Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Take up praying. In a big way. 

Sounds like ringing through would be an idea, however I think most RZ tickets are gone for venues in terms of the allocation

Take up praying. In a big way. 

Sounds like ringing through would be an idea, however I think most RZ tickets are gone for venues in terms of the allocation

Praying is what I've resorted to! 

Seriously I thought there would be some clarification by this morning, but I see I'm going to have to ring Ticketek to make notes against my purchases.

5 seat tickets but potentially aganst one code even though I had 2 codes just might have used the same one twice by mistake. How sad is that, that I don't even know ?

When i look at the pre-sales page (or account info), neither code has a line through it so now I'm even more confused and stressed.

I wish there was a Ticketek outlet nearby so I could do it face to face rather than over the phone.

Baja I sent you a PM just in case too, but I realise your probably snowed under, btw is this your full time job or just something you do as fan ?

[quote name='bluehammer wrote:

happyme']just wantedto add that the motel we were talkig about near stadum for second show has put price to $219 a night for the 14 & you have to pay up frony & ther is no cancellations or changes now if that isent giving us a big sign what is.

should i book now or wait for gig to be announced. 

Build a time machine. And book last week roll.gif

$140 for the Novotel Olympic Park. 

I'd try to find somewhere that won't force you to pay up front. there's a few still out there. Just find somewhere in town, train ticket is free with your ticket. Pretty easy. 

I found a place called sleep express about 10 mins away they chare about $89 a night again paying up front but they reacon that they have a shuttle bus  the stadium Novotel is coming up for me as $475 a night for the 14thsick.gif

i know about the train but i have a 13teen year old with me & i didnt really want to have to travel to far away after the gig,were coming up from wollongong with friends for the first show but there not doin 2 & no bus copanies will go up they reacon that u2 tickets are to dear & nobody wants to goroll.gif

[quote name='Lemonhead wrote:

Ali_fan']just curious, but would anyone happen to know how many tickets in total are available per red-zone?

That would be two/code from what we've been hearing.

NO, its 4 per code, but if you want 4, due to the 2 ticket transaction limit you must CALL for the Melbourne and Perth shows. For all other shows you can buy all 4 in one transaction - Baja

sorry i wasnt clear but what i meant was how many red zone tickets per red zone are there per concert? as in how many people would be in a single red zone for a given concert. apologies for the lack of clarification embarassed.gif

So what is the correct procedure if I want to buy a mixture of floor and seating tickets that may include 1 red zone. ??
depends on which ticket vendor - for Ticketmaster, I was told I would need to make 2 transactions as their system only allowed for either GA/RZ standing OR the Reserved Seating, not a mix, when you 'Find Tickets' and also the RZ limit was 2 per transaction online hence couldn't make up the 4 tix limit in the 1 transaction (that meant starting again, reusing SAME code - but be sure you buy for SAME show - plus there's another handling fee though!)

Ok just spent 10 minutes on the phone with Ticketek after being in hold for 10 minutes.

I advised them that I had purchased 5 tickets, 4 using my account and 1 using my wife's but there was the potential that I may have used the same pre-sales code.

Since both accounts were linked to the same home phone number he was able to easily confirm what I was saying - other than not being able to say which code(s) was/were used.

He put me on hold and went and spoke to his supervisor.

Upon return, he told me that "the pre-sales code was just something to allow access and that purchasing 5 tickets was ok" (interesting, Geoge Bush economics ?), however I had done the right thing by ringing up and that they would document our conversation in the notes for both Ticketek accounts especialy noting that I do have a second code and am willing to surrender it as required".

I asked what would happen if they were told to cancel the tickets and he said that would ring me first and work it out from there.

He emphasised that I had done the right thing by contacting them and alerting them to the fact I may have made a mistake but do in fact have two codes which cleaerly covers my 5 tickets.

So for now I will relax a little more and may just emphasise to others in potentially similar scenario to contact the ticket vendor and discuss it with them.

For others not in such a simple scenario - maybe keep on praying.

Good info, thanks for sharing
I figured you would appreciate it, as I gather from some of your posts that you might be in a similar situation / state of mind.

I'm feeling a little more relaxed now.

