Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Recommended Posts

[quote name='sal71 wrote:


HollyHood']Guys, are GA tickets being posted out? The FAQs say they should be but I would just like a confirmation from those who already bought tickets.

You have to pick up the GA tickets. For ticketek purchases at least. Not sure on ticketmaster. You can do so at the venue or city box office after  September 3rd....  check the site for locations and  opening hrs...  

 

I got GA tickets for Auckland and they are being couriered to me. When purchasing tickets there was a choice of delivery options. I chose courier rather than post because it was only a few dollars more and I didn't want to take any chance that the tickets could go missing! Combined cost for courier and Ticketek service fee was NZD23 on top of ticket price. Hope that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='KiaKaha wrote:


sal71 wrote:

HollyHood']Guys, are GA tickets being posted out? The FAQs say they should be but I would just like a confirmation from those who already bought tickets.

You have to pick up the GA tickets. For ticketek purchases at least. Not sure on ticketmaster. You can do so at the venue or city box office after  September 3rd....  check the site for locations and  opening hrs...  

 

I got GA tickets for Auckland and they are being couriered to me. When purchasing tickets there was a choice of delivery options. I chose courier rather than post because it was only a few dollars more and I didn't want to take any chance that the tickets could go missing! Combined cost for courier and Ticketek service fee was NZD23 on top of ticket price. Hope that helps.

 

Thanks, but I'll be going to the Perth show so the tickets are handled by TicketMaster. I'm a bit worried as I will be using someone's credit card (with permission, of course) and if TicketMaster asks me to pick up the tickets instead, I wouldn't be able to present the card I used to purchase them. ohwell.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

 

I tried getting tickets to the Auckland show through Ticketek. I successfully got into the section of the website where you can select tickets using my Cedar Presale code starting with 3U2. However I was not able to select the tickets i wanted, instead Ticketek selected the most expensive tickets for me. I didn't complete the transaction, and tried again by going back. However when I put in the code it doesn't work. Ticketek says the code is invalid. Please Help.

 

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifNniixx wrote:


airwalk74 wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

loocarmen wrote:

airwalk74']Yeah you are right regards GA and RZ. Just remeber for GA q-don't have one person qing for like 6 people and be kind to all others
:)
especially short people
roll.gif

 

Yes! short asian girl here only 5 feet
:(
be niceee!
:D
Shoud your user name be Lowcarmen then ? I think my son who turned 11 today is 2 inches taller than you.

 

laugh.gif

Well I am 4 feet 11 and a half inches - always thought they should measure and weigh people for concerts(measure-then up the front for me) and air flights(weigh-then I can take extra baggage)

 

Agree about the air flights thing especially when compared to some not so small person who should be paying for two seats.

 

 

lol! "not so small" i suppose that was polite roll.gif  

there should be a system to accomodate the little ones to be on a standing platform i.e under 5'5 should be in the first 2 row with platform

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='Secret_Agent wrote:


roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

Nniixx wrote:

airwalk74 wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

loocarmen wrote:

airwalk74']Yeah you are right regards GA and RZ. Just remeber for GA q-don't have one person qing for like 6 people and be kind to all others
:)
especially short people
roll.gif

 

Yes! short asian girl here only 5 feet
:(
be niceee!
:D
Shoud your user name be Lowcarmen then ? I think my son who turned 11 today is 2 inches taller than you.

 

laugh.gif

Well I am 4 feet 11 and a half inches - always thought they should measure and weigh people for concerts(measure-then up the front for me) and air flights(weigh-then I can take extra baggage)

 

Agree about the air flights thing especially when compared to some not so small person who should be paying for two seats.

 

 

lol! "not so small" i suppose that was polite roll.gif  

there should be a system to accomodate the little ones to be on a standing platform i.e under 5'5 should be in the first 2 row with platform

Good luck to all the shorties!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had the same problem as Shanksnz. I logged out because I couldn't get standing tickets went to log back in and my code no longer works, anyone got a solution?

 

Here's hoping

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have had the same problem as Shanksnz. I logged out because I couldn't get standing tickets went to log back in and my code no longer works, anyone got a solution?

 

Here's hoping

Suggest you detail your problem here: http://community.u2.com/topic/18539 like Shanksnz and others have done. Good luck getting some resolution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='bluehammer wrote:


Polso']Can't believe so many people want to pay 3.5x over the odds for Red Zone tix anyway. Not as good as the regular GA tix in my opinion.

