Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Recommended Posts


well I just attempted buying 3 seats using my presale code (that Ive bought 2 rZ already) and it comes up with exceed limit of that code (or words to that effect) so when I changed it to 2 seats only it allowed it to go through okay :)

 

they were all for Perth show btw

 

i was just testing it, I did not proceed as I would rather be sure :))))))))))))) and most seats werent coming up as the top anyway so may wait it out for next release

Well that confirms to me that the systems were not ready for the pre-sale so if people have made honest mistakes because the system did not stop them the propmoter has to wear it in my opinion. Obviously if someone has managed to score 20 tickets using the same code then that is worth attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it looks like that TM and ticketec have their OWN rulings, hence 4 tix limit per city for ticketec and per transaction TM but 4 tix limit regardless of city

 

hence the confusion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question, im in Melb and purchased tix for Syd show but GA tix are not able to be posted and collection only was available. Would I be able to pick up the tix at the Melb Box office or as its a Syd show would it have to be done up there? I would much prefer to have the tickets before making the trip up for peace of mind. Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as long as you've not exceeded the 4 tix limit per code regardless of city, I would think thats okay but agree that anyone exceeding 4 tix limit should be "looked" at in more detail ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So someone could have used their ONE code to buy 4 tix through Ticketek & 4 through Ticketmaster?


They could, but then their membership AND ticket orders would be canceled and no refund given - Baja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it looks like that TM and ticketec have their OWN rulings, hence 4 tix limit per city for ticketec and per transaction TM but 4 tix limit regardless of city

 

hence the confusion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder where they are cross referencing back to to check the pre-sales code ie how does TM know ho many you've bought via Ticketek and vice versa.

 

This would have been a systems changes nightmare I reckon.

 

Maybe the ticket limit was initially set to 8 as that's what it is for GPub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey hey!

So very exciting about U2 coming VERY SOON!!!

 

There's a petition on facebook to try and bring them to Christchurch, NZ

Numbers are increasing rapidly as The Press and radio stations have been talking about it :D

 

Please 'like' the FB page and spread the word!

http://www.facebook.com/p.../141934099177920?ref=ts#!/pages/Bring-U2-and-Jay-Z-to-Christchurch-in-Nov-2010/141934099177920?ref=mf

 

FB search: [bring U2 and Jay-Z to Christchurch]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question, im in Melb and purchased tix for Syd show but GA tix are not able to be posted and collection only was available. Would I be able to pick up the tix at the Melb Box office or as its a Syd show would it have to be done up there? I would much prefer to have the tickets before making the trip up for peace of mind. Cheers!

Historically yes. You can pick up any australian tickets from any ticketek or ticketmaster outlet. 

This was not true for an australian who had bought NZ tickets. 

But I simply rang ticketmaster in NZ and they were happy to mail them. Not sure if ticketek is the same this time around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as long as you've not exceeded the 4 tix limit per code regardless of city, I would think thats okay but agree that anyone exceeding 4 tix limit should be "looked" at in more detail ;)
Unless it was an honest mistake trying to buy two lots of tickets on different codes and one didn't work so you swapped them around and then got confused about which one you had already used or not (as they were hidden by dots) - as stated earlier by someone - and in this case people should be given the option to surrender an unused code rather than punishing them for their confusion.

 

I honestly think that errors down to the systems inability to cater for the rules are not the fault of the person making the purchase.


There is this thing called honesty - Baja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:


one_bad_lemon']as long as you've not exceeded the 4 tix limit per code regardless of city, I would think thats okay but agree that anyone exceeding 4 tix limit should be "looked" at in more detail
;)

Unless it was an honest mistake trying to buy two lots of tickets on different codes and one didn't work so you swapped them around and then got confused about which one you had already used or not as they were hidden by dots - as stated earlier by someone.

 

I honestly think that errors down to the systems inability to cater for the rules are not the fault of the person making the purchase.

 

I agree... unless it's obvious that the person was abusing the system.. !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question, im in Melb and purchased tix for Syd show but GA tix are not able to be posted and collection only was available. Would I be able to pick up the tix at the Melb Box office or as its a Syd show would it have to be done up there? I would much prefer to have the tickets before making the trip up for peace of mind. Cheers!
I had the same thing for another concert.   Just give them a call and they can organise to send them rather than pick them up if that's easier.

