Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Perth x 2 GA - woo hoo! That's all Aus shows . . .and NZ . . . now the wait for more dates??
2 you have 2GA at each of the 5 shows cos that would be 10 tickets and how'd you split your codes across shows ?

Have got my tickets for Perth...yes...only been waiting 12.5 years! I bought GA standing as I want to get there early and get close to the front, but the receipt has a row number and seat numbers. Hope I haven't stuffed up and got the wrong tkts. It detinitely says "General Admission Standing" but also has the seat numbers... What's with that anyone know?

roll.gifYeah just got perth 8 ga tickets for my friends and family so happy and if they have second show going to go red zone with husband cant wait.

What's this I have been reading that some people are being told GA tickets will not be sent out and will have to be picked up at the venue?

That's a load of bollix lol  ...I can just see 15000 people lining up in front of a ticketmaster caravan happy.gif

Have got my tickets for Perth...yes...only been waiting 12.5 years! I bought GA standing as I want to get there early and get close to the front, but the receipt has a row number and seat numbers. Hope I haven't stuffed up and got the wrong tkts. It detinitely says "General Admission Standing" but also has the seat numbers... What's with that anyone know?

My RZ say the same so it might be their way of keeping track of numbers...

Don't worry, it's normal. It's just for ticket identification purposes.

What's this I have been reading that some people are being told GA tickets will not be sent out and will have to be picked up at the venue?

That's a load of bollix lol  ...I can just see 15000 people lining up in front of a ticketmaster caravan happy.gif

The only thing i have heard about this is that it is for the Red Zone only. They need to get wrist bands and they enter the stadium through other doors than for general tix.

That would be a fabulous idea!!! Though i would be nervous doing it, i might get bashed if i did it myself!! Today Tonight or ACA would def be interested in the story. It's in the 'public interest'.

Pity 'bout the Eels this year, they are my partners team. He isn't impressed!

Yeah probably has protection nearby in case things turn nasty.

[quote name='zlatucka wrote:

Lemonhead']What's this I have been reading that some people are being told GA tickets will not be sent out and will have to be picked up at the venue?

That's a load of bollix lol  ...I can just see 15000 people lining up in front of a ticketmaster caravan
happy.gif

The only thing i have heard about this is that it is for the Red Zone only. They need to get wrist bands and they enter the stadium through other doors than for general tix.

Yup, seen that for the RZ but I also read this in the International thread concerning GA. But that must be a mistake, can't see how it would work.

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:

aclemo']Perth x 2 GA - woo hoo! That's all Aus shows . . .and NZ . . . now the wait for more dates??

2 you have 2GA at each of the 5 shows cos that would be 10 tickets and how'd you split your codes across shows ?

3 of us with codes - so we used all 3 to access the 5 shows

OMG. I can't believe I just spent 300 bucks for a seat!!! I've never paid that much for a concert until now. On the upside, ticket buying went very smoothly.

Got my tickets at 10:35 Adelaide time (2x GA). So I'll be out early lining up on Monday 13 December for the Circle. Ticket purchase was real smooth unlike 4 years ago where it took me half a day to get 4 tickets. I'll assume they will mail tickets out (as the confirmation email says that pick up is not available for sydney/melbourne shows) or I'll pick them up from a box office in Sydney prior to the show.

code can be used more than once? what??? this is crap!!!

it said on the faq you could only use your code ONCE!!!! i just had to fork out for four brisbane tickets now looking to trade!! WHAT THE HELL!?!?!

Chill, we will be auditing the system and canceling tickets and memberships of those cheats - Baja

Baja Girl - I was buying 2 tickets at Brisbane and had an error from ticketek so went through process again and this time got confirmation.  Since have had 2no. confirmations for Brisbane (2 tickets each confirmation) emailed to me.  Checked bank and 2 lots of cash taken out!  I am not a cheat and would be devistated if my tickets are taken off me.  If there is some way to get the 2nd lot refunded would appreciate it.

Call customer service, explain what happened, have one order canceled, easy - Baja

happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif 4 Redzone Tickets for Perth. Very happy the money goes to a good cause.

1998 seems like such a long time ago since I saw U2 last in Perth. I am so excited for this concert!!!

Btw I finally received my email about how to access the pre-sale at 11.36am Sydney time 34 minutes after I had finished my purchase of Tickets.

I only used my code ONCE per the FAQ's even though I only bought 2 RZ

technically I have 2 tix avail on that code but I assumed that as the code can only be used ONCE I dare not risk using it again as it may suggest duplication and thus fraud and all tix cancelled (per BAJA's post)

that's how I've understood it

I must say, for all my nerves beforehand, the system worked perfectly and smoothly. Excellent communication by U2.com.

All people do is usually complain about ticketing. In this case, well done to all involved (if they ever read this).

[quote name='Alexander wrote:

benbabao']code can be used more than once? what??? this is crap!!!

it said on the faq you could only use your code ONCE!!!! i just had to fork out for four brisbane tickets now looking to trade!! WHAT THE HELL!?!?!

Chill, we will be auditing the system and canceling tickets and memberships of those cheats - Baj
a

A - You will be able to use the code to complete your four ticket allocation against future North American shows - but not against any European shows. 

So why do the USA get to reuse the same code in order to complete their 4 seat alloacations? I understood Australia could do the same based on this as long as you were buying for a different city.