Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

2ND SHOWS JUST CONFIRMED IN AUCKLAND, MELBOURNE, BRISBANE & SYDNEY.

U2 360° is a hit down under with sell outs announced in both New Zealand and Australia. And now, fans who missed out will have another chance to see U2 360° with 2nd shows now confirmed in Auckland on Friday, November 26th at Mt. Smart Stadium; in Melbourne on Friday, December 3rd at Etihad Stadium; in Brisbane on Thursday, December 9th at Suncorp Stadium and in Sydney on December 14th at ANZ Stadium.

Great news. But Baja girl did say there would be NO PRE SALE for extra shows and cause of that I used my 4 ticket limit up last week, and now it seems they will do another pre sale but now I've got none left so not happy about that.

home page has announced the extra shows and pre sales will happen again....general sale is Friday!

Presales are on again? For who and when?

home page has announced the extra shows and pre sales will happen again....general sale is Friday!

Presales are on again? For who and when?

Great news. But Baja girl did say there would be NO PRE SALE for extra shows and cause of that I used my 4 ticket limit up last week, and now it seems they will do another pre sale but now I've got none left so not happy about that.

That was the original idea, but with the issues that were had, some missed out so I am guessing they decided to do presales. And you were allowed up to 4 tickets for one show for one transaction. You CAN NOT split the use of the code over several show. I just found out eyes.gif

At this time I have no information on the upcoming shows

Further info from http://www.u2.com/tour/article/title/more-u2-360-shows-new-zealandaustralia/tours_u2_360_tour/73:

Tickets for the U2 performances in Auckland will go on sale this Thursday, September 9th. Tickets for performances in Melbourne, Brisbane & Sydney will go on sale this Friday, September 10th at all usual outlets. U2.com subscribers will be able to buy tickets ahead of the public on-sale.  Full details to follow. 

The Australian and New Zealand dates are produced by Live Nation Global Touring in association with Michael Coppel and Live Nation Australia. 

Australia & New Zealand Tour Dates

Nov. 25       Auckland, NZ     Mt. Smart Stadium   SOLD OUT

Nov. 26     Auckland, NZ       Mt. Smart Stadium     On sale Sept. 9th 9am.

Dec. 01       Melbourne, AU     Etihad Stadium       SOLD OUT

Dec. 03     Melbourne, AU     Etihad Stadium       On sale Sept. 10th 9am

Dec. 08       Brisbane, AU       Suncorp Stadium   SOLD OUT

Dec. 09     Brisbane, AU       Suncorp Stadium   On sale Sept. 10th 2pm

Dec. 13    Sydney, AU      ANZ Stadium     SOLD OUT

Dec. 14     Sydney, AU     ANZ Stadium     On sale Sept. 10th 1pm

Dec. 18 Perth, AU     Subiaco Oval           SOLD OUT

Dec. 19     Perth, AU       Subiaco Oval     SOLD OUT

Fantastic news! One question to Baja - I have one code left, however I did go into the the Ticketek buying screen just at the last minute of the pre sale, and it timed out prior to me purchasing anything (ie; said pre sale had ended). My question is - have I now buggered up that code, even though it wasn't used? If so how could I get another one? I really don't want to risk missing out on this next presale and find it won't work.... your advice would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Fantastic news! One question to Baja - I have one code left, however I did go into the the Ticketek buying screen just at the last minute of the pre sale, and it timed out prior to me purchasing anything (ie; said pre sale had ended). My question is - have I now buggered up that code, even though it wasn't used? If so how could I get another one? I really don't want to risk missing out on this next presale and find it won't work.... your advice would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Call customer service NOW!!!

You can split the use of the code over several show. I just found out eyes.gif

So, theoretically, as in my case where I used my code to only purchase 2 tickets it *should* still be valid for 2 more tickets to bring it up to the 4 ticket limit? Or is it likely to be invalid as it was used in a Ticketek transaction? I had expected the code to be struck out after use but it is still there without a line through it.

I called the u2.com help people and they told me they had no instructions re this and that I should call Ticketek..... I can't imagine that Ticketek would be able to help in any way....? Surely just giving a new code would be the easiest way to solve the problem.... Help!!!!!!

Ticketek apparently don't have a clue about anything.... I have now e mailed U2.com in the hope they will take pity on me and give me a new code or fix the old one, otherwise I'm in a rock and a hard place - I have a valid code which  I'm fully entitled to, but which will most likely not work, and neither U2.com or Ticletek will help me out..... Eeeeeekkkkkk!!!!! What can I do? Surely this is U2.com's area/issue....?

if u are unaware live nation are doing a pre sale for the second shows so if u have no codes sign up for my live nation the first shows with their pre sale they had all sections available i got 2 GAs just if u didnt know its an idea if u want tix early. not too sure about red zone tho...

Thanks for that. How would you log in to that? I am actually a member of Livenation. I really hope U2.com come through on this - I've been a member for many years now so would be disappointed if they don't help me out. All it takes is to give me a new code, surely not that difficult.....!? Maybe they will receive instructions at a later date, so will try again tomorrow and hope the pre sale doesn't start for at least a couple days!

Woot woot!!!!!

It's funny, after a year or so of detractors telling us we'd never get to see this tour, we now have more U2 360 shows per capita than anywhere else in the world!!!!!!

Woot woot!!!!!

It's funny, after a year or so of detractors telling us we'd never get to see this tour, we now have more U2 360 shows per capita than anywhere else in the world!!!!!!

[quote name='micaelita wrote:

Bajagirl']You can split the use of the code over several show. I just found out
eyes.gif

So, theoretically, as in my case where I used my code to only purchase 2 tickets it *should* still be valid for 2 more tickets to bring it up to the 4 ticket limit? Or is it likely to be invalid as it was used in a Ticketek transaction? I had expected the code to be struck out after use but it is still there without a line through it.

feck, no, that was a typo you CAN NOT split the code

Thanks for that. How would you log in to that? I am actually a member of Livenation. I really hope U2.com come through on this - I've been a member for many years now so would be disappointed if they don't help me out. All it takes is to give me a new code, surely not that difficult.....!? Maybe they will receive instructions at a later date, so will try again tomorrow and hope the pre sale doesn't start for at least a couple days!

yh i been a member of livenation for yrs aswell as u2.com but livenation should email you with all the information but hopefully u will be all sorted i was one of the fortunate ones that didnt have any trouble with u2.com..... but u should get a password for livenation if u have no luck on here.

KEEP CALLING,  ask for a supervisor. it's ticketek, not U2.com you need to call.

Fan Club Members to Contact +61 (0)2 8240 2110 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting    +61 (0)2 8240 2110   end_of_the_skype_highlighting OR 132 849 - between 9:00am – 5:30pm AEST

New Zealand: Fan Club Member to Contact 0800 TICKETEK - between 8:30am – 8:00pm NZD

Thought this might help with the Brissy second show. I think this is right, if you now any areas that are wrong let me know and I'll fix it.

u2suncorpcol.jpg

Again, thought this might help.  I am less confident with the locations on this one, so again, if you know of changes, let me know and I'll fix it up and repost.

U2Anz.jpg