Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

Thanks I got 'cheap' seats section L2 47, row E, seats 12-9. What are they like?(don't think they are on your map as cheap seats)

You are at the rear of the stage (near the gate 3 sign).   Not sure on the view.  You are five rows behind the Level 2 barrier.

Behind the stage-perfect smile.gif Yeah P7 39 dollars each I think (plus all the fees-4 tix)-thought I would try the cheap seats as got GA for Melbs1 and Perth1(and done GA las vegas and Houston)

When I let my wife know she said that she had heard on the radio that there were problems with the pre-sale and that no one could buy tickets.

I must have just got straight in once they were fixed and came up for sale.

It boggles my mind that in 2010 there can be such situations with ticket sales. Back in the day you could fill rooms with hideously expensive computer equipment and still not get the computer power that fits in an iPhone of today, and yet the selling of tickets to a multi multi million dollar event can still be such a disaster. Very perplexing. Shouldn't technology be making things better?

And I know no-one has actually asked me to sit and photoshop seating plans so they make a little bit of sense, but seriously, how does that become too hard for the venues to do????

Not that I am whinging .... I'm not even taking part in this presale. It does seem like it has generally had less drama than the last one. So that is good.

[quote name='SandSCreative wrote:

Nniixx']When I let my wife know she said that she had heard on the radio that there were problems with the pre-sale and that no one could buy tickets.

It boggles my mind that in 2010 there can be such situations with ticket sales. Back in the day you could fill rooms with hideously expensive computer equipment and still not get the computer power that fits in an iPhone of today, and yet the selling of tickets to a multi multi million dollar event can still be such a disaster. Very perplexing. Shouldn't technology be making things better?

And I know no-one has actually asked me to sit and photoshop seating plans so they make a little bit of sense, but seriously, how does that become to hard for the venues to do????

Not that I am whinging .... I'm not even taking part in this presale. It does seem like it has generally had less drama than the last one. So that is good.

This is the one that for the NRL match that was available straight away yesterday - coudn't be much clearer

sfx62290.gif

This is the one that for the NRL match that was available straight away yesterday

Begs the question why none of the Aussie venues have been able to do that. The Auckland venue had a proper U2 map straight away too.

Nniixx']

This is the one that for the NRL match that was available straight away yesterday

Begs the question why none of the Aussie venues have been able to do that. The Auckland venue had a proper U2 map straight away too.

Yeah the Muppets in Australia can't do the maps-call them and ask to speak to someone senior and offer your services. Or maybe they change their mind on the prices of the tickets every few minutes so can't do a map(they can't sort out the password thing so...I suppose maps are so difficult for them) Thanks for your maps btw.

Ticketek has now been fixed and if you go back to it there is now a new password box which works.

So happy just got RZ1 for Bris. Good luck to everyone still trying for them.

Yes...that was all a bit weird and stressful this morning.....had 3 browsers up and got in right on 9.00 am put in code and went to choose tickets but absolutely no drop down working to choose them....although it said on right hand side they were available. (Brisbane show).  Tried again...got old problem again of saying code invalid.  Tried 2nd unused code and it didn't like it at all.....was panicing and trying codes in different browsers...sometimes getting past but still the dropdown wasn't working in the ticket category part.....in any price range at all!  Although saying available.  Anyhow, all of a sudden after nearly 15 minutes it was there and I got through and got my 2 x Redzone tickets.  Yay!  But very stressful.  (I tried ringing Ticketek too and eventually got through but was put on an endless loop of recorded messages. )  OMG.....2 computers.....3 browsers....1 phone.....it shouldn't be that hard!!!

It actually looked to me like there was some sort if Ticketek IT error on the site for the dropdown box price category part....particularly as it was for every ticket price....not just Redzone.  What's going on with Ticketek???

Anyhow relieved now....but can't believe how many problems there has been with these pre-sales.

Nniixx']

Maybe it was to deliberately keep people in the dark otherwise people would look at the map and see that some of the more expensive seats might have a strage viewing angle eg the $299 ones are closest, but side on to the stage and were worried that poeple might baulk at buying them.

Which is what's happening anyway as there are still some P2 and P3.

