Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

looks like red zone all gone ... they are very cool seats!

An with a presale that goes almost a week, I think it's possible to see now why all the first shows sold out so quickly back in 2006.

Really does pay to have u2.com subscription. Wish they 'd been around back in '89 so I didn;t have to sleep all weekend on the ground outside Ticketek in the tunnel between Wynyard Station and Hunter St to get front row seats.

Dang I was sick after that weekend, and my boss saw me too and suggested I didn;t come to work on the Monday. She was Irish so she understood my passion for the band.

So have my Red Zone Tix for Bris which I am stoked with - Just wanted to have a look and see where the $39.00 were located...1st section right behind the bloody stage!!! these tix are massively better than the $300 seated - well for Brisbane anyways...and it doesnt look like they are restricted view!!!

But the majority of the time you'd be looking at the back of the band ?

Is it too early to start asking about second shows?  Can't make Melb on the 1st. frown.gif

One guy is already selling THIRTY GA TICKETS on Ozzie eBay for $192.00 each. mad.gifpimp.gif

Bloody Scalpers

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

One guy is already selling THIRTY GA TICKETS on Ozzie eBay for $192.00 each. mad.gifpimp.gif

yes, these have been up for days. Don't know how they got their tickets days ago..

And how is this possible? Ticketek and ticketmaster rort that's how it's happening! How does sum1 have 30 tickets 1 hour after a pre sale, it's a joke!

And how is this possible? Ticketek and ticketmaster rort that's how it's happening! How does sum1 have 30 tickets 1 hour after a pre sale, it's a joke!

Have you checked out the other tickets this ebay seller has for sale for other artists?

Hello Mod, my aren't you a busy beaver today!

Dumb question but I don't know which [presale code I used.

I kept getting knocked back for tickets and thought it may be the codes.

Trying over 20 times, I kept alternating between codes.

It wasn't, it was be being a nuff nuff and trying to buy 4 instead of 2.

Anyway of working out which ones I used???

ta

For those having issues with navigating the boards or your screen names...

I see that most of you are new here. Welcome =)

The website and message boards are going through a transition. Not the greatest timing but somtimes, that's just how U2.Com rolls. Try to give it a few days for the techs to finish their work and then you should be able to access your profile and homepage and edit your account etc.

Once the transition is complete, I'm sure threads will be set up to deal with any recurring tech issues or you can seek the assistance of the moderators. They're probably going a little nuts right now.

Good luck to everyone buying tickets this week. My friends and I got ours to all the shows we wanted tonight with no problems.

[quote name='bjc wrote:

nj2obrien']Well seems like Cedars are getting tickets. I see alot of people stating they are cedars earlier, now saying they have tickets

Aaaahhhhhhh, no.

Serious question (Bsd1 will be able to answer it for the Kiwis). If you log into ticketek, and then access via the presale shortcut, you need to log in to ticketek again? Or am I mising something?

Roll on MondayI'm not sure what you mean, but I'll give it a go.

You shouldn't need to log in to Ticketek again UNLESS you logged in 10 minutes or more before you tried to buy tickets, it seems Ticketek logs you out if you don't do anything for 10 minutes or so.

Re: the Cedar thing what SHOULD happen is that if you joined the fanclub after the 22nd August you're in the Cedar group and your pre-sale code (which will start 3UE) will only be valid on the 30th August section of the pre-sale.

Is it too early to start asking about second shows?  Can't make Melb on the 1st. frown.gif

It will be more like the 3rd and the 4th.  Official announcement likely around the time of the general sale, or maybe before.

She has them also to NRL games, Metallica, Bon Jovi, Robbie Williams, Powderfinger, Eagles, Michael Buble, Rugby Union, Muse, Blondie, Ashes Cricket etc etc

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:

grant1975']So have my Red Zone Tix for Bris which I am stoked with - Just wanted to have a look and see where the $39.00 were located...1st section right behind the bloody stage!!! these tix are massively better than the $300 seated - well for Brisbane anyways...and it doesnt look like they are restricted view!!!

That's where I got my tickets. As I understand it the band moves around the stage and while may be facing towards the majority of the crowd a lot of the time they also face towards the back every now and again (there was a post about it in this thread somewhere, can't find it right now).

[quote name='lisaking wrote:

dfunk257']And how is this possible? Ticketek and ticketmaster rort that's how it's happening! How does sum1 have 30 tickets 1 hour after a pre sale, it's a joke!

Have you checked out the other tickets this ebay seller has for sale for other artists?

Her name is Ticket-Woman I reckon she works for ticketek.

Years ago my sister in law worked as head of store security for a Grace Brothers (Myer) store. She used to open up the store each morning an let the staff in. She used to be the first person to see the ticketek staff and one time she asked them to print of 10 tickets to the artist formerly known as Prince. She sold us 2 of them for $value but she told us it happens all the time.

