Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

If there are more concerts announced in Melb upon sell out will we have the chance to use Presale before the general public?

If there are more concerts announced in Melb upon sell out will we have the chance to use Presale before the general public?

Would anybody say that there will be red zone tickets available for the second pre sale? just based on your experience?  If someone has a presale code for today, I'll invite them the other red zone ;)

First hints of a 2nd Sydney show....

Was just checking out accommodation near the venue at a cheapie (formula1) and the usual rate is $69 a night, but it jumps to $219 a night on the 13th AND the 14th of december.....

so maybe a 2nd show on the 14th??

:)

would be nice to have just ONE OFFICIAL FINAL WORD on this from say BAJA/U2com (especially if TM and ticketec have confirmed its allowable to reuse your code but only to makeup your 4 TIX entitlement for the ONE show(venue/city) per code/member due to not being able to select a mix of seats/GA in the 1 transaction thus the need to do 2 transactions to complete what we wanted for that same show(venue/city) - totalling 4 tix limit for that same code

I think they didnt allow for the ticketing agencies system of only one type of tix at a time and the fact that members may want to mix their tix and not get just 4 GA tix, for example, 2 GA and 2 Res Seats, thus requiring 2 transactions and reusing same code would make sense to complete the 4 tix limit

and hopefully that should satisfy all (or most!)

I am not doing anything further until I see it HERE! LOL :)

I think alot of the confusion is due to the fact that Ticketek and Ticketmaster are different with respect to their ticket numbers:

Ticketmaster: Perth & Melbourne:

Please note: There is a limit of 4 tickets per transaction

Ticketek: Sydney & Brisbane

TICKET LIMIT: 4 ticket per city per member -so you can buy 4 for Brisbane and 4 for Sydney - confirmed by Ticketek.

Was just checking out accommodation near the venue at a cheapie (formula1) and the usual rate is $69 a night, but it jumps to $219 a night on the 13th AND the 14th of december.....

2nd Show 14th for Sydney yes. 

2nd show 3rd Dec for Melbourne. 

2nd show 26th Nov for Auckland. 

Additional dates held as well but IMO these are the most likely. 

Some of us booked accommodation when the dates leaked... nerd.gif

[quote name='bluehammer wrote:

Marieka']First hints of a 2nd Sydney show....

Is this confirmed? How did it get leaked?

I think alot of the confusion is due to the fact that Ticketek and Ticketmaster are different with respect to their ticket numbers:

TICKET LIMIT: 4 ticket per city per member -so you can buy 4 for Brisbane and 4 for Sydney - confirmed by Ticketek.

Hmmm yes. very clear. tongue.gif

[quote name='dfunk257 wrote:

bluehammer wrote:

Some of us booked accommodation when the dates leaked... 
nerd.gif

Is this confirmed? How did it get leaked?

Well it won't be 'confirmed' until the dates are posted on a site like atu2.com (naturally the dates will be posted on u2.com months later). 

But the bookings are held at the stadiums, this much I do know, and these dates came as part of the same leak that contained the original dates that were confirmed 4 days later. 

When I said other dates held i meant for Brisbane and Perth and a 3rd show for Melbourne.

So make of that what you will. 

I booked accommodation. Costs you nothing to hold them. 

bestia']I think alot of the confusion is due to the fact that Ticketek and Ticketmaster are different with respect to their ticket numbers:

TICKET LIMIT: 4 ticket per city per member
-so you can buy 4 for Brisbane and 4 for Sydney - confirmed by Ticketek.

Hmmm yes. very clear. tongue.gif

Although does 4 tickets per transaction mean you can buy 8 tickets in 2 transactions...hahaha!!!roll.gif

"But the bookings are held at the stadiums, this much I do know"

How do u know this for sure? Do you know sum1? Cause my cousin works at ANZ Stadium in Sydney and he hasnt told me anything about other dates even though i told him to as soon as he knows.

Do you know if there willb a 3rd Sydney show? Or whether or not u2.com will have a pre sale again for these extra shows?

ok the motel is abit of a mark up but if you sand to loose nothing for booking count me in too.can somebody please teel me how you got up formula one december booking as i can only get oct if any body could help it would be very appericated

How do u know this for sure? Do you know sum1? Cause my cousin works at ANZ Stadium in Sydney and he hasnt told me anything about other dates even though i told him to as soon as he knows.

Do you know if there willb a 3rd Sydney show? Or whether or not u2.com will have a pre sale again for these extra shows?

Word on the street (hi AG!!) is that they're a second Sydney show on the 14th.

