Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

eek.gifJust a quickie - and I know this will sound strange as why would I be complaining that the $$$ is still in my bank account - but Ticketek haven't debited my credit card as yet. Nor do I have my confirmation email. Anyone else in the same boat?

I have kept my 'confirmation screen' - printed it out but was just wondering........

eek.gifJust a quickie - and I know this will sound strange as why would I be complaining that the $$$ is still in my bank account - but Ticketek haven't debited my credit card as yet. Nor do I have my confirmation email. Anyone else in the same boat?

I have kept my 'confirmation screen' - printed it out but was just wondering........

Like someone said in the good old days in the 80s and 90s, you'd hand over the cash, get your tickets and go home satisfied to sleep for two days and deal with the physical pain of a concrete bed for the nights before. Too easy. I think I need something tangible in my hands.happy.gif

We had 2 codes.

When I looked at the ticket website yesterday it said 4 tickets per city for the presale code - 8 tickets per person for the general sale. We needed more for our family, so had expected to try our luck for the rest next week. We bought our first 4 tickets (GA).

Then half an hour after the presale started we got the email that said our presale codes would allow:

"FOUR TICKETS for any ONE show in a single transaction." and then down a paragraph later offered us a new subscription with a code that would allow '4 additional tickets'.

So we felt sheepish, that we had misunderstood and logged on and were lucky enough to get our 4 other tickets. Called everyone - stoked that we now all had our tickets. (Thus forever escaping the ribbing I get to subscribing to this site - LOL)

In short - 2 codes, 2 transactions. 8 happy people. One Summer night in Sydney.

Could I please get a definitive answer on this question:

Am I now at risk of having 4 of my tickets cancelled?

From the FAQ: Q - How Many Tickets Can I buy in the NZ/Aus U2360 Tour Presale?

A - As a paid-up U2 subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR tickets for any ONE show. The code can be used ONCE only against up to four tickets at any one show in NZ or Aus.

So, EACH code may be used for four tickets at any one show. You're all good. My confidence is high as I have used two codes to buy six tickets (four + two) for the NZ show.

Well I have to say that this is very dissapointing. Why on earth would U2 wanna make their fans only buy tickets to 1 show? Sounds ridiculous to me.I have a major problem here cause I live in Sydney, But I am unable to go to the show on the 13th, so I'm hoping they announce more shows and then I will be able to use my code, or will I? I've paid and joined up U2.com to get access to the pre sale, but due to my situation what am I supposed to do now? I can't believe this.

thanks for all your post i did not have any trouble in gettin tix but the only concern i have is i have been a subscriber for u2 for well since i can remember but unfortunately i have not paid up untill this week, and i am in the uk i was actually put in the magnificent category but i am thinking that i was put there because i have been a subscriber for yrs and yrs but not a paid subscriber could that be the reason????????????? hey i aint complaining about and i thought the FAQs were pretty well explanitory really.......... so thanks for all posts

I still haven't received my presale information email tongue.gif - Relied on my past experience in Europe, the FAQs and the admin/moderators and info on this board.

Again, feel that the NZ/AUS presales were too rushed.

Hope everything ends well with my tickets - slightly worried as I had to go in twice to make my purchases - but I've complied with the 4 tickets to one show rule, so will kick up a hissy fit if any tickets are cancelled.

It's also my understanding that if you have 2 codes then you can buy up to 4 tickets for any one show - so if anyone has done this you should be ok.

goodness its just getting more and more confusing as day goes on..

in summary, it seems the definitive answer is, per example below, be it 1 or 2 codes you have -

1 CODE = 4 tix ONLY for ONE show (i.e. venue/city)

e.g. 4 tix PERTH

2 CODE = 4 tix ONLY for ONE show (i.e. venue/city)

e.g. 4 tix MELBOURNE

it would seem as TM and ticketec did not allow for selecting mix of tix in the ONE transaction, it would seem that you would need to have gone in TWICE, hence 2 transactions have been made using SAME CODE, however as long as you ONLY have ordered all up the 4 tix limit and ONLY have selected all for the ONE show (venue/city) that should be okay

that's what was explained by TM however don't shoot the messenger - moi! as I still am not sure and do not want to risk my 2 RZ Perth although I need 2 Perth seats and this SAME CODE should be allowed to be used to makeup my 4 tix in total for same show (venue/city)

