Sign in to follow this  
123love

What mood are you in today??

Yep, two weeks off for Christmas - my kids went back today as well, but we have a three day weekend on Jan. 17th as it's MLK Day ")))

Wow! I remember most of those songs, but never could have listed them all and certainly would never remember all those dates . . . Nice job!!!

I'm feeling industrious today as decided to tackle the clutter issue around the house! Not sure I've succeed as it is all migrating to the guest room, but much nicer in the rest of the house!

Lemonhead, the Day Surgery Team took on your request very seriously today, as soon as I asked what songs could be remembered from 1970, Surgeons, anaesthetists and nurses all started to come up with some favourites. I do believe there was a lot of cheating going on with phones & computers etc..

Here's some:

He ain't heavy he's my brother - Hollies

I'll be there - Jackson 5

Band of gold - Freda Payne

Mama told me not to come - 3 dog night

Make it with you - bread

All right now - Free

Venus - Shocking Blue

Love grows where my Rosemary goes - Edison lighthouse

The long and winding road - Beatles

Fire and Rain - James Taylor

Up the ladder to the roof - Supremes

Woodstock - Crosby Stills nash & young

25 or 6 to 4 - Chicargo

Bridge over troubled water - Simon & Garfunkel

I might try 1971 on my next shift !!!!!!

love the shocking blue's venus!! a song by a dutch band, and my mom was told back in those days that she resembled very much to mariska. all those songs for just one year, maggie? wow, lemon is gonna have a hard time putting together his list.

Venus was one of 3 records we had when I lived on a kibbutz, many, many years ago, We played and danced to it every night for 3 months, it must have been pretty old even then !!!!!!

Feeling tired today, could do with about 12 hours deep sleep!

Ugh.. I'm feeling like I'm getting something, some fever and a bit of a sore throat and feeling tired. Think I'll talke some paracetomol and have an early night and see what happens. The big problem is other staff have been comming into work with colds and stuff because they are afraid to go off sick because of the new sickness policy at work.

Ugh.. I'm feeling like I'm getting something, some fever and a bit of a sore throat and feeling tired. Think I'll talke some paracetomol and have an early night and see what happens. The big problem is other staff have been comming into work with colds and stuff because they are afraid to go off sick because of the new sickness policy at work.

at our ward, almost everyone has a habit to come to work while sick. cause they don wanna be the ones who stood up the rest of team. and we work at the oncology-ward... how smart is that?! (risk of infecting our patients with our bugs...)

btw, whats the policy?

Hope you not coming down with one of these horrible bugs Maggie! get well soon xxx

Maggie hope your feeling better warm hugs...take care AH!sick.gif

Aroused excited , its not my fault though but its a nice feeling/mood.........................

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

maggie18patchwork']Ugh.. I'm feeling like I'm getting something, some fever and a bit of a sore throat and feeling tired. Think I'll talke some paracetomol and have an early night and see what happens. The big problem is other staff have been comming into work with colds and stuff because they are afraid to go off sick because of the new sickness policy at work.

at our ward, almost everyone has a habit to come to work while sick. cause they don wanna be the ones who stood up the rest of team. and we work at the oncology-ward... how smart is that?! (risk of infecting our patients with our bugs...)

btw, whats the policy?

We have a scoring system, when you hit the score of 90 which equates roughly to 3 periods of short sickness you get issued with a final warning, this lasts for 6 months on your record and if you are sick in this period then you are fired. It does cut down people going off sick just because they feel like it. But it also makes those on warnings very nervous and they have been comming in and spreading bugs everywhere. I haven't taken a day off in over 2 years even sometimes when my back is killing me. So if I suddenly hit a period of illness, they hopefully would take my previous good record into account!!

Going to work when sick - doesn't sound good at allfrown.gif hope you'll get rid of the bugs soon!!!

I'm feeling good, my brother was visiting, he came yesterday and left in the morning. Today I'm going to bodycombat (love it!!!!) and after it meet my friends and have a dinner somewhere.

And I'm also very elevated and on party mood - listening to live from Slane Castle... this is so amazing, so goooooooood that I can't just sit here and listen, I'm almost running and dancing around my home, help me, lollaugh.giflaugh.gif too much time from last gig / live feed!!!!!!!

