Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zhivvy

US pastor to burn copies of the Koran on 11th September

The attacks on the Twin Towers were racist and obscene. But the Christian church in the US can't retaliate with another equally racist and obscene act. As Obama has said, this could lead to attacks on innocent people in the US and also US troops in Afghanistan. I am equally disgusted, however, by the plans for a Ground Zero Mosque. None of these things will bring out Islam and the West.

It's not a ground zero mosque...it's blocks away......and you know very well there are plnty of people who would like to expand ground ground zero to include the entire country. These protests are placing blame for the 911 attacks on the Muslim religion. Do we blame the murders of abortion docs on the Christian religion?

[quote name='petermullen wrote:

peterferris8']The attacks on the Twin Towers were racist and obscene. But the Christian church in the US can't retaliate with another equally racist and obscene act. As Obama has said, this could lead to attacks on innocent people in the US and also US troops in Afghanistan. I am equally disgusted, however, by the plans for a Ground Zero Mosque. None of these things will bring out Islam and the West.

It's not a ground zero mosque...it's blocks away......and you know very well there are plnty of people who would like to expand ground ground zero to include the entire country. These protests are placing blame for the 911 attacks on the Muslim religion. Do we blame the murders of abortion docs on the Christian religion?

I do like your point Peter that tit for tat can never be right - but it seems to be that others think that is the right answer. (meaning others - as in hte pastor not people on here!)

It is also not a mosque either - it is a cultural centre which will also have a prayer room - airports have prayer rooms but they aren't labelled as Mosques - once again it is journalists sensationalising the news to sell their product and cause uproar in what we would normally describe as sane and rational human beings

http://www.huffingtonpost...-the-groun_b_660585.html

This article explains the 'mosque' and how far it actually is from ground zero.

peterferris8']The attacks on the Twin Towers were racist and obscene. But the Christian church in the US can't retaliate with another equally racist and obscene act. As Obama has said, this could lead to attacks on innocent people in the US and also US troops in Afghanistan. I am equally disgusted, however, by the plans for a Ground Zero Mosque. None of these things will bring out Islam and the West.

Do we blame the murders of abortion docs on the Christian religion?

What a pile of  s*** ..................who made you God, Judge or Jury on any other person.

Life is never black or white.

[quote name='jyacal wrote:

petermullen wrote:

Do we blame the murders of abortion docs on the Christian religion?

What a pile of  s*** ..................who made you God, Judge or Jury on any other person.

Life is never black or white.

nobody...i'm just giving my opinion...not judging anybody.

You have a point Peter...

http://www.voanews.com/en...n-Burning-102571464.html

Apparently he has called it off!!! You'd think because he saw sense - but no!!! He claims that he has called it off because he has made an agreement over the so called ground zero mosque. But it does appear that the people in charge of building the cultural centre know nothing about this!

I know that there are many articles all over the news about this - this is just one of them.

What do the rest of you think about this man?

http://www.belfasttelegra...ptember-11-14936702.html

Apparently there are rumours that he wants to set this up as an official Koran burning day!

He's no better than muslims burning our flags, our books. 

The thing is terrorist and terrorism are everywhere.

Living in the UK I do remmber the IRA blowing up my beloved Manchester but you know what that doesn't mean I hate ALL the Irish people inthe world!

Same goes with ETA in Spain. One thing I vidily remeber seeing a wanted poster when walking through airport customs on the way into Barcalona!

(Both have hopfully given up arms fingers crossed it'll last)

and NO i'm not compearing this to what happend in 9/11 as I watched a DVD at a friends house wich was filmed with the firemen who had to deal with it and I cried hearing them bodies drop onto the roof of the lobby something I'll never forget.

BUT to blame a whole religion seriously America look beyond your own borders stop blaming inocent muslims who just want to lead a peacfull life and who don't want to hurt anyone. Do you think I should hate after the 7/7 bombings?? Maybe I could hate the people who did it for killing people who had no warning of it but to hate a whole releigion??