*sigh*

[quote name='mick james wrote:

bluehammer']Look I'd been through the US presales OK. But the FAQs were so full of noise, thrown together with question after question here getting answered in different ways. red Zone is an auction. Oh, no it's not. Presales will be staggered by group - oh, hang on, no they won't. 

I got the tickets I wanted. But I read these boards. 

Plenty are members who choose not to read the forums or wrestle with a site that is up and down faster than a $2 hooker's undies. 

They were waiting for emails that came 36 mins after the presale. 

This was not done well at all. 

U2.com, livenation, ticketmaster and ticketek will all point the finger at each other, but the site itself made it so awkward that can you see why 50 pages plus on there are people who are still confused, and worried that their tickets are going to be cancelled because there were multiple presale codes, 5 groups of membership, seemingly different rules for each ticket seller?

Cancelling tickets is a cop out, if they had set the system up in the first place so the codes ALLOWED you to only buy your entitlement, then there would be no discussion. Instead the system was setup between TM, Ticketek, Livenation and U2.com so poorly that once in the heat of a presale no one had a fucking clue what was going on, which code they had used for what, why they only got 2 red zones instead of 4...

Clear huh?

I would imagine that if you spent the $50 to join this place for the presale, that doing 10 mins research ie reading the FAQ/checking the boards, would be a good idea before getting to the ticket on-sale time without questions remaining unanswered

Maybe that's just me.....

If this stuff was all sorted weeks out from the pre sale, then yes. you have a point that i agree with. 

We had a situation here where details were still not confirmed in some cases until after the presale. 

That's confusing. 

Or maybe that's just me. 

Well I have to say that this is very dissapointing. Why on earth would U2 wanna make their fans only buy tickets to 1 show? Sounds ridiculous to me.I have a major problem here cause I live in Sydney, But I am unable to go to the show on the 13th, so I'm hoping they announce more shows and then I will be able to use my code, or will I? I've paid and joined up U2.com to get access to the pre sale, but due to my situation what am I supposed to do now? I can't believe this.
If I understand correctly you've already bought 3 tickets for shows in other cities and you want to use the code again for a 4th ticket in a second show (if there is one) in Sydney? You can't, and it has never been said that this would be possible. In the USA this would be possible but in Europe it isn't (the two cases that would have appeared in the FAQ before the NZ/AUS rules appeared). 

If you've assumed you would without reading the FAQ (which has been updated for a few days now) and/or reading the forum (which admittedly is way to long to be useful unless you spend some time going through it) then that's unfortunate, but the rules were there. 

Well I just had a very interesting conversation with TICKETEK...the girl I spoke to assured me 100% that the fan club members were entitled to 4 tickets per city per member ie: 4 for sydney, 4 for Melb, etc. she checked with her supervisor who confirmed also

Per the purchase website:

U2 FAN CLUB

Pre-sale starts : Thu 26 Aug, 11am

Pre-sale ends* : Mon 30 Aug, noon

General public on sale : Fri 3 Sep, 9am

A pre-sale is an opportunity to secure tickets prior to the General Public, not a preferential seating service.

A selection of seating throughout the venue is made available for pre-sales.

*Or until pre-sale allocation is sold out.

On sale times are quoted in local time.

TICKET LIMIT: 4 ticket per city per member.

This was posted on the purchase page!!!

Pretty clear to me that I was entitled to buy 2 for Sydney and 1 for Brisbane

And people wondering why this is confusing!!!

Well I just had a very interesting conversation with TICKETEK...the girl I spoke to assured me 100% that the fan club members were entitled to 4 tickets per city per member ie: 4 for sydney, 4 for Melb, etc. she checked with her supervisor who confirmed also

U2 FAN CLUB

A pre-sale is an opportunity to secure tickets prior to the General Public, not a preferential seating service.

