Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Is RZ tix exhausted for a second show (presuming there is one)?  If not, how would that work?  Obviously it can't be pre-sold if it is not pre-announced, so how does it normally work? 

IF there is a second show, and IF there is no presale (usual case) then its first come/first serve

I've had a rant in the paid general, just wanted you, Baja, to know that it is not directed at you in any way.

I'm half expecting a black car with men in black to pull up outside the house at any moment!

Nice meeting you all and hope everyone got tix in the end.

I've had a rant in the paid general, just wanted you, Baja, to know that it is not directed at you in any way.

I'm half expecting a black car with men in black to pull up outside the house at any moment!

Nice meeting you all and hope everyone got tix in the end.

I saw, but you have a few points that need to be clarified:

The U2 fan club has ALWAYS even since Propaganda been based on seniority, members with longer un-interrupted membership get first dibs at the best seats. The longer you are a member, the higher your spot (due to new members joining and old members not renewing). Pearl Jam and other fan clubs work the same

Did you (honestly) expect to join the fan club in the week the tour was announced and get the (in your opinion) best seats? Honestly?

The legalese accompanying the Terms of Service states clearly that you get "an opportunity for tickets" and that they are not guaranteed.

You have a very valid point that you did get a MAGNIFICENT code, but were assigned a CEDAR code. That was a mistake and unfortunately we were not able to resolve it quickly. For that I apologize

The threads about the Aussie pre-sales (All of them) were not removed, they were un-featured (It means they just don't show at the top of the main message board) as it was a valid point, I posted links to them under the U2.com Team post so you can find them easily. If you look at the NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS sections, you will see many threads about other issues we have had, and we always leave them up

And lastly, for the record, the U2.com Admin team I work with also worked their butt's off in order to get this resolved for everyone, and we are still working with those that were not fixed. These people work very very hard, and unfortunately have to bear the brunt of the complaints when things go awry.

And all you OZ people owe me whiskey and some thunder from down under tongue.gif

Does the admin team get paid for their work(including you)?

Hi Baja,

I appreciate the response to my rant.

"Did you (honestly) expect to join the fan club in the week the tour was announced and get the (in your opinion) best seats? Honestly?"

In all honesty, yes. That is exactly what happened with Metallica. I didn't see one complaint on their forum after or during the presale. Which is why I question the seniority system.

Come down under and I'll buy you several whiskies. I know you have worked your butts off. I wasn't ranting at you, just what is clearly a very dysfunctional system. "Worst presale ever!"

There has to be a better way of running these sales. There has to be, seniority or not.

Yes agreed with SC(although haven't seen his rant)=I have been a fan since before I went to see them on Sept 24 19&*(a very long time ago wink.gif) -seen them 9 times in 3 continents. And yes I only joined recently(financially-because I do not understand what value there would be to being a paid member for years-please explain to me what value there would be for me to spend $50 a year?thats US dollars of course)I do not believe being a paid up member to this web site for a long time indicates how big a fan anyone is. I cannot afford $50 for nothing and like others joined up recently. I am very thankful for the opportunity to have got tix early (although being an experienced internet ticket buyer I have never missed out at general sale time before)and agree the oldest financial members should be given senority-I thought it was good that last minute sign ups were in the second group-but this isn't the problem is it. Nor is the problem with U2.com seemingly the ticket agents as there were problems with both the U2.com presales(none that i have found with the livenation of course).

I hope a. I get my CD-not that I have any CDs any more but at least I will have something for my $50 and b. Anyone that is asking gets their $50 back.

Not ungrateful for any efforts on U2.com side-but I assume you guys get paid for your work? And thanks for doing your job.

Has anyone got an idea on the $40 seats? Since its a 360 is the view basically the same around the stadium? (this is the auckland show in particular)

We are waiting for sales to morrow and can't decide on which ones to get - we can't afford the 3 most expensive ones and the $174 tickets and $39.95 tickets look like they will have the same view anyhow?

Hopefully some can shed some light on if being on the north side of the stadium ($39.95 tickets) means you don't get to see the band at all? (360 makes me think you still do just not as much)

I know wwe havt to wait & see about second sydney show but how will we know do we check ticket site or here?& when should we be looking?

There will be a second show....Tues 14th

This was discussed back around page 60 I think!

