Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

you are not supposed to and you risk having your tickets cancelled. They have their tix already????? Are you sure about that? They can still be cancelled by TM even if they have been posted out.

Mellyu2-I am signed up to Livenation and got the last email-hs another been sent out yet and when is the Live Nation presale as my code on U2.com has a big line thorugh it

Thanks for the info. I still had no joy from Ticketek re my potentially dodgy code - but they told me to call back tomorrow when they knew more... so maybe they can help me reset the code then (hmmm, call me the eternal optimist!)... I would have just tried the damn code  at presale time and if it didn't work (is bound not to) would have just called them then, however was hoping for 2 Redzone tics and I know they will go fast, so just hoped I could get it sorted before the fact, but not sounding like that's going to be possible. Anyway, it sounds like you've done everything you can your end, so thanks for that - clearly U2.com are not happy to give out 'replacement' codes, so I guess that's that. I will try my luck AGAIN with Ticketek in the morning - I'm sure they must think I'm insane - only a U2 fan eh!!!

Hi Baja. Thanks heaps for your help with the first Aus pre-sale.  I was only lurking but the advice you were giving others really helped me too!

Would you be able to confirm if I can use my unused pre-sale code that starts with "U2" for the second shows pre-sale? (I am a Breathe member).  During the first pre-sale I used only the code starting with "3U2" but did not use my "U2" code.

Thank you!

What about new subscribers? If more people subscribe now will they get codes that can be used in this presale?

I'm worried now. Just checked my 'account info' page and it still lists my codes that I used last week to get in and secure tickets for Brisbane (4 tix per transaction, all GA).

Should I be worried? Does this mean the codes havent been used (ie might my tickets get cancelled)?

Where can i see my codes? I should have two and can't find them anywhere.
Click on you account info on the top right corner of the home page and it should have them listed.. happy.gif

Thanks Sal...found them!

I'll put this out there while i'm here: I have 2 Red Zone tix for Perth 2...wanting to swap for Melbourne tix

[quote name='Reid NZ wrote:

Bajagirl']Hi All

Collating the info over here (as bosses in Europe) and will post when I have it. But yes, let me get some sleep this week.

To clarify:

If you have a pre-sale code that starts with 3U2 and used it, you cannot resubscribe and get another code

If you have a pre-sale code that starts with 3U2 and DID NOT use it, you may use this in the upcoming pre-sale

If you have am unused pre-sale code that starts with U2 or 2U2 this means you were a member a while a go, and can renew and extend your membership and get a new code CAVEAT: If you let your membership lapse the new code will be in the CEDAR group

Hi Bajgirl....I have been a member for about 2 and a half years and have 2 codes.  The newer one started with 2U2 (I used that in the first Brisbane presale) and the other starts with just U2 and I have never used it.  Can I confirm that the older one starting with U2 is still valid?  Not sure from the bit I have highlighted above whether that means it is or not as you refer to being able to get a new a new code if members have unused codes starting with U2 or 2U2?   Surely they wouldn't have to if those codes were unused??  Sorry, just a bit confused.

Also,  (probably what is adding to my confusion) is that the used code is still showing in both my account info and on the presale page in the bit with the gold background. Surely if it has been used it shouldn't be showing here now?

Thanks again.....was reading many of the posts last week and you have been seriously awesome and patient with everyone!

Cheers Karen...

Any unused codes may be used for the upcoming pre-sale

At this time I have not received any information indicating that there has been any improvement done on the ticketing systems, so please be aware that at this time, the code time out is still in place.

Members codes can be used for ONE show, up to FOUR tickets, of the same type, purchased in ONE transaction

Codes cannot be split into different types of tickets, or dates or locations.

Your code appears on the TOURS page and on the ACCOUNT INFO page, you do not need the email to purchase your tickets

DO NOT get all stressed, there has ALWAYS been an excess amount of tickets for resale by members (At face value) on this and other fan boards. You will get in, you wont miss out. (e,g, I went to Dublin at the last minute and got into all 3 shows, bought my tickets at face from people I met on here)

More as it comes

Baja

Not sure if I am interpreting this wrong but you state  "codes cannot be split into different types of tickets, or dates or locations" but a friend of mine purchased 2 ga tickets + 2 stand tickets for the 1st auckland show using their presale code, they now have the tickets. I was intending on doing the same for the second show using a presale code. Can you confirm whether this is actually possible?

Whats the name of the song played just before U2 come onstage ?