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:

grant1975']So have my Red Zone Tix for Bris which I am stoked with - Just wanted to have a look and see where the $39.00 were located...1st section right behind the bloody stage!!! these tix are massively better than the $300 seated - well for Brisbane anyways...and it doesnt look like they are restricted view!!!

The band will face the back, but it can vary how much they do from show to show and venue set up.  They will take turns going back when they walk around.  Still the seats can be very close.  Some people loved it, some people wished they were back there more. 

You're also the first to see the band walk out on stage and the last to see them leave...while they wave to you.  =)

Any idea if Red Zone in Auckland is sold out? I'm in Cedar, just waiting for Monday, so stressed and worried they'll be all gone! Just need 2 RZ!

So happy for all of those who got theirs today though :)

Nope, not at this time, no clue. Be aware you can only purchase 2 RZ tickets at a time - Baja

She has them also to NRL games, Metallica, Bon Jovi, Robbie Williams, Powderfinger, Eagles, Michael Buble, Rugby Union, Muse, Blondie, Ashes Cricket etc etc
She probably sees it as a perk of her job, but I bet it probably breaches the rules of he job.

Although in 2006 when I bought tickets they asked me for a name, address and contact. Probably to stop fraud of some sort.

She's obviously found ways around it all.

How about we make it a mssion to track her down and find out where she works and tip off her employer to the fact that she's making huge sums of money illegally.

[quote name='mad.gifmad.gifNniixx wrote:

zlatucka']She has them also to NRL games, Metallica, Bon Jovi, Robbie Williams, Powderfinger, Eagles, Michael Buble, Rugby Union, Muse, Blondie, Ashes Cricket etc etc

She probably sees it as a perk of her job, but I bet it probably breaches the rules of he job.

Although in 2006 when I bought tickets they asked me for a name, address and contact. Probably to stop fraud of some sort.

How about we make it a mssion to track her down and find out where she works and tip off her employer to the fact that she's making huge sums of money illegally.

Hehe i would love to. Hate people that abuse the system, and also take advantage of those people who miss out. arking up GA tix by almost 100% is ridiculous. Plus scalping is illegal.

i don't how to get around it without purchasing a ticket and finding out where it originated. It sucks. There isn't even a relevant option to report the seller.

Cranky!!

[quote name='zlatucka wrote:

mad.gifmad.gif

Nniixx wrote:

zlatucka']She has them also to NRL games, Metallica, Bon Jovi, Robbie Williams, Powderfinger, Eagles, Michael Buble, Rugby Union, Muse, Blondie, Ashes Cricket etc etc

Hehe i would love to. Hate people that abuse the system, and also take advantage of those people who miss out. arking up GA tix by almost 100% is ridiculous. Plus scalping is illegal.

i don't how to get around it without purchasing a ticket and finding out where it originated. It sucks. There isn't even a relevant option to report the seller.

Cranky!!Yeah you could probably track it back to the agency and staff member id, but then they might just deny it is them.

It does suck.mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Ok. Got her.

I happened to look at the tickets to South Sydney vs Parramatta as I'm a Parra fan and the tickets are only $10 and they're almost on the halfway line on the opposite side of the field to the section I'm in for U2 at $229 a pop but the method of delivery states

Delivery: Were going to the game and tickets can only be collected from us at the game on Friday after 6.45pm

I'm so tempted to buy them and go out and meet her and give her an earful.

Maybe I should get Today Tonight or one of the other TV shows on to it

That would be a fabulous idea!!! Though i would be nervous doing it, i might get bashed if i did it myself!! Today Tonight or ACA would def be interested in the story. It's in the 'public interest'.

Pity 'bout the Eels this year, they are my partners team. He isn't impressed!

I have to say that the ticketing process went extremely well for this tour.

There does not appear to have been any major hiccups.

Congrats to all concerned.

MG

I'm not sure what you mean, but I'll give it a go.

You shouldn't need to log in to Ticketek again UNLESS you logged in 10 minutes or more before you tried to buy tickets, it seems Ticketek logs you out if you don't do anything for 10 minutes or so.
sorry - I was a bit confusing there wasn't I! I'll try again:

Step 1: I log into www.ticketek.co.nz. No probs.

Step 2: I look around ticketek for U2, but there is no access to the presale visible.

Step 3: I go to the presale page on u2.com (in a different window).

Step 4: I click the presale link, and it takes me to ticketek. But I'm no longer logged in to ticketek?

I assume that when I enter my code (on the ticketek site, without being logged in), it will take me to another ticketek login screen, and all will be sweet.

In the past I have logged into ticketek first (as you recommended earlier), and then when I've clicked through from another site I've stayed logged in. I'm sure it's a non issue that I don't even need to worry about, but just trying to get my ducks in a row for Monday.

Perth x 2 GA - woo hoo! That's all Aus shows . . .and NZ . . . now the wait for more dates??