Sign in to follow this  
123love

What mood are you in today??

Kert ... I hear you on that and I love children and work with them, but it does leave one feeling left out when friend-parents get going on and on and on.

Thanks everyone about the course grade.

Sacred ... this sounds like great news!

Auntie needs a new pair of shoes, Patti? :)

i see what you mean, ker. parents do talk a lot bout their off-spring, dont they? i do apologise for the sake of all the parents.

@ sacred rose; don know what happened in your life, but glad it has to do with love, enjoy  inlove2.gif

Nothing to apologise, I understand it's very natural to talk about your off-spring and I'm absolutely very happy for them (my friends because they have those lovely children).... I'm just a little bit sad because sometimes it feels that we don't have very much in common nowdays and I am the only one who is kind of outsider...but like I said I still like them very much. But of course people change and lifesituations become different, that's life!!

I met three good friends today... I really like them and they are good friends of mine. The problem is that they all have children and I don't... and what we talked about was only the children. I just feel a little bit outsider sometimes and can't take part to the conversation....bored.gif but anyway, it was nice to meet them and of course I understand that the children are the most important thing when you have them.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekendsmile.gif concrats Scout from me too and SacredRose, ohhhh your story sounded so lovely, go for it! And Anjana I'm on very very lazy mood too... it is just great to be lazy sometimessmile.gif

Same here! no offence intended to anyone with children and I adore my friends but when you don't have any kids you kinda feel out of the conversation and after a while just nod and smile politely!! They often come along with my friends and I try my best but it can be hard work trying to hold a conversation at all! tongue.gif

[quote name='Anjana wrote:

kerttuli']I met three good friends today... I really like them and they are good friends of mine. The problem is that they all have children and I don't... and what we talked about was only the children. I just feel a little bit outsider sometimes and can't take part to the conversation....
bored.gif
but anyway, it was nice to meet them and of course I understand that the children are the most important thing when you have them.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend
smile.gif
 concrats Scout from me too and SacredRose, ohhhh your story sounded so lovely, go for it! And Anjana I'm on very very lazy mood too... it is just great to be lazy sometimes
smile.gif

Same here! no offence intended to anyone with children and I adore my friends but when you don't have any kids you kinda feel out of the conversation and after a while just nod and smile politely!! They often come along with my friends and I try my best but it can be hard work trying to hold a conversation at all! tongue.gif

I'm in the same boat because I feel as an "outsider" whenever my friends (and family members) talk about their kids ((HUGS)).

As for my current mood, I'm quite pleased with going beyond my to-do-list by purchasing my dad's birthday card and taking the dogs up to the "Yuppy Puppy" to have their toenails clipped. 

Kert ... I hear you on that and I love children and work with them, but it does leave one feeling left out when friend-parents get going on and on and on.

Congrats on your mark Scout!  Yes, Auntie ordered a pair of shoes online, lol.  And a bunch of Xmas presents from U2.com of course.  

I know the feeling about being left out when people talk about children.  It often makes me sad or depressed because I wanted children of my own so badly.  My niece and I have always been close and people say we shared a special bond since she was a baby.  I always knew she would end up with me, didn't think it would be when she was 16.  So now I have a crash course in parenthood, lol.  

kerttuli']I met three good friends today... I really like them and they are good friends of mine. The problem is that they all have children and I don't... and what we talked about was only the children. I just feel a little bit outsider sometimes and can't take part to the conversation....
bored.gif
but anyway, it was nice to meet them and of course I understand that the children are the most important thing when you have them.

smile.gif
 concrats Scout from me too and SacredRose, ohhhh your story sounded so lovely, go for it! And Anjana I'm on very very lazy mood too... it is just great to be lazy sometimes
smile.gif

i know what you mean, anjana. and i can say, in all honesty, even if my kids went along with me and friends, they were always able to amuse themselves without disturbing the conversation. my kids are just very independent.

but i know people and when we meet and their kids are there too, we cant exchange more then 5 words in a row wihtout them telling kids to be careful, don fall, don touch, let go... or without the kids calling them, pulling their sleeve, crying.... and its just exhausting!
so my love and i often say to eachother how lucky we 've been with our kids!

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

Anjana wrote:

bored.gif

smile.gif
smile.gif

Same here! no offence intended to anyone with children and I adore my friends but when you don't have any kids you kinda feel out of the conversation and after a while just nod and smile politely!! They often come along with my friends and I try my best but it can be hard work trying to hold a conversation at all!
tongue.gif

i know what you mean, anjana. and i can say, in all honesty, even if my kids went along with me and friends, they were always able to amuse themselves without disturbing the conversation. my kids are just very independent.

but i know people and when we meet and their kids are there too, we cant exchange more then 5 words in a row wihtout them telling kids to be careful, don fall, don touch, let go... or without the kids calling them, pulling their sleeve, crying.... and its just exhausting!
so my love and i often say to eachother how lucky we 've been with our kids!

That's great, we were the same as kids, tho my parents were more be seen and not heard tho!

