Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

I know thaat this has probally been asked a thousand times but can you use any left over codes for second sydney show if there is a pre sale or do we need new codes? Ijust want to add that i dont thinl its u2 pre sale proble (ithink there doing a great job provided all the people firing of question etc) i blame the ticket companies as when i purchased pre sale tickets for the recent powderfinger tour through there fan club at my local ent cent i was given seats up the back in nose bleeds,there pre sale was a shambles as ticktec also had pre sale same day & cause the system to crash

I know thaat this has probally been asked a thousand times but can you use any left over codes for second sydney show if there is a pre sale or do we need new codes? Ijust want to add that i dont thinl its u2 pre sale proble (ithink there doing a great job provided all the people firing of question etc) i blame the ticket companies as when i purchased pre sale tickets for the recent powderfinger tour through there fan club at my local ent cent i was given seats up the back in nose bleeds,there pre sale was a shambles as ticktec also had pre sale same day & cause the system to crash
No one is exempt. U2.com/livenation have to wear the bulk of the flak here for the convoluted approach to pre-sales, and not being able to correctly articulate the conditions of the presale to the vendors, and follow up that the conditions are being followed. 

Ticketek and ticketmaster are always shit. that wasn't a surprise. But LiveNation/U2.com have added to this spectacular ballsup by  their shoddy communication, complex system that DOES NOT WORK when you have multiple ticket vendors (how can ticketek invalidate a code just used on ticketmaster without third party involvement? Hmmm?) and arrogance when it came time to actually offer some customer service outside of one brilliant moderator on here who busts a gut for anyone. She too has to sleep, and doing this alone must be a friggin nightmare. 

Only one has come out of this smelling like roses. Not U2.com, not live nation, not ticketek, not tickmaster, not even the band and their management who are responsible for this awful mess of a site. Only Baja can hold her head high. 

[quote name='bluehammer wrote:

happyme']I know thaat this has probally been asked a thousand times but can you use any left over codes for second sydney show if there is a pre sale or do we need new codes? Ijust want to add that i dont thinl its u2 pre sale proble (ithink there doing a great job provided all the people firing of question etc) i blame the ticket companies as when i purchased pre sale tickets for the recent powderfinger tour through there fan club at my local ent cent i was given seats up the back in nose bleeds,there pre sale was a shambles as ticktec also had pre sale same day & cause the system to crash

No one is exempt. U2.com/livenation have to wear the bulk of the flak here for the convoluted approach to pre-sales, and not being able to correctly articulate the conditions of the presale to the vendors, and follow up that the conditions are being followed. 

Ticketek and ticketmaster are always shit. that wasn't a surprise. But LiveNation/U2.com have added to this spectacular ballsup by  their shoddy communication, complex system that DOES NOT WORK when you have multiple ticket vendors (how can ticketek invalidate a code just used on ticketmaster without third party involvement? Hmmm?) and arrogance when it came time to actually offer some customer service outside of one brilliant moderator on here who busts a gut for anyone. She too has to sleep, and doing this alone must be a friggin nightmare. 

Only one has come out of this smelling like roses. Not U2.com, not live nation, not ticketek, not tickmaster, not even the band and their management who are responsible for this awful mess of a site. Only Baja can hold her head high. 

I comptley agree with this  i must of been one of the lucky ones who didnt have a prob with my code for pre sale i only had to get ticx for sydney (only hope show 2 is just as easy) I also say congrats to Baja for a job well done

Does any body know when second sydney show would go on sale i know after first sells out but when will we be told & how or do we just check ticket website? 

Livenation presale tomorrow folks-will be interesting to see what tix are available

Livenation presale tomorrow folks-will be interesting to see what tix are available

I'll tip no GAs

[quote name='SandSCreative wrote:

afunky']Auction sites will not voluntarily prevent scalping at excessive levels as they take a cut as a success fee.

Totally agree. It isn't just the auction site scalpers either, there are "resellers" even now online offering Aussie RZ tickets for $1600 a piece.

Scalping/reselling are more or less the same thing, hence my previous suggestion of criminalising the resale of concert tickets over 1.5 times the face value.  For example if you sold your GA ticket for $140 that would be ok, but if you sold it for $200 it would be illegal.  Allowing a person to resell their GA at $140 acknowledges that some people are just trying to sell a spare ticket and would only allow people to recover the cost involved of obtaining the ticket (U2.com membership fee, ticket delivery and booking fee) and auction success fee.  In NZ GA tix cost $100 plus $19-$23 delivery fee, and the trade me success fee on $140 is around $10.  Obviously if you are selling multiple tickets you will make a profit but not big one.

This was in my inbox this morning -

Hey My LiveNation Australia & New Zealand,

As promised, and in honour of your loyalty, herewith the details of the limited presale for U2 360° Tour with very special guest JAY-Z.

The presale commences Wednesday 1st September at 14:30 LOCAL time and will run until Thursday 2nd September at 15:00 LOCAL. Or of course until the strictly limited allocation sells out.