Accommodation in Olympic Park has been hiked up in price for both the 13th and 14th (from $69 a night to $219 a night for example)

:)

Hmmm... everyone may be cool with being offered tix - BUT after wasting as many hours as you have wasted. Combined, you are looking at hundreds fold of wasted time when we are the paying customers. Also, as mentioned elsewhere, I managed to get tickets elsewhere PRIOR to being offered tix via U2.com. Agree that you cant guarantee redzone, but the way that you palmed the issue off, then it got palmed back, etc. for what was a VERY long period needs to be addressed. Agree you worked your butts off, but to be honest the buck-passing was ridiculous - at first the blame was placed on the customer, then after your heads being beaten in a millions times you thought maybe, just maybe, you better do something about it.

AND I will add that this is now hidden away as if the issue never existed. Well done PR people. Take that $100k and run. You mention Pearl Jam doing by seniority, but they do it a HELL of a lot better than this. Acknowledge the problem rather than hide it and recompensate the people you have impacted. At the end of the day, the following has occurred:

* Marketing to the masses that if you become a subscriber you will get access to a presale at a certain time and date

* You will have ample access to ticket type and location prior to public sale

You have scammed people on both instances. The biggest band in the world and the biggest scam in the world. Feed the starving, or feed the greedy (live nation)? You just added $50 onto ticket purchases for hardcore fans which is a great way to hide another $50 per pair of tickets onto the sale price to make them seem 'cheap'. If the presale had worked that is fine. But it was far from that - please refund everyone who joined after the close date or this is definitely going higher.

Has anyone got an idea on the $40 seats? Since its a 360 is the view basically the same around the stadium? (this is the auckland show in particular)

We are waiting for sales to morrow and can't decide on which ones to get - we can't afford the 3 most expensive ones and the $174 tickets and $39.95 tickets look like they will have the same view anyhow?

Hopefully some can shed some light on if being on the north side of the stadium ($39.95 tickets) means you don't get to see the band at all? (360 makes me think you still do just not as much)

Let google be your friend to find shots from behind the stage. I have done 2 from GA so can't give you my opinion but seems like a bargain if you do a bit of research.

Check this out: http://u2.interference.co...w-zealand-207360-29.html

AND I will add that this is now hidden away as if the issue never existed. Well done PR people. Take that $100k and run. You mention Pearl Jam doing by seniority, but they do it a HELL of a lot better than this. Acknowledge the problem rather than hide it and recompensate the people you have impacted. At the end of the day, the following has occurred:

* Marketing to the masses that if you become a subscriber you will get access to a presale at a certain time and date

You have scammed people on both instances. The biggest band in the world and the biggest scam in the world. Feed the starving, or feed the greedy (live nation)? You just added $50 onto ticket purchases for hardcore fans which is a great way to hide another $50 per pair of tickets onto the sale price to make them seem 'cheap'. If the presale had worked that is fine. But it was far from that - please refund everyone who joined after the close date or this is definitely going higher.

what he said-and this shit fight should have made the papers just like the 2005 f-up in Dublin and the shit fight in Chicago etc...but no we get told we should be buying someone whisky wtf?

[quote name='airwalk74 wrote:

puppetmasterinoz']AND I will add that this is now hidden away as if the issue never existed. Well done PR people. Take that $100k and run. You mention Pearl Jam doing by seniority, but they do it a HELL of a lot better than this. Acknowledge the problem rather than hide it and recompensate the people you have impacted. At the end of the day, the following has occurred:

what he said-and this shit fight should have made the papers just like the 2005 f-up in Dublin and the shit fight in Chicago etc...but no we get told we should be buying someone whisky wtf?

Puppet and Air:

With all due respect, I am a forum Admin and moderator. My responsibilities are the forum, and just that. They do not include customer service, trying to get information, or resolving ticket/code snafus. As it was obvious that you [all] were getting the run around, I tried to help to the best of my abilities. If you find that wanting, tough. Considering you have been members on this board for what? five minutes? you have some gumption directing your angry comments towards me. Because the only person that reads them, is me (and Bigwave). Want LN or Principle to read them?, then stop posting here and send it to them.

If you have a complaint about me, or my interactions with you, please state the case. If you have a complaint how the presale was handled, then go and complain to the appropriate people, as I have no control over the matter, and made not one decision over the how, what, when, etc. In fact, I was told about the pre-sale AFTER it was announced and played catch-up in order to get as much information to our members as possible, which is why you can see some of my updates contradicting each other. When I GOT THE INFO, YOU GOT THE INFO, it was as simple as that.

As for the whiskey, many messages of thanks included offers to buy me a drink, and I responded. If you are offended by it, that's too bad. I am not going to apologize to you about how I handled myself or the help I gave.

