Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

MELBOURNE RED ZONE AND SEATED ALL GONE FOR THIS PRE-SALE. GA ONLY AVAILABLE

How do you know that ?

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:

MrEs wrote:

vicky0009']i subscribed yesterday and was issued with a presale code. now when i log onto purchase my tickets it saying i need a password. i have tried the access code and its being rejected? what do i do?

People that only joined this week are part of the 2nd pre-release on MONDAY! (called Cedar)
If you try and buy tickets now and are part of the 2nd pre-release group then you see this message
The password entered is not yet active. Please check your information regarding the time frame when you are elligible for this offer.

It's a bit of a shame cause I joined on Sunday and I'm still part of the 2nd pre-release group, oh well 
nerd.gif
Well the concerts were in the news by Sunday morning so you should have joined before Sunday.

Not wanting to boast but I joined back in June when there were rumours in the press that they were coming out in December. It was a risk that paid off because I ended up grouped with all the prervious levels in the first group. Apologies to all the members who have been subscribing for years. I would have happily waited my turn if it had been a staggered presale, maybe the australian ticket sellers couldn't rig it up that way.

Yea all good!

I don't really follow U2 so I didn't know they were coming here until I saw it in the paper and I thought I would surprise the misses with two tickets (for her and her bestie) pimp.gif

I don't believe for 1 second that she is the only 1 doing this. It goes alot deeper, I believe that Ticketek are also involved in this ticket scam, it has been happening for a long time now that everytime a major event goes up for sale, at least a quarter of the tickets end up on eBay for at least double the price. How else do these people get so many of these tickets?As for being a big U2 fan, this ticketek crap is the reason why I joined U2.com, so I could avoid this crap, it's just ridiculous and something needs to be done about it. But I doubt anything will get done, Ticketek will just keep makin loads of extra $$$$$, in the end that's what it's all about for these losers!

I don't believe for 1 second that she is the only 1 doing this. It goes alot deeper, I believe that Ticketek are also involved in this ticket scam, it has been happening for a long time now that everytime a major event goes up for sale, at least a quarter of the tickets end up on eBay for at least double the price. How else do these people get so many of these tickets?As for being a big U2 fan, this ticketek crap is the reason why I joined U2.com, so I could avoid this crap, it's just ridiculous and something needs to be done about it. But I doubt anything will get done, Ticketek will just keep makin loads of extra $$$$$, in the end that's what it's all about for these losers!

[quote name='Alexander wrote:

benbabao']code can be used more than once? what??? this is crap!!!

it said on the faq you could only use your code ONCE!!!! i just had to fork out for four brisbane tickets now looking to trade!! WHAT THE HELL!?!?!

Chill, we will be auditing the system and canceling tickets and memberships of those cheats - Baja

Baja Girl - I was buying 2 tickets at Brisbane and had an error from ticketek so went through process again and this time got confirmation.  Since have had 2no. confirmations for Brisbane (2 tickets each confirmation) emailed to me.  Checked bank and 2 lots of cash taken out!  I am not a cheat and would be devistated if my tickets are taken off me.  If there is some way to get the 2nd lot refunded would appreciate it.

Hopefully it will mean people who bought 10, 20, 30 tickets who are clearly rorting the system, whereas if you bought 2 x 2 which is 4 anyway then that should be fine or if you bought 6 and were entitled to 8 via two codes.

I saw someone who posted here that they kept alternately trying their two codes because they were having issues and I know that I had 1 window open with a text file containing my codes, 1 window contianing my credit card numbers and another with Ticketek and was swapping around to use one code for 4 P2 tix and 1 code and a different ticketek account and CC to buy 1 P3 ticket for my brother.

I was so worried out about using the same code twice, although I presumed it wouldn't let me, or the same credit card twice or the same ticketek account twice, but I'm pretty sure I got it all right. For something that should be enjoybale in the end,  it was very stressful over the last day or two and especially this morning.

I did same as you Nnixx - don't want to risk losing my RZ tix that's for sure :)

I will try the ticketmaster public sale for the 4 seats I need to get for other friends in the group as they're not as 'fanatical' as moi :D

friend of mine subscribed today and was already able to purchase tickets, so the system is flawed. wont work for me of course, seeing as I missed  the first group by only 24hours when I subscribed.

on another note, do you think any red zone tickets will be available when the 2nd tier of subscribers can access on Monday for Aussie shows?

And the fact they charged $19.30 admin fee

Perth RZ 1 (Edge's side) was gone when I attempted again, so I selected RZ 2 (Adam's side) :)

likely they will release some more for next group on Monday

(those are just guesses as to which side is which btw )

code can be used more than once? what??? this is crap!!!

it said on the faq you could only use your code ONCE!!!! i just had to fork out for four brisbane tickets now looking to trade!! WHAT THE HELL!?!?!

