Sign in to follow this  
123love

What mood are you in today??

nice pic, anjana! so funny with the little mango in it too! lol!

and i loved the dublin postcard, zhiv! thanx a lot xxx

You made me smile with your postcard and stories from Dublin so this is my little thank you in return!love0072.gif

And I love it thank you!happy.gif

nice pic, anjana! so funny with the little mango in it too! lol!
and i loved the dublin postcard, zhiv! thanx a lot xxx
happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif Glad the postcards are arriving!

I was in a blaaaaaaah mood before i came on here....now I feel cheered up and happy..Thank GOD, there is humour and fun!

my love is having a well diserved sleep-in. he's been working so many long days lately and started the works on our house too. i'm in a comfy mood, on the couch and thinking bout the ironing and cleaning i'm gonna do this week.... but not just yet... and we're gonna have dinner in ikea tonite, so no cookingsmile.gif 

Ironing and cleaning can always wait, it's sometimes soooo nice just lie on the couch....smile.gif

Quite good. Maybe i'll have a few beers later. Maybe not. Maybe yes. Hee Hee

had to postpone the ikea-visit, so no meatballs yet. instead i pimped my profile and helped my love with the works outside (sawing! lol!) after that fries and bubbles!! and tv...

Upset , insulted , but ill be okay , could do with more sleep though............another long day , one ring and im out of here lol

I'm depressed since a member of my family has been diagnosed with  cancer and to top it off a friend of the family died yesterday.  The part which really stinks is I prayed for both of them which is why I feel majorly dissed.

123 and Illume, sorry to hear you are both upset. mornincoffee.gif

I'm depressed since a member of my family has been diagnosed with  cancer and to top it off a friend of the family died yesterday.  The part which really stinks is I prayed for both of them which is why I feel majorly dissed.

So sorry to hear this Illum. I understand you feeling angry about this happening after your ernest prayers, but God moves in ways which we don't always understand - I hope you soon begin to feel that your prayers were head, but just didn't get answered in the way you wanted.

{{hugs}}

Illume, sorry to hear your bad newsfrown.gif hugs!!

123 hope you feel already better!!

Anjana I have the same problem, no sleep last night and now feeling groggy and tiredohwell.gif and I ate too much candies trying to refresh myself and now I have sugar overdose... Maybe I have to take a nap now....tired.gif (or maybe eat some more candies....)

123 hope you are feeling better soon

And Anj - i understand the groggy feeling, felt so bad this morning went back to bed at 9:45 after dropping of little one to snooze for a bit and was 12:30 when i woke - woops!

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

illumination70']  I'm depressed since a member of my family has been diagnosed with  cancer and to top it off a friend of the family died yesterday.  The part which really stinks is I prayed for both of them which is why I feel majorly dissed.

So sorry to hear this Illum. I understand you feeling angry about this happening after your ernest prayers, but God moves in ways which we don't always understand - I hope you soon begin to feel that your prayers were head, but just didn't get answered in the way you wanted.

{{hugs}}

Sorry Zhiv and Illum... I don't want to detract from why Illum is feeling depressed.  My heart goes out to her esp when she has lost a loved one in death. 

But I feel very strongly about the next point I'm about to make and I recommend that you don't read it unless you are able to handle the horrible truth about prayer.  Stop reading now if you can't.

Prayer is simply a form of meditation. Almost all religions require their followers to partake in prayer.  Why?  Because there is nothing more powerful than self-meditative conversion.  When you pray, you are talking to yourself, either out loud, to yourself, or in mumbles.  When you talk to yourself, you can convince yourself of anything, especially when you think that what you are praying for will come true.  If it comes true, you put it down as an "act of God" and so you become more steadfast in your belief - there is nothing more powerful than prayer to convince you that your beliefs are truth when you think that God listened to your prayer when you see something you asked for coming true.  But then what about when your prayers aren't heard ... or you think they were not heard, as in the case of Illum?  Well, religions have an answer for that too - they say exactly what you said, Zhiv: "God moves in ways we don't understand ... [he] just didn't ... answer [it] in the way you wanted".  How convenient. The faithful look for something even remotely related to what they prayed for and they put it down as an "act of God" and so convince themselves that God listened but answered the prayer differently to the way they thought He would.

