Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Its a bloody shame so many fans have been stuffed around-this youtube clip is from the year I first saw them live(wish I could relive that)I had bought my sister a ticket(not loounge-the name for GA back in the day) but as soon as the lights when down off we were like rabbits and over the barrier(at the salubrious Perh Entertainment Centre)and managed to get up the front as we are midgets and the crowd were nice(it was also my sisters birthday. They were the days.

(btw Also slept out overnight to get tix for Kiss but the next year swapped all my Kiss records for Beatles ones)

Okay, I'm just going to put this out there ... this isn't a criticism of U2 themselves, just an observation.

A few months ago another major band announced a tour of Australia, Metallica. Sure, not comparing apples and apples, but they are a band with a huge fan base. There was opportunity to join the fan club ahead of the ticket sales and that got you a code and invite to the presale. The Metallica presale was simple, if you were in the club you got a code. You were only allowed 4 tix per concert (I think) and there was a clear understanding that people buying more than their entitlement would have their tickets cancelled. Presale day for my city came around and it was simply a matter of logging into Ticketek with the code. You could go in and out as many times as you liked, select and cancel and select tickets to your heart's content until you got what you wanted. No groups getting all the good tickets, no codes not working, no forums getting filled with people complaining. Basically you were in fan club, you got good tickets. When extra dates were set, the fan club all got emails and invited to a presale of the new date, and were able to get good tickets using the same (still working) code. The whole thing was smooth and easy.

Oh, what I forgot to mention is that all their club members are invited to go into a draw to win a meet and greet with the band at the shows they got tickets for ... just an added little bonus for the fans.

Oh, what I forgot to mention is that all their club members are invited to go into a draw to win a meet and greet with the band at the shows they got tickets for ... just an added little bonus for the fans.

Maybe we coulld have a presale of tickets to go in the draw. LOL

bajagirl can you or someone else please tell me how to arrange a full refund of the $50 for u2.com subscription?

i was not given what i was promised when i signed up - not being able to use the code properly is a breach of the agreement - new codes are meaningless now for those that don't want a bad seat as there would not be any decent seats left available(ticketek, livenation, u2.com, u2 are all making megadollars off this and yet: in the presale people have to choose by price category only, well thats all well and good but the thing is, at least for the Sydney show, NO PROPER MAP DETAILING EXACTLY WHERE EACH PRICE CATEGORY BEGINS AND ENDS HAS EVER BEEN ISSUED ON ANY SITE OR EMAILED TO U2.COM AUS FANS, so its almost like you are choosing blindly, which is not very fair at all for the subscribers of u2.com...and also being forced to take the first tickets available(with 2nd code issued after the problem) or the code is rendered useless and the $50 is gone was never part of the original agreement, and with that kind of ultimatum if a mistake is made by a non-tech savvy person then they cannot try again.

surely this scenario is worthy and deserving of a refund?

thanks

There's no bonus on U2.com though is there(no personal attack Baja-you have been as helpful as you can). Thebonus is if your code worked or if you managed to get through to the US phone number to get a new one and then if you got the tix you wanted. I do think the least they can do is give codes for second concerts(the 1st ones will sell out and they are bringing these stages down here so they will have to announce second concerts)-cause trying to get tix with codes is so much funroll.gif

bajagirl can you or someone else please tell me how to arrange a full refund of the $50 for u2.com subscription?

surely this scenario is worthy and deserving of a refund?

thanks

Maybe PM bajagirl-as I am sure there are others who feel the same please pop result up here.

And was there a live nation presale?

This whole thing has been a complete scam and a disappointment. I unfortunately have not had the time to sit and phone USA all day and night, and have not had any luck with getting a new presales code.

I agree with you_two. Why is no map given showing the seat locations before one has to choose a category and tickets? Surely the people involved in this whole thing have done this before; I mean it is one of the biggest bloody bands in the world for $#@%sake. Why do they hire imbeciles to arrange their ticket sales?

