Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Do you have to be a paid subscription to get presale tickets?

Can someone please answer this question that is burning in my mind.

When you say presale for members...do you mean u2.com members...or ticketek members?? Ticketek usually has presales for their shows for ticketek members!

SO will there be two presales...one say 6 days in advance for u2.com members...

then the usual 3 days in advance for ticketek members.

Help!

The presale is no good to me if I can't renew and the renewal page gets a 500 (internal server) error. Help me, u2.com mods, you're my only hope!

[quote name='voxxiegirl wrote:

ausguy70']Do you have to be a paid subscription to get presale tickets?

Can someone please answer this question that is burning in my mind.

When you say presale for members...do you mean u2.com members...or ticketek members?? Ticketek usually has presales for their shows for ticketek members!

SO will there be two presales...one say 6 days in advance for u2.com members...

then the usual 3 days in advance for ticketek members.

There will be a bunch of different presales.

When people here talk about presales for members, they refer to subscribing members of U2.COM.  We get the first pre-sale above all others, in order of category, based on tenure in the fanclub.  Tenure meaning ongoing membership since Vertigo without letting membership lapse.

Sales for Melbourne go on sale on 03 September.  There are also presales scheduled for members (possibly season ticket holders) of the stadium where the show will be and members of live nation starting on the afternoon of 01 September.

U2.COM members will likely have their sales one day before, with the top tier going in the morning and the next groups following later in the day and on the morning of the first. I am suggesting this based upon my experience buying tickets for 3 other legs of this tour.  The dates may be different. maybe 2 days before the other presales, who knows?

The site will post the details and also send emails to members.  Check your email linked to your U2.Com account regularly or come in here regularly to check.  Sometimes you aren't given much notice prior to presales!  Sometimes the email notifications are not reliable as they come late!  Check in here regularly!  The moderators will update the initial post in this thread with all the information you will need.

Help!

The presale is no good to me if I can't renew and the renewal page gets a 500 (internal server) error. Help me, u2.com mods, you're my only hope!

Me too!

BW...sent you a PM a few days ago!

This is a great day for all us aussie fans who've been waiting for so long to hear this news :)

I laughed, I cried, and now I sing my heart out :) .... 'cos that's how I roll. And they'll be here in Melbourne on my birthday too!

And now the excitement, anxiety, until we get those tickets in our hot little hands... let's hope the pre-sale process will go smoothly for all. *stay calm* *stay calm* :)

eek.gif does any body know how many tix we can get (only need 4 im not reselling or anything) when would second show be announced & when are tix on sale stupid question how do we know wich group we are

This is a great day for all us aussie fans who've been waiting for so long to hear this news :)

I laughed, I cried, and now I sing my heart out :) .... 'cos that's how I roll. And they'll be here in Melbourne on my birthday too!

And now the excitement, anxiety, until we get those tickets in our hot little hands... let's hope the pre-sale process will go smoothly for all. *stay calm* *stay calm* :)

hey girl

where have you been?

Excited about the shows?? Will you be going to them all? I really want to go to Perth. A mate of mine lives in Perth and we hung out in Sydney GA line up...this time it'd be cool to do the same in Perth!! Umbrellas and evrything!!!

I'm not sure which ones I will be attending - all up in the air with my shift work...and impossible to take time off work because I am going to Ireland in late DEc!!!!

SOOOOOOO Going to see U2 in my homeland...then going to their homeland - I am mighty excited!!!!!

Ohhhh and I just realised...if they are touring now - it means that they will be home when I am there - I am coming to visit Bono!!!!!

