Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Baja just posted this on another thread, I thought I'd repeat it here. This seems to be happening with my account, in theory I still should be able to buy two tickets with one of my codes but I get an "invalid password" error when trying to access the Ticketek sale for Auckland (not that I'm worried, I only need the tickets I've already got).

Folks

We have become aware that if you go into the ticketing system and search for seats multiple times your code can become invalid.

It will still show as unused but the ticketing system will reject it as "incorrect or used". Most reports have come from the ticketek system.

Please don't do this, tech informs me that it is very difficult to fix as the error is on the ticketing site and the few people that have experienced this issue have yet to complete their purchase

Any other info will be posted here Presale info updateswith the newer updates posted at the bottom of the thread.

If anything else pops up it will be posted here

Thanks

Baja

So be be safe don't go logging in and out searching for tickets with Ticketek, make your selection and purchase.

Hi

Is there a seating plan of Suncorp Stadium showing the location of the P1-P5 sections?

Will there be an allocation of specific seats for pre-sale or is the whole stadium up for sale during pre-sale?

At the time of buying your ticket will you see the exact location of your seat of will it just be a general section given?

Thanks

Has any one else noticed that the time for the Monday presale is listed as 3pm on U2.com now, changed from 1pm?

I have contacted Ticketek, and they assure me it is still 1pm.

I guess I'm going to log on at 1pm still, but the whole searched, but didn't purchase and used the code and now it won't work, etc is still giving me nightmares.

Has any one else noticed that the time for the Monday presale is listed as 3pm on U2.com now, changed from 1pm?

I have contacted Ticketek, and they assure me it is still 1pm.

I guess I'm going to log on at 1pm still, but the whole searched, but didn't purchase and used the code and now it won't work, etc is still giving me nightmares.

hey Melissa

i have done the same as you have you got anything back as yet??? i am also stressing i have sent a message to the help section will keep you posted if i hear anything if you do could you please let me know i am a newbie!!! lol dont like being a newbie lol!!!wink.gif

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:

Secret_Agent']Seriously! what kind of rubbish is this?

The fool doesn't realise those seats are behind the stage or hopes that the sucker buying them won't.

I've seen the show from behind the stage twice and thought the view and sound were amazing. you're much closer to the stage/PA and band then the peeps facing front on on the other end of the stadium.

For those who have these tickets, don't be put off by comments like this one, you'll have a brilliant view and be the first and last people to see the band.

Seeing the majority of the crowd behind the stage from this view is also incredible.

The fool doesn't realise those seats are behind the stage or hopes that the sucker buying them won't.

I've seen the show from behind the stage twice and thought the view and sound were amazing. you're much closer to the stage/PA and band then the peeps facing front on on the other end of the stadium.

For those who have these tickets, don't be put off by comments like this one, you'll have a brilliant view and be the first and last people to see the band.

Seeing the majority of the crowd behind the stage from this view is also incredible.

Tomfoolery & shenanigans thought it was time they were bandied about again.

[quote name='mick james wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

If you look at this colour image of NZ, 47L is in the P7 category range so they must be considered cheap for a reason. ie not the best view ???

sfx23410.gif

mick james wrote:

Nniixx
wrote:

Secret_Agent
']Seriously! what kind of rubbish is this?
[/font]
://www.trademe.co.nz/...ts/auction-313820512.htm

If you look at this colour image of NZ, 47L is in the P7 category range so they must be considered cheap for a reason. ie not the best view ???

IMG_9048.jpg

mick james wrote:

Nniixx
wrote:

Secret_Agent
']Seriously! what kind of rubbish is this?
[/font]
://www.trademe.co.nz/...ts/auction-313820512.htm

IMG_9048.jpg

I have just had an e mailed confirmation from Ticketek that the limit is "4 tickets per presale code", so for example if you have 3 codes you are entitled to 12 tickets (even if it is the same show as in my case). Please note that this is Ticketek, not Ticketmaster, and relates to the NZ concert. I hope this may put some minds at ease.

I received this email from Live Nation on August 28 @10:47pm

Presale times are: 
The presale for the 5 New Zealand and Australian shows begins this week. The times are as follows:

Group 1 (Horizon, Breathe, Magnificent, Boots) - Begins Thurs. 26 Aug. 11AM and ends Mon. Aug. 30 at 12noon.

Group 2 (Cedar) - Begins Mon. 30 Aug. 1PM local and ends Wed. 1 Sept. 12noon.

All times are local. 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

but then adds a link to the tours page where it is still changed to 3pm.

It is obviously a set email and she has done nothing to actually check nor answer my DIRECT QUESTION with a YES or NO answer.  Highly unsatisfactory.

I haven't received any email apart from a newsletter saying that if I subscribe to u2.com I can join the membes presale lol

What time does the Cedar sale kick off tomorrow?