 

Also, the last post I made went in as "Kiley" for some reason. There's a new charming quirk from the site!

Oh I've been Kiley before too!

Love it. 

And yes. Absolutely agree about RedZone being a total rip. GA all the way.
Kiley has many personalities.... I was her too a few times
GA for me. Auckland then Sydney. Will try the circle in Auckland but maybe outside for Sydney to take in the show. As RZ are only on the side, and outside the circle, they are not the best in the house. Just remember why you are paying $349 for the privilege. You are donating $250 to charity and $99 for the ticket. Or is that not why you bought the RZ tickets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='Secret_Agent wrote:


roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

Nniixx wrote:

airwalk74 wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

loocarmen wrote:

airwalk74']Yeah you are right regards GA and RZ. Just remeber for GA q-don't have one person qing for like 6 people and be kind to all others
:)
especially short people
roll.gif

 

Yes! short asian girl here only 5 feet
:(
be niceee!
:D
Shoud your user name be Lowcarmen then ? I think my son who turned 11 today is 2 inches taller than you.

 

laugh.gif

Well I am 4 feet 11 and a half inches - always thought they should measure and weigh people for concerts(measure-then up the front for me) and air flights(weigh-then I can take extra baggage)

 

Agree about the air flights thing especially when compared to some not so small person who should be paying for two seats.

 

 

lol! "not so small" i suppose that was polite roll.gif  

there should be a system to accomodate the little ones to be on a standing platform i.e under 5'5 should be in the first 2 row with platformI like you happy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='HollyHood wrote:


KiaKaha wrote:

sal71 wrote:

HollyHood']Guys, are GA tickets being posted out? The FAQs say they should be but I would just like a confirmation from those who already bought tickets.

You have to pick up the GA tickets. For ticketek purchases at least. Not sure on ticketmaster. You can do so at the venue or city box office after  September 3rd....  check the site for locations and  opening hrs...  

 

I got GA tickets for Auckland and they are being couriered to me. When purchasing tickets there was a choice of delivery options. I chose courier rather than post because it was only a few dollars more and I didn't want to take any chance that the tickets could go missing! Combined cost for courier and Ticketek service fee was NZD23 on top of ticket price. Hope that helps.

 

Thanks, but I'll be going to the Perth show so the tickets are handled by TicketMaster. I'm a bit worried as I will be using someone's credit card (with permission, of course) and if TicketMaster asks me to pick up the tickets instead, I wouldn't be able to present the card I used to purchase them. ohwell.gif

 

Ring ticketmaster. if you take a signed letter by the card holder, or change the pickup details beforehand, they are normally accommodating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And you should be able to print out the confirmation email received by the TM account holder as well? Shoudln't be a problem to pick them up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:


loocarmen wrote:

bluehammer wrote:

KiaKaha']

I'm gutted there were no Auckland RZ tickets left for Group 2. Still, glad the RZ tickets went to die hard U2 fans in Group 1 rather than just rich members of the general public. Got my GA tickets and will be lining up early to get near the front. Hopefully won't be too far away from you lucky RZ people. See you there!!!

 

 

GA is better than Redzone. You've saved $500 and got a better spot. 

 

Really Bluehammer? But you'd have to og real early to get a good spot right?

Yeah GA can get you into the inner circle I believe (if you get there early enough) either that or just push through and tell everyone your mates are in there and you're on your way back from the toilet.

 

Or dress in a suit and look official.

 

I take it you are joking here. If you try this stunt you could be subjected to a quick slap to the head tongue.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is going to be my first concert. I was able to score 3 GA tickets. What happens if you are at the front fence but need to take a dump/leak? Are people able to get back to their original spots?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well last back in 2006 I did hear that the reason the first Sydney show sold out so quick was that it was all pretty much gone to pre-sales and promotors freebies.
I'm thinking it had more to do with the fact it was U2's first Sydney concert for eight years and it was on a Friday night in November eyes.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Megamaneo wrote:


This is goingto be my first concert. I was able to score 3 GA tickets. What happensif you are at the front fence but need to take a dump/leak? Are peopleable to get back to their original spots?

 

Last U2 concert they were cool for GA in Melbs-we got stamps on our neck to get out but that was very early-otherwise invest in a colostomy bag or other appartatus roll.gif Do not try the my friends are at the front trick or you will get a slap in the head mad.gif (Everyone is reasonable up to a point)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='bluehammer wrote:


HollyHood wrote:

KiaKaha wrote:

sal71 wrote:

HollyHood wrote:

Guys, are GA tickets being posted out? The FAQs say they should be but I would just like a confirmation from those who already bought tickets.