Justin Bieber's crew could probably do a better job, and they are %#&*ing 10 years old.

If something had indeed been done to apologise and try and rectify the problem, more than just having poor old Baja dealing with ranting fans on a forum, then perhaps it would calm things down, but Ticketek does not have a clue, everyone is blaming someone else, and someone is sitting with our $50 having a quiet chuckle.

It is because of this lack of any proper assistance that I too do want my money back.

Please advise how a refund can get processed, and then I will give you a special secret access code so you can pay the money into my account, and if that code does not work within the allotted 20 seconds, please spend 10 hours trying to call me on the 15 different "busy" international phone numbers I give you while I actually just switch my phone off and chill out on the beach.

Please advise how a refund can get processed, and then I will give you a special secret access code so you can pay the money into my account, and if that code does not work within the allotted 20 seconds, please spend 10 hours trying to call me on the 15 different "busy" international phone numbers I give you while I actually just switch my phone off and chill out on the beach.

Chuckle laugh.gif

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:

SandSCreative wrote:

Bajagirl']
At this time, this is about as much as I can do. I apologize for the delay's, and want you to know we will be analyzing what happen so it does not happen again (ever).

IMO this presale was way way way more complicated than it needed to be, which made it far more likely to suffer from technical problems. Getting into a secret society is probably easier than buying in this presale for some people.

Is there really a need for a tiered fan group system?

Having codes cease to function after the initial logging in to the ticket system instead of once the entitled tickets had been purchased is crazy.

I hope all of this does not cost U2.com some fans.

Agreed. Once problems started arising things rapidly deteriorated.

Gonna try my luck at joining the Masons and see how I go. Will mention that I'm already a U2.COM member and

"I survived the ticket presale". <== T-Shirt opportunity

sorry for laughing but this is hilariuos!!!!!!!!roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

Give me a bit, just got back.

BTW, member Max Tsukino made me this siggy, thought it would be appropriate *sigh* thanks Max

This whole thing has been a complete scam and a disappointment. I unfortunately have not had the time to sit and phone USA all day and night, and have not had any luck with getting a new presales code.

I agree with you_two. Why is no map given showing the seat locations before one has to choose a category and tickets? Surely the people involved in this whole thing have done this before; I mean it is one of the biggest bloody bands in the world for $#@%sake. Why do they hire imbeciles to arrange their ticket sales?

Justin Bieber's crew could probably do a better job, and they are %#&*ing 10 years old.

If something had indeed been done to apologise and try and rectify the problem, more than just having poor old Baja dealing with ranting fans on a forum, then perhaps it would calm things down, but Ticketek does not have a clue, everyone is blaming someone else, and someone is sitting with our $50 having a quiet chuckle.

It is because of this lack of any proper assistance that I too do want my money back.

Brilliant post Cuan!

Also baja - for additional Sydney shows, will current codes be valid for those presales? THERE ARE USUALLY NO PRESALES FOR SECOND SHOWS, BUT I HAVE ASKED.

Will the system change by then to allow you to decline any amount of time rather than just once? DO NOT KNOW, BUT I ASKED FOR IT

Will the same thing happen again for those shows? I assume on Friday 9am Sydney time people will actually be able to choose by section rather than just price on the internet? DONT KNOW& MAYBE

I'm not angry at you baja and thank you for your help, but I am stunned that you are the only person actually trying to help, with all the $50 subscriptions, say 2000 people for example x $50 = $100,000 but I'm sure its much more than that...I would have thought they could afford more help at u2.com?  NO COMMENT

It would make things alot easier and less stressful for you. AGREE

Also not sure if anyone knows but I saw on a forum someone say U2 may resume on Jan 1 with more shows here, does that sound likely or not? Would be great to see u2 on New Years Day! NO CLUE

hmm so now I'm wondering about just going for GA and ongifting my p1s. What do others think about a nearly 6 month pregnant woman in the inner or outer circle...dangerous???? It was so awesome to be up close in 06!!! qing all day in the heat wasnt so awesome but was worth it.