Ask yourself the question:  If God listens to prayers then are all religions right?  Think about it, because it turns out that every religious person, no matter their religious affiliation, believes that God listens to their prayers.  If God listens to all prayers, God has no religious affiliation.  If God has no religious affiliation, why do people think their religion is more right than another? 

Or maybe the dark reality is that prayers aren't heard, prayers aren't listened to ... but people believe in blind hope that maybe he does and they yearn to affiliate their requests in prayer with coincidences in life.

Example:  If you prayed for 10 years every day to win the lottery, and you did the lottery every weekend, the likelihood of you winning the lottery is quite high.  If you did win, and you were a religious person, you would probably put it down as an act of God.  But the reality of it is that if you never prayed and yet did the lottery every weekend for 10 years, the chances of you winning are the same.  Did God answer your prayer... even though you never prayed?

If you prayed to God to try and help someone get better and they did, you would most likely put it down as an act of God.  In contrast, if they didn't get better, how is God going to answer your prayer in a way that you didn't expect?  That person is gone and is never coming back so your prayer is never answered and he can never answer it another way.  So was your prayer listened to in either scenario?  Most likely not.  If the person got better, it was simply a coincidence.

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

illumination70']  I'm depressed since a member of my family has been diagnosed with  cancer and to top it off a friend of the family died yesterday.  The part which really stinks is I prayed for both of them which is why I feel majorly dissed.

{{hugs}}

This is going to be very hard because right now I believe God seems to cater to people who are mean and cruel while those who are good or try to be are always going to get the short-end of the stick.

[quote name='illumination70 wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

{{hugs}}

This is going to be very hard because right now I believe God seems to cater to people who are mean and cruel while those who are good or try to be are always going to get the short-end of the stick.

It must be a very tough time for you Illume and I can understand the sense of injustice you feel cos in life many of us believe in a sense of natural justice - good things happening to good people. I know someone who prays everyday, became very ill and wondered why her god was punishing her, she kept questioning what she'd done wrong but she'd done nothing wrong and it was heartbreaking that something so awful had happened to her.  I also have a friend who is a really good person, she has terminal cancer and I felt so angry about it, a real sense of injustice, it just didn't seem fair.  But don't lose faith, life is an experience of good and bad, sometimes it feels like a test, your faith will help you through both the good times and the bad.

Sorry for your loss Illume x

i'm not the praying kind, like i stated here before. i feel the same as mummy. you all know i was religious till some years ago. but even when i was still with this religious group, i didnt believe in the force of praying. my loves dad is very obsessive bout it. i remember when we were moving into this house, the rain suddenly disapeared and we could move allthe furniture without getting wet (we used this open truck) and the next day his dad said: i prayed for nice weather the whole week, and god listened to me.

i was so irritated and told him i think its very cruel of god to let people die or lose their house in storms and floods and hurricanes if he has the power to stop it for a couple thats moving to another house....

i see people die of cancer every day, illum and its horrible. the only think i can say to comfort people is that their loved one is released from the suffering and pain. but its a cruel and unfair disease, and i can not see how god ever helped or showed he cares bout the sick. 
i couldnt explain it better than mummy: if people get what they pray for, they thank god, if they don they blame evil spirits or say god has other plans for them.

but after saying that, illum; i hope you and your familymembers can share the nice memories and support eachother to carry the loss. {{{hugs}}}

[quote name='mummy wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

{{hugs}}

Sorry Zhiv and Illum... I don't want to detract from why Illum is feeling depressed.  My heart goes out to her esp when she has lost a loved one in death. 

But I feel very strongly about the next point I'm about to make and I recommend that you don't read it unless you are able to handle the horrible truth about prayer.  Stop reading now if you can't.

Prayer is simply a form of meditation. Almost all religions require their followers to partake in prayer.  Why?  Because there is nothing more powerful than self-meditative conversion.  When you pray, you are talking to yourself, either out loud, to yourself, or in mumbles.  When you talk to yourself, you can convince yourself of anything, especially when you think that what you are praying for will come true.  If it comes true, you put it down as an "act of God" and so you become more steadfast in your belief - there is nothing more powerful than prayer to convince you that your beliefs are truth when you think that God listened to your prayer when you see something you asked for coming true.  But then what about when your prayers aren't heard ... or you think they were not heard, as in the case of Illum?  Well, religions have an answer for that too - they say exactly what you said, Zhiv: "God moves in ways we don't understand ... [he] just didn't ... answer [it] in the way you wanted".  How convenient. The faithful look for something even remotely related to what they prayed for and they put it down as an "act of God" and so convince themselves that God listened but answered the prayer differently to the way they thought He would.