[quote name='MissKaren wrote:

RockyU2']Ticketek has now been fixed and if you go back to it there is now a new password box which works.

Yes...that was all a bit weird and stressful this morning.....had 3 browsers up and got in right on 9.00 am put in code and went to choose tickets but absolutely no drop down working to choose them....although it said on right hand side they were available. (Brisbane show).  Tried again...got old problem again of saying code invalid.  Tried 2nd unused code and it didn't like it at all.....was panicing and trying codes in different browsers...sometimes getting past but still the dropdown wasn't working in the ticket category part.....in any price range at all!  Although saying available.  Anyhow, all of a sudden after nearly 15 minutes it was there and I got through and got my 2 x Redzone tickets.  Yay!  But very stressful.  (I tried ringing Ticketek too and eventually got through but was put on an endless loop of recorded messages. )  OMG.....2 computers.....3 browsers....1 phone.....it shouldn't be that hard!!!

It actually looked to me like there was some sort if Ticketek IT error on the site for the dropdown box price category part....particularly as it was for every ticket price....not just Redzone.  What's going on with Ticketek???

Anyhow relieved now....but can't believe how many problems there has been with these pre-sales.

With all this stress-must have got our hearts pumping-burnt the calories tired.gif nap time now(been up since 6am here in Perth RDO)(As I am a glutton for punishment I have been on the phone with Telstra trying to sort out a phone fault whilst I was buying tix-3 operators and no satisfactory solution but at least I got 4 cheap seats to M2 during that time.) Now just need a concert in Perth -3rd one-on the Friday and I will be happy(can't use my Perth 2 tix as forgot I have a Muse tix)

It would be good to locate where the 'cheap' seats are for each stadium though.

Maybe it was to deliberately keep people in the dark otherwise people would look at the map and see that some of the more expensive seats might have a strage viewing angle eg the $299 ones are closest, but side on to the stage and were worried that poeple might baulk at buying them.

Which is what's happening anyway as there are still some P2 and P3.

Yes I saw the $299 tix at Etihad were way on the rear/side in Aisle 40, but the $229 Aisle 34 seats where I got were on the "wing" of the stadium with a better view.   I think those side $300 tix are not good value.

I work in IT, I should ring up Ticketek Human Resources and say "give me a job".

When they ask my qulaifications I could reply "does it matter I'd have to be better than what you've currently got, 'cause they're fu#$%^ !!"

I work in IT, I should ring up Ticketek Human Resources and say "give me a job".

When they ask my qulaifications I could reply "does it matter I'd have to be better than what you've currently got, 'cause they're fu#$%^ !!"

Ha ha!.....Thanks Nniixx....you just gave me a good laugh......and I think you should definitely do it!  :-)

Btw everyone it's not just U2 pre-sales.

My boys and wife are big Wests Tigers fans with my boys having fan club membership.

They got an email on the weekend with a pre-sales code for finals tickets.

The pre-sale started at 9.00am yesterday.

So....

I logged into Ticketek using the pre-sale code, absolutely terrified of stuffing it up, locking it out etc (thanks U2.com presale for that) and it let me in but then no matter what category I selected would not display the prices or anything, just said no ticket information available.

So I started stressing, damn pre-sales, and called my wife to get the boys membership numbers as it said they would be required if I called Ticketek.

She found their passes and gave me the numbers, which I noticed were the same as their codes. Doh.

Anyway I tried Ticketek website again and now it said that information was un-available for the presale.

I left my desk for about 10 minutes and when I returned I hit refresh a few times and suddenly the sales info was back up and I logged in with one of the codes, selected the categories and the prices came up and I proceeded and got Row A of section 35 at the SFS which according to the coloured seating venue map are right on halfway line presumably the first row.

When I let my wife know she said that she had heard on the radio that there were problems with the pre-sale and that no one could buy tickets.

Don't waste your money the Roosters are going to flog the Tigers tongue.gif

Ticket sales for M2 have almost stopped with all but RZ still available. (Still hurting over that Ticketmaster RZ stuffup this morning). I think everyone who has a pre-sale code has used it.

[quote name='MissKaren wrote:

RockyU2']Ticketek has now been fixed and if you go back to it there is now a new password box which works.