If you want to take this higher, you are welcome to do so. And for the record:

1. Less than 1% of members who tried to buy tickets had any issues, and most if not all were fixed in time.
  2. Red Zone allocation is less than 500 total tickets per show
  3. The issue is NOT hidden away, the posts were un-featured (no longer shown on top) but links to them are in the U2com team post
  4. People joined, got a code, got their tickets ( No scam there)
  5. Tickets for all sections (except RZ  which sold out first) were available all through the pre-sale (No scam there)
  6. And lastly, I do not receive a salary, never have.

Baja

I do not believe any comments here are personal other than mentioning the whisky. As consumers(regardless for how long) and having this forum to vent, people who have paid $50 are doing that-I don't believe you should be taking it personally. And for a 'fan club' that takes a lot of money - for you to be doing this as a volunteer is wrong.

I have previously thanked you on this forum. How long are we to be paid members before we can give opinions on this forum?

The $50 to join is not well spent(I am not alone in my opinion as you well know)and despite being a fan for over 25(edited it to admit my age-saw them first when I was 14-it was sisters 16th birthday and I was 15 6 days later-it was in Perth) years I will not be joining again-presale or no presale-I do not see the value. I did not join U2.com to have slanging matches on forums nor to try and prove how big a fan I am.

To everyone who got a ticket(and can find this thread)-well done and enjoy the concert. Here's one of my fav photos which I took last year when I saw them in Las Vegas.

4874952491_0717ea1f2d_b.jpg

Still not sold out in Auckland - amazing.

"Limited GAs" left, as well as the more expensive of the seated allocations.

Super stoked to have beaten the rush anyway. And looking forward to receiving my Artificial Horizon CD!

Baja - for someone who is not paid you are doing an amazing amount of work. My hat is off to you.

The $50 to join is not well spent(I am not alone in my opinion as you well know)and despite being a fan for over 25(edited it to admit my age-saw them first when I was 14-it was sisters 16th birthday and I was 15 6 days later-it was in Perth)

Dude, if you're worried about revealing your age then perhaps putting the year you were born in your username isn't such a smart idea? wink.gif

Hi Baja,

I appreciate the response to my rant.

"Did you (honestly) expect to join the fan club in the week the tour was announced and get the (in your opinion) best seats? Honestly?"

In all honesty, yes. That is exactly what happened with Metallica. I didn't see one complaint on their forum after or during the presale. Which is why I question the seniority system.

Come down under and I'll buy you several whiskies. I know you have worked your butts off. I wasn't ranting at you, just what is clearly a very dysfunctional system. "Worst presale ever!"

There has to be a better way of running these sales. There has to be, seniority or not.

In the Fair Dinkum department rewarding loyalty is not a new concept. To suggest there's something wrong with that, well I reckon you're having a lend of us.

I know wwe havt to wait & see about second sydney show but how will we know do we check ticket site or here?& when should we be looking?

Check here, Ticketek and Ticketmaster. Depending on ticket sales today we may get an announcement this afternoon or tomorrow.

Sitting on the Ticketek website, all signed in and refreshinig page at 8.55am. The second the clock hits 9am .............

SERVER BUSY

or

THANK YOU FOR VISITING TICKETEK.COM

TICKETS TO A MAJOR EVENT HAVE GONE ON SALE TODAY

YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN A QUEUE AND WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY REDIRECTED

AS CUSTOMERS AHEAD OF YOU COMPLETE THEIR TRANSACTION

[quote name='kings wrote:

happyme']I know wwe havt to wait & see about second sydney show but how will we know do we check ticket site or here?& when should we be looking?

Check here, Ticketek and Ticketmaster. Depending on ticket sales today we may get an announcement this afternoon or tomorrow.

Ok thanks very much have looked at ticketek teck this morring & carnt get through so saf to assun that there will be second show (just hope can get through with that one need better seats this time)

[quote name='kings wrote:

happyme']I know wwe havt to wait & see about second sydney show but how will we know do we check ticket site or here?& when should we be looking?

Ok thanks very much have looked at ticketek teck this morring & carnt get through so saf to assun that there will be second show (just hope can get through with that one need better seats this time)

Just as footnote ... by some miracle of good fortune I managed to pick up RZ tickets in the public sale for Brisbane. I am delighted of course.

Perhaps, Kings, it is less about not rewarding loyalty, and more about rewarding loyalty. Effectively, it seems, I was better off as a non committed member of the general public than I was as a signed up member of the 'Cedars'.

That can't be right.

Anyway, I just hope that something is done, whatever the structure, to make problems that have plagued this Aussie presale a thing of the past. Not just for the fans, but for everyone involved, not least of all being Baja and her colleagues.