Ask yourself the question:  If God listens to prayers then are all religions right?  Think about it, because it turns out that every religious person, no matter their religious affiliation, believes that God listens to their prayers.  If God listens to all prayers, God has no religious affiliation.  If God has no religious affiliation, why do people think their religion is more right than another? 

Or maybe the dark reality is that prayers aren't heard, prayers aren't listened to ... but people believe in blind hope that maybe he does and they yearn to affiliate their requests in prayer with coincidences in life.

Example:  If you prayed for 10 years every day to win the lottery, and you did the lottery every weekend, the likelihood of you winning the lottery is quite high.  If you did win, and you were a religious person, you would probably put it down as an act of God.  But the reality of it is that if you never prayed and yet did the lottery every weekend for 10 years, the chances of you winning are the same.  Did God answer your prayer... even though you never prayed?

If you prayed to God to try and help someone get better and they did, you would most likely put it down as an act of God.  In contrast, if they didn't get better, how is God going to answer your prayer in a way that you didn't expect?  That person is gone and is never coming back so your prayer is never answered and he can never answer it another way.  So was your prayer listened to in either scenario?  Most likely not.  If the person got better, it was simply a coincidence.I see exactly what you mean mummy and I do agree with you too. I do have faith to a point. I wish that i could have the blind faith which people have but i am too questioning to have that. But I also cannot accept the fact that we are only on this earth for a certain amount of time. And worship has been around for so long there must be some truth in it! So i agree that thing can be coincidence but also faith can play a part too.

I see exactly what you mean mummy and I do agree with you too. I do have faith to a point. I wish that i could have the blind faith which people have but i am too questioning to have that. But I also cannot accept the fact that we are only on this earth for a certain amount of time. And worship has been around for so long there must be some truth in it! So i agree that thing can be coincidence but also faith can play a part too.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not saying there isn't a God.  And I'm not saying that one should not have faith.  I am simply saying that prayer is used as a tool by religions.  It's the most powerful tool they have.  I do have problems with blind faith because faith, by definition, is hope governed by assurances.  The term faith has lost it's meaning because people mix hope and faith up.  They are similar but very different.  For example:  If you went for a job interview, someone might say to you:  "Have faith, zhiv.  You'll get the job."  but that is not faith, that is just hope.  You can hope you get the job and your friend is hoping you will get it too.  But there is nothing assured that you will get the job, so that is not faith.  On the otherhand, if you studied really hard for an exam and you did the exam and you answered the questions confidently, you can have faith that you will passs.  Why?  Because you have the assurance that your hard work in your studies will ensure that you will pass the exam especially since you answered the questions confidently.  This can help people understand faith in terms of religion.... faith is the assurances of your hope.... if you pray that your friend or relative will get better from an illness that is terminal, that is simply hope because you have no assurance they will get better.  On the otherhand, if your friend or relative has an illness and your doctor says that it's treatable, you can pray that it will be a speedy recover because you have faith that they will recover because you have the assurance from the doctor.  If you don't believe me that this is the definition of faith, you can find the only definition of the word in Hebrews 11:1.

As for living on this planet a short time:  who, in their right mind, wants to die?  I say "in their right mind", because tragically, some people do want to die.  And even some of those hope that they will go somewhere better. 

The fact of the matter is: Eternity is built into our psyche.  As Freddy Mercury once sung:  "Who wants to live forever?"  I know I do but I have no assurances that I will so I hope that when this life is over, maybe God will remember me.  If not, I've lost nothing:  I experienced this life, enjoyed it and if I become non-existent, I have nothing to worry about, do I?

i think its very cruel of god to let people die or lose their house in storms and floods and hurricanes if he has the power to stop it for a couple thats moving to another house....
WOW!  That there just speaks volumes!eek.gif

I'm homesick for Winnipeg but excited that I'll be spending Christmas there with old friends.

Sorry to hear the bad news ((illum))Hope you find strength

Im in a good and loving but tired mood, home alone and listening to the radio and still have to make a cup of tea............

i would like to start painting the birdhouse... but dark clouds above our heads .. wonder whetter or not its gonna rain. online forecast says it will stay dry on our side of the country in the afternoon. am i gonna risk it??