I had pretty much the same problem with the sydney show i thought that was going to miss out & have to fight it out on friday but when i went in about th e15mins latter they all droped down & let me in fine have the $229 tix as my daughter wanted to sit looks like should have a good vieweek.gif 

tickets=Check

Motel booked=Check

now just bring on the boys 

[quote name='kings wrote:

Nniixx']

Btw everyone it's not just U2 pre-sales.

My boys and wife are big Wests Tigers fans with my boys having fan club membership.

They got an email on the weekend with a pre-sales code for finals tickets.

The pre-sale started at 9.00am yesterday.

So....

I logged into Ticketek using the pre-sale code, absolutely terrified of stuffing it up, locking it out etc (thanks U2.com presale for that) and it let me in but then no matter what category I selected would not display the prices or anything, just said no ticket information available.

So I started stressing, damn pre-sales, and called my wife to get the boys membership numbers as it said they would be required if I called Ticketek.

She found their passes and gave me the numbers, which I noticed were the same as their codes. Doh.

Anyway I tried Ticketek website again and now it said that information was un-available for the presale.

I left my desk for about 10 minutes and when I returned I hit refresh a few times and suddenly the sales info was back up and I logged in with one of the codes, selected the categories and the prices came up and I proceeded and got Row A of section 35 at the SFS which according to the coloured seating venue map are right on halfway line presumably the first row.

Don't waste your money the Roosters are going to flog the Tigers tongue.gif

I'm a Parra fan so my season is already over. frown.gif

I had pretty much the same problem with the sydney show i thought that was going to miss out & have to fight it out on friday but when i went in about th e15mins latter they all droped down & let me in fine have the $229 tix as my daughter wanted to sit looks like should have a good view
eek.gif

Where did you get?

I had pretty much the same problem with the sydney show i thought that was going to miss out & have to fight it out on friday but when i went in about th e15mins latter they all droped down & let me in fine have the $229 tix as my daughter wanted to sit looks like should have a good view
eek.gif

Where did you get?

section 110-1 row 27

Are the presales always like this?  I joined up after vertigo in 06 vowing to never miss - I've got all the tickets I wanted for this tour (two auckland shows + brisbane & hoping for brisbane 2 in the public sales) but wtf.. talk about stressful and it seems like i've got off lightly compared to heaps of people.

[quote name='happyme wrote:

powervideo']
eek.gif

Where did you get?

section 110-1 row 27I'm in 110-1 row 26 for the first show.

Are the presales always like this?  I joined up after vertigo in 06 vowing to never miss - I've got all the tickets I wanted for this tour (two auckland shows + brisbane & hoping for brisbane 2 in the public sales) but wtf.. talk about stressful and it seems like i've got off lightly compared to heaps of people.
Who knows.

Even the Livenation pre-sale seemed 1000 times easier than the U2.COM fan sale.

When the public sale started I was back and forth adding and removing tickets of different categories to see what would come up.

I couldnlt believe how easy it was to get in and find tickets in the public sale as back in 2006 I couldn't even get in to the website and then camped out for the second show

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:

Reid NZ']Are the presales always like this?  I joined up after vertigo in 06 vowing to never miss - I've got all the tickets I wanted for this tour (two auckland shows + brisbane & hoping for brisbane 2 in the public sales) but wtf.. talk about stressful and it seems like i've got off lightly compared to heaps of people.

Who knows.

Even the Livenation pre-sale seemed 1000 times easier than the U2.COM fan sale.

When the public sale started I was back and forth adding and removing tickets of different categories to see what would come up.

I couldnlt believe how easy it was to get in and find tickets in the public sale as back in 2006 I couldn't even get in to the website and then camped out for the second show

Agreed on the public sales - I purchased some tickets for a friend on the public sale thinking it would be way hard. but does make you wonder.  I'm glad for the presales, because it reduced the stress sort of.  But for some people its been a nightmare.  I have a mate who gets a preferential ticket purchase because they live 5mins from suncorp - turn up at 3pm day before public sales (first show) with about 20 others - thats perfect!

Still it all be worth it when we get to the shows!