I received this email from Live Nation on August 28 @10:47pm

Presale times are: 
The presale for the 5 New Zealand and Australian shows begins this week. The times are as follows:

Group 1 (Horizon, Breathe, Magnificent, Boots) - Begins Thurs. 26 Aug. 11AM and ends Mon. Aug. 30 at 12noon.

All times are local. 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It is obviously a set email and she has done nothing to actually check nor answer my DIRECT QUESTION with a YES or NO answer.  Highly unsatisfactory.
Go by the times that show up on the Ticketek/ticketmaster website. 

They're not there at the moment, but on monday morning they should be. 

Do not take any notice of what is written here on U2.com, go by the ticket vendors times on their website as it's their system that will be selling them. 

Log on at 1pm. If nothing's happening, come back at 3. But never rely on U2.com for information, you'll get it 30 mins after it's happened. 

I ended up getting 8 tickets on one code. Used work computer picked my tickets paid with credit card and then the computer had a meltdown. So I rebooted the computer and was unsure if I had tickets or not. So I tried again , code worked and I got four tickets. All good so I thought. Later that day when I checked my emails at home I found I had 8 tickets for that code. I have rung ticketek and tried to cancel the 2nd lot of tickets and get my $750 back and was told no as they won't cancel tickets once bought. So I'm stuck with tickets I don't need. Somebody stuffed up big time and never stopped the codes from being used only once.Seems like nobody Is going to put their hand up for this Error. The easy thing to do is say nothing or blame the U2 fan who has just paid big money to go to a concert. A mate told me to check out the message boards and the f""k ups are still going on. It was hard to get tickets 4 years ago . So now I don't know If I have to many tickets or are they all going to be cancelled because other peoples f""k ups.

[quote name='bluehammer wrote:

melissa87']I received this email from Live Nation on August 28 @10:47pm

Presale times are:

All times are local.

Go by the times that show up on the Ticketek/ticketmaster website. 

They're not there at the moment, but on monday morning they should be. 

Do not take any notice of what is written here on U2.com, go by the ticket vendors times on their website as it's their system that will be selling them. 

Log on at 1pm. If nothing's happening, come back at 3. But never rely on U2.com for information, you'll get it 30 mins after it's happened. 

http://premier.ticketek.co.nz/shows/show.aspx?sh=U2FANGPB10

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=U2FANGPB10

shows 1pm

Sent an email to Live Nation via the help screen

In the recent Australian Pre-Sale I was in group 1 and thus had first access to tickets.

I had 2 presale codes and was going to use 1 code to buy 4 P2 tickets to the Sydney December 13 show and the other code to buy 1 P3 ticket to the December 13 show.

In my haste to purchase tickets, I fear I may have used the same pre-sales code for all 5 tickets due to the fact that Ticketek systems were not preventing this from happening.

On the U2.COM website there have been threats of cancellation of tickets and U2.COM subscriptions for anyone who hasin fact exceeded their 4 ticket limit.

I have spoken to Ticketek in Sydney and they have assured me that as I have 2 valid pre-sale codes and that I have rung them to explain my possible predicament, this will not happen, but I'm concerned that it may not be up to them.

The thing is I'm not even sure if I have used the same code twice but have no way of checking and Ticketek are unable to check either.

Admin on U2.COM have been suggesting we should contact Live Nation with these issues, so that is what I'm doing.

Any information or advise you can give me would be great appreciated.

Regards,

Nick

Here's the response

Hello,

Thank you for choosing Live Nation Merchandise.

Presale times are:

All times are local.

All new members are in the CEDAR group.

Free members are not eligible for a presale code.

If you are trying to locate your presale code, please go to the "New Zealand/Australia Presale Info Here" link afteryou have logged in and it will be there before your presale is due to begin.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Becky

Live Nation Merchandise Customer Service

Toll Free (US): 800.767.7160

International: 001-434-244-7300

So at this point I give up and am going to presume my ticketek contacts will help me resolve the issue and allow me to keep my 5 tickets if it comes down to it.

Has any one who apparantly has CEDAR status (even though I have never had anything from U2.com tell me this) tried to purchase tickets in this presale?
I joined up thursday, i received an email saturday, it mentioned something about "boots", i thought i would be cedar for sure. So I  thought i try my luck, i tried red zone and kept giving me errors or it wasnt available at the time, i then tried general admission, just to see if the same thing happened, but it said I could purchase tickets. I have been a member on this site for some time, i remember the chatlog, during i think around elevation time, but this was the first time i was a paid member

I was then able to purchase tickets for reserved seating, and got through, thought it be best to buy the tickets when i could, rather than wait til monday, as I wouldnt be near any net.

seems the ticketmaster presale link is wrong for the presale on Monday?

can anyone tell me what the right link is?

thanks

If it is like the ticketek link, you need to change an "A" to a "B" in the web address to get to the "Group B" presale page.