Click on the links on the right to access the presale page for the show you want to go to, and enter the password BOOT when prompted to access your tickets.

Tickets are limited to 2 per transaction and please don’t abuse access. Tell your friends to join My Live Nation so they can get access to presales for our tours – before anyone else.

See you at the show!

It will be VERY interesting to see if RZ tickets are available thru this!

:)

[quote name='SandSCreative wrote:

airwalk74']Livenation presale tomorrow folks-will be interesting to see what tix are available

What presale?

Livenation U2 presale:

The presale commences Wednesday 1st September at 14:30 LOCAL time and will run until Thursday 2nd September at 15:00 LOCAL. Or of course until the strictly limited allocation sells out. 

Click on the links on the right to access the presale page for the show you want to go to, and enter the password BOOT when prompted to access your tickets.

Tickets are limited to 2 per transaction and please don’t abuse access. Tell your friends to join My Live Nation so they can get access to presales for our tours – before anyone else.

PASSWORD INFO

You need a secret password in order to purchase these special 

presale tickets. 

The password is 

BOOT

Hey, you very active OZ folks

Ill be posting some info in the next 2 hrs (its getting sent from OZ, so im waiting) in regards to those that HAVE NOT BEEN FIXED.

Please pass the word on, thank you - Baja

This was in my inbox this morning -

Hey My LiveNation Australia & New Zealand,

As promised, and in honour of your loyalty, herewith the details of the limited presale for U2 360° Tour with very special guest JAY-Z.

The presale commences Wednesday 1st September at 14:30 LOCAL time and will run until Thursday 2nd September at 15:00 LOCAL. Or of course until the strictly limited allocation sells out.

Click on the links on the right to access the presale page for the show you want to go to, and enter the password BOOT when prompted to access your tickets.

Tickets are limited to 2 per transaction and please don’t abuse access. Tell your friends to join My Live Nation so they can get access to presales for our tours – before anyone else.

See you at the show!

It will be VERY interesting to see if RZ tickets are available thru this!

:)

you are an absolute Gem marieka i did  not receive the email from them, infact i have not received emails from live nation uk for ages i have my tix but need to purchase just 2 more hope i can get GA but cheers for that

cheers yh will be interesting to see how quick they go but and how quick after fri u2 announce another few shows but just ait and see

Baja, I reckon the boys should write a song about you and the legend that you are.
I think it could go something like this

I know a girl, a girl call Baja

Bajagirl

I know she want's more at the party

Bajagirl

And she won't tell me her name

I spoke to a girl at Ticketek and she said it wouldbe unlikely they would have a presale for the second show....  but I am keeping a code unused just in case!

airwalk74']Livenation presale tomorrow folks-will be interesting to see what tix are available

I'll tip no GAs

Glad no one put money on that-no GAs for livenation. There won't be much for sale on Friday

Looks like we can blame the promotor:mad.gif

Credit Card Surcharges Apply - The promoter of this event haselected to pass credit card fees onto consumers that are paying bycredit card. The surcharge includes credit card fees and expenses,handling and associated infrastructure costs.

Looks like we can blame the promotor:mad.gif

Credit Card Surcharges Apply - The promoter of this event haselected to pass credit card fees onto consumers that are paying bycredit card. The surcharge includes credit card fees and expenses,handling and associated infrastructure costs.

I think it's 1.5% for visa / mastercard and 2.9 for Amex.

I know years ago smash repairers and car mechanics never used to accept credit card becuase they got slugged the fee on what was usually a large bill.

More and more people are passing it on these days.

I wonder though if you payed cash at a Ticketek outlet, would you still get slugged the $19.30

[quote name='airwalk74 wrote:

bluehammer wrote:

I'll tip no GAs

Glad no one put money on that-no GAs for livenation. There won't be much for sale on Friday

Which is what I heard about the first Sydney show for Vertigo tour - sold out to pre-sales and promotional with Joe Public having little to no chance of getting tickets. indifferent.gif

yeah would love to be able to view what tix are left atm(all tix not just what they have released)

I'll tip no GAs

Got tickets in the Live Nation Auckland Presale still plenty of GA's at (3.05pm)there was howver no Red zone at 2.30pm

really GA still available?....do you think it opens at 230 est?(in Perth)

Livenation link takes me to seated option?

There's no such thing as presale tickets for U2.com members. I have been trying since last Thursday, Aug 26th in Perth for Red Zone or seating & all Red Zone was sold out! Seems to be too much like 1998 Popmart tour to me, where all the Corporates etc got priority & U2 fans got none.

I finally got 2 tickets in reserved seating at the back & I'm not happy. I feel sorry for u2 fans that aren't members cos they've got no chance.

PHD-sounds like there could be GA left? But not denying this sux..still waiting on Baja update

really GA still available?....do you think it opens at 230 est?(in Perth)

Livenation link takes me to seated option?

All Ticketek presales have all but red zone available. not sure why ticketmaster takes you to seating???frown.gif