Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

[quote name='Reid NZ wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

Reid NZ']Are the presales always like this?  I joined up after vertigo in 06 vowing to never miss - I've got all the tickets I wanted for this tour (two auckland shows + brisbane & hoping for brisbane 2 in the public sales) but wtf.. talk about stressful and it seems like i've got off lightly compared to heaps of people.

Who knows.

Even the Livenation pre-sale seemed 1000 times easier than the U2.COM fan sale.

When the public sale started I was back and forth adding and removing tickets of different categories to see what would come up.

I couldnlt believe how easy it was to get in and find tickets in the public sale as back in 2006 I couldn't even get in to the website and then camped out for the second show

Agreed on the public sales - I purchased some tickets for a friend on the public sale thinking it would be way hard. but does make you wonder.  I'm glad for the presales, because it reduced the stress sort of.  But for some people its been a nightmare.  I have a mate who gets a preferential ticket purchase because they live 5mins from suncorp - turn up at 3pm day before public sales (first show) with about 20 others - thats perfect!

Still it all be worth it when we get to the shows!

Sure will be.

Foxtel had the 360 concert and every U2 video ever released on the weekend recorded both and it was about 6 hours of U2 on Father's day.

My boys (11 and 6) are looking forward to it.

Will have to pull out the Zoo TV, Popmart, Elevation and Vertigo DVDs over the coming months.

Only 97 days to go until Sydney concert 1

I want pizzas from Larry!!!

and how can we get GA Inner Circle to look like this in Melbs? (Irish flag done just with paper-looks good from a distance)

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:

happyme wrote:

powervideo']
I had pretty much the same problem with the sydney show i thought that was going to miss out & have to fight it out on friday but when i went in about th e15mins latter they all droped down & let me in fine have the $229 tix as my daughter wanted to sit looks like should have a good view
eek.gif

Where did you get?

section 110-1 row 27
I'm in 110-1 row 26 for the first show.

Im up in the nose bleeds for first show section 610 but front row of that sow you can give us a wave from your spot

Reid NZ wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

Reid NZ']Are the presales always like this?  I joined up after vertigo in 06 vowing to never miss - I've got all the tickets I wanted for this tour (two auckland shows + brisbane & hoping for brisbane 2 in the public sales) but wtf.. talk about stressful and it seems like i've got off lightly compared to heaps of people.

Who knows.

Even the Livenation pre-sale seemed 1000 times easier than the U2.COM fan sale.

When the public sale started I was back and forth adding and removing tickets of different categories to see what would come up.

I couldnlt believe how easy it was to get in and find tickets in the public sale as back in 2006 I couldn't even get in to the website and then camped out for the second show

Agreed on the public sales - I purchased some tickets for a friend on the public sale thinking it would be way hard. but does make you wonder.  I'm glad for the presales, because it reduced the stress sort of.  But for some people its been a nightmare.  I have a mate who gets a preferential ticket purchase because they live 5mins from suncorp - turn up at 3pm day before public sales (first show) with about 20 others - thats perfect!

Still it all be worth it when we get to the shows!

Sure will be.

Foxtel had the 360 concert and every U2 video ever released on the weekend recorded both and it was about 6 hours of U2 on Father's day.

My boys (11 and 6) are looking forward to it.

Will have to pull out the Zoo TV, Popmart, Elevation and Vertigo DVDs over the coming months.

Only 97 days to go until Sydney concert 1

Shame i missed this sounds great,i was in JB hi fi the other day& they were playing the 360 dvd my kids were embarasedd that i just stood in front of the big screen watching They said dont you have this,mine think im crasy with count down calender on fridge its 15 weeks to sydneyroll.gif

You guys should all be hitting Akld for either of the shows - just that much sooner...

LN is Wednesday I think-although no email from them as yet.

See my rant/rants in the International Forum - Aussie thread. Frustrated and stressed out to the max over Ticketek refusing my 2 untouched and unused presale codes and therefore missed out on Sydney RedZone tickets ... ggrrrrrr

See my rant/rants in the International Forum - Aussie thread. Frustrated and stressed out to the max over Ticketek refusing my 2 untouched and unused presale codes and therefore missed out on Sydney RedZone tickets ... ggrrrrrr

Jangles - that really sucks!! - really hope you have some luck in the LN presale or general sale.

