Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

[quote name='bjc wrote:

melissa87']Has any one who apparantly has CEDAR status (even though I have never had anything from U2.com tell me this) tried to purchase tickets in this presale?

Yip - you can't get past the first screen. Some kind of "Invalid code" type message. It's pretty clear that the 3U2E codes are Cedar now - so I'm not stressed that I'm missing out.

Here is a weird situation though. I'm a Cedar, however when I joined I got the "Artificial Horizon" CD (got the confirmation email today). and interestingly I am beig told I can upgrade my sub, and receive another code, which will allow me to buy four more tickets!

Which will no doubt then be cancelled in a melting pot of confusion, paranoia and general tomfoolery. 

Tomfoolery. A much underutilised word. 

laugh.gif

[quote name='bluehammer wrote:

bjc wrote:

melissa87']Has any one who apparantly has CEDAR status (even though I have never had anything from U2.com tell me this) tried to purchase tickets in this presale?

Yip - you can't get past the first screen. Some kind of "Invalid code" type message. It's pretty clear that the 3U2E codes are Cedar now - so I'm not stressed that I'm missing out.

Here is a weird situation though. I'm a Cedar, however when I joined I got the "Artificial Horizon" CD (got the confirmation email today). and interestingly I am beig told I can upgrade my sub, and receive another code, which will allow me to buy four more tickets!

Which will no doubt then be cancelled in a melting pot of confusion, paranoia and general tomfoolery. 

Tomfoolery. A much underutilised word. 

laugh.gif

Tomfoolery, I like it, it's up there with shenanigans.

Plus I think that the wording of this FAQ was not so clear 2-3 days ago

A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR tickets for any ONE show. The code can be used ONCE only against up to four tickets at any one show in NZ or Aus.

And this one is new

Q - If I have 2 valid codes, can I purchase 8 tickets with just 1 code?

A - No. Only ONE code may be used per transaction. If you have two valid codes, you can make two separate purchases. Each code is valid for up to 4 tickets.

I think we'll still be posting in this thread until we've actually been to the show or shows as the case may be for some.

And another day passes and NO-ONE from this site has cleared up the matter...obviously they are just as confused as us about all the "contradictory" information.

And another day passes and NO-ONE from this site has cleared up the matter...obviously they are just as confused as us about all the "contradictory" information.
Yes notiable by their absence and lack of recent response on either this thread or this one http://community.u2.com/topic/18539.

Although it's probably the middle of the night in the US eh ?

While it may be the middle of the night NOW, what about the 3 emails I have sent over the past 5 days? Is there any excuse for not responding over that length of time? It's fairly poor in my opinion.

i think everyone on here needs to cut some slack for the mods - at the moment there only seems to be one around which is Baja - and she doesnt make the rules - she has to follow orders from the powers to be - i can only imagine the amount of messages she has been receiving and there are only so many hours in the days - plus the fact that she is in the USA and the time difference doesn't help and this is not her full time job. The upgrades to the zoo were not the mods decision - the late email notification were not the mods decisions - the quick presales were not the mods decisions - you see the what I am saying - if you have grief about the situation then i suggest you email live nation or principle management about the way this has gone and the lack of clarity - not the mods all they can do is pass it on.

I understand a lot of you are in limbo but again take it up with Live Nation Australia / New Zealand they are now open bombard them with emails about the way you have been treated - maybe then something might be done - so cut them some slack and  and go straight to the source who disorganised all of this. Live Nation are the ones who run this website.

i think everyone on here needs to cut some slack for the mods - at the moment there only seems to be one around which is Baja - and she doesnt make the rules - she has to follow orders from the powers to be - i can only imagine the amount of messages she has been receiving and there are only so many hours in the days - plus the fact that she is in the USA and the time difference doesn't help and this is not her full time job. The upgrades to the zoo were not the mods decision - the late email notification were not the mods decisions - the quick presales were not the mods decisions - you see the what I am saying - if you have grief about the situation then i suggest you email live nation or principle management about the way this has gone and the lack of clarity - not the mods all they can do is pass it on.

I understand a lot of you are in limbo but again take it up with Live Nation Australia / New Zealand they are now open bombard them with emails about the way you have been treated - maybe then something might be done - so cut them some slack and  and go straight to the source who disorganised all of this. Live Nation are the ones who run this website.

Leonie that is the problem. 

Poor old Baja is copping it from every angle, and why? Because she is the ONLY contact we have. There has been nothing from livenation. nothing from MCP. Nothing from ticketek or ticketmaster other than what we now see as contradictory information. 

you have scores of people losing bladder control for fear of their tickets being cancelled. 

you have Baja trying to deal with a bunch of worried PAID UP forum members with seemingly no support. 

But has anyone here ever dealt with Telstra? Got frustrated with the poor fella in the call centre who took your call?

