Sign in to follow this  
Bajagirl

iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

U2 selecting Jay-Z may well prove to be the Big Mistake they made. No matter how popular he is in his genre, it may well have hurt ticket sales more than if they had Snow Patrol or another hot OS rock band. I like Empire State of Mind, but I think U2 has made a big mistake with this particular audience.

U2 selecting Jay-Z may well prove to be the Big Mistake they made. No matter how popular he is in his genre, it may well have hurt ticket sales more than if they had Snow Patrol or another hot OS rock band. I like Empire State of Mind, but I think U2 has made a big mistake with this particular audience.
There is some great oz music around and I thought bands like Jet, The Living End & so forth would have loved the idea of playing to some massive crowds - would have been a real bonus being able to see someone like that.

Does anyone know how the selection works?

I'm so glad other people feel the same about Jay Z being the opening act for U2. I thought I was just getting old!!!

jay z gives me the shits.it's the same as kanye west supporting in 2006.crap bands that have nothing really in common with rock music or the type of fans attending the concert

Hey Sarahaus....my tickets from the U2.com presale for Melb 1 came on Wednesday (September 8). Tickets from Live Nation presale for Melb 2 came on Friday. I ordered express post for them. Now very relieved they have arrived...no more stressing until the gigs arrive. Hope yours come soon.

Has anyone been in the Red Zone before? I have 2 tickets for Red Zone for Melb 1 - had a look at photos from the 360 concerts I went to in Europe last year and now realise we won't be immediately next to the stage but rather next to the circular walkway. Reckon those with GA who que up super early and make it to the front will have a much closer view of the band.

I did a little research on this and it seems (based on previous shows anyway) that if you are Redzone you also have the option of going into the 'Pit' (inner circle) if you want to. Most people are saying that the view is really good from the Redzone area as you are the same height as the catwalk, whereas in the inner circle you are quite a bit lower than the stage and have to look up. Apparently the band make regular trips around the catwalk to the Rezone areas, so you will definitely get to see them up close. In saying that, in the inner circle you are closer to the band and I'd guess would get that really intimate experience. I have Redzone tics for both nights so thought I might try the pit one night and stay in Redzone the next...!

I did a little research on this and it seems (based on previous shows anyway) that if you are Redzone you also have the option of going into the 'Pit' (inner circle) if you want to. Most people are saying that the view is really good from the Redzone area as you are the same height as the catwalk, whereas in the inner circle you are quite a bit lower than the stage and have to look up. Apparently the band make regular trips around the catwalk to the Rezone areas, so you will definitely get to see them up close. In saying that, in the inner circle you are closer to the band and I'd guess would get that really intimate experience. I have Redzone tics for both nights so thought I might try the pit one night and stay in Redzone the next...!
Cheers Coleena. Didn't know about the pit option. I'm hoping to have a great night!

Brissy 9th Dec

Pl1 Available

Pl2 Available

Pl3 Available

Pl4 Single seats only

Pl5 - Arena Standing Available

Pl6 - Red Zone Alloc. Exhausted

Pl7 Single seats only

Brissy 9th Dec ... offered today

P1 - Sect 303, Row 23

P2 - Sect 523, Row 45

P3 - Sect 601-2, Row 78

P4 - Sect 734, Row 60 - Single seat only

P5 - G/A - 8 tix offered

P6 - N/A

P7 - Sect 309, Row 26 - Single seat only

Looks like it is selling VERY SLOWLY.

I totally agree with you about the support acts. Jay Z holds no interest for me and I won't even bother with him, where as I'd have liked to see some of those other support acts.

I watched that Snow Patrol farewell clip from Instanbul not long ago too and yeah, shame we can't have them or some of the other great bands supporting U2 when they come down under.

Seems we get stuck with the duds when they tour here. Appologies to fans of Jay Z.

A Split Enz reunion as support act would have been good.