Oh and see you all in Brisbane in RZ1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='MrEs wrote:


Nniixx wrote:

one_bad_lemon']as long as you've not exceeded the 4 tix limit per code regardless of city, I would think thats okay but agree that anyone exceeding 4 tix limit should be "looked" at in more detail
;)

Unless it was an honest mistake trying to buy two lots of tickets on different codes and one didn't work so you swapped them around and then got confused about which one you had already used or not as they were hidden by dots - as stated earlier by someone.

 

I honestly think that errors down to the systems inability to cater for the rules are not the fault of the person making the purchase.

 

I agree... unless it's obvious that the person was abusing the system.. !

 

Yeah like if someone manage to get 20 tickets ie 4 for each show.

 

The other thing I was going to say is that given people's changing identities today it does make you wonder if it's been possible to see other people's codes or personal information. That would open up a whole new can of worms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

happy.gifI got mine surprisingly easy for the Brisbane show.  Been a fan for decades but never was able to make it to a show...until now.  Cant wait. 

 

Brisbane - Red Zone...here we come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other thing I was going to say is that given people's changing identities today it does make you wonder if it's been possible to see other people's codes or personal information. That would open up a whole new can of worms.

The problem only relates to the 'Community Pages' I think so I don't think you could access the codes. Besides the abuse would be easy enough to spot, and boom!

 

Codes are safe - Baja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:


Kayp29 wrote:

benbabao']code can be used more than once? what??? this is crap!!!

 

it said on the faq you could only use your code ONCE!!!! i just had to fork out for four brisbane tickets now looking to trade!! WHAT THE HELL!?!?!


Chill, we will be auditing the system and canceling tickets and memberships of those cheats - Baja

 

So I wanted three tix for Brisbane (2 seated & 1GA) and the Ticketek site wouldn't let me have a mixture of tickets. So I completed the seated ticket order & then did a separate one for the 1x GA ticket. In my haste I just pasted the same code previously used. I do have a second unused code that I'm more than willing to have applied for the GA order. I've got awesome seated tickets and I don't want them cancelled. Please help.
Looks like some Post Ticket Stress Disorder is setting in !! And not just with me.

 

That would be a yes!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='Lemonhead wrote:


Nniixx']The other thing I was going to say is that given people's changing identities today it does make you wonder if it's been possible to see other people's codes or personal information. That would open up a whole new can of worms.

The problem only relates to the 'Community Pages' I think so I don't think you could access the codes. Besides the abuse would be easy enough to spot, and boom!

 

Codes are safe - Baja

Thanks Baja - any idea when they get marked as expired or used or whatever they end up as. It would sort of be confirmation that I"ve used them for ticket purchses correctly. If you get what I mean - sort of like a sanity check and stop me worrying so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='Lemonhead wrote:


Nniixx']The other thing I was going to say is that given people's changing identities today it does make you wonder if it's been possible to see other people's codes or personal information. That would open up a whole new can of worms.

The problem only relates to the 'Community Pages' I think so I don't think you could access the codes. Besides the abuse would be easy enough to spot, and boom!

 

Codes are safe - Baja

Yea this would make a lot of sense as they look like two quite disjointed systems =)

(I work in IT)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Baja - any idea when they get marked as expired or used or whatever they end up as. It would sort of be confirmation that I"ve used them for ticket purchses correctly. If you get what I mean - sort of like a sanity check and stop me worrying so much.

 

2A2YOUR CODE in your Tour home page. Can't remember how long it takes though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='MrEs wrote:


Lemonhead wrote:

Nniixx']The other thing I was going to say is that given people's changing identities today it does make you wonder if it's been possible to see other people's codes or personal information. That would open up a whole new can of worms.

The problem only relates to the 'Community Pages' I think so I don't think you could access the codes. Besides the abuse would be easy enough to spot, and boom!