Chill, we will be auditing the system and canceling tickets and memberships of those cheats - Baja

So I wanted three tix for Brisbane (2 seated & 1GA) and the Ticketek site wouldn't let me have a mixture of tickets. So I completed the seated ticket order & then did a separate one for the 1x GA ticket. In my haste I just pasted the same code previously used. I do have a second unused code that I'm more than willing to have applied for the GA order. I've got awesome seated tickets and I don't want them cancelled. Please help.

Here's a question for and Admin or Mod.

I just went to the Presale page http://www.u2.com/tour/presale and it still lists both my pre-sales codes.

Shouldn't they show up as used or something ??

I'm now beginning to have doubts about my ability to track which code I cut and paste into the the Ticketek page, especially as it just showed up as all dots - that freaked me out at first.

Then on the last page after I'd put in my CC details i missed the insurance option and I kept clicking continue and it kept popping up window saying I needed to select an insurance option and I was freaking out for about a minute trying to find that darn option.

Seriously I know I should be chillaxing now knowing that I've got tickets but self doubt and stress is making me wonder if I made a mistake ?

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:

Alexander wrote:

Baja Girl - I was buying 2 tickets at Brisbane and had an error from ticketek so went through process again and this time got confirmation.  Since have had 2no. confirmations for Brisbane (2 tickets each confirmation) emailed to me.  Checked bank and 2 lots of cash taken out!  I am not a cheat and would be devistated if my tickets are taken off me.  If there is some way to get the 2nd lot refunded would appreciate it.

Hopefully it will mean people who bought 10, 20, 30 tickets who are clearly rorting the system, whereas if you bought 2 x 2 which is 4 anyway then that should be fine or if you bought 6 and were entitled to 8 via two codes.

I saw someone who posted here that they kept alternately trying their two codes because they were having issues and I know that I had 1 window open with a text file containing my codes, 1 window contianing my credit card numbers and another with Ticketek and was swapping around to use one code for 4 P2 tix and 1 code and a different ticketek account and CC to buy 1 P3 ticket for my brother.

I was so worried out about using the same code twice, although I presumed it wouldn't let me, or the same credit card twice or the same ticketek account twice, but I'm pretty sure I got it all right. For something that should be enjoybale in the end,  it was very stressful over the last day or two and especially this morning.

Of course it was stressful. 

There's no record of whether a presale on your page is used or not. 

There was no email until 30 minutes after the on sale. 

There was inconsistent information, the site was up and down...

It's hardly the fault of those who've made any innocent mistakes along the way. Completely agree with the cancelling of dodgy ticket orders, but how about the method of buying tickets is improved so as to prevent this rather than it being so reactive?

Got my tickets though, so happy...

[quote name='Kayp29 wrote:

So I wanted three tix for Brisbane (2 seated & 1GA) and the Ticketek site wouldn't let me have a mixture of tickets. So I completed the seated ticket order & then did a separate one for the 1x GA ticket. In my haste I just pasted the same code previously used. I do have a second unused code that I'm more than willing to have applied for the GA order. I've got awesome seated tickets and I don't want them cancelled. Please help.

I did the same as you...in my haste I had already copied my code and didn't change it when I bought 1Brisbane ticket..i also have an unused code. Having said that I also thought you could buy up to 4 tickets on the one code as long as they were different cities. I feel so sick now that my transactions will be cancelled even though I only bought 3 tickets all up. This is more stressful than buying the tickets now. Please help Baja!!

Here's a question for and Admin or Mod.

I just went to the Presale page http://www.u2.com/tour/presale and it still lists both my pre-sales codes.

Shouldn't they show up as used or something ??

I'm now beginning to have doubts about my ability to track which code I cut and paste into the the Ticketek page, especially as it just showed up as all dots - that freaked me out at first.

Then on the last page after I'd put in my CC details i missed the insurance option and I kept clicking continue and it kept popping up window saying I needed to select an insurance option and I was freaking out for about a minute trying to find that darn option.

Seriously I know I should be chillaxing now knowing that I've got tickets but self doubt and stress is making me wonder if I made a mistake ?

Yes. This is a serious concern and needs to be addressed. If you have people that have been active in this forum getting their tickets cancelled, then that is as wrong as dodgy additional purchases in my opinion. 

We can only trust that the right things will be done. 

but who has that confidence after the last week?