For anyone who selected 'post' as a delivery method, can you post when you get your tickets. I got my tickets over a week ago and considering you pay $18 as a transaction fee, I hope ticketek get thier act together and send out the tickets quickly.
The single ticket I purchased for my brother using my wife's Ticketek account and Credit Card arrived yesterday, 13th Sep so 10 days from the date of public sale. She commented that she was surprised it was in just a plain white envelope and not what she would have expected for the $19.30 fee.

Still waiting on the 4 tickets purchased using my account and CC.

U2Anz-3.jpg

Category:  P1

Section: 132-1

Row: 14

Seat/s: 6-7

Category:  P2

Section: 110-2

Row: 44

Seat/s: 48-49

Category:  P3

Section: 118-1

Row: 22

Seat/s: 50-51

Category:  P4

Section: 146-2

Row: 43

Seat/s: 43-44

Category: P5 - Standing

Availbale

Category: P6 - Red Zone

Sold Out

Category:  P7

Section: 138-1

Row: 21

Seat/s: 51-52

Category: P8 - Alcohol Free

Sold Out

Category:  P9 - Alcohol Free

Section: 145-2

Row: 45

Seat/s: 13-14

Category: P10 - Alcohol Free

Sold Out

Single seats may get better positioning.

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:

sarahaus']For anyone who selected 'post' as a delivery method, can you post when you get your tickets. I got my tickets over a week ago and considering you pay $18 as a transaction fee, I hope ticketek get thier act together and send out the tickets quickly.

The single ticket I purchased for my brother using my wife's Ticketek account and Credit Card arrived yesterday, 13th Sep so 10 days from the date of public sale. She commented that she was surprised it was in just a plain white envelope and not what she would have expected for the $19.30 fee.

I got the tickets I purchased via the U2.com presale yesterday too, yet to receive those I got from the livenation presale. I e-mailed them before, they said could take up to early october

[quote name='

loocarmen wrote:

Nniixx wrote:

sarahaus']For anyone who selected 'post' as a delivery method, can you post when you get your tickets. I got my tickets over a week ago and considering you pay $18 as a transaction fee, I hope ticketek get thier act together and send out the tickets quickly.

I got the tickets I purchased via the U2.com presale yesterday too, yet to receive those I got from the livenation presale. I e-mailed them before, they said could take up to early october

I purchased mine to the first Brisbane Concert during the first presale on Aug 26 through Ticketek.  There was only 2 options....Box Office pickup or regular mail, which surprised me as in the past there has been a registered mail option which is much more secure.  Ticketek still mentions it when you click on links attached to the confirmation email, however it just wasn't there as an option for these concerts.  With difficulty getting to the Box Office to collect I chose the $18 regular mail option.

I also noted it said that presale tickets would not be sent out until the public sale started on Sept 3, which was 11 days ago yesterday (Sept 14).  I was getting a bit concerned so sent them an email last night.  I got a reply today stating the tickets had been mailed out during the day yesterday (Sept 14),  and if they have not turned up by Sept 30 then to contact them again.  I have since read that it can take up to 10 WORKING DAYS for them to arrive.....so from Sept 3 that would be this Friday Sept 17.....so I was probably worrying unnecessarily.  I was just counting 10 normal days which was wrong.

Nniixx, I'm not surprised they arrived in just plain white envelope being only regular mail.  Registered mail is usually different, and at least you have to go and sign for them.  The plainer the envelope the better I think for just regular mail.  I'd actually prefer it wasn't too obvious what was in them.....less attractive for stealing fingers that way!  Good luck all....I'm sure all our tickets will arrive soon.  I for one will be very happy once they appear in my mailbox. Fingers crossed for tomorrow's mail.

Cheers, Karen

I got my GA tickets purchased through the public release yesterday for Subiaco. Interestingly the ticket says that no photographic or video equipment is allowed.

