Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

blue hammer is right there will be plenty of peeps with extra tickets to sell / swap - there is a folder in the sub side for just that and it will no doubt be up and running soon for anyone to post what they need have

blue hammer is right there will be plenty of peeps with extra tickets to sell / swap - there is a folder in the sub side for just that and it will no doubt be up and running soon for anyone to post what they need have
Yep it's already up and running on the other sites I mentioned. And their layouts work. tongue.gif

Thank you very much guys/girls that sounds like a great idea.smile.gif

Can you tell im new? hehe

[quote name='dfunk257 wrote:

Leonie']blue hammer is right there will be plenty of peeps with extra tickets to sell / swap - there is a folder in the sub side for just that and it will no doubt be up and running soon for anyone to post what they need have

Thank you very much guys/girls that sounds like a great idea.smile.gif

Can you tell im new? hehe

we were all new at one stage - just chill it will all work out - one thing you will find is that U2 fans are brilliant and very helpful and i am sure with tickets trades / swaps selling you will get what you want.

seams a bit silly to not have another pre sale for u2.com members whhhy should we have to fight it out with general public

seams a bit silly to not have another pre sale for u2.com members whhhy should we have to fight it out with general public

silly or not that is the way it has been - dont take my word for it i am just saying how it has been previously is all

[quote name='cure1973 wrote:

one_bad_lemon']FAQS states -

code to be used ONCE only, ONE code per transaction, up to 4 tix limit

what if you bought only 2 tix say first up, can you go back and use this same code and buy 2 more to make up the 4 limit per code

it wouldnt let me choose the mix neither, hence went for RZ only x2

very confusing!

but I'd rather be safe than sorry so won't try don't think and instead go via public sale

exactly what i did.....missed out on rz2 though....jeez they must have gone quick!!!!

I found the limit of 2 redzone tickets by ticketmaster frustrating. actually wanted 4. ended up getting 2 redzone and 2 seated. would really like to get redzone tickets. also annoyed that i'm hit with 2 x handling charges bcos ticketmaster didn't allow the mix of tickets for one transaction. 

thats a good point Sasikala maybe THAT's why Ticketmaster didnt allow the mix of tix so we would be forced to go in and try for more - did you reuse your code then to get the 2 seats? I considered it but the confusion has stopped me from doing anything as I don't want to risk my RZ tix

*sigh* page 60 and we are still none the wiser.. LOL

[quote name='bestia wrote:

bluehammer wrote:

bestia']I think alot of the confusion is due to the fact that Ticketek and Ticketmaster are different with respect to their ticket numbers:

Ticketmaster: Perth & Melbourne:

Please note: There is a limit of 4 tickets per transaction

Ticketek: Sydney & Brisbane

TICKET LIMIT: 4 ticket per city per member
-so you can buy 4 for Brisbane and 4 for Sydney - confirmed by Ticketek.

Hmmm yes. very clear. 
tongue.gif

Although does 4 tickets per transaction mean you can buy 8 tickets in 2 transactions...hahaha!!!
roll.gif

I decided to experiment with my presale access code. I've bought 4 tickets for the Melbourne show. Ticketmaster correctly did not allow me to proceed with purchase as I've used my code. However, ticketek let me use the same code to select tickets in Sydney and I could proceed to the checkout stage. Obviously they've not found a way to close of this loophole. And seriously if they haven't and allow fans to purchase multiple tickets, I don't think fans should be penalised.

just wantedto add that the motel we were talkig about near stadum for second show has put price to $219 a night for the 14 & you have to pay up frony & ther is no cancellations or changes now if that isent giving us a big sign what is.

should i book now or wait for gig to be announced. 

just wantedto add that the motel we were talkig about near stadum for second show has put price to $219 a night for the 14 & you have to pay up frony & ther is no cancellations or changes now if that isent giving us a big sign what is.

should i book now or wait for gig to be announced. 

Build a time machine. And book last week roll.gif

$140 for the Novotel Olympic Park. 

