Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Sitting on the Ticketek website, all signed in and refreshinig page at 8.55am. The second the clock hits 9am .............

SERVER BUSY

or

THANK YOU FOR VISITING TICKETEK.COM

TICKETS TO A MAJOR EVENT HAVE GONE ON SALE TODAY

YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN A QUEUE AND WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY REDIRECTED

AS CUSTOMERS AHEAD OF YOU COMPLETE THEIR TRANSACTION

I managed to login at 8.40 out f curiosity and then from 8.45 have been getting the above message on a screen that's been auto-refreshing every 5 seconds.

I don;t envy the people trying to buy tickets online and defininately not use who would have camped out in the cold and rain last night. frown.gif

[quote name='bjc wrote:

airwalk74']The $50 to join is not well spent(I am not alone in my opinion as you well know)and despite being a fan for over 25(
edited it to admit my age
-saw them first when I was 14-it was sisters 16th birthday and I was 15 6 days later-it was in Perth)

Dude, if you're worried about revealing your age then perhaps putting the year you were born in your username isn't such a smart idea? blockquote> And not a 'dude...I am a 'lady'(said like they say i in Little Britain) And no 74 is not my birth year: that is a false assumption....but glad that worked as thats the idea....to make people think thats the year I was born

[quote name='airwalk74 wrote:

bjc wrote:

airwalk74']The $50 to join is not well spent(I am not alone in my opinion as you well know)and despite being a fan for over 25(
edited it to admit my age
-saw them first when I was 14-it was sisters 16th birthday and I was 15 6 days later-it was in Perth)

Dude, if you're worried about revealing your age then perhaps putting the year you were born in your username isn't such a smart idea?
indent]

My son was 7 when it took him in 2006 will be 11 this time round. My other boy was 2 1/2 which was too young last time but this time he's 6 1/2 and will be coming too.

I got in right on opening, secured two RZ tickets for Brisbane, and then before i could complete the transaction Ticketek unceremoniously timed me out. *sigh*

I got in right on opening, secured two RZ tickets for Brisbane, and then before i could complete the transaction Ticketek unceremoniously timed me out. *sigh*
You should call them, sometimes it has processed enough to secure the tickets.

Quote "My son was 7 when it took him in 2006 will be 11 this time round. Myother boy was 2 1/2 which was too young last time but this time he's 61/2 and will be coming too."

My sister and I went when my niece was less than 2(she was in the car with her dad screaming her head off cause she needed boobie embarassed.gif so we sprinted back to thr car after the concert...we could hear her about half a k away...then in 2006 she got to see them herself(ZooTV and Vertigo.I have seen:

Unforgetable Fire Tour(Perth), Joshua Tree Tour(London), Lovetown Tour(Perth), ZooTv Tour(Melbs), Popmart Tour(Melbs), Vertigo Tour(Melbs), 360 Tour(Houston & Las Vegas)-9 times all up so far...I love checking the setlists here http://www.u2gigs.com/

4941101683_5c42fe768b_z.jpg

My nieces at Vertigo smile.gif

Totally crashed now ....... nothing. 

At least this gave the impression of waiting, rather than hopeless

ticketek.jpg

I can't believe the Sydney show has not sold out yet, I'm able to get into Ticketek site and pick seats, review them, remove them and go back and pick others and it's all relatively quick.

Although I did find if I picked say 4 P2 I couldn't then add say 4 GA for a total of 8 tickets.

It appears you had to pick 8 of the same type via online.

Well I guess I am just a lucky guy. After getting screwed over (like a bunch of other people did) on the ticketek presale, now I have managed to SECURE A REDZONE ticket AFTER the presale has ended!!....

but then......

"you have 1 minute left to complete your transaction" (immediately clicks on the pay now button)

"your session has timed out"

NOOOooooo!!!!!

AAAaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!!

and my redzone ticket was gone!

Have spent 1 hour on the site, logged in numerous times and just managed to get a GA for Brisbane in the dying moments of the sale. Ticketek are definitely NOT getting a Christmas card from me this year!did you get your RZ Sands? Just wondering what other ppz thoughts are regarding the fact RZ's can be bought AFTER the 'pre'sale said they we totally exhausted??

Bummer 4 x P2 at Sydney is now coming up as 107-1 vs 110-1 I got last Thursday through the pre-sale.

Maybe they were previously being held for ANZ members or sponsors or something.

Temping to buy the better seats and sell the others, but don't have another $938 to drop just like that.

Well I guess I am just a lucky guy. After getting screwed over (like a bunch of other people did) on the ticketek presale, now I have managed to SECURE A REDZONE ticket AFTER the presale has ended!!....

but then......

"you have 1 minute left to complete your transaction" "your session has timed out"

NOOOooooo!!!!!

AAAaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!!

and my redzone ticket was gone!

Have spent 1 hour on the site, logged in numerous times and just managed to get a GA for Brisbane in the dying moments of the sale. Ticketek are definitely NOT getting a Christmas card from me this year!

did you get your RZ Sands? Just wondering what other ppz thoughts are regarding the fact RZ's can be bought AFTER the 'pre'sale said they we totally exhausted??

You should try calling ticketek ... sometimes the tickets are secured. Had you sent payment? Sometimes if it times out while taking payment the sale still goes through.

Yeah got mine, was very very lucky.

Ouch billgatedme....thats sux. Waiting for Perth to see if I can RZ it...already got a GA but I'll try for a rz. Melbourne RZ and GA appear gone. Although TM and their 23 letter recaptha does me head in.

Thx for the tip Sands... there is just one problem...   YOU CANNOT CALL TICKETEK FROM WESTERN AUSTRALIA.   AAAaaaarrrrrgggghhh  ***gasps for air***   AAAaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh

Sorry for the abrupt reply, I am feeling a little edgy right now.  (pardon the pun)

Sydney:

P1 Single seats only

P2 Available

P3 Available

P4 Single seats only

P5 - Arena Standing Alloc. Exhausted

Red Zone Alloc. Exhausted

P7 Available

P8 - Alcohol Free Available

P9 - Alcohol Free Limited seats only

P10 - Alcohol Free Alloc. Exhausted

Thx for the tip Sands... there is just one problem...   YOU CANNOT CALL TICKETEK FROM WESTERN AUSTRALIA.   AAAaaaarrrrrgggghhh  ***gasps for air***   AAAaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh

Sorry for the abrupt reply, I am feeling a little edgy right now.  (pardon the pun)

Argh...really? Glad I don't have to deal with Ticktek...(I am in Perth too) Yes the stress is building...28 minutes to go for Perth eek.gif

Why not ?

Maybe try 02 8240 2110

Trying to get a number for you, will post if I get one.

spose this means not sold out no second show tired.gif so depressed now as i coul dony afford to go to sydney shows frown.gif

[quote name='SandSCreative wrote:

billgatedme']Thx for the tip Sands... there is just one problem...   YOU CANNOT CALL TICKETEK FROM WESTERN AUSTRALIA.   AAAaaaarrrrrgggghhh  ***gasps for air***   AAAaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh

Trying to get a number for you, will post if I get one.

I tried 13 28 49 engaged

spose this means not sold out no second show tired.gif so depressed now as i coul dony afford to go to sydney shows frown.gif
You should just keep an eye on Ticketek throughout today and over the weekend. I'd be amazed if Melb and Syd at least didn't get extra shows. Takes time to sell all the tix to a stadium. You just need to catch it at the right time.