Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:

moscow_horizon']MELBOURNE RED ZONE AND SEATED ALL GONE FOR THIS PRE-SALE. GA ONLY AVAILABLE

How do you know that ?

Because if I go in now and try and book with my code, only GA comes up. This may mean they have exhausted the initial allocation and there are still tickets in the Red Zone for the Cedars, but who knows?

Ticket agents don't put everything on sale for Pre-sales. SO that doesn't mean they are all sold out. 

okay just rang TM and you can reuse the code to buy up to 4 tix, so if you only say bought 2 RZ then you go back and buy your remaining 2 to make up the 4

so he says! how confusing... though so in essence those that just get 4 all up per code should be okay

That's the TM response for this hour... can't wait for next hour's exciting update :-)

[quote name='moscow_horizon wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

moscow_horizon']MELBOURNE RED ZONE AND SEATED ALL GONE FOR THIS PRE-SALE. GA ONLY AVAILABLE

How do you know that ?

Because if I go in now and try and book with my code, only GA comes up. This may mean they have exhausted the initial allocation and there are still tickets in the Red Zone for the Cedars, but who knows?

Yup, not all tickets went on sale today. Selected tickets for all ticket prices. More will be released for the Cedar Group and then again for the General Sale.

yes I second that as its my word against TM so best I hold onto my RZ and not risk!

I will try for public sale instead me thinks as I am happy that I get RZ at least once :)

I was so excited this morning, but am soooooooooo miserable now.

Have had major dramas with my Magnificent code ... planned to get some Red Zone Brizzy tix but have been unable to buy anything at all since starting to try at 11am.

You are right about Baja, she's a champ and working very hard. Really appreciate anything and everything she is doing to help, both myself and anyone else with dramas.

Glad things went smoothly for the rest of you guys.

Wren wrote:

Yeah I bought membership
before the FAQ went up but not before Sunday
and I must say if the Cedar presale doesn't come through for me I'll be pretty down on the subscription idea. 
I really wish that there was some staggering so that I wouldn't basically be in "general public 2" when I bought in good faith not knowing the terms and conditions
. Seems like the FAQ and beginning of presale would have been logical stagger points with others running back in time for long term members (which is what I think they did for other countries). 

Even before the FAQs were updated, there was information availible on the forums (which I believe are visible to the general public?) regarding the proposed staggering (albiet only the original four groups). When I joined (which was Monday morning), there was no talk of Cedar, I was of the understanding that I was in the Magnificent group. But anyway, we haven't "lost" anything? The originally proposed staggering still had us getting access at lunchtime Friday, now we get access at lunchtime Monday. What's the difference? I seriously doubt that there will be a huge buyup of tickets over the next few days, I'd have thought that 95% of the presales would be made straight away - being diehard fans and all. Which begs the question - why the big stagger between the two groups now? I don't feel disadvantaged at all really.

Glad I live in Nu Zullund and don't have to worry about splitting codes across concerts etc! So looking forward to hearing One Tree Monument Hill live for the third time. Better not count those chickens just yet though...

You're right about information being here in the forums, but sometimes that's like telling someone who asks a question that they can find the answer in the national library...laugh.gif

There's an awful lot of noise and horrible layouts to get through to find your info. 

Which I'm sure I've just added too...embarassed.gif

i've been lurking around this thread and so far i haven't seen anyone mention about fan packages..

so my question is do you need a pre-sale code for fan packages.. because it takes me to a different website.. and i got up to the point where it's asking me for my cc details, just to see whether it will ask for a pre-sale code.. but i didn't finish it through because i don't want to run the risk of getting my package cancelled. I know from experience for other concerts is they ask for ID for these types of packages and you won't know where you're seated until on the day itself..

can someone here confirm?

also.. i've been looking around this thread for seating plans for the sydney show.. but i haven't had any luck so far..

sorry if it's already posted somewhere.. i just don't know where to look anymore.. :(

thanks heaps! learned a lot from reading this thread! :) congratulations to all those who scored tickets already! :)

i've been lurking around this thread and so far i haven't seen anyone mention about fan packages..

also.. i've been looking around this thread for seating plans for the sydney show.. but i haven't had any luck so far..

Can't help you for the packages thing but the Sydney seating plan is here

so my question is do you need a pre-sale code for fan packages.. because it takes me to a different website.. and i got up to the point where it's asking me for my cc details, just to see whether it will ask for a pre-sale code.. but i didn't finish it through because i don't want to run the risk of getting my package cancelled. I know from experience for other concerts is they ask for ID for these types of packages and you won't know where you're seated until on the day itself..

can someone here confirm?

sorry if it's already posted somewhere.. i just don't know where to look anymore.. :(

thanks heaps! learned a lot from reading this thread! :) congratulations to all those who scored tickets already! :)

I guess not because it includes promoters tickets etc

[quote name='Lemonhead wrote:

nylle77']i've been lurking around this thread and so far i haven't seen anyone mention about fan packages..