See? Clear. 

good pickup Bestia. 

im in the uk im just wondering if the lads will give me a lift in their nice 360 jet to australia cos im not far from them atm and i need a lift to aus..... possibilty do u think?????????????? hahahahaha

oh and thanks for all the posts on here been a great help!!!!!!!!!

got my tix woop woop now bring on dec

[quote name='bsd1 wrote:

dfunk257']Well I have to say that this is very dissapointing. Why on earth would U2 wanna make their fans only buy tickets to 1 show? Sounds ridiculous to me.I have a major problem here cause I live in Sydney, But I am unable to go to the show on the 13th, so I'm hoping they announce more shows and then I will be able to use my code, or will I? I've paid and joined up U2.com to get access to the pre sale, but due to my situation what am I supposed to do now? I can't believe this.

If I understand correctly you've already bought 3 tickets for shows in other cities and you want to use the code again for a 4th ticket in a second show (if there is one) in Sydney? You can't, and it has never been said that this would be possible. In the USA this would be possible but in Europe it isn't (the two cases that would have appeared in the FAQ before the NZ/AUS rules appeared). 

If you've assumed you would without reading the FAQ (which has been updated for a few days now) and/or reading the forum (which admittedly is way to long to be useful unless you spend some time going through it) then that's unfortunate, but the rules were there. 

I haven't bought any tickets yet because I can't go to the Sydney show on the 13th that's why I don't know what to do, whether I should buy tickets fof Melbourne or wait and see if any more shows are announced. I read everything before I signed up but the rule on tickets wasbnever clear enough for me, I assumed u could buy 4 tickets maximum for each subscription, and that there would not bd a rule saying you can only buy 4 tickets fof just 1 show. Im sorry but alot of people have been confused about this not just me, they way it has been written is not clear. Anyway, I need to know 1 more very important thing. IF MORE SHOWS ARE ANNOUNCED, WILL THERE BE ANOTHER U2.COM PRE SALE?

U2 FAN CLUB

That's what we thought - and the email from U2.com contradicted that and implied that it was per code - not per member. 

I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy over tickets! haha 

Oh well. Fingers crossed. Hopefully we will know before next Friday. 

But awesome to hear the happy stories - especially the people who could manage the [RED] zone. You guys are gonna have a wicked night! :) 

Oh and what use is the email when it arrives 33mins after the presale starts.

I ve been a member ages and had 2 codes. 4 of us wanted Red zone, 4 wanted seating. 8 in total and 4 per code. ticketmaster wouldnt allow this as different seating types cant be mixed on a transaction, and they only allowed 2 red per transaction. that meant i could either only buy 4 red zone, or 2 red and 4 seats, or 8 seats. what do you do? all of this became apparent an hour before the release, there was a note on the presale board that it was trying to get sorted.

pretty disheartened to think now that the conflict between rules and poor management might take tickets off me.

heres hoping

Well, in the defence of web geeks everywhere large batch emails like that can take hours to process, especially on a database as large as the U2.com one. 

We used to have a database of 100,000 people and when we did a targeted mail out it could take around 2 hours. So many people could have received their email a few hours or even the night before. 

Batch email and SMS are tricky things - and often have to be 'approved' by ISP spam filters and the like. 

ok just to clarify something i didnt see anything in the FAQs i have 2 codes i bought 3 tix for melb for me but unfort i couldnt buy another 4 due to lack of $$$$ but my brother used the other code is there a chace of my tix being cancelled all together all tix for the melb show? can someone answer for me?

U2.com, livenation, ticketmaster and ticketek will all point the finger at each other, but the site itself made it so awkward that can you see why 50 pages plus on there are people who are still confused, and worried that their tickets are going to be cancelled because there were multiple presale codes, 5 groups of membership, seemingly different rules for each ticket seller?