That's just it... I might be. I might not be. How would you know with the system(s) we have in place. Cheers. 

Nniixx, You mention you and your wife both have an account_74615.

Before I sign my wife up, I just want to be sure there's no problem with buying 2 lots of 4 tickets for the Perth show through 2 accounts in the same household, as I have a number of family & friends who want to come with us.

If this is not a problem I'll sign her up as well and get a second code for use on Monday.

Cheers,

Baggas

For those wondering about ticket limits, I didn't realise there was a supposed limit per city/concert and I used all of my codes for Auckland tics obtaining well over 4. After hearing there may be a 4 per member limit I phoned ticketek (twice!) and was told both times that there is no per member limit - it is simply up to 4 tickets per pre sale code.... They assured me my tickets would not be cancelled. I am still petrified at the thought of it though, so I have also e mailed them, and am hoping to get an e mail confirmation back so I have it in writing!

I just spoke to Ticketmaster again just now and explained my situation, which is same as Nniixx - where I bought 4 tix in my name (one presale code) and other in husband's name (one presale code).

I had to do 2 transactions, as I wanted mix of RZ and Res Seating, so have RZ x2 and Res Seat x2 = 4 tix limit (as per TM instructions) for ONE show, i.e. Perth. Did exact same on hubby's. As I had 2 valid presale codes, so 4 tix each, 8 total (as per entitlement per FAQs)

Ticketmaster said only if you have intentionally duplicated or exceeded 4 tix limit (max 8) they will cancel but will call to check first before taking any action

As he put it, I wouldnt have been able to go through any further with the transaction if I had not done so correctly; I did say I accidentally put 3 to 'Find Tickets' initially when searching (after having initial 2 RZ) and it did say "password exceeded limit" but accepted it once I corrected it to 2 only

I would say - for Tickemaster anyway - that's all good then

(I made a note to myself that I called TM and his name, in case I need it later on, but he confirmed I have done so correctly and doesn't seem to be anything to worry on, for those that have done similar to me) 

smile.gif

okay all good now I can 'celebrate' my U2 tix purchase and count sleeps to the Perth show!! so thanks again U2com for the presale opportunity happy.gif (and BAJA for handling as much as you could possibly with such confusion)

Nniixx, You mention you and your wife both have an account_74615.
Before I sign my wife up, I just want to be sure there's no problem with buying 2 lots of 4 tickets for the Perth show through 2 accounts in the same household, as I have a number of family & friends who want to come with us.

If this is not a problem I'll sign her up as well and get a second code for use on Monday.

Cheers,

Baggas
2 Ticketek accounts, 2 credit cards, 2 pre-sales codes (although might have screwed that up and used just 1) the only reason we did the 2 ticketek accounts was because sometimes booking agencies have a thing about people doing multiple purchases through the same account to get around limits.

The first thing the Ticketek guy asked me was my home phone number and as soon as he did I said "it might come up with two accounts" and he after entering it, he replied "yes it has" and asked me for the names, addresses and date of birth on both.

I thought it was safer to use 2 accounts with 1 transaction each than 1 account and 2 transactions and find out that that breached Ticketek rules.

FFS I'm just a U2 fan who wanted 5 tickets via 2 pre-sales codes and it turns into a living nightmare.eyes.gif

For those wondering about ticket limits, I didn't realise there was a supposed limit per city/concert and I used all of my codes for Auckland tics obtaining well over 4. After hearing there may be a 4 per member limit I phoned ticketek (twice!) and was told both times that there is no per member limit - it is simply up to 4 tickets per pre sale code.... They assured me my tickets would not be cancelled. I am still petrified at the thought of it though, so I have also e mailed them, and am hoping to get an e mail confirmation back so I have it in writing!

Ticketmaster stated limit as 4 tix per transaction / maximum 8 (if you have 2 valid codes 4 tix each = 8)

I just spoke to Ticketmaster again just now and explained my situation, which is same as Nniixx - where I bought 4 tix in my name (one presale code) and other in husband's name (one presale code).