Not his fault your internet's not connected. But he's your point of contact with the comapny. you're pissed off, and rightly so. So you vent your spleen after trying the diplomatic approach because you're getting nowhere. 

that's precisely what is happening here. there is no communication from LiveNation or U2.com other than one liners from Baja implying that people will have their tickets cancelled. 

That is a fucking disgrace, scuse my swahili. 

If I were Bajagirl I'd have walked out on this schermozzle, but I'm sure she's helping out out of genuine care for the community here. 

But this is beyond a joke. 

agree Bluehammer it is a bit overwhelming when you think you've secured your tix and then there's threat of losing them because of incompetence elsewhere and not your own doing

but agree with Leonie, don't shoot the messenger - poor BAJA - she is doing her best based on info she is getting herself

I think it would satisfy most if only those that have obviously EXCEEDED their 4 TIX LIMIT PER CODE and/or bought for DIFFERENT SHOWS possibly, should be looked at and allow those that stuck to their 4 TIX per ONE SHOW (city/venue) ONLY their tix - regardless those that have bought a mix of ticket type - as hardly fair to change the rules NOW when they've clearly still stayed within their 4 TIX PER CODE/ONE SHOW ONLY (max 8) entitlement

especially as Perth/Melbourne were disadvantaged with limit of 2x for Red Zone online (else I'd have grabbed 4 RZ  in 1 transaction and not been forced to make another transaction for SEATS as instructed by Ticketmaster!!)

anyhoo...........

Hi guys,

I totally agree with Leonie. Poor old Baja has copped it from everyone anyway she was probably just fed up with everyone emailing her.

Thing is we are all (obviously) MANIC fans, PANICKED about things. I am in the cedar group and haven't had any presale email info or anything but my question is this, do I need a presale email? Can I just click in on Monday at 1pm (when Cedar presale starts) enter my code and hope to hell there are some GA tickets still left? Is that all we need to do?

Please I don't need any rolling eyes or anything at this point. I just would really like to know from anyone else who has purchased tix already what the procedure is?

Please can someone help me out?

THANKS so much and everyone, have a great weekend!

I think a few people here should pull their heads in and stop thinking that because you're sitting all cozy in your home typing away on a cyberspace forum that it gives you the right to behave poorly.

I am a concert tragic and been to more concerts than I care to admit and I just wanna say the level of service I have seen on this FC forum is second to none.

By a long way.

There was a huge stuff up recently on another band's presale and there were pages upon pages of complaints and not one reply from the mods.

Presale instructions communicated to ticketing agencies can be misinterpreted. 

People coding the instructions into the ticketing system can stuff if up. 

Ticketing agencies may not adequately inform their staff of the presale arrangements.

A lot can go wrong and it often does.

Stamping your feet on the ground and behaving like a brat in a supermarket may help you let off steam but it does little else.

I have been amazed at the level of service this site has provided in sorting things out.

Again, just because you are hiding behind a computer and not face to face, it doesn't mean you can throw courtesy out the window.

The Mod should be number one on everyone's Xmas card list.

Please, a few people should stop thinking that because you're sitting all cozy in your home typing away on a cyberspace forum that it gives you the right to behave poorly.

I just wanna say the level of service I have seen on this FC forum is second to none.

By a long way.

Presale instructions communicated to ticketing agencies can be misinterpreted. 

People coding the instructions into the ticketing system can stuff if up. 

Ticketing agencies may not adequately inform their staff of the presale arrangements.

A lot can go wrong and it often does.

I have been amazed at the level of service this site has provided in sorting things out.

Again, just because you are hiding behind a computer and not face to face, it doesn't mean you can throw courtesy out the window.

The Mod should be number one on everyone's Xmas card list.

Katiek2010

don't worry on the email, lots were late, just go to the link in the Tours Presale page and it will take you to the ticketing vendor, from there you sign in and enter your code, etc :)

good lucky hopefully you (we) will ALL be wiser by MONDAY

Marshall, read back mate. i don't think anyone has had a go at Baja. 

She is the messenger, sure, but she is also seemingly the only link between the forum and the back room. 

This is a failing. that is not Baja's fault. 

I don't think anybody has had a go at Baja, got frustrated with the conflicting info, sure, but anyone is onl as good as the infor they're given. 

the frustration here is with the terrible information. 

it's easy to say ticketek and ticketmaster got it wrong. 

But WHY did they get it wrong? Why did BOTH of them get it wrong? Why do we have this spectre of cancelled tickets hanging over us, when the presale codes themselves are U2.com's doing. nothing to do with ticketmaster or ticketek once they're given the lists by livenation. 

So, let me categorically say that I don't think anybody has a gripe with Bajagirl... but what other avenues for clarification do we have? Livenation? They're posted one line on a facebook group contradicting ticket vendors. The ticket vendors? They're as certain their rules are right as U2.com are that they're wrong. 

The level of service from a couple of people on this forum may be incredible... this is not a good website by any stretch. it's not a good website for a Year 9 IT project, and it's sure as hell not a good website for a $50 a month subscription once you take out presales and willie's diary...