Cancelling tickets is a cop out, if they had set the system up in the first place so the codes ALLOWED you to only buy your entitlement, then there would be no discussion. Instead the system was setup between TM, Ticketek, Livenation and U2.com so poorly that once in the heat of a presale no one had a fucking clue what was going on, which code they had used for what, why they only got 2 red zones instead of 4...

Clear huh?
You've hit the nail on the head there. The system didn't stop people from making 'mistakes', you can't then punish them for making them so either accept the situation, which hopefully now has been rectified, or MUST give them the opportunity to rectify it by surrendering another code or something.

I'm now feeling I should ring Ticketek to se what code I used for which tickets, which is a piss poor thing to have to do because of someone else's stuff up.

[quote name='bsd1 wrote:

Adam and Nat']...

We had 2 codes.

When I looked at the ticket website yesterday it said 4 tickets per city for the presale code - 8 tickets per person for the general sale. We needed more for our family, so had expected to try our luck for the rest next week. We bought our first 4 tickets (GA).

Then half an hour after the presale started we got the email that said our presale codes would allow:

"FOUR TICKETS for any ONE show in a single transaction." and then down a paragraph later offered us a new subscription with a code that would allow '4 additional tickets'.

So we felt sheepish, that we had misunderstood and logged on and were lucky enough to get our 4 other tickets. Called everyone - stoked that we now all had our tickets. (Thus forever escaping the ribbing I get to subscribing to this site - LOL)

A - As a paid-up U2 subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR tickets for any ONE show. The code can be used ONCE only against up to four tickets at any one show in NZ or Aus.

So, EACH code may be used for four tickets at any one show. You're all good. My confidence is high as I have used two codes to buy six tickets (four + two) for the NZ show.

I had the same concern so I asked the question in the Presale Issues message board - this is the post and response i got (post 49 if you wanna look it up)

"Just a quick question to clear something up for me (note i have checked other threads and read the FAQs). I have two codes. I have purchased 4 tickets for Auckland using one code.

Am I able to purchase 4 more tickets for auckland with the second code? I know the FAQ says this "As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR tickets for any ONE show. The code can be used ONCE only against up to four tickets at any one show in NZ or Aus. "

I apologise if this was asked elsewhere - i have cheacked elsewhere but could not see a definative answer, and would like some clarification.

Cheers

Yes, but I would use a different credit card to be safe - BAja"

So it is clear from that answer if you have two presale codes you may purchase 4 tickets on each code for a single show.

The confusion comes from the ambiguos and  poorly worded FAQ answer.  No wonder there is 20 pages of confused questions.  BTW the mods have done a great job in trying to clarify matters.

[quote name='bsd1 wrote:

Adam and Nat']...

We had 2 codes.

I had the same concern so I asked the question in the Presale Issues message board - this is the post and response i got (post 49 if you wanna look it up)

"Just a quick question to clear something up for me (note i have checked other threads and read the FAQs). I have two codes. I have purchased 4 tickets for Auckland using one code.

Am I able to purchase 4 more tickets for auckland with the second code? I know the FAQ says this "As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR tickets for any ONE show. The code can be used ONCE only against up to four tickets at any one show in NZ or Aus. "

I apologise if this was asked elsewhere - i have cheacked elsewhere but could not see a definative answer, and would like some clarification.

Cheers

Yes, but I would use a different credit card to be safe - BAja"

So it is clear from that answer if you have two presale codes you may purchase 4 tickets on each code for a single show.

The confusion comes from the ambiguos and  poorly worded FAQ answer.  No wonder there is 20 pages of confused questions.  BTW the mods have done a great job in trying to clarify matters.

FAQS states -

code to be used ONCE only, ONE code per transaction, up to 4 tix limit

what if you bought only 2 tix say first up, can you go back and use this same code and buy 2 more to make up the 4 limit per code

it wouldnt let me choose the mix neither, hence went for RZ only x2

very confusing!

but I'd rather be safe than sorry so won't try don't think and instead go via public sale

exactly what i did.....missed out on rz2 though....jeez they must have gone quick!!!!