Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Tomfoolery & shenanigans thought it was time they were bandied about again.

roll.gifwink.gif

I'm an anxious Cedar waiting for the 2nd presale to open today. Haven't received a presale email yet but the links and presale code are on the site after you log in so it's not absolutely essential.

Just spoke to Ticketek about 2nd presale. The woman I spoke to said:

- the 2nd presale opens at 5pm NZ time today (but I'm still going to check at 1pm and 3pm anyway given the confusion over recent days!)

- she didn't know anything about which link to use (FANGPA or FANGPB), said she thought it would "all come through to the same place anyway" (if it's still not clear at presale time I'm gonna try both links and see which one works)

- she was aware there was a problem with some people being unable to purchase tickets if they have used their presale codes several times to check out ticket availability but couldn't give further detail. She advised figuring out in advance what tickets you want and purchasing carefully in case you only get one try with your presale code.

Aargh!!! Can't wait til tonight when I finally have tickets (hopefully!) and this stress is all over.

What's all this talk of 1pm/3pm/5pm? More shenanagins and tomfoolery.

FFS, surely by now there could be some consistency amongst the ticket vendors and U2.com?

Oh well. I'm about to disappear into an all day meeting, I've left my wife with a text file with everything she needs - I'm hopeful that I will emerge from the meeting with news of tickets.

Sent an email to Live Nation via the help screen

In the recent Australian Pre-Sale I was in group 1 and thus had first access to tickets.

I had 2 presale codes and was going to use 1 code to buy 4 P2 tickets to the Sydney December 13 show and the other code to buy 1 P3 ticket to the December 13 show.

In my haste to purchase tickets, I fear I may have used the same pre-sales code for all 5 tickets due to the fact that Ticketek systems were not preventing this from happening.

On the U2.COM website there have been threats of cancellation of tickets and U2.COM subscriptions for anyone who hasin fact exceeded their 4 ticket limit.

I have spoken to Ticketek in Sydney and they have assured me that as I have 2 valid pre-sale codes and that I have rung them to explain my possible predicament, this will not happen, but I'm concerned that it may not be up to them.

The thing is I'm not even sure if I have used the same code twice but have no way of checking and Ticketek are unable to check either.

Admin on U2.COM have been suggesting we should contact Live Nation with these issues, so that is what I'm doing.

Any information or advise you can give me would be great appreciated.

Regards,

Nick

Here's the response

Hello,

Thank you for choosing Live Nation Merchandise.

Presale times are:

The presale for the 5 New Zealand and Australian shows begins this week. The times are as follows:

Group 1 (Horizon, Breathe, Magnificent, Boots) - Begins Thurs. 26 Aug. 11AM and ends Mon. Aug. 30 at 12noon.

Group 2 (Cedar) - Begins Mon. 30 Aug. 1PM local and ends Wed. 1 Sept. 12noon.

All times are local.

All new members are in the CEDAR group.

Free members are not eligible for a presale code.

If you are trying to locate your presale code, please go to the "New Zealand/Australia Presale Info Here" link afteryou have logged in and it will be there before your presale is due to begin.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Becky

Live Nation Merchandise Customer Service

Toll Free (US): 800.767.7160

International: 001-434-244-7300

So at this point I give up and am going to presume my ticketek contacts will help me resolve the issue and allow me to keep my 5 tickets if it comes down to it.

Sorry to quote my own post, but maybe the response I got which in know way answered my question was a subtle way of telling me to buy more tickets ??? (And potentially risk stuffing up my code combo even more).

[quote name='bjc wrote:

Nniixx']Tomfoolery & shenanigans thought it was time they were bandied about again.

roll.gifwink.gifwink.gifroll.giflaugh.gifroll.gifwink.gif

Gee, it isn't that difficult to coordinate the presale TIME between ticketek/ticketmaster and u2.com  is it?! Is ANYTHING for sure?!

At this link http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=U2FANGPA10 it says this

U2 FAN CLUB
Pre-sale starts
:
Thu 26 Aug, 11am
Pre-sale ends*
:
Mon 30 Aug, noon
General public on sale
:
Fri 3 Sep, 9am

A pre-sale is an opportunity to secure tickets prior to the General Public, not a preferential seating service.

