Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Yeah you are right regards GA and RZ. Just remeber for GA q-don't have one person qing for like 6 people and be kind to all others :) especially short people roll.gif

Yes! short asian girl here only 5 feet :( be niceee! :D

Im not a subcriber but are there any red zone tix left for sydney 13th Dec?
No one knows.

[quote name='SandSCreative wrote:

davcra wrote:

GnomeGirl']I guess some fanclub money isn't as good as other people's. We don't get an allocation of all ticket options (ie no RZ) in Cedar. U2 would be the last group I'd ever think would be guilty of discrimination but there it is.

Sorry you didn't get what you wanted but for people like myself who have been loyal paying customers of this site since it began, even through all the quiet times, it is a just reward for hanging in there to get first pick of the ticket bunch. 
And that is fair enough. You guys do deserve the first pick. But it looks like what has happened is that all of the really good stuff in the presale went before Cedar got to play, and now, having just spoken to Ticketek, the public sale is going to start with better tickets than Cedar got offered too. Which does kind of suck. Public sales of these kinds of events are a nightmare, with the Ticketek site usually going on meltdown, but ... "they" really should have kept some of the good stuff for Cedar. We may not have been long term members of the fan club, but we have joined it, that shouldn't put you at a disadvantage over people that have not should it??

I totally agree with you. If they allocate further RZ tickets to the general public and didn't first offer them to the Cedar group then that is just plain wrong. 

Remember there are only around 300 spots in the Red Zone - that's only 150 fan club members if they buy two. So not many really, and it goes without saying they should ALL go to LOYAL fan club members who have been with the site before the Aust tour was announced and not just joined as Johhny-Come-Lateleys.

I really can't believe the ingratitude some people have about the pre-sale system, how much better is it than the old days when you would have to spend a cold night out on the pavement to line up, and even then you weren't guaranteed a good seat. I remember Lovetown in 1989, I joined the ticket queue 12 hours before the box office opened and still only got seats about 100 rows back. Now you just do it from the comfort of work and home and the whole thing takes 5-10 minutes max.

For those with GA tickets, there is the opportunity to have even a better spot than in the Red Zone by getting to the stadium nice and early and you are paying $250 less for the privilage.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that loyal fans should not have first choice. Just as long as Not-Come-At-Alls don't get offered better tix than the Johhny-Come-Lateleys. If that were the case, the whinging would be perfectly justified don't you think?

[quote name='loocarmen wrote:

airwalk74']Yeah you are right regards GA and RZ. Just remeber for GA q-don't have one person qing for like 6 people and be kind to all others
:)
especially short people
roll.gif

Yes! short asian girl here only 5 feet :( be niceee! :DShoud your user name be Lowcarmen then ? I think my son who turned 11 today is 2 inches taller than you.

moscow_horizon']Remember there are only around 300 spots in the Red Zone - that's only 150 fan club members if they buy two. So not many really, and it goes without saying they should ALL go to LOYAL fan club members who have been with the site before the Aust tour was announced and not just joined as Johhny-Come-Lateleys.

I really can't believe the ingratitude some people have about the pre-sale system, how much better is it than the old days when you would have to spend a cold night out on the pavement to line up, and even then you weren't guaranteed a good seat. I remember Lovetown in 1989, I joined the ticket queue 12 hours before the box office opened and still only got seats about 100 rows back. Now you just do it from the comfort of work and home and the whole thing takes 5-10 minutes max.

For those with GA tickets, there is the opportunity to have even a better spot than in the Red Zone by getting to the stadium nice and early and you are paying $250 less for the privilage.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that loyal fans should not have first choice. Just as long as Not-Come-At-Alls don't get offered better tix than the Johhny-Come-Lateleys. If that were the case, the whinging would be perfectly justified don't you think?

I don't think we (Cedar) are not being offered the RZ tickets, we are all being offered it on Friday. The presale just promises a certain allocation earlier than the general public. And because we joined later than Group 1, they got the advantage and now RZ are sold out for this allocation. We sitll have a chance on Friday.

I think we still hold an advantage, last time U2 came, I sat in front of the computer for 2 hours  for the public sale because the pages took ages to load and I didn't get any tickets. At least with the presale we're given a chance to tickets.

I still think the system's incredibly inefiicient though.

[quote name='loocarmen wrote:

SandSCreative wrote:

moscow_horizon']Remember there are only around 300 spots in the Red Zone - that's only 150 fan club members if they buy two. So not many really, and it goes without saying they should ALL go to LOYAL fan club members who have been with the site before the Aust tour was announced and not just joined as Johhny-Come-Lateleys.

I don't think we (Cedar) are not being offered the RZ tickets, we are all being offered it on Friday. The presale just promises a certain allocation earlier than the general public. And because we joined later than Group 1, they got the advantage and now RZ are sold out for this allocation. We sitll have a chance on Friday.

I think we still hold an advantage, last time U2 came, I sat in front of the computer for 2 hours  for the public sale because the pages took ages to load and I didn't get any tickets. At least with the presale we're given a chance to tickets.

I still think the system's incredibly inefiicient though.I just think it would have been nice to have held a couple for the 2nd presale. I'm not suggesting giving less to the loyal .. long term fan club members, just if there are bunch of em left for the public sale, some of them should have been earmarked for the 2nd presale group ... that's all. Yes, generally a presale is way way way better than the public sale .... public sales of big events are the dictionary definition of frustrating.

