what do i do?

People that only joined this week are part of the 2nd pre-release on MONDAY! (called Cedar)

If you try and buy tickets now and are part of the 2nd pre-release group then you see this message
The password entered is not yet active. Please check your information regarding the time frame when you are elligible for this offer.

It's a bit of a shame cause I joined on Sunday and I'm still part of the 2nd pre-release group, oh well nerd.gif
Well the concerts were in the news by Sunday morning so you should have joined before Sunday.

Not wanting to boast but I joined back in June when there were rumours in the press that they were coming out in December. It was a risk that paid off because I ended up grouped with all the prervious levels in the first group. Apologies to all the members who have been subscribing for years. I would have happily waited my turn if it had been a staggered presale, maybe the australian ticket sellers couldn't rig it up that way.

So have my Red Zone Tix for Bris which I am stoked with - Just wanted to have a look and see where the $39.00 were located...1st section right behind the bloody stage!!! these tix are massively better than the $300 seated - well for Brisbane anyways...and it doesnt look like they are restricted view!!!