Sign in to follow this  
123love

What mood are you in today??

I'm in a get things done mood
I'm in a need to get things done but can't be arsed mood!happy.gif

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

Anjana']I'm in a get things done mood

I'm in a need to get things done but can't be arsed mood!happy.gif

I know I've been like that for ages but this week I've told myself to get my arse into gear, I know it won't last long but it's strangely satisfying once you get going.
(PS our word of the week seems to be arse! laugh.gif)

[quote name='Anjana wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

Anjana']I'm in a get things done mood

I'm in a need to get things done but can't be arsed mood!
happy.gif

I know I've been like that for ages but this week I've told myself to get my arse into gear, I know it won't last long but it's strangely satisfying once you get going.
(PS our word of the week seems to be arse! laugh.gif)

Arse is a good word lol!! I have done somethings, filled and emptied the dishwasher (and let them wash first lol!) and have cleaned the shower and our bathroom. Hate having 3 toilets - too much cleaning lol!

Accomplished because I was up at 6 baking a loaf of pumpkin bread to welcome in the first day of the Autumn Season and already took care of the animals.

As for the rest of the day, I plan on walking one of the dogs and doing some ironing.

Im in a happy but annoyed mood , I have to go pick up my daughter and her boyfriend because they cant be bothered to catch a bus ..always excuses..

No prizes for guessing what kinda mood I'm in...woke up wanting more sleep but knew I had to get my arse out of bed and get somewhere by 10 ughhhhhh so tired.  Stepped out of house carrying a crate with both hands - it's pouring down with rain, remote on car not working properly, grapple with boot lock balancing crate precariously, get boot open but everything in crate is soaked grrrrr. Start car, wipers not working properly, get going and every traffic light en route is red as I go along grrrrr.  For some reason because it's raining everyone decides they're in a hurry and drives like an idiot grrrrrr. Get to destination, get soaked again getting stuff out of boot. Pretty much a repeat of above on return journey......top day so far!

ever noticed this, anjana: every time it rains, seems like all the rest is against u 2?? its not just the rain, its a car that wont start... a shop thats closed.... a letter that slips out of your hand into a puddle... its like the trolls think: whaaa, it raining anyway, lets make this a really shitty day! whoaoaoahhh!!!devil.gif

I am in sleepy mood - had to work, my body not used to it lol!!

But had a good day at the school. Was with younger kids ages 6-8. Hard to believe that these kids at this age have such major emotional and anger problems that they cannot be in a mainstream school - quite sad to see anger like that in an age when there should only be innocence!

But had a good day at the school. Was with younger kids ages 6-8. Hard to believe that these kids at this age have such major emotional and anger problems that they cannot be in a mainstream school - quite sad to see anger like that in an age when there should only be innocence!

that really is sad, makes u wonder what it is these kids had to see or go through to make them that angry? or is it a birht-defect problem with most of them? i read an article about a boy like that today. has low IQ and because he cant express himself properly he gets angry so quick. he's 16 now and has been in differnet clinics and juvenile-homes. but nobody really knows whats wrong with him (parents had all sort of diagnosis) so he doesnt fit in any program.... the mental hospital considers him to be a criminal (he attacks people, broke a bottle on 1 nurses head) but the juvenile-institution consider him to be mentally ill.... so he's home now, with his parents who don know how to deal with him. so sad!

dad said whenever they get so mad at him it could turn to hating him they remember the beautiful baby he once was.....

ever noticed this, anjana: every time it rains, seems like all the rest is against u 2?? its not just the rain, its a car that wont start... a shop thats closed.... a letter that slips out of your hand into a puddle... its like the trolls think: whaaa, it raining anyway, lets make this a really shitty day! whoaoaoahhh!!!devil.gif

Exactly!!  What is that about, why oh whhhhy! LOL  It turns a yuk day into a shitty day

Yes it's odd isn't it. I wonder if it's environment, learnt behaviour or the change in focus over the years on the nature of schooling and a child's emotional needs (or is that just too simplistic?). I don't remember such focus when I was at school. I remember how innocent I was at that age and even up to about 10/12 and all the other kids were the same, there didn't seem to be the sort of issues there are now, you kinda just went to school did your thing and came home and did your homework and that was it!

Zhivvy']I am in sleepy mood - had to work, my body not used to it lol!!

Yes it's odd isn't it. I wonder if it's environment, learnt behaviour or the change in focus over the years on the nature of schooling and a child's emotional needs (or is that just too simplistic?). I don't remember such focus when I was at school. I remember how innocent I was at that age and even up to about 10/12 and all the other kids were the same, there didn't seem to be the sort of issues there are now, you kinda just went to school did your thing and came home and did your homework and that was it!

I know - but these days family units aren't as same as they were - children are exposed to a lot more than we were, either intentionally or unitintentionally. We didn't see the anger that these kids see - and we need to remember that these are the minority of kids. The bottom 2% of the bottom %5 (approx) of primary school children - so only a few in the grand scale of things. But to hear what comes out of these children's mouths they have heard it from somewhere. And the anger - throwing chairs, lashing out at others, spitting in their faces, kicking and punching walls - yes it is anger but where have they learnt this behavoiur and why are they so angry at such a young age - this is more than just frustration in these kids. They have boundries in a classroom, but what do they have when they leave the safety of a school. But can I please say that they are gorgeous kids - lovely, thoughtful, kind - they just are hurt in some way.