Can't believe so many people want to pay 3.5x over the odds for Red Zone tix anyway. Not as good as the regular GA tix in my opinion.

Also, the last post I made went in as "Kiley" for some reason. There's a new charming quirk from the site!

Can't believe so many people want to pay 3.5x over the odds for Red Zone tix anyway. Not as good as the regular GA tix in my opinion.

Also, the last post I made went in as "Kiley" for some reason. There's a new charming quirk from the site!

That ones been popping up and down like a brides nighty over the last week.

Oh I've been Kiley before too!

Love it. 

And yes. Absolutely agree about RedZone being a total rip. GA all the way.

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:

loocarmen wrote:

airwalk74']Yeah you are right regards GA and RZ. Just remeber for GA q-don't have one person qing for like 6 people and be kind to all others
especially short people
roll.gif

Yes! short asian girl here only 5 feet
:(
be niceee!
:DShoud your user name be Lowcarmen then ? I think my son who turned 11 today is 2 inches taller than you.

laugh.gif Well I am 4 feet 11 and a half inches - always thought they should measure and weigh people for concerts(measure-then up the front for me) and air flights(weigh-then I can take extra baggage)

only intend to go for jay z...

Not interested in Jay Z(he's Beyonces boyfriend right? ) at all-will probably have a nap while he is ontired.gif - maybe we won't boo and tell him to get off like we did to Kanye. At least in the US I saw BEP and Muse-decent support acts.wink.gif

Agreed, but I am 99% sure there are no RZ tickets left, they all went in the initial allocation. I would bet London to a brick they will not be available for the general public allocation.

[quote name='airwalk74 wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

loocarmen wrote:

especially short people
roll.gif

Yes! short asian girl here only 5 feet
:(
be niceee!
:D
Shoud your user name be Lowcarmen then ? I think my son who turned 11 today is 2 inches taller than you.

laugh.gif Well I am 4 feet 11 and a half inches - always thought they should measure and weigh people for concerts(measure-then up the front for me) and air flights(weigh-then I can take extra baggage)

Agree about the air flights thing especially when compared to some not so small person who should be paying for two seats.

Guys, are GA tickets being posted out? The FAQs say they should be but I would just like a confirmation from those who already bought tickets.

[quote name='moscow_horizon wrote:

SandSCreative wrote:

Agreed, but I am 99% sure there are no RZ tickets left, they all went in the initial allocation. I would bet London to a brick they will not be available for the general public allocation.Okay, but permission to get vexed if that turns out not to be the case.

[quote name='bluehammer wrote:

moscow_horizon']I really can't believe the ingratitude some people have about the pre-sale system, how much better is it than the old days when you would have to spend a cold night out on the pavement to line up, and even then you weren't guaranteed a good seat. 

Did you have to pay $50 a year for the camping-on-concrete privilege?

Ingratitude? Most people would be perfectly grateful if the system worked. 

I would bet there will be RedZone tickets on sale on Friday to the public. 

Users who pay their money have every right to demand that the pre-sale code system is clear and effective. If tickets sell out, well so be it. But if you can't nab a ticket because your pre-sale code doesn't work, that is a disgrace. 

"It's better than how it used to be" isn't a fair defence. Technology has advanced, communication is easier via so many channels that never existed (email/twitter/bookface/forums/websites), yet the messages are still inconsistent, wrong, and riddled with basic technical problems, ie codes showing up as used when they are not. 

So... gratitude doesn't seem to be too warranted by the entire community. I got the tickets I'm after so this is not sour grapes. I just think there's nothing wrong at all with demand a quality of service for an expensive membership. 

The system worked fine if you read the information on this site and followed instructions exactly and didn't panic.

The membership isn't that expensive if you factor in the CD you get, which you could probably sell on eBay for at least $30.

I would bet with confidence there will be NO RedZone tickets on sale on Friday to the public. 

I don't think the people who didn't get theirs panicked(and there was no info in the email sent to subscribers or on this page http://www.u2.com/tour/presale or http://community.u2.com/topic/18451. Shouldn't need to read convuluted rules to buy the tix-like others who bought footy final tix today you should be able to enter code, view available tix and then try again if the tickets are shit without being frozen out. There were problems over the weekend in the first presale and now seems worse today). I had trouble as couldn't get RZ and they sold out when I was on the phone to TM-we aren't stupid as I told TM guy, its their system. And sell the CD on ebay-simple supply and demand will tell you there will be a few people trying to do that so don't think $30 will be what you will make(if it ever arrives). And $50 isn't cheap for all those who did not get tickets. Appreciate it is your opinion but don't think your comments are helpful to those angry people out there.

I got my tickets - but I don't think the people who didn't get there's panicked. I had trouble as couldn't get RZ and they sold out when I was on the phone to TM-we aren't stupid as I told TM guy, its their system. And sell the CD on ebay-simple supply and demand will tell you there will be a few people trying to do that so don't think $30 will be what you will make(if it ever arrives). And $50 isn't cheap for all those who did not get tickets. Appreciate it is your opinion but don't think your comments are helpful to those angry people out there.

Guys, are GA tickets being posted out? The FAQs say they should be but I would just like a confirmation from those who already bought tickets.
You have to pick up the GA tickets. For ticketek purchases at least. Not sure on ticketmaster. You can do so at the venue or city box office after  September 3rd....  check the site for locations and  opening hrs...