A selection of seating throughout the venue is made available for pre-sales.

*Or until pre-sale allocation is sold out.

On sale times are quoted in local time.

TICKET LIMIT:
4 ticket per city per member

You must also be a My Ticketek member to buy online.

At this link http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=U2FANGPB10 it says

U2 FAN CLUB
Pre-sale starts
:
Mon 30 Aug, 1pm
Pre-sale ends*
:
Wed 1 Sep, noon
General public on sale
:
Fri 3 Sep, 9am

A pre-sale is an opportunity to secure tickets prior to the General Public, not a preferential seating service.

TICKET LIMIT:

Ticket Prices:

Standing: $99.90

P1 Seating: $299.90

P2 Seating: $229.90

P3 Seating: $174.90

P4 Seating: $109.90

P5 Seating: $39.90

RED ZONE: $349.50

Transaction fees from $18 per transaction apply.

So it does appear that there are 2 different links for Ticketek Australia even though the links from the presales page http://www.u2.com/tour/presale both point to the A lin kand no mention of the B link.

Just received my email (turns out we were allowed a lunchbreak from the all day meeting!)

you can enter the NZ/AUS presales from Mon 30 Aug, 3pm AEST – Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne (5pm Auckland; 1pm Perth).

You'll be able to purchase up to FOUR TICKETS for any ONE show in a single transaction.

The presale window will close Wed 1 Sep, noon AEST – Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne (2pm Auckland; 10am Perth).

In order to take part you will need your PERSONAL PRESALE ACCESS CODE which you will see below.

YOUR PERSONAL PRESALE ACCESS CODE:

Nice to receive an email before the presale, and to have confirmation of the start time. I'm guessing the staggered time zones gave them grief on "Presale A" so that's why they've gone away from local time for "Presale B"?

Yes the link http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=U2FANGPB10 does now show

U2 FAN CLUB
Pre-sale starts
:
Mon 30 Aug, 3pm
Pre-sale ends*
:
Wed 1 Sep, noon
General public on sale
:
Fri 3 Sep, 9am

TICKET LIMIT:

Ticket Prices:

Standing: $99.90

P5 Seating: $39.90

RED ZONE: $349.50

Transaction fees from $18 per transaction apply.

So it starts at 5pm Auckland?
According to this http://premier.ticketek.co.nz/shows/show.aspx?sh=U2FANGPB10 yes

U2 FAN CLUB
Pre-sale starts : Mon 30 Aug, 5pm
Pre-sale ends* : Wed 1 Sep, 2pm
General public on sale : Fri 3 Sep, 9am

TICKET LIMIT: 4 ticket per city per member

Become a My Ticketek member NOW!

Ticket Prices:

P5 Standing: $99.90

P6 RED ZONE: $349.50

P7 Seating: $39.90

Transaction fees apply.

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:

loocarmen']So it starts at 5pm Auckland?

According to this http://premier.ticketek.co.nz/shows/show.aspx?sh=U2FANGPB10 yes

U2 FAN CLUB
Pre-sale starts
:
Mon 30 Aug, 5pm
Pre-sale ends*
:
Wed 1 Sep, 2pm
General public on sale
:
Fri 3 Sep, 9am

TICKET LIMIT:

Ticket Prices:

Transaction fees apply.

Thank you :) I'm so afraid if I leave my computer to go to lunch, I'll miss out if they change the time again. GRRR.

[quote name='loocarmen wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

loocarmen']So it starts at 5pm Auckland?

According to this
yes

U2 FAN CLUB
Pre-sale starts:Mon 30 Aug, 5pm Pre-sale ends*:Wed 1 Sep, 2pm General public on sale:Fri 3 Sep, 9am

TICKET LIMIT:

Ticket Prices:

Transaction fees apply.

Thank you :) I'm so afraid if I leave my computer to go to lunch, I'll miss out if they change the time again. GRRR.

And deos that mean you have to stay at work late in case you get stuck in the traffic getting home or something. Not that 5pm is late but you know what I mean.

I wonder why they have changed it.

Effectively it means that all tickets go on sale at the same time rather than NZ, then Aus Eastern States, then Aus WA.