It's a yet to be released U2 song called "Soon" (was called "Kingdom") Search it on youtube grin.gif

Whats the name of the song played just before U2 come onstage ?

laugh.gif

Is there anywhere i can see a proper seating plan for the melbourne shows? I am going to get tix for the second show and am thinking about seating to get a different perspective than the GA tix i have for the first show.

[quote name='sal71 wrote:

Jets FC']Whats the name of the song played just before U2 come onstage ?

laugh.gif

biggrin2.gif

[quote name=How can they actually do that?  The conditions of those tickets are that they can only be picked up on the day of the concert by the credit card holder who purchased the tickets - have to show the credit card at the collection office.  Scalpers fully suck!!!!

SandSCreative]Some fan club mongrel is selling Brissy RZs on Ebay.

Is there anywhere i can see a proper seating plan for the melbourne shows? I am going to get tix for the second show and am thinking about seating to get a different perspective than the GA tix i have for the first show.
Look back to page 98 of this thread

[quote name='Ju_Ju_Man wrote:

Jets FC']Whats the name of the song played just before U2 come onstage ?

It's a yet to be released U2 song called "Soon" (was called "Kingdom") Search it on youtube grin.gifListening to that makes me feel like U2's the buddhism of music heh

Woot woot!!!!!

It's funny, after a year or so of detractors telling us we'd never get to see this tour, we now have more U2 360 shows per capita than anywhere else in the world!!!!!!

That's right Mick. Bloody pelicans roll.gif

So please forgive my ingorance,but as i follow if we have a code left over that was not used last pre sale we are able to use this at this pre sale (please say im correct) has any body heard when pre sale starts this time? or are we just wating for email (carnt bear the stress of this wating caper again!)

Ok have just seen an email saying pre sale is monday/tuesday no time etc,but was on the live nation site & they reacon that there are still ticks for perth show but go to there site to check if this is real 

Hi Happyme,

How are you logging onto this site?  If you come in via a bookmarked page to anywhere within the site, such as to the message boards or home page you won/t see it.  Just go directly to www.u2.com  (don't put forward slash home or anything else at all).

This will bring you to the welcome page prior to the home page where you will see a screen split in two with two different pictures.  On the right it says continue to Homepage and on the left it says U2 360 2010 tour New Zealand / Australia.  If you click on that it will give you everything you re the times for the pre-sale etc.  All that detail is in the top 'gold' bit.

You will also see your codes (be careful though, it may still shows the code you have already used....but the email pretty clearly says you cannot use it).  Click on the word 'ticket' for the concert you want and it will take you to your ticket agency site which also has details of the pre sales.  Make sure you have logged into that prior though when it comes to buying as that can get a bit confusing.  Alternatively you can click on the date in the email you received of the concert you want and that too will take you to the pre sale page on the ticketing agencies site.

Good luck!
Karen

Thanks again Baja for all the info. I received the newsletter e mail from U2.com and it was pretty clear and concise. They didn't mention that if you already had a code starting with 3U2 that you couldn't resubscribe and get a new code though, but I see you have clarified that here....

PS - I see the Livenation presale starts 3pm Tues.... no password forthcoming yet though....

Thanks for the info. I still had no joy from Ticketek re my potentially dodgy code - but they told me to call back tomorrow when they knew more... so maybe they can help me reset the code then (hmmm, call me the eternal optimist!)... I would have just tried the damn code  at presale time and if it didn't work (is bound not to) would have just called them then, however was hoping for 2 Redzone tics and I know they will go fast, so just hoped I could get it sorted before the fact, but not sounding like that's going to be possible. Anyway, it sounds like you've done everything you can your end, so thanks for that - clearly U2.com are not happy to give out 'replacement' codes, so I guess that's that. I will try my luck AGAIN with Ticketek in the morning - I'm sure they must think I'm insane - only a U2 fan eh!!!

Just got this a few minutes ago from LN contact

"Due to the changes in the TTK presale system there should be NO locked codes, unless they were actually used"

So your code should be fine as it was not used. So, since you have not used it, and they changed their system, it should be fine *crosses fingers*

[quote name='MissKaren wrote:

How can they actually do that?  The conditions of those tickets are that they can only be picked up on the day of the concert by the credit card holder who purchased the tickets - have to show the credit card at the collection office.  Scalpers fully suck!!!!

SandSCreative']Some fan club mongrel is selling Brissy RZs on Ebay.

I'm guessing the seller will meet the buyer at the stadium and hand em over.