I'm not sure what I'm trying to get at here. In no way am I saying we should forget anything like 9/11 but at the same time gotta look around you are relise that this is happening EVERYWHERE! (I'm sure there are plenty of bombings in the world that have been done by Islamic extremists)

please feel free to have a go or tell me i'm wrong or sometihng and sorry about the typos it's one am need sleep bye

The thing is terrorist and terrorism are everywhere.

Living in the UK I do remmber the IRA blowing up my beloved Manchester but you know what that doesn't mean I hate ALL the Irish people inthe world!

Same goes with ETA in Spain. One thing I vidily remeber seeing a wanted poster when walking through airport customs on the way into Barcalona!

and NO i'm not compearing this to what happend in 9/11 as I watched a DVD at a friends house wich was filmed with the firemen who had to deal with it and I cried hearing them bodies drop onto the roof of the lobby something I'll never forget.

BUT to blame a whole religion seriously America look beyond your own borders stop blaming inocent muslims who just want to lead a peacfull life and who don't want to hurt anyone. Do you think I should hate after the 7/7 bombings?? Maybe I could hate the people who did it for killing people who had no warning of it but to hate a whole releigion??

I'm not sure what I'm trying to get at here. In no way am I saying we should forget anything like 9/11 but at the same time gotta look around you are relise that this is happening EVERYWHERE! (I'm sure there are plenty of bombings in the world that have been done by Islamic extremists)

please feel free to have a go or tell me i'm wrong or sometihng and sorry about the typos it's one am need sleep bye

I was in Manchester for one of the IRA bombings of manchester - and it was not a nice experience - i was lucky enough to not be in the bomb's area, but heard and felt it which was bad enough - but like you say Claire that does not make me hate every irish or catholic person - a small minority is exactly that - a minority and the majority of religion is peaceful. And extremists of every religion in the world has removed themselves from what religion really stands for and violence has taken the place of love.

So no matter which religion is insulting another is wrong.

Ok, here I go

I don't believe a thing

The world trade center was imploted by the US gov itself, the rest were fantasy stories, excuses

Could you explain this comment. I'm not sure what you mean.

[quote name='kings wrote:

nazhira']Ok, here I go

I don't believe a thing

The world trade center was imploted by the US gov itself, the rest were fantasy stories, excuses

Could you explain this comment. I'm not sure what you mean.

yes, naz, could you try and explain what word you were trying to use when you said the us government "imploted"...

can you use the bing translator where you are? http://www.microsofttranslator.com/

just type what you want to say in spanish on the left side and choose to have it translated into english on the right side of the translator.

If you cant, sweetie, can you just express what you are trying to say in your native language, and then one of us will translate it for you...

pretty please?

I want to understand you and sometimes meanings can get terribly lost in translation

Fair enough, sorry if I took you up wrong............

thumbsup.gifcute.gifyay.gif

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxooooooooooooooooooooooooxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[quote name=happy.gifpetermullen]"Positivity"

by Stevie Wonder......

Some people ask me why always on the bright side

When there's so much going on down the other side

It's like I live in a bubble with no trouble

And problems don't exist

I chuckle and tell them that ain't the case at all

It goes way back to the time when I was very small

Not in mind but size and age my papa use to say

You can always look at the negative

But you should always live in the positive

So I try everyday to live that way

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Some people live in what was and what they could have been

As opposed to living in a what is and how much they can

And be the first to complain about nothing in life going their way

The attitude is "that I can't do nothing 'bout"

And very happy with just breathing in and out

The ones that when you say "lets go make a difference"

They'll say "naw that's OK"

So I don't waste time on the trip side

'Cause I do know the real on the flipside

And I'm crystal clear everyday that's why I say, yeah

When I see the morning

And the sun is smiling down upon me

I joy in the blessing

That still the ground is not above me

And for the people

That I can truly say do love me, I feel

Positivity, 'cause that's what life's meant to be

Positivity, 'cause this day did not have to be

Some ask me why I'm such an optimist

When it's more fashionable be a pessimist

From what's in seventy-five percent of what we read, hear and view

Well I use to have a friend named Minnie Riperton

Who use to always say when she was living

"Like fine wine I like seeing the glass of life as half full than half empty"

I'm saying sometimes life can't be rough

But never to the point of me saying I've had enough

Long as my heart beats I ain't giving up

That's why I say everyday

When people ask me as an African American

What do I see for tomorrow in the human plan?