 

Codes are safe - Baja

Yea this would make a lot of sense as they look like two quite disjointed systems =)

(I work in IT)

 

Yeah so do I  and this whole pre-sale was probably handed to the Ticketek and TM IT guys and told to have it up and running by today.And then someone said
Oh and by the way it has to stagger based on groups and codes can only be used to buy 4 tickets in one transaction for 1 concert we think or is it based on North America ?
And all the requirements were not fleshed out and a half ar$ed ticketing system was used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='Lemonhead wrote:


Nniixx']Thanks Baja - any idea when they get marked as expired or used or whatever they end up as. It would sort of be confirmation that I"ve used them for ticket purchses correctly. If you get what I mean - sort of like a sanity check and stop me worrying so much.

 

2A2YOUR CODE in your Tour home page. Can't remember how long it takes though.

Does that mean it gets a line through it - sorry obvious but not.

 

Also would that be for both or only the one I bought 4 tickets with ?

 

And if it's the latter how cn I check how many I bought with the second ?

 

I can't believe I'm still asking questions 6 hours after buying the tickets. Back in 2006 I went home and slept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:


Lemonhead wrote:

Nniixx']Thanks Baja - any idea when they get marked as expired or used or whatever they end up as. It would sort of be confirmation that I"ve used them for ticket purchses correctly. If you get what I mean - sort of like a sanity check and stop me worrying so much.

 

2A2YOUR CODE
in your Tour home page. Can't remember how long it takes though.

Does that mean it gets a line through it - sorry obvious but not.

 

Also would that be for both or only the one I bought 4 tickets with ?

 

And if it's the latter how cn I check how many I bought with the second ?

 

I can't believe I'm still asking questions 6 hours after buying the tickets. Back in 2006 I went home and slept.

 

Picture9.png

 

That's if you use both codes of course (if you have two). Can't answer you on the 'how many I bought with each code' though, sorry. Mine were a year apart so I would be a bit daft if I did not know which was which lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='Lemonhead wrote:


Nniixx wrote:

Lemonhead wrote:

Nniixx']Thanks Baja - any idea when they get marked as expired or used or whatever they end up as. It would sort of be confirmation that I"ve used them for ticket purchses correctly. If you get what I mean - sort of like a sanity check and stop me worrying so much.

 

2A2YOUR CODE
in your Tour home page. Can't remember how long it takes though.

Does that mean it gets a line through it - sorry obvious but not.

 

Also would that be for both or only the one I bought 4 tickets with ?

 

And if it's the latter how cn I check how many I bought with the second ?

 

I can't believe I'm still asking questions 6 hours after buying the tickets. Back in 2006 I went home and slept.

 

Picture9.png

 

That's if you use both codes of course (if you have two). Can't answer you on the 'how many I bought with each code' though, sorry. Mine were a year apart so I would be a bit daft if I did not know which was which lol

Thanks. Maybe I should just presume I got it correct and stops stresssing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would hate to think that my tickets would be cancelled because I bought 2 tix in Syd and 1 in Brisbane...3 tickets all up.

 

I hope they are trying to target someone who buys 4 tix each in Sydney, Melb, Perth etc on the same code.

 

No, the rules are clear, 4 tickets for ONE show. So yes, there is a possibility the orders will be canceled- Baja

Baja - can you please clarify the situation if you bought 3 tickets for the ONE show, but did it in two transactions (2 seated tickets and then 1 GA).  I wanted to do this in one transaction (and hence use the same code for a total of 3 tickets), but due to Ticketek's inability to cope with having different categories in the one transaction, I had to do 2 transactions, and yes I used the same code.

 

In some instances the use of the code is described on various threads as being for either ONE show or used ONCE, hence my confusion.  

 

I have seen your response to post #50 in the Presale Problems & Issues thread where you say you've are allowed 4 tickets for one show per code and would like this confirmed

 

PS thanks for your patience with all of these questions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"No, the rules are clear, 4 tickets for ONE show. So yes, there is a possibility the orders will be canceled- Baja"I'm sorry But the rules aren't clear, I have asked the same question over and over again with no reply. Can somebody please just tell me if I can do the following?......Buy 1 ticket for Melbourne, buy 2 tickets for Sydney and then if they announce another Sydney show, use my last ticket for that 1. CAN I DO THIS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...