Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

[quote name='Kayp29 wrote:

bestia']I would hate to think that my tickets would be cancelled because I bought 2 tix in Syd and 1 in Brisbane...3 tickets all up.

I hope they are trying to target someone who buys 4 tix each in Sydney, Melb, Perth etc on the same code.

No, the rules are clear, 4 tickets for ONE show. So yes, there is a possibility the orders will be canceled- Baja

Baja - can you please clarify the situation if you bought 3 tickets for the ONE  show, but did it in two transactions (2 seated tickets and then 1 GA - due to Ticketek's inability to cope with having different categories in the one transaction) and used the same code. 

PS thanks for your patience with all of these questions. 

I'm sorry the rules are not clear particularly when people are debating them for pages...I cannot believe that my purchases of over $1000 may be cancelled....I used the code for 2 tickets for ONE show in Sydney and 1 ticket for  ONE show in Brisbane - 3 tickets TOTAL...I understand that if I bought 4 tickets for ONE show that there is no way I would have gone on to buy more tickets with the same code. Does it say 4 tickets for ONE show in  ONE city only?

By all means if you need to cancel them can you just cancel Brisbane..please dont cancel all.  

"No, the rules are clear, 4 tickets for ONE show. So yes, there is a possibility the orders will be canceled- Baja"I'm sorry But the rules aren't clear, I have asked the same question over and over again with no reply. Can somebody please just tell me if I can do the following?......Buy 1 ticket for Melbourne, buy 2 tickets for Sydney and then if they announce another Sydney show, use my last ticket for that 1. CAN I DO THIS?
I am with you the rules are NOT clear...

the rules for buying in Oz on presales have always been the same - it was the same for the Vertigo tour - nothing changed -

U2360° TOUR 2010 NEW ZEALAND / AUSTRALIA PRE-SALE FAQs

Q - How Many Tickets Can I buy in the NZ/Aus U2360 Tour Presale?

A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR tickets for any ONE show. The code can be used ONCE only against up to four tickets at any one show in NZ or Aus

Okay, the FAQs on TicketMaster site says there's an option to have your non-RZ tickets delivered to your home yet I saw at least 2 posts here that say GA tickets aren't being posted out. I thought this restriction only applies to RZ ones? Is there someone out there who bought GA tickets (Perth) but was able to have them mailed? Do I still have to make arrangements with TM to send my tickets to me? Still have yet to buy my tickets (well, still have yet to be a paid subscriber) and I'm having concern about this.

During the madness I ended up getting 2 tickets in RZ1 and 2 tickets in RZ2 (with different codes I think).

I have just got a call from Ticketmaster.

They have placed all 4 in RZ2 and refunded one transaction fee.

I found that very cool.

the rules for buying in Oz on presales have always been the same - it was the same for the Vertigo tour - nothing changed -

A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR tickets for any ONE show. The code can be used ONCE only against up to four tickets at any one show in NZ or Aus

yes, but does an ONE show translate as only for one VENUE?? do i have to get all four at only sydney for example?

Man I'm over all this talk about who got what for gig #1. Roll on the the second shows!  My codes are burning a hole in my LCD.smokin.gif

The rules are clear. as clear as:

Looks like Batman after a night out on the piss!

But really, was it that confusing?

1 code for 1 transaction of up to 4 tickets (of the same type) on a single CC. It was all in the FAQ.

Pretty self explanitory.

Anyways, hope your confusion subsides, and you just start enjoying the idea we're going to see U2!

The rules are clear. as clear as:

Looks like Batman after a night out on the piss!

But really, was it that confusing?

1 code for 1 transaction of up to 4 tickets (of the same type) on a single CC. It was all in the FAQ.

Pretty self explanitory.

Anyways, hope your confusion subsides, and you just start enjoying the idea we're going to see U2!

I understand that we can only buy 4 tickets for any one show per the rules. Does it matter that I bought tickets in diff categories i.e 2 redzone and 2 seated. The only reason I did this was because the system didn't allow me to buy 4 redzone tickets so I went for the next best thing. I would be very upset if any of my tickets got cancelled, especially as it was a system problem (as confirmed by several earlier posts). Can anyone provide clarification?