FAQS states -

code to be used ONCE only, ONE code per transaction, up to 4 tix limit

what if you bought only 2 tix say first up, can you go back and use this same code and buy 2 more to make up the 4 limit per code

it wouldnt let me choose the mix neither, hence went for RZ only x2

very confusing!

but I'd rather be safe than sorry so won't try don't think and instead go via public sale

[quote name='zlatucka wrote:

Lemonhead']What's this I have been reading that some people are being told GA tickets will not be sent out and will have to be picked up at the venue?

That's a load of bollix lol  ...I can just see 15000 people lining up in front of a ticketmaster caravan
happy.gif

The only thing i have heard about this is that it is for the Red Zone only. They need to get wrist bands and they enter the stadium through other doors than for general tix.

Firstly I would like to thank everyone at U2.COM, all went well, except for the late email but hey these things happen. I have been a member for a very long time, with minimal input. Baja girl, you do have your work cut out.

I also have to get my tickets up from the venue/outlet. I phoned Ticketek about this, they said they were not sending out GA tickets in the mail. I was also adviced I can pick these tickets up before the concert. I guess I am happy with that and not worried that the mail man who could be a U2 fan borrow them.....lol

[quote name='Kayp29 wrote:

So I wanted three tix for Brisbane (2 seated & 1GA) and the Ticketek site wouldn't let me have a mixture of tickets. So I completed the seated ticket order & then did a separate one for the 1x GA ticket. In my haste I just pasted the same code previously used. I do have a second unused code that I'm more than willing to have applied for the GA order. I've got awesome seated tickets and I don't want them cancelled. Please help.Looks like some Post Ticket Stress Disorder is setting in !! And not just with me.

Agree... Baja deserves huge thanks for her work this week but doesn't that beg the question as to why it's all left to one person to communicate?

It causes her stress, the users stress, and really is unacceptable for a site charging $50 per membership.

Look at the confusion amongs people who frequent this place... Imagine being someone who just paid their $50 to subscribe? How would they know?

My transaction was smooth, albeit switching back and forth between u2.com and ticketek sites. Had a look at P2 tix for Sydney, but they were almost in the far corner, so had to start again and got P1 on side of stage (section 105). No probs with codes and still have one left.

Tix are expensive but that is the market, and still much better value than Coldplay GA at $200+.

Would have been much easier and less stressful if (1) email was sent earlier and had explicit instructions and (2) a seating plan was available. How hard can that be, either stadium or ticketek at fault. Imagine the chaos if no seating plan when general sale starts!

Agree... Baja deserves huge thanks for her work this week but doesn't that beg the question as to why it's all left to one person to communicate?

It causes her stress, the users stress, and really is unacceptable for a site charging $50 per membership.

Look at the confusion amongs people who frequent this place... Imagine being someone who just paid their $50 to subscribe? How would they know?

Forgot to add my thanks.wink.gif

Yeah I bought membership before the FAQ went up but not before Sunday and I must say if the Cedar presale doesn't come through for me I'll be pretty down on the subscription idea. I really wish that there was some staggering so that I wouldn't basically be in "general public 2" when I bought in good faith not knowing the terms and conditions. Seems like the FAQ and beginning of presale would have been logical stagger points with others running back in time for long term members (which is what I think they did for other countries). 

That being said, the way that today's sale seems to have gone I am pretty hopeful that Monday's will go well too.

My transaction was smooth, albeit switching back and forth between u2.com and ticketek sites. Had a look at P2 tix for Sydney, but they were almost in the far corner, so had to start again and got P1 on side of stage (section 105). No probs with codes and still have one left.

Tix are expensive but that is the market, and still much better value than Coldplay GA at $200+.

Would have been much easier and less stressful if (1) email was sent earlier and had explicit instructions and (2) a seating plan was available. How hard can that be, either stadium or ticketek at fault. Imagine the chaos if no seating plan when general sale starts!

I got section 110-1 for 4 x P2 which I thought was a bit far along, but don't know where the P1 cuts off. When I looked t P1 twice, they were both in 105-1. The P3 ticket I bought for my brother is in Row 1 of 605-1 so looking straight on side, but high up ?

okay just rang TM and you can reuse the code to buy up to 4 tix, so if you only say bought 2 RZ then you go back and buy your remaining 2 to make up the 4

so he says! how confusing... though so in essence those that just get 4 all up per code should be okay

okay just rang TM and you can reuse the code to buy up to 4 tix, so if you only say bought 2 RZ then you go back and buy your remaining 2 to make up the 4

so he says! how confusing... though so in essence those that just get 4 all up per code should be okay

Is that assuming for the same show or can you buy in a different city?