Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

SandSCreative - swap P4 and P7 behind the stage. There is also P7 right at the top of the 600 sections but I am not sure where they start.

Interesting that they are saying ANZ stadium is sold out when P2 and P3 are available and some of the other categories are limited.

Thanks Sarahaus ... I'll do some fixing and repost ... when you say at the top of the 600 sections, like at the very top of the curve?

Correct. I did one search and found section 624 about row 30 in P7 so I would draw a line there and all the seats above that.

I have tried Ticketek (3 times!) and they insist they know nothing and can't help me with the code issue. U2.com give me the same explanation..... telling me to try Ticketek. I just received a confirmation e mail about pre sales, looks like they are on Mon/Tues, so doesn't leave much time for me to get this sorted..... Anyone..??!!! I think I'll be completely grey by the time this presale is over!

[quote name='Bajagirl wrote:

dfunk257']Great news. But Baja girl did say there would be NO PRE SALE for extra shows and cause of that I used my 4 ticket limit up last week, and now it seems they will do another pre sale but now I've got none left so not happy about that.

That was the original idea, but with the issues that were had, some missed out so I am guessing they decided to do presales. And you were allowed up to 4 tickets for one show for one transaction. You CAN NOT split the use of the code over several show. I just found out eyes.gif

At this time I have no information on the upcoming shows

If I knew that there was going to be another pre sale for the extra shows, I wouldn't have used my code in the 1st place. I appreciate the work uve been doing here Baja Girl, uve done a great job. But as far as the way u2.com has organised this pre sale, it's abit of a joke. The thing I'm most dissapointed in is 2 things. Why do U2 members who pay $ to be part of the family of devoted fans have a limit of only 4 tickets when ticket agencies have a limit of 8, it's abit unfair on the real fans I think. And then even worse, your 4 ticket limit can only be used for 1 show! I'm sorry for whinging but I still can't imagine U2 saying to their fans, "we only want you to go to 1 show". Why on earth would any band limit the amount of concerts their fans want to go to? Anyway if I miss out on Friday I'm sure I will find tickets sumwhere, I just hope it's not on eBay!

OK, it appears missing out members have another presale opportunity, I don't think this normally happens with secondary concerts so kudos to the FC.

Read the board, understand any ticketing agent quirks.

Read the instructions.

Let Baja get some sleep this week.

Sands - I also think that most of the lower sections in briz are P1 not just on the side? If you try to get tickets in P1 now it gives you lower tier towards the back i thought

I hope people appreciate that these colour key maps are not official ... just trying to make helpful guides so that people can get a quicker idea of what they are looking at when the madness begins again.

Great maps though - shame that the actual maps were never put up, I am sure it was a deliberate tactic.

Great maps though - shame that the actual maps were never put up, I am sure it was a deliberate tactic.
By whom and for what?

Everything seems to have been kinda rushed.

Rareluy do you see an announcement and ticketing start so close to an event.

Ticketing could have had more time to prepare, at least with a bit of testing.

I am kinda surprised the seating zones haven't been sorted at by at least now.

Only those members who didnt use their code have a presale opportunity (therefore it is not another presale opportunity for all members)

Unless you've subscribed for more than one year, and have a second or third code up your sleeves

Only those members who didnt use their code have a presale opportunity (therefore it is not another presale opportunity for all members)

Unless you've subscribed for more than one year, and have a second or third code up your sleeves

i registered recently with Livenation and have not seen anything yet...just keep logging in, in case they've updated!

Is anybody here registered with livenation? Where do you go to get pre sale tickets or do you have to wait for them to put it up?
I am. They send out a newsletter to subscribers with links to the presales. But, for the last presale I just used the links Baja posted. Have not had a newsletter with details of the second dates presale.

my P1 "U2 Fan Package" ticket for Sydney that cost $495 just says 'TBA288'...where ever that is eyes.gif 

So please forgive my ingorance,but as i follow if we have a code left over that was not used last pre sale we are able to use this at this pre sale (please say im correct) has any body heard when pre sale starts this time? or are we just wating for email (carnt bear the stress of this wating caper again!)

Ok have just seen an email saying pre sale is monday/tuesday no time etc,but was on the live nation site & they reacon that there are still ticks for perth show but go to there site to check if this is real 

REDZONE - more crowded for Oz than other territories? Just researching the posts for Redzone tickets, it seems the number of tickets being sold for RZ is steadily increasing as the tour progresses. In the early US shows it was 200+ for each RZ, then later up to 400 for the Euro shows. I'm just worried that the numbers the promoter is trying to squish in for the Aussie shows could be even greater for the Redzone. Can baja or a U2.com rep explain what seems to to be happening? I don't want to pay out megabucks for a family of four to have a sardine surrogate GA experience.

Hi All

Collating the info over here (as bosses in Europe) and will post when I have it. But yes, let me get some sleep this week.

To clarify:

If you have a pre-sale code that starts with 3U2 and used it, you cannot resubscribe and get another code

If you have a pre-sale code that starts with 3U2 and DID NOT use it, you may use this in the upcoming pre-sale

If you have am unused pre-sale code that starts with U2 or 2U2 this means you were a member a while a go, and can renew and extend your membership and get a new code CAVEAT: If you let your membership lapse the new code will be in the CEDAR group

Any unused codes may be used for the upcoming pre-sale

At this time I have not received any information indicating that there has been any improvement done on the ticketing systems, so please be aware that at this time, the code time out is still in place.

Members codes can be used for ONE show, up to FOUR tickets, of the same type, purchased in ONE transaction

Codes cannot be split into different types of tickets, or dates or locations.

Your code appears on the TOURS page and on the ACCOUNT INFO page, you do not need the email to purchase your tickets

DO NOT get all stressed, there has ALWAYS been an excess amount of tickets for resale by members (At face value) on this and other fan boards. You will get in, you wont miss out. (e,g, I went to Dublin at the last minute and got into all 3 shows, bought my tickets at face from people I met on here)

More as it comes

Baja

Hi All

Collating the info over here (as bosses in Europe) and will post when I have it. But yes, let me get some sleep this week.

To clarify:

If you have a pre-sale code that starts with 3U2 and used it, you cannot resubscribe and get another code

If you have a pre-sale code that starts with 3U2 and DID NOT use it, you may use this in the upcoming pre-sale

If you have am unused pre-sale code that starts with U2 or 2U2 this means you were a member a while a go, and can renew and extend your membership and get a new code CAVEAT: If you let your membership lapse the new code will be in the CEDAR group

Any unused codes may be used for the upcoming pre-sale

At this time I have not received any information indicating that there has been any improvement done on the ticketing systems, so please be aware that at this time, the code time out is still in place.

Members codes can be used for ONE show, up to FOUR tickets, of the same type, purchased in ONE transaction

Codes cannot be split into different types of tickets, or dates or locations.

Your code appears on the TOURS page and on the ACCOUNT INFO page, you do not need the email to purchase your tickets

DO NOT get all stressed, there has ALWAYS been an excess amount of tickets for resale by members (At face value) on this and other fan boards. You will get in, you wont miss out. (e,g, I went to Dublin at the last minute and got into all 3 shows, bought my tickets at face from people I met on here)

More as it comes

Baja

Not sure if I am interpreting this wrong but you state  "codes cannot be split into different types of tickets, or dates or locations" but a friend of mine purchased 2 ga tickets + 2 stand tickets for the 1st auckland show using their presale code, they now have the tickets. I was intending on doing the same for the second show using a presale code. Can you confirm whether this is actually possible?