Considering they did 3 at ANZ last tour, I'd say it's a pretty safe assumption!

dont count on having another presale for any other dates it has never happened here in Oz before and yes there are other dates scheduled but obviously they are not going to officially announce them - they have to wait to ensure these first shows are sold out - so you probably wont know if there are going to be other dates until after the general sale start on the 3rd September depending on how quickly they sell

they put their prices up last Friday night - you should see the prices for the other couple of hotels on site - its criminal

[quote name='mick james wrote:

dfunk257']"But the bookings are held at the stadiums, this much I do know"

ok so im guessing you obviosly know sum1 who has very good connections then?

really i cant see them NOt doing more shows, they would not come all the way down under just to play a few shows, judging on previous tours and how the dates are set out there really should be 3 shows in both Sydney and Melbourne. All i wanna know now is whether or not there will b a u2.com pre sale for these extra shows or else i am pretty much screwed!!!

Any idea if there might be a 2nd show for Brisbane as well?  I can't goto the inter-state ones so would be great if I could see them twice locally instead.

[quote name='RockyU2 wrote:

bluehammer wrote:

nerd.gif

Any idea if there might be a 2nd show for Brisbane as well?  I can't goto the inter-state ones so would be great if I could see them twice locally instead.

Yeah I think Dec 9 is a go

ok so how are we going to know if our tickets have been cancelled?????? will we get an email im just a bit worried as i have used 2 diff credit cards and 2 diff ticketmaster accounts so im a bit woried after reading this and also others

dont count on having another presale for any other dates it has never happened here in Oz before and yes there are other dates scheduled but obviously they are not going to officially announce them - they have to wait to ensure these first shows are sold out - so you probably wont know if there are going to be other dates until after the general sale start on the 3rd September depending on how quickly they sell

Im not counting on it but cause of my situation it would help alot to know whehter or not there will be a pre sale again or not. if there isnt then i think its abit of a joke but anyway. its normal for these promotors to announce more shows straight after the 1st 1 sells out and as if U2 arent gonna sell out. Im just dissapointed with how u2.com dont allow you to buy 4 tickets to more then 1 show, ive never heard of this before and think its a very unusual and bad idea personally. For me it now looks like i will only be able to buy 1 ticket for melbourne just incase i miss out on the extra show in Sydney. I didnt join U2.com just to get 1 ticket!!! Anyway see what happens.

[quote name='RockyU2 wrote:

bluehammer wrote:

nerd.gif

Auck 25/26 Nov

Mel 1, 3,4 Dec
Bris 8/9th Dec
Syd 13/14th Dec
Perth 18/19th Dec

Are the held dates. Whether they are exercised or not will be down to sales. 

In terms of pre sales for secondary shows, it's been inconsistent. On this tour some shows have had pre sales for #2 shows and some haven't. 

It's the U2.com-random-lottery-spin-the-wheel-every-player-wins-a-prize-where-it-stops-nobody-knows method

Leonie']dont count on having another presale for any other dates it has never happened here in Oz before and yes there are other dates scheduled but obviously they are not going to officially announce them - they have to wait to ensure these first shows are sold out - so you probably wont know if there are going to be other dates until after the general sale start on the 3rd September depending on how quickly they sell

Im not counting on it but cause of my situation it would help alot to know whehter or not there will be a pre sale again or not. if there isnt then i think its abit of a joke but anyway. its normal for these promotors to announce more shows straight after the 1st 1 sells out and as if U2 arent gonna sell out. Im just dissapointed with how u2.com dont allow you to buy 4 tickets to more then 1 show, ive never heard of this before and think its a very unusual and bad idea personally. For me it now looks like i will only be able to buy 1 ticket for melbourne just incase i miss out on the extra show in Sydney. I didnt join U2.com just to get 1 ticket!!! Anyway see what happens.

Seriously, just get tickets for any show and swap em on here, atu2.com or u2fanz.com or any of the facebook groups. 

For Vertigo none of the additional shows were put on sale as soon as the first show sold out as you described. They were announced separately but as Leonie said did not have pre-sales. 

Leonie']dont count on having another presale for any other dates it has never happened here in Oz before and yes there are other dates scheduled but obviously they are not going to officially announce them - they have to wait to ensure these first shows are sold out - so you probably wont know if there are going to be other dates until after the general sale start on the 3rd September depending on how quickly they sell

it clearly states that you are not guareented tickets in any presales anywhere in the world - so you saying that you didnt join U2.com just to get 1 ticket states to me that you expected tickets which is not the case - one is better than none and beats competing with the general sale that is for sure.  it has always been this way since the presales began a long time ago in a galaxy far far away - can't see them changing - but then again what do i know - just advising you on what has happened in the past - hopefully that helps or not - good luck with whatever you decide