I had to do 2 transactions, as I wanted mix of RZ and Res Seating, so have RZ x2 and Res Seat x2 = 4 tix limit (as per TM instructions) for ONE show, i.e. Perth. Did exact same on hubby's. As I had 2 valid presale codes, so 4 tix each, 8 total (as per entitlement per FAQs)

Ticketmaster said only if you have intentionally duplicated or exceeded 4 tix limit (max 8) they will cancel but will call to check first before taking any action

As he put it, I wouldnt have been able to go through any further with the transaction if I had not done so correctly; I did say I accidentally put 3 to 'Find Tickets' initially when searching (after having initial 2 RZ) and it did say "password exceeded limit" but accepted it once I correct it to 2 only

I would say - for Tickemaster anyway - that's all good then

(I made a note to myself that I called TM and his name, in case I need it later on, but he confirmed I have done so correctly and doesn't seem to be anything to worry on, for those that have done similar to me) 

smile.gif

okay all good now I can 'celebrate' my U2 tix purchase and count sleeps to the Perth show!! so thanks again U2com for the presale opportunity happy.gif (and BAJA for handling as much as you could possibly with such confusion)

Ticketek and Ticketmaster probably see this sort of thing all the time. Fans panicking in pre-sales trying to ensure they get the best tickets and not clicking the right button, drop down list etc and ending up with the wrong thing or thinking they've got it wrong.

Genral Public sales must drive them nuts.

Especially face to face.

[quote name='one_bad_lemon wrote:

coleena']For those wondering about ticket limits, I didn't realise there was a supposed limit per city/concert and I used all of my codes for Auckland tics obtaining well over 4. After hearing there may be a 4 per member limit I phoned ticketek (twice!) and was told both times that there is no per member limit - it is simply up to 4 tickets per pre sale code.... They assured me my tickets would not be cancelled. I am still petrified at the thought of it though, so I have also e mailed them, and am hoping to get an e mail confirmation back so I have it in writing!

Ticketmaster stated limit as 4 tix per transaction / maximum 8 (if you have 2 valid codes 4 tix each = 8)

That was my general understanding too, but even that wasn't 100% clear.

The fact that people could then purchase across shows / states / Aus / NZ makes you wonder how many people are facing the threat of possible cancellation ?

I hope they've got it sorted by now but daren't go near the Ticketek site using any of my codes.

Maybe on Monday we'll see another whole load of posts with the Cedars group being totally confused.

Funny thing is, when I called TM I said "you've probably had hundreds of calls about this U2 stuff already but..." and he says "no" LOL!! I continued anyway.. but I don't know how many ppl work at TM so maybe its different ppl all the time or ONE poor person dealing with all the U2 fanclub presale "madness" hee hee

that's interesting with the Ticketec site, as I do know that Ticketmaster wouldn't let me proceed once I "exceeded the password limit"

I would've thought Ticketec would've had same security in place to ensure only 4 tix maximum per code and that would've possibly fixed the problem

oh wells.. my first time fanclub presale and WHAT an experience! LOL

good luck to CEDAR group yes, but by then it will all be sorted...

MAYBE! :)

I will await the official Ticketek response to my query with interest, but so far the two verbal responses were that as long as you are sticking to 4 per pre sale code/transaction you are fine - the end number is not an issue. I won't sleep until I get a confirmation! I think Ticketmaster rules most likely differ from Ticketeks.... Had I known there would be this confusion I would have just bought 4 with my code and 4 with my husbands and not worried about the rest. They were only bonus tickets for friends and family! Oh well.... Once I get a response from Ticketek I will post it, to help anyone else who may be in the same boat.

Has any one who apparantly has CEDAR status (even though I have never had anything from U2.com tell me this) tried to purchase tickets in this presale?

Has any one who apparantly has CEDAR status (even though I have never had anything from U2.com tell me this) tried to purchase tickets in this presale?
Yip - you can't get past the first screen. Some kind of "Invalid code" type message. It's pretty clear that the 3U2E codes are Cedar now - so I'm not stressed that I'm missing out.

Here is a weird situation though. I'm a Cedar, however when I joined I got the "Artificial Horizon" CD (got the confirmation email today). and interestingly I am beig told I can upgrade my sub, and receive another code, which will allow me to buy four more tickets!