While trawling through the ANZ Stadium site trying to figure out my seat problem I found this information, which may still be of use to some people:

U2 360° TOUR PRICE CATEGORY DESCRIPTIONS

To assist you in choosing your price category please find a description of the zones below. Please note that this should be used as a guide only.

P1 $ 299.90

SEATED

Close to stage on the east and west sides of the stadium on Level 1 and 4.

P2 $ 229.90

SEATED

Further from the stage from the P1 seating on the east and west sides of the stadium on Level 1 and 4.

P3 $ 174.90

SEATED

Level 1 and 3 at the northern end of the Stadium looking directly at the stage. AND front section of Level 6 from about half way to the corners closest to the stage.

P4 $ 109.90

SEATED

Front section of Level 6 from about half way to the corners of the Stadium opposite the stage. AND back of the stage on Level 2.

P5 $ 99.90 Arena Standing

STANDING

General admission.

P7 $ 39.90

SEATED

The back of Level 6 AND back of the stage Level 1.

thanks baja for your help, time and info - for those that want refunds we will await what to do

if refunds are an option, it would be good to know how long people will be given to actually take up the offer of a refund, and how they go about getting the refund

as it is possible, as you have asked, that these current unused codes may be able to be used for possible additional shows presales, when many more good seats will be available than now, then people may want to wait and decide wether they want a refund or try their luck for additional shows presales if that actually is possible when its announced

so the option of either a refund or a chance to use code(multiple attempts, but max only a purchase of 4 tickets total) for other presales would be fair

Micaelita thanks for your post, but its still not an exact description of each bay and each bays price category for Sydney

Also your info refers to level 6 alot...where is that?

When you say level 1 and 2, do you mean for example 141-1 is level 1 and 141-2 is level 2? If so why would 141-1 be only $39 if it is a better view than 141-2 where the higher up you are at the back of stage the more of the top of the video screen gets blocked?

the day before presale a ticketek person told me they "thought but didn't know for sure" that the $109 seated tickets were all behind in the lower bays, and that $39 was for the seats behind the stage in the upper bays, but someone on another forum said they got behind the stage in the lower bays for $39...another person said they were offered a $109 ticket in section 609 which is way back and high up on the east side, when they thought they could only be offered a ticket behind the stage in the lower bays for that price category, not realising that category was also for the nose bleed seats high up to the back of the stage on the west and east side...so its really misleading...if you can only use code once but one price category covers 2 totally different parts of the ground, ie for $109 its for behind stage AND for nosebleed seats in far back corners then that is a big difference with no guarentee you will be offered behind stage if you want there instead of nosebleed far back corners miles away.

no proper price category map + the ultimatum of take first tickets offered or you miss out(even though presale period is 3 days long) + not being able to choose by section rather than price + paying $50 for the priviledge = unfair and not right

you_two_ wrote:

When you say level 1 and 2, do you mean for example 141-1 is level 1 and 141-2 is level 2? If so why would 141-1 be only $39 if it is a better view than 141-2 where the higher up you are at the back of stage the more of the top of the video screen gets blocked?

With the sections numbered 141-1 and 141-2 are the same section and would be same price category. The 1 and 2 after the large number just means you are in the front seats or rear seats of that section. So you may have for eg: rows A to P are section 141-1 and then Q-T is 141-2..  You will find this on most sections through out the stadium.. At all price levels.

Usually front on stage tickets are more expensive even if they are in the upper sections such as 609.

So are you saying 141-1 and 141-2 are both $39...then where are the $109 tickets higher up behind the stage?

Shouldn't the highest seats behind stage be $39 and not $109 as alot of the top of the screen will be blocked?...with the lower levels behind being $109 where you can see all the screen?

