Sign in to follow this  
123love

What mood are you in today??

[quote name='mummy wrote:

Zhivvy']I see exactly what you mean mummy and I do agree with you too. I do have faith to a point. I wish that i could have the blind faith which people have but i am too questioning to have that. But I also cannot accept the fact that we are only on this earth for a certain amount of time. And worship has been around for so long there must be some truth in it! So i agree that thing can be coincidence but also faith can play a part too.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not saying there isn't a God.  And I'm not saying that one should not have faith.  I am simply saying that prayer is used as a tool by religions.  It's the most powerful tool they have.  I do have problems with blind faith because faith, by definition, is hope governed by assurances.  The term faith has lost it's meaning because people mix hope and faith up.  They are similar but very different.  For example:  If you went for a job interview, someone might say to you:  "Have faith, zhiv.  You'll get the job."  but that is not faith, that is just hope.  You can hope you get the job and your friend is hoping you will get it too.  But there is nothing assured that you will get the job, so that is not faith.  On the otherhand, if you studied really hard for an exam and you did the exam and you answered the questions confidently, you can have faith that you will passs.  Why?  Because you have the assurance that your hard work in your studies will ensure that you will pass the exam especially since you answered the questions confidently.  This can help people understand faith in terms of religion.... faith is the assurances of your hope.... if you pray that your friend or relative will get better from an illness that is terminal, that is simply hope because you have no assurance they will get better.  On the otherhand, if your friend or relative has an illness and your doctor says that it's treatable, you can pray that it will be a speedy recover because you have faith that they will recover because you have the assurance from the doctor.  If you don't believe me that this is the definition of faith, you can find the only definition of the word in Hebrews 11:1.

As for living on this planet a short time:  who, in their right mind, wants to die?  I say "in their right mind", because tragically, some people do want to die.  And even some of those hope that they will go somewhere better. 

The fact of the matter is: Eternity is built into our psyche.  As Freddy Mercury once sung:  "Who wants to live forever?"  I know I do but I have no assurances that I will so I hope that when this life is over, maybe God will remember me.  If not, I've lost nothing:  I experienced this life, enjoyed it and if I become non-existent, I have nothing to worry about, do I?

I do know what you mean about prayer is a tool. And prayer is a word used to easily, and people pray for selfish reasons  - not that I am saying that anyone on here is doing that.

And I love that Queen song - and Highlander too lol!! And I don't particularly want to live forever on this earth, although having quite a nice time - sometimes it is a struggle, and it is hard work and it gets you down but I want to make the most of this life! And not sure what comes after we die, but there has to be something - it seems a waste to create the wonder of a person, and to have that soul grow and develop to then disappear in a second when we die!

Really bad mood today!

I have a massive tooth abscess and a bump on my jaw the size of a golf ball...not exactly ingredients for a good mood!

Really bad mood today!

I have a massive tooth abscess and a bump on my jaw the size of a golf ball...not exactly ingredients for a good mood!

Ouch!!!! Hope you get that sorted soon - just reading that is making me wince!

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

Lemonhead']Really bad mood today!

On Nurofen 400s which help **flies around the room** and antibiotics which should help, but today it's at its worse so I'm feeling pretty miserable!

Thanks Barbara!

I had a busy couple of weeks but back to normal now smile.gif (well apart from the obvious problem today that is lol)

[quote name='Lemonhead wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

On Nurofen 400s which help **flies around the room** and antibiotics which should help, but today it's at its worse so I'm feeling pretty miserable!

Well if it is at its worse today - tomorrow it should be feeling better!

That's what I'm hoping for, it's a long time to go until tomorrow though...

Zhivvy']

That's what I'm hoping for, it's a long time to go until tomorrow though...

Keep taking the painkillers!

Feeling ok!smile.gif

I just hate this darkness. It's 5.30 here and it's already as dark as in midnight.frown.gif

I didn't remember that november is sooooooo dark!! (and it's getting darker every day...)

Feeling ok! I just hate this darkness. It's 5.30 here and it's already as dark as in midnight. I didn't remember that november is sooooooo dark!! (and it's getting darker every day...)

Zhivvy wrote:

Poor you Lemonfrown.gif take painkillers and have some rest, hope you'll get better soon!

i would like to start painting the birdhouse... but dark clouds above our heads .. wonder whetter or not its gonna rain. online forecast says it will stay dry on our side of the country in the afternoon. am i gonna risk it?? 