To the admin and moderators: Thanks for being patient and dealing with the million and 1 queries. - Good job

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

Leonie']the rules for buying in Oz on presales have always been the same - it was the same for the Vertigo tour - nothing changed -

yes, but does an ONE show translate as only for one VENUE?? do i have to get all four at only sydney for example?

yes that is right - you can only buy up to 4 tix for for Sydney, up to 4 tix for Melbourne and so on with the one presale code

you cannot buy 1 for Melbourne, 1 for Sydney, 1 for Perth using the same presale code - that is what Baja was saying that if you have done that then the likilehood of them being cancelled is very high

Look I'd been through the US presales OK. But the FAQs were so full of noise, thrown together with question after question here getting answered in different ways. red Zone is an auction. Oh, no it's not. Presales will be staggered by group - oh, hang on, no they won't. 

I got the tickets I wanted. But I read these boards. 

Plenty are members who choose not to read the forums or wrestle with a site that is up and down faster than a $2 hooker's undies. 

They were waiting for emails that came 36 mins after the presale. 

This was not done well at all. 

U2.com, livenation, ticketmaster and ticketek will all point the finger at each other, but the site itself made it so awkward that can you see why 50 pages plus on there are people who are still confused, and worried that their tickets are going to be cancelled because there were multiple presale codes, 5 groups of membership, seemingly different rules for each ticket seller?

Cancelling tickets is a cop out, if they had set the system up in the first place so the codes ALLOWED you to only buy your entitlement, then there would be no discussion. Instead the system was setup between TM, Ticketek, Livenation and U2.com so poorly that once in the heat of a presale no one had a fucking clue what was going on, which code they had used for what, why they only got 2 red zones instead of 4...

Clear huh?

Look I'd been through the US presales OK. But the FAQs were so full of noise, thrown together with question after question here getting answered in different ways. red Zone is an auction. Oh, no it's not. Presales will be staggered by group - oh, hang on, no they won't. 

Plenty are members who choose not to read the forums or wrestle with a site that is up and down faster than a $2 hooker's undies. 

U2.com, livenation, ticketmaster and ticketek will all point the finger at each other, but the site itself made it so awkward that can you see why 50 pages plus on there are people who are still confused, and worried that their tickets are going to be cancelled because there were multiple presale codes, 5 groups of membership, seemingly different rules for each ticket seller?

Cancelling tickets is a cop out, if they had set the system up in the first place so the codes ALLOWED you to only buy your entitlement, then there would be no discussion. Instead the system was setup between TM, Ticketek, Livenation and U2.com so poorly that once in the heat of a presale no one had a fucking clue what was going on, which code they had used for what, why they only got 2 red zones instead of 4...

Clear huh?
I would imagine that if you spent the $50 to join this place for the presale, that doing 10 mins research ie reading the FAQ/checking the boards, would be a good idea before getting to the ticket on-sale time without questions remaining unanswered

Maybe that's just me.....

Clear huh?
I would imagine that if you spent the $50 to join this place for the presale, that doing 10 mins research ie reading the FAQ/checking the boards, would be a good idea before getting to the ticket on-sale time without questions remaining unanswered

[quote name='Leonie wrote:

xtraspicy62 wrote:

Leonie']the rules for buying in Oz on presales have always been the same - it was the same for the Vertigo tour - nothing changed -

yes that is right - you can only buy up to 4 tix for for Sydney, up to 4 tix for Melbourne and so on with the one presale code

you cannot buy 1 for Melbourne, 1 for Sydney, 1 for Perth using the same presale code - that is what Baja was saying that if you have done that then the likilehood of them being cancelled is very highthanks leonie!! its the wording thats confusing, but you cleared it up....too bad though, i can only go to one venue!!

it would be nice to travel around australia just like we can for north america.....one venue is sad!!!

I'm gonna keep asking this until I get a clear answer.....

Can somebody please just tell me if I can do the following?...... Buy 1 ticket for Melbourne, buy 2 tickets for Sydney and then if they announce another Sydney show, use my last ticket for that 1. CAN I DO THIS?