You have to pick up the GA tickets. For ticketek purchases at least. Not sure on ticketmaster. You can do so at the venue or city box office after  September 3rd....  check the site for locations and  opening hrs...  

 

I got GA tickets for Auckland and they are being couriered to me. When purchasing tickets there was a choice of delivery options. I chose courier rather than post because it was only a few dollars more and I didn't want to take any chance that the tickets could go missing! Combined cost for courier and Ticketek service fee was NZD23 on top of ticket price. Hope that helps.

 

Thanks, but I'll be going to the Perth show so the tickets are handled by TicketMaster. I'm a bit worried as I will be using someone's credit card (with permission, of course) and if TicketMaster asks me to pick up the tickets instead, I wouldn't be able to present the card I used to purchase them.
ohwell.gif

 

Ring ticketmaster. if you take a signed letter by the card holder, or change the pickup details beforehand, they are normally accommodating. 

 

airwalk74']And you should be able to print out the confirmation email received by the TM account holder as well? Shoudln't be a problem to pick them up.

The TM web site says the card should be presented. I have already inquired and now am waiting for the response. Will post when I receive it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just hoping we get a pre-sale crack at the second shows, and that Ticketek doesn't just open them up to Joe Public without any notice.

 

It is unusual for second shows (if they happen) to have a presale, as they go on sale the same day the first show sells out - Baja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I agree.  Kind of sucks that there are no RZ tickets but paid $300 for best seated option instead.  Thing that really gets me is Ticketek charging $20 to put the ticket in an envelope to send to me.... :/

I bought 4 P1 tickets and the transaction fee was $19.30. That's $300 a ticket with fee of less than $5 per ticket. Nothing abnormal there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

would be a good idea to get proper stadium maps done for this event re: price levels/categories

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You can't gripe too much about not getting Red Zone tickets in the presale. To be fair they didn't have to presale any particular tickets and the majority of people that have already bought them were subscribing to this website since before there was even an Aus/NZ tour announced! Fair play to them.

 

That being said, anyone scapling tickets (RZ or otherwise) should themselves be scalped.

 

Although RZ would be cool, I was in pretty cheap seated tix at ANZ Stadium in Brisbane last tour and guess what?

 

IT WAS STILL AWESOME!

 

IT WILL BE AWESOME AGAIN!

Well said. You may stay in the Zoo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gutted there were no Auckland RZ tickets left for Group 2. Still, glad the RZ tickets went to die hard U2 fans in Group 1 rather than just rich members of the general public. Got my GA tickets and will be lining up early to get near the front. Hopefully won't be too far away from you lucky RZ people. See you there!!!

 

 

 

Yep you can stay as well. Welcome to the Zoo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of curiosity - all the new Cedar people.... can you access any of the other "Community" sections (photos, blogs etc)??

 

The message board is the only thing under the Community tab that works for me, not even My Home - it flashes for a second then says this website cannot be found. I seem to remember someone mentioning this many many pages ago and wondered if it was with all the new people.

 

WE relaunched the site, and still have some tech gremlins. Tech is aware and fixing it - Baja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='kings wrote:


FozzieTehBear']I agree.  Kind of sucks that there are no RZ tickets but paid $300 for best seated option instead.  Thing that really gets me is Ticketek charging $20 to put the ticket in an envelope to send to me.... :/

I bought 4 P1 tickets and the transaction fee was $19.30. That's $300 a ticket with fee of less than $5 per ticket. Nothing abnormal there.

Its the same fee if you buy one ticket-its unreasonable-Almost $120 for a GA ticket via normal mail

Seat location: section GENADM

Total Charge: AU $118.20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='airwalk74 wrote:


kings wrote:

FozzieTehBear']I agree.  Kind of sucks that there are no RZ tickets but paid $300 for best seated option instead.  Thing that really gets me is Ticketek charging $20 to put the ticket in an envelope to send to me.... :/

I bought 4 P1 tickets and the transaction fee was $19.30. That's $300 a ticket with fee of less than $5 per ticket. Nothing abnormal there.

Its the same fee if you buy one ticket-its unreasonable-Almost $120 for a GA ticket via normal mail

Seat location: section GENADM

Total Charge: AU $118.20

 

Buy in bulk and save. Take some friends tongue.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...