I got my GA tickets purchased through the public release yesterday for Subiaco. Interestingly the ticket says that no photographic or video equipment is allowed.
don't sweat it the tickets always say that.  if you read further into the t&c's on the ticket sites etc you'll find that you can take cameras but no SLRs (removable lens) or professional eqpt. Make sure your phone/camera are both fully charged before you go (or take extra batteries).

enjoy the shows

sfx23432.gif

PI1 10-WEST Row: P Seat/s: 16-13

PI2 15-WEST Row: T Seat/s: 24-21

PI3: 1-SOUTHMID, Row: AK, Seat/s: 160-157

PI4 Single seats only

GA: Available

Redzone: Allocation exhausted

PI7 Allocation exhausted

Proof that tickets are too expensive outside the GAs and $40 seats (which are both brilliantly priced).

$300 for a stadium seat is too much. Far too much, particularly in Melbourne and Perth when the playing surface size dictates the seats are further from the action than from the northern states. In Melbourne/Sydney/Brisbane all 2nd shows have plenty of top 3 category seats available still. 

Sadly Melbourne can kiss that 3rd show goodbye, and I wouldn't be surprised if there is a 'recategorisation' of tickets in the weeks leading up to the concert, ie $299 seats suddenly become $229... and so on...

Proof that tickets are too expensive outside the GAs and $40 seats (which are both brilliantly priced).

$300 for a stadium seat is too much. Far too much, particularly in Melbourne and Perth when the playing surface size dictates the seats are further from the action than from the northern states. In Melbourne/Sydney/Brisbane all 2nd shows have plenty of top 3 category seats available still. 

Sadly Melbourne can kiss that 3rd show goodbye, and I wouldn't be surprised if there is a 'recategorisation' of tickets in the weeks leading up to the concert, ie $299 seats suddenly become $229... and so on...
Especially when you take away some of your higherpriced customers with the idea of $349 for front row GA type experience, I'm sure some of these people would have just for GAs normally but they had the money to spend on Redzone...

The inclusion of the back part of the stadium also means that there are far more seats available at big venues, therefore less demand for second show.

Not sure what will happen about the OZ shows, still plenty of time to go really.

[quote name='Reid NZ wrote:

bluehammer']Proof that tickets are too expensive outside the GAs and $40 seats (which are both brilliantly priced).

Especially when you take away some of your higherpriced customers with the idea of $349 for front row GA type experience, I'm sure some of these people would have just for GAs normally but they had the money to spend on Redzone...

The inclusion of the back part of the stadium also means that there are far more seats available at big venues, therefore less demand for second show.

Not sure what will happen about the OZ shows, still plenty of time to go really.

There's time, sure, but I doubt many people go and spend $600 on a couple of tickets just on a whim...

The Oz shows will sell well, but would say there is zero chance of that 3rd Melbourne show they scheduled. They should go and do a show in Christchurch instead smile.gif

[quote name='bluehammer wrote:

Reid NZ wrote:

bluehammer']Proof that tickets are too expensive outside the GAs and $40 seats (which are both brilliantly priced).

There's time, sure, but I doubt many people go and spend $600 on a couple of tickets just on a whim...

The Oz shows will sell well, but would say there is zero chance of that 3rd Melbourne show they scheduled. They should go and do a show in Christchurch instead smile.gif

Pretty certain you're pushing up hill to get any 3rd shows now, you're right about the 'whim' too...

Chch would love a show, but I struggle to see it happening although it would be lapped up pretty quickly if it did.

oh well I've got my tix grin.gif - you got yours?

Yeah mate, got them all. Only mentioned the Melbourne one as it was the only city where the 3rd show was booked just in case. 

Off to all the aussie shows. No NZ for me this time around :-( Was fun in 2006 though. 

Yeah mate, got them all. Only mentioned the Melbourne one as it was the only city where the 3rd show was booked just in case. 

Off to all the aussie shows. No NZ for me this time around :-( Was fun in 2006 though. 
might see you in brissy, have seats for first show but thinking I'll wander down the road to catch up with some people I met at Brisbane 06 - they'll be queuing.