NO - Baja

well you guys in the states were lucky that you could do it that way and it sucks that the rest of the world cant, doesnt make a whole lot of sense in having 2 or 3 codes when you can only use the one - but we were organised and we each used a code to buy for each concert in the presale so we are all sorted - 4 in melbourne, 4 in sydney, 4 in brisbane and 4 in perth - using one code only for each show - but am i happy little vegemite tonight that is for sure

Can somebody please just tell me if I can do the following?...... Buy 1 ticket for Melbourne, buy 2 tickets for Sydney and then if they announce another Sydney show, use my last ticket for that 1. CAN I DO THIS?

if you are asking if you can do that on the one presale code then the answer is NO clear enough now

leonie just answered that question above...see post #849

see #849 post for the answer by leonie above

[quote name='bestia wrote:

Kayp29 wrote:

bestia']I would hate to think that my tickets would be cancelled because I bought 2 tix in Syd and 1 in Brisbane...3 tickets all up.

I hope they are trying to target someone who buys 4 tix each in Sydney, Melb, Perth etc on the same code.

No, the rules are clear, 4 tickets for ONE show. So yes, there is a possibility the orders will be canceled- Baja

Baja - can you please clarify the situation if you bought 3 tickets for the ONE  show, but did it in two transactions (2 seated tickets and then 1 GA - due to Ticketek's inability to cope with having different categories in the one transaction) and used the same code. 

PS thanks for your patience with all of these questions. 

I'm sorry the rules are not clear particularly when people are debating them for pages...I cannot believe that my purchases of over $1000 may be cancelled....I used the code for 2 tickets for ONE show in Sydney and 1 ticket for  ONE show in Brisbane - 3 tickets TOTAL...I understand that if I bought 4 tickets for ONE show that there is no way I would have gone on to buy more tickets with the same code. Does it say 4 tickets for ONE show in  ONE city only?

By all means if you need to cancel them can you just cancel Brisbane..please dont cancel all.  

Sorry I see the rules as being very clear, one code four tickets one show.

"No, the rules are clear, 4 tickets for ONE show. So yes, there is a possibility the orders will be canceled- Baja"I'm sorry But the rules aren't clear, I have asked the same question over and over again with no reply. Can somebody please just tell me if I can do the following?......Buy 1 ticket for Melbourne, buy 2 tickets for Sydney and then if they announce another Sydney show, use my last ticket for that 1. CAN I DO THIS?
No

In the Australia and NZ presales 1 code may only be used for 1 show, whether that be 1, 2, 3 or 4 tickets. You may not use partially used codes on further shows, at the same venue or otherwise.

OK OK - now I am confused. Previously happy - logged on to read everyone's happy stories, but am now a little puzzled.

We had 2 codes.

When I looked at the ticket website yesterday it said 4 tickets per city for the presale code - 8 tickets per person for the general sale. We needed more for our family, so had expected to try our luck for the rest next week. We bought our first 4 tickets (GA).

Then half an hour after the presale started we got the email that said our presale codes would allow:

"FOUR TICKETS for any ONE show in a single transaction." and then down a paragraph later offered us a new subscription with a code that would allow '4 additional tickets'.

So we felt sheepish, that we had misunderstood and logged on and were lucky enough to get our 4 other tickets. Called everyone - stoked that we now all had our tickets. (Thus forever escaping the ribbing I get to subscribing to this site - LOL)

In short - 2 codes, 2 transactions. 8 happy people. One Summer night in Sydney.

Could I please get a definitive answer on this question:

Am I now at risk of having 4 of my tickets cancelled?

[quote name='mick james wrote:

bluehammer']Look I'd been through the US presales OK. But the FAQs were so full of noise, thrown together with question after question here getting answered in different ways. red Zone is an auction. Oh, no it's not. Presales will be staggered by group - oh, hang on, no they won't. 

Clear huh?

Its not just you Mick. I joined on Monday, and have spent quite a bit of time trawling these boards, FAQs and ticketek to try and get my head around the whole thing. Hopefully nothing will change between now and Monday lunchtime and I'll get the tickets that I paid to have a chance at getting before the public onsale.

From what I've seen the mods have done a great job. My only criticism is that in some instances they have answered a question by editing the post. Which is great in theory, and saves the post count in a thread, but means that everyone has to keep trawling through the thread to see what has changed. I'm more used to just picking up on a thread where I left off - but if that's how its done around here then I'm down with that.