Well they refused to sell me four tickets to me over the 'phone this morning telling me "Redzone can only be sold to VIP customers". I've written to them and have had to purchase four other expensive seated tickets. If they don't resolve this after my correspondence I am going to take action in the small claims tribunal against Ticketmaster.

Well they refused to sell me four tickets to me over the 'phone this morning telling me "Redzone can only be sold to VIP customers". I've written to them and have had to purchase four other expensive seated tickets. If they don't resolve this after my correspondence I am going to take action in the small claims tribunal against Ticketmaster.
Can only be sold to VIP customers WTF? Think someone got something wrong there

They are general sale tix-new muppet at TM or usual muppets

That sux-maybe you could have just got GA as better pos than seated...

You are a paid subscriber to U2.COM aren't you ?

Free members don't get a code or access to the presale.

I'm mainly upset about it because I wanted my two kids to have a real blast at their first rock concert in RZ close-up.  Now I've spent $1,700 to get into a hell of a mess.  Jeeeshhh.

I'm mainly upset about it because I wanted my two kids to have a real blast at their first rock concert in RZ close-up.  Now I've spent $1,700 to get into a hell of a mess.  Jeeeshhh.
What 4 seats cost you $1700 ?

So you're not a paid up U2.com member with a code?

Just get GA if thats the case(although seems you have bought seated tix etc as well by now)

I was 14 the first time I saw them and plenty of kids go. If you did not have a valid code for the presale that is why they did not sell them to you-theres members who couldn't even get them with a code

And last LN presale there were no RZs and for some reason Australian audience is snapping them up like hotcakes(I would get one if I could afford it after so many GAs I have done but really its not worth it-meaning its not worth it compared to a GA for 99 as you can get a better position and for GA virgins the line up can be interesting)

My sister paid $399 a ticket to see George Michael and insisted her husband went with her.

Not sure where GM played at or where her seats were in relation to the stage ?

My sister paint $399 a ticket to see George Michael and insisted her husband wen with her.

Not sure where he played at or where her seats were in relation to the stage ?

Did you have more luck this time round mate?

My sister paint $399 a ticket to see George Michael and insisted her husband wen with her.

Not sure where he played at or where her seats were in relation to the stage ?

Did you have more luck this time round mate?

powervideo']I'm mainly upset about it because I wanted my two kids to have a real blast at their first rock concert in RZ close-up.  Now I've spent $1,700 to get into a hell of a mess.  Jeeeshhh.

No, 4 x P2 and 2 x RZ1 = $1700 (approx)

powervideo']Well they refused to sell me four tickets to me over the 'phone this morning telling me
"Redzone can only be sold to VIP customers".
I've written to them and have had to purchase four other expensive seated tickets. If they don't resolve this after my correspondence I am going to take action in the small claims tribunal against Ticketmaster.

You are a paid subscriber to U2.COM aren't you ?

Free members don't get a code or access to the presale.

Yep I'm a paid subscriber with 2U2 and 3U2 codes.

My wife paid something like $1500 for a couple of Stones tix once for my b'day. They were front row and it was pretty amazing (Mr Richards entered into a little bit of a 'how about it?' with her ... she didn't take him up on the offer and no, I was not in the least bit offended).

I probably shouldn't admit to that whilst having an anti scalping attitude! Bit hypocritical.

[quote name='powervideo wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

powervideo']I'm mainly upset about it because I wanted my two kids to have a real blast at their first rock concert in RZ close-up.  Now I've spent $1,700 to get into a hell of a mess.  Jeeeshhh.

No, 4 x P2 and 2 x RZ1 = $1700 (approx)

Perhaps put an ad on the ticket trade board to buy a couple of RZ1s and if you get someone who wants to sell, then advertise the 4 P2s. Or ... try and get some RZs in the public sale. If you can get in when the gates open you have a pretty good chance of getting them.

Wow I got 6 GAs and 5 cheaps seats ... bout $900 in the end ... now to book airfare

Its always handy getting tix early and would probably not consider paying much over face for tix but there's always tix available for around face...I got U2 Las Vegas 2 days before-already had a  stands tix but wanted GA...and got 3 Muse tix for Melbs off a dude on Whirlpool...and sold tix for L.Cohen face on the day of the gig...there's ways and means w/o spending too much or giving your money to ticket touts