Is it possible for all the people of the world to co-exist?

I say unity is only as big as our vision

And if its narrow, try to expand beyond the horizon

But true leaders must guide us through the ills of society

That stands in our way

So if the road is to harmony, be with the call

But if its about discord, don't take the ride at all

'Cause the world vision I see is the one-we for everybody

When I see the morning

And the sun is smiling down upon me

Just joy in the blessing

That still the ground is not above me

And for the people

That you can truly say do love you, do feel

Positivity, and that's the energy the world needs

Positivity, 'cause that's what life means to me

Positivity, 'cause this day did not have to be

Positivity, 'cause that's the energy the world needs

Positivity, and this day did not have to be

Positivity, 'cause that's what life means to me

Positivity, and that's the energy the world needs

Positivity, and that's the energy the world needsSaw Stevie in Manchester recently he was absolutely amazing and his band

Took the audience through every range of emotion and was incredibly funny

Played my two faves at the end

Free and

Another Star

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

Claire T']The thing is terrorist and terrorism are everywhere.

I was in Manchester for one of the IRA bombings of manchester - and it was not a nice experience - i was lucky enough to not be in the bomb's area, but heard and felt it which was bad enough - but like you say Claire that does not make me hate every irish or catholic person - a small minority is exactly that - a minority and the majority of religion is peaceful. And extremists of every religion in the world has removed themselves from what religion really stands for and violence has taken the place of love.

clearly we don hate all irish for the suffering the IRA brought to innocent peole. besides if we would, we would not be here!! or we would,  but only to bash the band...

Gosh! There is already a handful of people who hate America and now we see this Pastor who seems to be inciting more violence. I believe all people deserve respect, but not all ideas do. Love and Peace!

What would Jesus do?
hey Mummy, let me give that one a try....hmmmm.....this comes to mind:

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good (Romans 12:17-21).

But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you (Luke 6:27-28).

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

clearly we don hate all irish for the suffering the IRA brought to innocent peole. besides if we would, we would not be here!! or we would,  but only to bash the band...Just don't forget most of us in the US are very much against what this man is trying to do......  it is just a few people...  I also believe most of us also are not against the Islamic Ctr being built anywhere they want to build it..including a few blocks from ground zero.  Our voices are just lost in the maelstrom surrounding this crazy man in Florida.  

Plus it is such a huge problem here that so much of our news is delivered by entertainment outlets...  they are marketing the news and spin it however they can to get the most drama out of it.  It is horrifying because people believe what they hear.  When we talk about free speech (which I believe in very strongly) if I were ever going to censor anybody it would be the clowns that distort the news so much.  

I have wondered if in other countries this is also a problem??  Fox news in particular over here, but they are not the only ones.   

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

clearly we don hate all irish for the suffering the IRA brought to innocent peole. besides if we would, we would not be here!! or we would,  but only to bash the band...Just don't forget most of us in the US are very much against what this man is trying to do......  it is just a few people...  I also believe most of us also are not against the Islamic Ctr being built anywhere they want to build it..including a few blocks from ground zero.  Our voices are just lost in the maelstrom surrounding this crazy man in Florida.  

Plus it is such a huge problem here that so much of our news is delivered by entertainment outlets...  they are marketing the news and spin it however they can to get the most drama out of it.  It is horrifying because people believe what they hear.  When we talk about free speech (which I believe in very strongly) if I were ever going to censor anybody it would be the clowns that distort the news so much.  

I have wondered if in other countries this is also a problem??  Fox news in particular over here, but they are not the only ones.   

Overcome evil with good

wow.

Exactly that is what we should all be doing instead of plotting revenge etc... and making a spetacle out of oneselve on TV

And Nikki it is always the same, that the one small voice and the voice of sensationalism is heard louder than the majority of you who condem their actions