So did you do the painting Barbara? I was helping my friends with painting their house... painting is soooo nice and relaxing...smile.gif 

Poor you Lemonfrown.gif take painkillers and have some rest, hope you'll get better soon!

Thanks! I'm all drugged up now and having a very lazy afternoon between the computer and my bed!

[quote name='kerttuli wrote:

barbara1']i would like to start painting the birdhouse... but dark clouds above our heads .. wonder whetter or not its gonna rain. online forecast says it will stay dry on our side of the country in the afternoon. am i gonna risk it?? 

So did you do the painting Barbara? I was helping my friends with painting their house... painting is soooo nice and relaxing...smile.gif i like painting too!

but seems like everything happens in steps over here, the goin to ikea-plans, the goin to the movie.... and the painting. just when i wanted to start the job, i noticed my love bought paint on a water-base, instead of solvent. didnt seem like a good idea for an outdoor birdhouse/gardenhouse. so called the store and they recommended to swap the paint. had to wait till love got back home from work (he had the bill and you need it to swap things) so we had the right paint round 5, then went to our bank to pick up bank-card love left there in the ATM yesterdaynite. then it was already getting dark. so we had dinner and played a board-game with silas ( which i promised him yesterday) and i won!!!

then some tv with kids, nice evening all togehter. gonna watch a movie upstairs  now! see you guys tomorrow.

[quote name='kerttuli wrote:

barbara1']i would like to start painting the birdhouse... but dark clouds above our heads .. wonder whetter or not its gonna rain. online forecast says it will stay dry on our side of the country in the afternoon. am i gonna risk it?? 

So did you do the painting Barbara? I was helping my friends with painting their house... painting is soooo nice and relaxing...smile.gif i like painting too!

but seems like everything happens in steps over here, the goin to ikea-plans, the goin to the movie.... and the painting. just when i wanted to start the job, i noticed my love bought paint on a water-base, instead of solvent. didnt seem like a good idea for an outdoor birdhouse/gardenhouse. so called the store and they recommended to swap the paint. had to wait till love got back home from work (he had the bill and you need it to swap things) so we had the right paint round 5, then went to our bank to pick up bank-card love left there in the ATM yesterdaynite. then it was already getting dark. so we had dinner and played a board-game with silas ( which i promised him yesterday) and i won!!!

then some tv with kids, nice evening all togehter. gonna watch a movie upstairs  now! see you guys tomorrow.

Feisty with a side-order of relief because as a result of reading a book I realized I was "holding back" in some situations  which does no one any favors in the end.  I'm also relieved because a senator and an initiative won in my state's election!!!

Worse than yesterday! It's getting worse before getting better (that is I'm hoping it's going to get better soon as I look strangely seasonal with a face the size of a pumpkin...)

If this goes on I'll have to change my profile and avatar to Pumkinhead frown.gif

Worse than yesterday! It's getting worse before getting better (that is I'm hoping it's going to get better soon as I look strangely seasonal with a face the size of a pumpkin...)

If this goes on I'll have to change my profile and avatar to Pumkinhead frown.gif

Now I think of it, it's probably karma for eating all those cute ducks this summer laugh.gif

Lemonhead']Worse than yesterday! It's getting worse before getting better (that is I'm hoping it's going to get better soon as I look strangely seasonal with a face the size of a pumpkin...)

If this goes on I'll have to change my profile and avatar to Pumkinhead
frown.gif

Now I think of it, it's probably karma for eating all those cute ducks this summer laugh.gif

It could be the duck's revenge - you did take a huge delight in all that duck eating lol!!

can you not go to emergency dentist or something and get it lanced? - painful to do but then relief!

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

Lemonhead wrote:

Lemonhead']Worse than yesterday! It's getting worse before getting better (that is I'm hoping it's going to get better soon as I look strangely seasonal with a face the size of a pumpkin...)

If this goes on I'll have to change my profile and avatar to Pumkinhead
frown.gif

Now I think of it, it's probably karma for eating all those cute ducks this summer
laugh.gif

It could be the duck's revenge - you did take a huge delight in all that duck eating lol!!

can you not go to emergency dentist or something and get it lanced? - painful to do but then relief!

I have an appointment at 1.00pm. I hope it gets sorted today, most importantly I need antibiotics and loads of them smile.gif