Anjana wrote:

I know - but these days family units aren't as same as they were - children are exposed to a lot more than we were, either intentionally or unitintentionally. We didn't see the anger that these kids see - and we need to remember that these are the minority of kids. The bottom 2% of the bottom %5 (approx) of primary school children - so only a few in the grand scale of things. But to hear what comes out of these children's mouths they have heard it from somewhere. And the anger - throwing chairs, lashing out at others, spitting in their faces, kicking and punching walls - yes it is anger but where have they learnt this behavoiur and why are they so angry at such a young age - this is more than just frustration in these kids. They have boundries in a classroom, but what do they have when they leave the safety of a school. But can I please say that they are gorgeous kids - lovely, thoughtful, kind - they just are hurt in some way.

That's so sad to hear, quite shocking really for children so young

Zhivvy wrote:

Anjana wrote:

That's so sad to hear, quite shocking really for children so young
It is sad. I dealt with behavioural problem kids of this age before and it is shocking to see. I can deal with the angry violent teenager - I am used to that, I can reason with them, explain things to them - or restrain them if necessary but to see children of my daughter's age like that it is upsetting.

its good to hear it still concerns a minority, zhiv. 

i remember a boy, first year in highschool. was in our class, age 13, named tony. he had a younger brother (10 years old maybe?) he was always so dirty, with very dirty clothes and hair... got picked on very often cause of it. i felt so sorry for him cause i knew his parents didnt give shit bout these 2 brothers. mom didnt take care of the house, clothes, meals. one day he came to school and fell asleep in classroom. told me and my friend he had slept on a bench at a bus-stop, cause his dad was drunk and fighting with mom. he swore us not to tell this to anyone, but we did convince him to talk to a very friendly teacher (who happened to be related to me). his little brother was always involved in fighting at the playground, was being punished all the time. he was an angry young boy, called bad by the teachers... but can you blame him? he never got any love from anyone except his brother who struggled with his own problems too....

its good to hear it still concerns a minority, zhiv. 
i remember a boy, first year in highschool. was in our class, age 13, named tony. he had a younger brother (10 years old maybe?) he was always so dirty, with very dirty clothes and hair... got picked on very often cause of it. i felt so sorry for him cause i knew his parents didnt give shit bout these 2 brothers. mom didnt take care of the house, clothes, meals. one day he came to school and fell asleep in classroom. told me and my friend he had slept on a bench at a bus-stop, cause his dad was drunk and fighting with mom. he swore us not to tell this to anyone, but we did convince him to talk to a very friendly teacher (who happened to be related to me). his little brother was always involved in fighting at the playground, was being punished all the time. he was an angry young boy, called bad by the teachers... but can you blame him? he never got any love from anyone except his brother who struggled with his own problems too....

frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif how awful, it's just not right

barbara1']its good to hear it still concerns a minority, zhiv. 

frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif how awful, it's just not right

This what makes me so sad. I can understand the teachers labeling him as naughty - as he was, but all too often it is not looked in to of why they are naughty - and not always the teacher's fault they sometimes don't have the training to deal with this or if they tell the management at a school it is not always followed up.

To quote our favourite singer : 'Every generation has a chance to change the world, pity the nation that won't listen to your boys and girls' - people should take notice of this!

such a true thing you say, zhiv <3

It just annoys me too on a personal level. There are many teachers who would not work with these types of children - and I understand why; but it is what I love doing. I didn't become a teacher just to tell them how to write a sentence and understand a poem but to help children grow up into decent well-rounded adults who have compasssion and empathy for the world etc.... And I cannot get the full time permenant job in this area which I so want to do. Why when there is a teacher wanting to help in an area greatly understaffed there is no job there for me?

barbara1']such a true thing you say, zhiv <3

It just annoys me too on a personal level. There are many teachers who would not work with these types of children - and I understand why; but it is what I love doing. I didn't become a teacher just to tell them how to write a sentence and understand a poem but to help children grow up into decent well-rounded adults who have compasssion and empathy for the world etc.... And I cannot get the full time permenant job in this area which I so want to do. Why when there is a teacher wanting to help in an area greatly understaffed there is no job there for me?

That's hugely frustrating and I admire your passion. I've been in a similar situation and I found the only way I got my foot in the door was voluntary work just ploughing away until I got a break and whilst it took a long I did eventually get a job doing that work. Is voluntary work a way into this kind of work for you, is it feasible?

barbara1']such a true thing you say, zhiv <3

don forget you can totally brainwash them into u2-addicts! lol

but seriously, i understand your feelings. these kids need people like u in there life, people who care and want to help them and support them. so schoolboards must be soooo blind not to give you the job u deserve and would be sooo good at!

Thanks U2 - as in Anj and Babs lol! not much chance of voluntary plus would love to be able to vlounteeer but need to pay a huge mortgage! But will continue going into the school if i can as a teaching assistant on a lot less money than my normal daily rate (it is only a 3rd of what i normally get!) but if it gets me into a place where I want to be it is worth it.