I'd try to find somewhere that won't force you to pay up front. there's a few still out there. Just find somewhere in town, train ticket is free with your ticket. Pretty easy. 

well I bit the bullet and bought the xtra 2 seats for Perth to go with the 2 RZ I bought earlier today as I rang TICKETMASTER and they INSISTED it would be okay as the limit is 4 per code

As I was unable to buy the same type of tix initially (RZ or GA option only) but wanted seats too, thus he said I would need to buy them in 2 separate transactions, thus reusing same code, as clearly it was for SAME city and only 4 tix all up

SO, I will be expecting that to be okay else I will be not happy to say the least if my tix get cancelled when its been authorised by Ticketmaster itself !

goodness, I won't sleep now .. worrying :( even though I was told and told and told by Ticketmaster that IT IS the only way I could do it... arghhhhhhhhhh :((((

I hope to wake up less stressed.......... LOL

Since when do customer service reps make the decisions? - Baja

I know from past show AC/DC for example they had the second show on sale straight away with no warning.

Good luck. This threat of cancellation is hanging heavy over some heads at the moment and it needs to be clarified quickly. Legally I doubt there's a leg to stand on as the terms and conditions are determined by the ticket vendors, in this case Ticketek/ticketmaster. It would be quite a shitfight...

I know from past show AC/DC for example they had the second show on sale straight away with no warning.
Yep. This isn't what happened last time with Vertigo however, so it's anyone's guess. 

Good luck. This threat of cancellation is hanging heavy over some heads at the moment and it needs to be clarified quickly. Legally I doubt there's a leg to stand on as the terms and conditions are determined by the ticket vendors, in this case Ticketek/ticketmaster. It would be quite a shitfight...

well yes, I would think only those trying to exceed the 4 tix limit per code should be cancelled, not those who had no choice but to reuse the code to get the type of tix they wanted;  if anything, TM gets another handling fee out of my 2nd transaction so doubt they will be complaining!! As I said, all up I still stayed within the 4 tix limit per code, which is what the FAQs says anyway

Ticketmaster !! better be right then!!

just curious, but would anyone happen to know how many tickets in total are available per red-zone?

just curious, but would anyone happen to know how many tickets in total are available per red-zone?

That would be two/code from what we've been hearing.

NO, its 4 per code, but if you want 4, due to the 2 ticket transaction limit you must CALL for the Melbourne and Perth shows. For all other shows you can buy all 4 in one transaction - Baja

[quote name='Lemonhead wrote:

Ali_fan']just curious, but would anyone happen to know how many tickets in total are available per red-zone?

That would be two/code from what we've been hearing.

NO, its 4 per code, but if you want 4, due to the 2 ticket transaction limit you must CALL for the Melbourne and Perth shows. For all other shows you can buy all 4 in one transaction - Baja

Baja - for Brisbane you were unable to get all tickets in one transaction if you wanted a mixture.  My sister (with a medical condition) & I wanted seating and a friend wanted GA to join another group of friends who had used their entire pre-sale allocation.  Ticketek would not accept a mixture of seating types and I had to do two transactions (and yes I used the same code frown.gif) .

RED ZONE questions.....

Desperately waiting for Cedar presales 1pm Monday. Does anyone know if RZ tickets are still available for Auckland?

Please can someone who bought RZ Auckland tickets answer how you choose between the two RZs? Do you choose West or East sides of Mt Smart when buying tickets? Which is RZ1 and which is RZ2?

Thanks heaps :)

I bought RZ tickets for Auckland. Don't remember it giving me a choice, it just stated RZ2 whcih i think is on the east side of the stadium. I don't care which side i love both Edge and Adam, also they will move about during the show. Can't wait ....... bring it on. Woop woop!

and i am not Wren, i am mazmay.

I bought RZ tickets for Auckland. Don't remember it giving me a choice, it just stated RZ2 whcih i think is on the east side of the stadium. I don't care which side i love both Edge and Adam, also they will move about during the show. Can't wait ....... bring it on. Woop woop!
and i am not Wren, i am mazmay.
Thanks mazmay(!).....hope to see you in RZ  :D

So what is the correct procedure if I want to buy a mixture of floor and seating tickets that may include 1 red zone. ??