:-))

eek.gif does any body know how many tix we can get (only need 4 im not reselling or anything) when would second show be announced & when are tix on sale stupid question how do we know wich group we are

http://www.u2.com/help/ <<< pre-sale frequently asked questions

you get 4 tickets per code.  Sometimes you have to use all 4 for one show (Europe) or 4 you can use to buy tickets to more than one show (North America).  Rules for Australia have not been announced. In your account info (look up top of this page on the right hand side and click on "account info") or your email where your code has been sent to you, it should tell you your category.  You will probably get a new e-mail from U2.Com soon listing the tour dates, the pre-sale dates and your available codes for use.

additional shows are usually announced soon after the first show goes on sale or right around that time.

[quote name='Sarah Desiree wrote:

SoniaLaStrega']Help!

Me too!

Me three!

re: not being able to renew, Sonia, Sarah & Bente - still awaiting reply on report we sent regarding members not being able to renew, and have asked again just know whats going on with this issue and forwarded your names.

Did any of you report through Help index to Customer Service, and if so what response?

<Aussiegirl wrote: 

Personally I think if you weren't a subscriber by the time of the official announcement, you shouldnt be able to get a pre sale code..........that's my opinion of course :)

I agree. I've had it happen in other fanclubs. At least here you have priority system.

Update on subscription renewal issues - just been told that it all should be sorted for everyone by tomorrow...

thanks Bigwave, was just about to send you PM :)

NOW all they need to do is sort out either a new group and or no presale/new group issue for the newbie subscribers :D

When I joined up back in June when rumours of an Oz tour first started I did not receive a pre-sales code.

When I enquired via email I was told they would not be created until a concert in Sydney was announced and due to Bono's back injury that would not happen until 2011 after their rescheduled tours.

Well now they've announced it for December 2010 and tickets go on sale via ticketek in less than 12 days so should I start hounding support now or just wait patiently ?

I'm especially concerned that someone earlier in this thread claims to have signed up and received their pre-sales code already yet 2 months down the track I'm still waiting ?

Furthermore the Pre-Sales help page says that I should be able to see my pre-sales code on the Tours page, but I can't. In fact the Australian concerts don't even appear yet.

This means a lot to me as I took my then 7 1/2 year old 4 years ago but had to refuse my 2 1/2 year old as he was just too young. Now he's almost 7 and is raring to go. I had to camp out overnight last time and only just managed to get tickets and was 9th in the queue but at 43 I'm getting too old for that.

When I joined up back in June when rumours of an Oz tour first started I did not receive a pre-sales code.

When I enquired via email I was told they would not be created until a concert in Sydney was announced and due to Bono's back injury that would not happen until 2011 after their rescheduled tours.

Well now they've announced it for December 2010 and tickets go on sale via ticketek in less than 12 days so should I start hounding support now or just wait patiently ?

I'm especially concerned that someone earlier in this thread claims to have signed up and received their pre-sales code already yet 2 months down the track I'm still waiting ?

Furthermore the Pre-Sales help page says that I should be able to see my pre-sales code on the Tours page, but I can't. In fact the Australian concerts don;t even appear yet.

This means a lot to me as I took my then 7 1/2 year old 4 years ago but had to refuse my 2 1/2 year old as he was just too young. Now he's almost 7 and is raring to go. I had to camp out overnight last time and only just managed to get tickets and was 9th in the queue but at 43 I'm getting too old for that.

OMFG I just saw a post a few above mine that said somehting about checking for a valid email address in ACCOUNT INFO.

When I joined in June I couldn't get the account info page to work either at work or home in IE or Firefox or any other browser.

I just went there now and not only did I have my correct email address but on the left hand side was my GROUP and my PRE-SALESCODE.

I'm so excited I have tears in my eyes - I'm not a religious person - but someone is watching over me today.

Is it recommended that I sign up to get presale tickets? Also, how soon should I subscribe for it? Will I get my code straight away once I do?

