Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

here's my theory on why Melb 2 hasn't been announced. It gives the promoter a few days to promote through newspaper ads and TV that a second show is on sale. Perth 2 went on sale cause they haven't played there in years, so U2 fever is huge in Perth. Plus, Subiaco Oval is a lot smaller than Etihad Stadium..... That said, still keep an eye on ticketmaster.com.au as this is only a theory and i could be grossly wrong

I think ure right. Same for Sydney, these stadiums both have the potential to hold up to 90 thousand because of the fact that the show is performed in the round, therefore pretty much all of the seating in the stadium is available, which means more tickets to be sold hence the reason why its still not sold out. Still im surprised they have not sold out yet , only the crap or really expensive seats left, but like i said im sure within the week they will have a 2nd show up for sale.

Don't take this for gospel but just heard from a friend who says that "there is definitely a second concert as XXXXX  has reserved Redzone tickets for our business partners on the second night". I figure I shouldn't name the company she's referring to (hence the X's!) but sounds promising..... Sure hope she's right!
Gotta love the prime position corporate give away tickets to people who don't really give a feck about U2

Any chance of Perth3? GA and RedZone all gone for Perth2 already.... cmon people buy the remaining seats!

Got Perth2 tickets in the suprise they were available, then realised I couldnt go :(

Any chance of Perth3? GA and RedZone all gone for Perth2 already.... cmon people buy the remaining seats!

Got Perth2 tickets in the suprise they were available, then realised I couldnt go :(

ditto

yeah, and although there's still tickets available for Melb 1, they are only single tickets, so could be hard to sell cause who's going to buy just one ticket to go on their own? Just the downside of selling tickets so quickly you don't get a chance to request exactly where to sit any more. I'm sure they'll sell a second show for Melbourne, even if the single seats don't get sold....would still be considered a sell out.

Last tiime Sydney had three concerts at ANZ stadium, I wonder if that will happen this time around.

Last tiime Sydney had three concerts at ANZ stadium, I wonder if that will happen this time around.

No chance.Vertigo 06 Syd 1,2,3 =210k and on Fri,Sat,Mon.Syd 360 1&2 =180k and more expensive and on a Mon & Tues.

They will have 2nd show in the other cities and doesnt matter if during the week. Perth often have shows during the week who cares if you love them go.

The timing is bad too. Uve got some if the biggest bands in the world touring here until the end of the year. Muse, Metallica, Bon Jovi. Alot of music lovers have allready spent big dollars on these and just can't afford it I think.

Going to metallica now there ticket prices were crazy 160 for oval. The organizers have alot to answer.  12 years ago when u2 played perth they up prices and Bono wasnt happy all these people that sat in seats at the front just sat there he was disappointed that the real fans couldnt get tickets.

WTH. I didn't know they decided to have a 2nd Perth show already so I missed out on the public sale! I was looking at the home page and was surprised to see that Perth 2 tickets have already gone sold out! Anyone have a spare GA ticket for Perth 2? I don't want to resort just yet to looking at eBay and other sites so can someone help me find just one ticket? :(

Brissy just about all sold out.

Pl1 Available

Pl2 Single seats only

Pl3 Alloc. Exhausted

Pl4 Alloc. Exhausted

Pl5 - Arena Standing Alloc. Exhausted

Pl6 - Red Zone Alloc. Exhausted

Pl7 Alloc. Exhausted

Syd ...

P1 Single seats only

P2 Available

P3 Available

P4 Single seats only

P5 - Arena Standing Alloc. Exhausted

Red Zone Alloc. Exhausted

P7 Available

P8 - Alcohol Free Single seats only

P9 - Alcohol Free Alloc. Exhausted

P10 - Alcohol Free Alloc. Exhausted

Timing is always the same its summer time and normally you have a run a bands coming over. Last time U2 was here robbie williams and pearl jam were here also alot of Perth people went to the Sydney, Melbourne shows this time they didnt need to

got my Red Zone ticket for Melbourne and a VIP ticket for Sydney - can't wait, the tickets better be awesome! i keep studying the 360 Rosebowl DVD to try and work out where I'll be when the date(s) finally arrive.

Thank goodness U2 are finally visiting Downunder once again :-)

A pre sale for us members would be nice for any additional shows.......maybe I'm dreamin'

All shows listed as Sold Out. 2nd shows all round - and 3rd for Perth please!!! Will make many Perth u2 & Muse fans happy!!!

what day will the second sydney show go on then,will it be in the sunday papers?

All shows listed as Sold Out. 2nd shows all round - and 3rd for Perth please!!! Will make many Perth u2 & Muse fans happy!!!

where have you read that they are sold out?

It says on they're sold out on this site, on the main Aus tour page - just go to u2.com and follow the links

It says on they're sold out on this site, on the main Aus tour page - just go to u2.com and follow the links

Well I think it's good that that's what it says, cause we can expect 2nd shows to be added anytime now. But still, I'm able to buy tickets on Ticketek for the Sydney show. They are showing seats are still available.Anyway who cares, as long as they add another show, that's all we want I think. Hurry it up Livenation!