Feeling verrrrrrrrry relaxed today Laie_23.gif

Feeling verrrrrrrrry relaxed today Laie_23.gif

oh me toooooooooo , but i know its the winehappy.gif

[quote name='123love wrote:

Anjana']Feeling verrrrrrrrry relaxed today 
Laie_23.gif

oh me toooooooooo , but i know its the winehappy.gif

hic oregonian_winesmiley.gif wot time is it over there? It's mid afternoon 3ish here

I can understand how you feel now....................but parents are totally aware of thatmad.gif

Laie_23.gif

oh me toooooooooo , but i know its the winehappy.gifenjoy!

i'm a little sad, cause i watched a documentary with my kids this afternoon bout the suicide of phoebe prince. i read bout her, here in the zoo months ago. and i did google some articles bout her back then. our national tv showed this irish documentary bout the circumstances that made such a young, beautiful girl to take her own life. i recorded it to watch it with my kids.

they were asking why? why do we have to stop playing, chatting on FB to watch this??
told them i just wanned them to see what bullying can lead to. i don want them to think it isnt that bad to hate another teenager, and make fun of them or mock them or threaten them. i don want them to think its not so harmful to send someone mean messages. i want them to know how things can get out of hand. i want them to know what desperair can do to people. and how bad it can hurt to be called names and been cursed at.
you really think we would do something like that? they asked.... i said "no i don expect you to do something like this, but i guess neither did the parents of those 'untouchable mean girls' or that popular foutballteam-captain...and yet they did." 

i'm a little sad, cause i watched a documentary with my kids this afternoon bout the suicide of phoebe prince. i read bout her, here in the zoo months ago. and i did google some articles bout her back then. our national tv showed this irish documentary bout the circumstances that made such a young, beautiful girl to take her own life. i recorded it to watch it with my kids.
they were asking why? why do we have to stop playing, chatting on FB to watch this??
told them i just wanned them to see what bullying can lead to. i don want them to think it isnt that bad to hate another teenager, and make fun of them or mock them or threaten them. i don want them to think its not so harmful to send someone mean messages. i want them to know how things can get out of hand. i want them to know what desperair can do to people. and how bad it can hurt to be called names and been cursed at.
you really think we would do something like that? they asked.... i said "no i don expect you to do something like this, but i guess neither did the parents of those 'untouchable mean girls' or that popular foutballteam-captain...and yet they did." 

Don't know the story but when it is about suicide it's always awful. Must have been difficult to talk about it with your kids, but I'm sure you did the right thing. It's just unaccountable how cruel children and teenagers can be just because they don't understand how terrible consequencens bullying and innocent acts might have.

I'm sure the document was depressing but hopefully it made everyone who saw it to respect and take care of other people. They should show it in schools too....

Laie_23.gif

oh me toooooooooo , but i know its the winehappy.gifI had a nice lunch with my friends and after it we went to movies...

Now I'm at home, dinner is in oven and I guess I have to take a glass of wine too.

And Forrest Gump (haven't seen it maybe in 8 years) is on tv tonight, so I'll just lie on the couch with my wine and watch it. Tomorrow have to start working with my school again so tonight is only for relaxing smile.gif

[quote name='kerttuli wrote:

123love wrote:

Laie_23.gif

oh me toooooooooo , but i know its the wine
happy.gifI had a nice lunch with my friends and after it we went to movies...

Now I'm at home, dinner is in oven and I guess I have to take a glass of wine too.

And Forrest Gump (haven't seen it maybe in 8 years) is on tv tonight, so I'll just lie on the couch with my wine and watch it. Tomorrow have to start working with my school again so tonight is only for relaxing

Sounds good, 91.gif oregonian_winesmiley.gif119.gif ENJOY your evening! (I love the mock historical bits in that film like when he meets the Presidents!)

I am in a playful mood tonight pillowfight.gif 
I have my pumpkin and have a silly idea for it! studsmatta.gif

then I'll have a go at trying to post the pic, thanx for letting me know how to do itthankyou.gif

kerttuli wrote:

123love wrote:

Laie_23.gif

oh me toooooooooo , but i know its the wine
happy.gif
I had a nice lunch with my friends and after it we went to movies...

And Forrest Gump (haven't seen it maybe in 8 years) is on tv tonight, so I'll just lie on the couch with my wine and watch it. Tomorrow have to start working with my school again so tonight is only for relaxing

Sounds good, 91.gif oregonian_winesmiley.gif119.gif ENJOY your evening! (I love the mock historical bits in that film like when he meets the Presidents!)

I am in a playful mood tonight pillowfight.gif 
I have my pumpkin and have a silly idea for it! studsmatta.gif

then I'll have a go at trying to post the pic, thanx for letting me know how to do itthankyou.gif

Thanks, Anjana! ( I also love meeting the president partyay.gif)

Your "Smiley-guys" are so fanny!!clap.gif

Have a great evening with your pumpkin, can't wait to see it!!!banana.gif

I'm in a happy/thinking mood because I have all these ideas buzzing inside my head with the Pumpkin Contest!! 

Tired,but relieved my shift at work is finished.  Today was quite busy because I was handing out samples of cinnamon rolls(with vanilla or cream cheese frosting) and cappuccinos (mocha and french vanilla)!!

cause i 'm planning on goin to the job-counsel-office this afternoon, to find out more bout this course i wanna take. i hope i get some good news bout it all.

Im in a good mood and even better now bc the radio is playing streets :o).....

Tired,but relieved my shift at work is finished.  Today was quite busy because I was handing out samples of cinnamon rolls(with vanilla or cream cheese frosting) and cappuccinos (mocha and french vanilla)!!
im feeling good right now as i imagine the scent of those warm yummy cinnamon rolls!

and hot mocha.....aaahhhhhhhh.......

cause i 'm planning on goin to the job-counsel-office this afternoon, to find out more bout this course i wanna take. i hope i get some good news bout it all.

what is the course?