Great news U2 360 tour down under :) awesome..... pitty about being mid week whats the go with that!!!!! not easy for those fans who live 3+ hours away from a venue closest to them... getting time off work if possible.... I have to have a reconsider if I can make it this time.... I went to Dublin for shows 1+2 but looks like I wont be able to make it to Melbourne and thats 3.5 hours away from home. If the shows where on a weekends I would be able to go to all shows and take my who family along to each show also but week day shows means its impossible to... leave my family home while Im off swanning about at a U2 gig I dont think that is fair on my family so its going to be a tough call if I make it or not. For those who havent seen any of the 360 tour and can make it you wont regret it, the show is the best an awesome experience I loved the 2 gigs I went to in Dublin (oh btw I was single in Dublin, not the case any longer :)....) go people and enjoy......... also my new partner wants me to go.... But I dont think its right to do so when she cant come along with me

Maybe weekend dates are already booked out ?

December is not that far away.

As I mendtioned before my 6 7/12 year old had been hanging for this for the last 4 years when, back then, he was devastingly told he was not going to the UUUUUU2222 CONCEEEEERRRRRRT as he put it.

We were just watching some video footage of him singing that the other night he said "You should have let me go" when I told him yesterday (Sunday) that they were coming out his eyes lit up like you would not believe.

I know the Sydney concert is a Monday night but this will be the first one all of the family will get to go to so we won't miss it for the world.

P.S RedCloud - yes you should subscribe now. Last time I missed out on tickets for the first concert and when I camped out overnight for the second I was 9th in the queue and people about 5 or so behind me missed out.

Thanks Nnixx. I'll subscribe I think. I can't miss them this time, who knows, they're getting old, this may be my last chance.

Nobody I know wants to go with me though :( I'll have to try some persuading or just go on my own.

I hope they sort out subscription renewal and presale access codes soon! Saw them twice in Europe last year and now that I've moved to Melbourne, I want to see them here!

Thanks Nnixx. I'll subscribe I think. I can't miss them this time, who knows, they're getting old, this may be my last chance.

Nobody I know wants to go with me though :( I'll have to try some persuading or just go on my own.

seriously? since when is 50 OLD? 50 is the new 40 remember and in 'rock' terms YOUNG, just ask BB King (80 and still going strong!)roll.gif

[quote name='one_bad_lemon wrote:

redcloud']Thanks Nnixx. I'll subscribe I think. I can't miss them this time, who knows,
they're getting old,
this may be my last chance.

Nobody I know wants to go with me though
:(
I'll have to try some persuading or just go on my own.

seriously? since when is 50 OLD? 50 is the new 40 remember and in 'rock' terms YOUNG, just ask BB King (80 and still going strong!)roll.gif

Yes just look at Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones, KISS.

Actually, maybe just look at U2.

To be honest when I took my eldest boy 4 years ago it was like some sort of surreal dream, me a huge fan since 81 taking my own son who at the time was just 7.

Now in some sort of deja vu I get to take my wife again (98 sinec she last went) and this time both my boys. So it will be dad almost 44, mum will have just turned 40 and my boys who will be 11 and almost 7.

Even more surreal, and hopefully not the last time, we'll see them.

I am an absolute noob. I just signed up with paid-subscription however had my email incorrect. Is there a way to rectify it so that I don't miss out on the pre-sale for the U2 Down Under tour?

EDIT: Sorry bout the questions, but does it mean anything if I am not in a priority group? It has N/a next to my presale codes.

I am an absolute noob. I just signed up with paid-subscription however had my email incorrect. Is there a way to rectify it so that I don't miss out on the pre-sale for the U2 Down Under tour?

EDIT: Sorry bout the questions, but does it mean anything if I am not in a priority group? It has N/a next to my presale codes.

If I was you I'd go here http://www.u2.com/service/profile/ and update your profile with the correct address and then go here http://www.u2.com/help/ and send them an email telling them what happened.

From memory your supposed to get an email that you have to open and then use a lilnk within it to confirm your email address, but I don't know what happens if you don't.

EDIT: I'm guessing that the N/As are because you have not confirmed your email address yet.

Get on to the help page and send them an email.