This is the problem, to make it this confusing - there is nothing anywhere which will give a clear indication of what you can expect exactly for every price category for every bay...also for example the non alcohol seats with 3 different price categories for those

So are you saying 141-1 and 141-2 are both $39...then where are the $109 tickets higher up behind the stage?  

Shouldn't the highest seats behind stage be $39 and not $109 as alot of the top of the screen will be blocked?...with the lower levels behind being $109 where you can see all the screen? 

It can vary as they can split sections in half  and threes when it comes to pricing..  especially when the seats are further away or behind the stage... this is the issue and risk you take with buying blind.. Fanclub presales often have this issue. As they are done soon after announcement and before the facilities have done the final seat plan.  Bon jovi was the same we bought blind as most states hadnt put their seat plan up... very frustrating!! I understand. Especially if youve never been to the venue..

Micaelita thanks for your post, but its still not an exact description of each bay and each bays price category for Sydney

The way I read it, looking at the venue map is that level 1 is everying starting with a 1, level 4 is everything starting with a 4, level 6 is everything starting with a 6 and so on. My other suggestion would be to look at the Auckland map Baja posted in this thread as it is the only one that has the actual zonings in picture form and helps you make a more accurate guess, though the stadium is obviously different so be aware that as it isn't as large it doesn't have the upper tiers that ANZ Stadium has so no level 6, for instance, where some of those P7 tickets may land you, not just behind the stage.

i will be interested to see if the 9am friday scenario allows people to buy by section/bay and not just by price category on the net

apparently this sort of thing ain't new

U2 may have alienated its most loyal fans after a ticket fiasco that left many Chicagoans feeling suckered by the Irish supergroup.

Thousands of fans are complaining that a planned pre-sale for tickets to the May 7 and 9 United Center shows in U2's upcoming Vertigo tour was a scam that left many of them with no tickets or nosebleed seats that cost upward of $165 each.

The problem started a few months back when the group's official fan site -- www.u2.com -- asked members to pay a $40 subscription fee that included a guarantee of priority seating for the upcoming tour. Those who signed up were given a special code to enter at ticketmaster.com on Tuesday, four days before the general public's ticket sale on Saturday.

That code, many fans thought, would give them access to a large block of seats throughout the venue. But many u2.com members say the lower-priced general admission tickets were snapped up in less than a minute, leaving some to wonder why they bothered spending $40 for the pre-sale subscription.

more:

http://www.suntimes.com/o...ertainment/cst-ftr-u2...

Airwalk the first Vertigo ticket pre sale led to intervention and a statement from LMJ himself. If I recall it was vastly improved the next time it went on sale. 

i will be interested to see if the 9am friday scenario allows people to buy by section/bay and not just by price category on the net
You'll probably find its price category but HOPEFULLY Ticketek/tickemaster have a proper seat plan up and you can see what section of the stadium the price gets you... 

[quote name='bluehammer wrote:

airwalk74']apparently this sort of thing ain't new

U2 may have alienated its most loyal fans after a ticket fiasco that left many Chicagoans feeling suckered by the Irish supergroup.

Thousands of fans are complaining that a planned pre-sale for tickets to the May 7 and 9 United Center shows in U2's upcoming Vertigo tour was a scam that left many of them with no tickets or nosebleed seats that cost upward of $165 each.

The problem started a few months back when the group's official fan site -- www.u2.com -- asked members to pay a $40 subscription fee that included a guarantee of priority seating for the upcoming tour. Those who signed up were given a special code to enter at ticketmaster.com on Tuesday, four days before the general public's ticket sale on Saturday.

That code, many fans thought, would give them access to a large block of seats throughout the venue. But many u2.com members say the lower-priced general admission tickets were snapped up in less than a minute, leaving some to wonder why they bothered spending $40 for the pre-sale subscription.

more:

Airwalk the first Vertigo ticket pre sale led to intervention and a statement from LMJ himself. If I recall it was vastly improved the next time it went on sale. 

Yeah thas right-doesn't look like we will have the same luck