Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Hi

just wondering if anyone here has heard of a second show to be held in melbourne?

I read in one of the forums here that december 3rd. but i havent seen any information about this

thanks

I wish I had just waited till this sale to get tix as was very easy and very smooth (and I ended up with better seats than the presale).
Yeah a number of times when I have tried today P2 seats came up in 107-1 which is 3 blocks closer than the 110-1 seats I gor in rhe pre-sale.

The majority of the time they weren't as good as mine, but there was a peiod about 1 1/2 hours ino the sale when it consistently came up with seats somewhere in block 107-1 I casn only imagine that they were marked for promotional use or something and then got released or possibly were P1 seats that got rezoned because they were having a hard time selling P1 ??

Ah well.

Interesting to see that the cheaps seats behind the stage did not sell out quickly like everyone was predicting.

That is funny ... That Axle is a bit of a tool. I keep reading stories and catching YouTube vids of him getting audience members ejected from gigs.

Saw Slash at the Tivoli in Brissy and that was a great concert. They even record the shows and sell CDs of the gigs at the end of the show. Great quality CD too.

Can someone please explain to me why the OZ people are so so wanting of RZ tickets?

Why do they want these so much? I dont get it

Can someone please explain to me why the OZ people are so so wanting of RZ tickets?

Because the proceeds go to RED.

Last time he toured oz, he kept people waiting for more like 2 hours - he does it just so that he can say that he played past midnight and ignores all guidelines on what is actually allowed at a venue - he is a child

I was after red zone (as with all australians we are lazy and dont want to have to work for getting near the stage), but then changed my mind as would get a far better view from P1

Because it's a guarantee to get up close, without getting sunstroke from lining up all day in the killer sun. 

So yeah, we are basically lazy and want the easiest way of getting the best thing. Good position and easy access in and out.

Why do we want RZ?  .......Because December in Brisbane is ridiculously hot and sitting in line for hours is like fires of hell.... so RZ = no heat stroke, no lining up for hours (which many probably couldn't do due to work anyway), no getting crushed to death once in due to contained numbers (for a less than 5ft person this is a major thing), a good view, no having to sit through the support act, being down on the ground where you can dance etc and not worry about people behind you whinging that you sit down..... the list goes on.

Come on sydney waiting for second sale to come up or should i justring ticktec to find out

I think the fact that a lot of the shows are midweek is contributing. 

But personally $350 is ridiculous to pay when if you get to the lineup at 6pm you'll prob get as good a spot or better outside the circle, in front. 

But I presume most will just be buying them as 'they're the most expensive so they must be the best'...

Come on sydney waiting for second sale to come up or should i justring ticktec to find out

Ring them ... then tell us whats going on wink.gif (and find out bout Melbourne too)

[quote name='bluehammer wrote:

Bajagirl']Can someone please explain to me why the OZ people are so so wanting of RZ tickets?

I think the fact that a lot of the shows are midweek is contributing. 

But personally $350 is ridiculous to pay when if you get to the lineup at 6pm you'll prob get as good a spot or better outside the circle, in front. 

But I presume most will just be buying them as 'they're the most expensive so they must be the best'...

I think that is the case, I walked into the tour opener at 7pm, went got water, said hello to people, stopped at the soundboard to say hi, and ambled into the circle and got an awesome spot by Adam.happy.gif

So  if/when more dates are added will we get a pre-sale for those shows too? Hope so!

So  if/when more dates are added will we get a pre-sale for those shows too? Hope so!
Hi Paul. Good question mate. Judging by what's happened in Perth. I think not. Hope you already got some tickets.

seriously doubt it Norty - Perth 2 went on sale straight away today.......

[quote name='airwalk74 wrote:

happyme']Come on sydney waiting for second sale to come up or should i justring ticktec to find out

Ring them ... then tell us whats going on wink.gif (and find out bout Melbourne too)

Did ring was on hold for 20mins no one wanted to answer spose have to just keep checking

[quote name='happyme wrote:

airwalk74 wrote:

happyme']Come on sydney waiting for second sale to come up or should i justring ticktec to find out

Ring them ... then tell us whats going on
wink.gif
(and find out bout Melbourne too)

Did ring was on hold for 20mins no one wanted to answer spose have to just keep checking

I still am amazed the 1st show hasnt sold out and we have to wait for another to go on sale. HURRY UP!

[quote name='aussiegirl wrote:

norty']So  if/when more dates are added will we get a pre-sale for those shows too? Hope so!

seriously doubt it Norty - Perth 2 went on sale straight away today.......

Well some sorta clue  from the powers to be as to when Melb 2 will go on sale would be good, just springing it on us like Perth 2 is crap!

Don't take this for gospel but just heard from a friend who says that "there is definitely a second concert as XXXXX  has reserved Redzone tickets for our business partners on the second night". I figure I shouldn't name the company she's referring to (hence the X's!) but sounds promising..... Sure hope she's right!

here's my theory on why Melb 2 hasn't been announced. It gives the promoter a few days to promote through newspaper ads and TV that a second show is on sale. Perth 2 went on sale cause they haven't played there in years, so U2 fever is huge in Perth. Plus, Subiaco Oval is a lot smaller than Etihad Stadium..... That said, still keep an eye on ticketmaster.com.au as this is only a theory and i could be grossly wrong

Don't take this for gospel but just heard from a friend who says that "there is definitely a second concert as XXXXX  has reserved Redzone tickets for our business partners on the second night". I figure I shouldn't name the company she's referring to (hence the X's!) but sounds promising..... Sure hope she's right!

My cousin works at ANZ  Stadium Sydney and he told me there will be a 2nd show but definately not a third. But im just annoyed they havent put it up on sale yet. Gotta feelin they will wait till Monday.