Can't help you for the packages thing but the Sydney seating plan is here

As I've previosuly mentioned, that seating plan tells you nothing as it doesn;t indicate where the P1, P2, P3 zones are.

Plus it's for Sidney, LOL.

I suppose its more confusing as TM and ticketec have had differing info as well, per transaction, per city etc etc

all we really need to know is -

can SAME code be used again to makup the 4 tix limit per transaction? (as some have bought only 2 tix say hence technically have 2 tix to use if SAME code is allowed to be reused OR code use ONCE only regardless of how many tix purchased 4 or less)

if so, does that apply to ANY show regardless of city as long as 4 tix only per transaction/code (e.g. 2 tix Melb / 2 tix Per OR 4 tix Perth only)

clear as mud? LOL one would think that once the code has been used in its entirety that it would show up as USED on our accounts, so maybe that would clarify it for all ? mine still showing up btw but I've only bought 2 tix per code and dont want to risk my RZ just in case!! until its confirmed either way... thanks BAJA :)

You're right about information being here in the forums, but sometimes that's like telling someone who asks a question that they can find the answer in the national library...laugh.gif

There's an awful lot of noise and horrible layouts to get through to find your info. 

Which I'm sure I've just added too...embarassed.gif

Or the number of people who asked do I have to be a paid member to get access to pre-sales codes or such like questions which were answered in the FAQS.

Bascially since Sunday, I have kept reading the FAQs and this thread and the pre-sales page and managed to get through it all, so.....

I suppose its more confusing as TM and ticketec have had differing info as well, per transaction, per city etc etc

all we really need to know is -

can SAME code be used again to makup the 4 tix limit per transaction? (as some have bought only 2 tix say hence technically have 2 tix to use if SAME code is allowed to be reused OR code use ONCE only regardless of how many tix purchased 4 or less)

if so, does that apply to ANY show regardless of city as long as 4 tix only per transaction (e.g. 2 tix Melb / 2 tix Per OR 4 tix Perth only)

clear as mud? LOL one would think that once the code has been used in its entirety that it would show up as USED on our accounts, so maybe that would clarify it for all ? mine still showing up btw but I've only bought 2 tix per code and dont want to risk my RZ just in case!! until its confirmed either way... thanks BAJA :)

Good point because I bought 4 on 1 and 1 on the other so potentially have 3 left if they allow us to buy at another show, eg a second sydney show.

What would be really good is some form of code clarifier that you put the pre-sales code in and it tells you if you've used it already or got ticket availability left.

I would hate to think that my tickets would be cancelled because I bought 2 tix in Syd and 1 in Brisbane...3 tickets all up.

I hope they are trying to target someone who buys 4 tix each in Sydney, Melb, Perth etc on the same code.

No, the rules are clear, 4 tickets for ONE show. So yes, there is a possibility the orders will be canceled- Baja

well I just attempted buying 3 seats using my presale code (that Ive bought 2 rZ already) and it comes up with exceed limit of that code (or words to that effect) so when I changed it to 2 seats only it allowed it to go through okay :)

they were all for Perth show btw

i was just testing it, I did not proceed as I would rather be sure :))))))))))))) and most seats werent coming up as the top anyway so may wait it out for next release

I wonder if Davinda is one of those blond Russian chicks that likes tennis. Or maybe she was at the Moscow show?

Cya

kings

I would hate to think that my tickets would be cancelled because I bought 2 tix in Syd and 1 in Brisbane...3 tickets all up.

I hope they are trying to target someone who buys 4 tix each in Sydney, Melb, Perth etc on the same code.

Or it was just to scare off the scalpers.

I think there was such a rush to get the presale in place that systems weren't ready to cater for it and hence there were some anomalies.

If try using my first sales code now it says that is has expired or is incorect, but if I use my second it lets me through although in theory I used it to buy 1 ticket so shouldn't it not have expierd too ?

So now I don't know whether it means I can buy more or I used the first one twice in error or what ?

well I just attempted buying 3 seats using my presale code (that Ive bought 2 rZ already) and it comes up with exceed limit of that code (or words to that effect) so when I changed it to 2 seats only it allowed it to go through okay :)

i was just testing it, I did not proceed as I would rather be sure :))))))))))))) and most seats werent coming up as the top anyway so may wait it out for next release

When I attempted to buy 1 more ticket for Sydney/Brisbane it wouldnt let me but when i tried for Melbourne it did allow me (i didnt go through with it).....so based on this it would seem that your TM guy was right and you can buy up to your 4 ticket allocation

When I attempted to buy 1 more ticket for Sydney/Brisbane it wouldnt let me but when i tried for Melbourne it did allow me (i didnt go through with it).....so based on this it would seem that your TM guy was right and you can buy up to your 4 ticket allocation

Thanks heaps for answering my question.. this forum relieves all the ticket buying stress.. props to everyone especially baja!