But one last time. Baja does an amazing job and none of us would think less of her if she hung up the boots tomorrow as she's caught in the middle of a shitstorm. 

Hi guys,

I totally agree with Leonie. Poor old Baja has copped it from everyone (though I didn't think I really deserved the response that I got from her really) anyway she was probably just fed up with everyone emailing her.

Thing is we are all (obviously) MANIC fans, PANICKED about things. I am in the cedar group and haven't had any presale email info or anything but my question is this, do I need a presale email? Can I just click in on Monday at 1pm (when Cedar presale starts) enter my code and hope to hell there are some GA tickets still left? Is that all we need to do?

Please I don't need any rolling eyes or anything at this point. I just would really like to know from anyone else who has purchased tix already what the procedure is?

You don't need the email just follow the links and use your code.

Actually go the link.

Bookmark it.

Login at which point it will take you the homepage of the website (well it did for Ticketek Aus).

Click on your just made bookmark and you'll now be logged in and at the pre-sales page, where you should be able to see the prices but not buy.

Keep refreshing that page every minute or so and once it hits 11.00am the box to enter your code will appear and off you go.

Hi guys,

I totally agree with Leonie. Poor old Baja has copped it from everyone anyway she was probably just fed up with everyone emailing her.

not sure if youve been answered, but no, you dont need the email, click the link whilst youre allready logged in on ticketmaster/ticketek , dont use your cose more than once, you may not be able tix GA and seating so if you cant dont try,

hope all goes well for you ,

enjoy

I agree with everyone else in that Baja is doing her best under trying cirumstances, it's the owners and operators and live nation who ultimately need to be held accountable.

I guess we should have known it was going to be a balls up when they decided to start upgrading the site in th days leading up to the pre-sale so that things started going awry even then.

And the fact that majority of us were flying by the seat of pants waiting for emails that turned up when all was said and done or being told to read FAQs that were not up to date or were changing based on the latest interpretation of someones answer.

Hi guys,

No, you don't need an email (I got mine 3 hours after sale began!). You just need your code(s) from the member or presale page. BTW, the links on the presale page are wrong for Monday. The correct one for NZ is http://premier.ticketek.co.nz/shows/show.aspx?sh=U2FANGPB10 and for Oz is  http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=U2FANGPB10 .Not sure for ticketmaster.
Also as a hint, paste these links, your codes, your credit card number in a text file so if this site is playing up again you won't have any problems. Also, log into ticketek 5min before sale to avoid having to log in twice.
I think there is a second allocation for each ticket class for the second presale, but it will be limited. This is how it normally works with presales.
Most of all good luck!

Apologies to Baja if it appeared I was having a complaint about her. That was not my intention at all. It is the companies that organise all this stuff and the FAQs that do not give enough info or the fact that Ticketek knows nothing about anything and the fact that I consider myself a reasonably intelligent person who manages my life, my family and my work successfully, and yet can't get clear and simple answers to my questions, about what should be a very simple process.

This is the email I sent 3 times:

I want to know what pre-sale group I belong to eg Cedar? I have never received this information. I also want to know if I will receive an email advising me of a link to follow to get to the pre-sale?

My reply from Live Nation:

Thank you for choosing Live Nation Merchandise. You are in the CEDAR group.

Presale times are:

The presale for the 5 New Zealand and Australian shows begins this week. The times are as follows:

Group 1 (Horizon, Breathe, Magnificent, Boots) - Begins Thurs. 26 Aug. 11AM and ends Mon. Aug. 30 at 12noon.

Group 2 (Cedar) - Begins Mon. 30 Aug. 1PM local and ends Wed. 1 Sept. 12noon.

All times are local.

http://www.u2.com/tour/presale

All new members are in the CEDAR group.

Free members are not eligible for a presale code.

If you are trying to locate your presale code, please refresh the tour page after you have logged in and it will appear there before your presale is due to begin.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

See, I asked about an email being sent, and still, there is nothing in the reply about EMAIL, even though I asked a DIRECT QUESTION about it. I am not trying to locate my presale code, I just want to know if there will be an EMAIL directing me TO THE PRE SALE! The frustration level is HUGE!!!!!

I see now that the issue has been resolved by members of this forum, and I am now clear on the process to follow to get my tickets. I thank you for that very much.

Tomfoolery and Shenanagins indeed! Both phrases don't get bandied about nearly enough in my opinion.

Infact, I'm not sure "bandied about" gets used enough these days either!

Agree totally with Bluehammer. How hard is it to send a group email, when you promised one? So it takes a while for a big group? Start earlier. It's what most people do to meet their deadlines.

All sorted now, text file generated with all links, usernames, passwords, codes etc - got to get wifey to try for tickets on Monday as I'm stuck in a meeting at 1pm.... Fingers crossed.

ooo ive got tics just behind the stage .... L1 .... is that gonna be any good ???????