And it still states 4 Tickets per city per member

Seriously, between LiveNation, U2.com, Ticketek and Ticketmaster you'd be hard pressed to find a braincell. 

so any honest full confirmation what time for brisbane tickets today... and what link is the best one? the u2.com site links this link

http://premier.ticketek.c.../show.aspx?sh=U2FANGPA10

which actually says presale ends today at 12 noon so tis obviously the the group 1 fan club presale...

what about group 2? todays group

any help would be much appreciated... lots of discrepencys.. ill try at 12 and 1 and 3 whatever it takes but would just help to be on the right ticketek link

And it still states 4 Tickets per city per member
Seriously, between LiveNation, U2.com, Ticketek and Ticketmaster you'd be hard pressed to find a braincell. 
Yeah I did notice that but didn't want to bring it up again.eyes.gif

so any honest full confirmation what time for brisbane tickets today... and what link is the best one? the u2.com site links this link

http://premier.ticketek.c.../show.aspx?sh=U2FANGPA10

which actually says presale ends today at 12 noon so tis obviously the the group 1 fan club presale...

what about group 2? todays group

any help would be much appreciated... lots of discrepencys.. ill try at 12 and 1 and 3 whatever it takes but would just help to be on the right ticketek link

I'd use this link for Brisbane at 3.00pm if I was you.

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=U2FANGPB10

And I would go to that link and bookmark it.

Set up your ticketek account beforehand and login.

Then click on your bookmark and you will be logged in an on the pre-sale page.

Then keep refreshing every minute or so in the minutes leading up to the commencement of the sale and select the appropriate stadium then once the sale commences a code entry box will appear and your set to go.

thanks so much... thought it wasnt the other one because it takes to a place where it actually says sales end today at noon and the stadium and code entry box are already available.. didnt want to enter my code just incase it voided it and im pretty sure my code is for the other link when it comes on at 3 today

thanks so much... thought it wasnt the other one because it takes to a place where it actually says sales end today at noon and the stadium and code entry box are already available.. didnt want to enter my code just incase it voided it and im pretty sure my code is for the other link when it comes on at 3 today
That's what I'd be doing i reckon heaps of poeple will be going to the other link and then coming here saying their code is not working.

I have purchased well over 4 tickets for the Auckland show as my husband and I are both members and have more than one code each. I then heard there may be a limit of 4 per member per show.... so promptly phoned Ticketek to either cancel some tickets or get the ok for my purchases - I have now gotten e mail confirmation that the only guideline they have is 4 tickets per code/transaction ie; if you have 3 codes you can get 12 tickets. I then thought I'd do one last check and phoned the US number for u2.com and was also told provided I was only doing 4 tickets per code I was ok, even if for the same show. My God, the stress of it all! I have ensured that all these e mails are saved and if they try to cancel them further down the track there will be some hell to pay - especially seeing as one of the recipients of the tickets is a Solicitor! Please note that  refers to the Auckland show, Australia may be well be different again. Good luck to you all!

The links on the pre-sales page for the second group now appear to have been updated to the B link instead of the A link (other than Briisbane which is still pointing to the A link).

But Brisbane can just use the Sydney Group 2 link as it's the same website for Syd & Bris.

I have purchased well over 4 tickets for the Auckland show as my husband and I are both members and have more than one code each. I then heard there may be a limit of 4 per member per show.... so promptly phoned Ticketek to either cancel some tickets or get the ok for my purchases - I have now gotten e mail confirmation that the only guideline they have is 4 tickets per code/transaction ie; if you have 3 codes you can get 12 tickets. I then thought I'd do one last check and phoned the US number for u2.com and was also told provided I was only doing 4 tickets per code I was ok, even if for the same show. My God, the stress of it all! I have ensured that all these e mails are saved and if they try to cancel them further down the track there will be some hell to pay - especially seeing as one of the recipients of the tickets is a Solicitor! Please note that  refers to the Auckland show, Australia may be well be different again. Good luck to you all!
My email to live nation http://community.u2.com/reply/510465/t/-S-OFFICIAL-U2---PRESALE-TIMES-UPDATE-8-23-2010-2-pm-PST-.html#reply-510465 was responded to with a generic reply by the look of things.

I have already had a phone conversation with Ticketek who assure me they "will work things out" as my 2 codes entitle me to 8 tickets and I only bought 5 even if it was all using 1 code by accident.