Nice one Kerti, there's a lot of energy going on there! Cheery to read.  I'm in an ok mood, seem to be really tired for some reason just want to sleep sleep sleep, weird!

Sounds a fun day Kert - enjoy

And Maggie these stupid new sickness scores - I agree that these had to be put in place as some people were playing the system but now the genuine people are scared to take of a need break when sick and the ones who played the system are still doing it and getting away with it. My brother works for the NHS too and has had the same problem before christmas he had major larynx problems and no voice (a blessing for us all lol!!) but because he has had 2 periods of sickness off he had to go into work and speak to patients with no voice as he couldn't have any more time off - very silly!!!

Anywway I am angry with myself today - trying to get my sleeping pattern back to order so tried to go to bed a bit earlier last night - but got to 1am and then read a mag til 2!! So after dropping off Eleanor at school I fell asleep on the sofa til half twelve - which means that I won't sleep tonight - no happy with myself!!!

We have a lot in common - I had another bout of insomnia last night. Up at 4:45 am watching TV, playing on the computer. It will hit me this afternoon and so hard to fight off the urge to nap!!!

I had no idea that nurses were coming in while sick - doesn't sound too good for the patients, yikes!!!

Tomorrow will be the day that no matter when i sleep i will stay up all day - I have too lol!

Happy , been to my meeting and now relaxing with one glass of wine and then sleep and be up early in the morning to pick up my daughter................

Trying to get into a tidying mood as i need to do some!!

Starting with bunny - she needs cleaning out and then some hoovering and then the dusting and the washing etc.... i have had all day to do it but haven't managed it as i was struck down with lazyitis!

Going to work when sick - doesn't sound good at allfrown.gif hope you'll get rid of the bugs soon!!!

The sad part of the deal is many jobs nowadays don't have sick-days so if one doesn't work, they don't get paid.

[quote name='illumination70 wrote:

kerttuli']

Going to work when sick - doesn't sound good at all
frown.gif
 hope you'll get rid of the bugs soon!!!

The sad part of the deal is many jobs nowadays don't have sick-days so if one doesn't work, they don't get paid.

yes I know and that's really awful... and I understand that many people have to work to get paid even if they are sick. Very sad.frown.gif 

We get paid even if we are on sickleave but I have many co-workers who still comes to work when they are sick...eyes.gif 'cause they are too conscientious etc!!! And then they have a weird competition "who has never been on sick leave"... (And of course we have also them who stay at home if they had a little headache on previous evening)

[quote name='kerttuli wrote:

illumination70 wrote:

kerttuli']

Going to work when sick - doesn't sound good at all
frown.gif
 hope you'll get rid of the bugs soon!!!

yes I know and that's really awful... and I understand that many people have to work to get paid even if they are sick. Very sad.frown.gif 

We get paid even if we are on sickleave but I have many co-workers who still comes to work when they are sick...eyes.gif 'cause they are too conscientious etc!!! And then they have a weird competition "who has never been on sick leave"... (And of course we have also them who stay at home if they had a little headache on previous evening)

our hospital had to cope with many sick workers last year, but it was national, even international, wasnt it? lots of people really were sick. and i for one am sure none of my colleagues (i mean the ones at my unit) stay home on sick-leave when not really sick! so the hospital threatens to send controle-doctors, who will send you back to work. i say: let them come! they wont find me home sick when i'm not. so no doctor is sending me back to work.

but we also have the 'competition'-people. but they also go: i never stayed home when my kids were ill! i brought them to grandparents before dawn to come to work! when a younger colleague has to stay home with her sick baby. whats that bout?? first of all: not every couple has parents who are able, or close enough to look after sick grandkids! and second: poor kids!! nothing to be proud of, i think.

but how can some jobs not have sickleave? are you serious? in this century? in our western society? people still don get paid when sick? thats wrong!

Im in a really tired but satisfied mood but as they say in french

craint l'eau qui dort (fear waters that sleep)~fear the still watery deep

Or as we say the calm before the storm

But I should stay positive.............. ohwell.gif