Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joshthetree

...NEWS FLASH....NEWS FLASH....NEWS FLASH....

Tired of not getting any info about new U2 or band related releases?  Me too =0)

Why is there nothing on .com about 'Wide Awake in Europe' or 'The Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame' CD which features a whole disc of U2 material, come on U2.com this is meant to be a fan club

[quote name=joshthetree]Tired of not getting any info about new U2 or band related releases?  Me too =0)

Why is there nothing on .com about 'Wide Awake in Europe' or 'The Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame' CD which features a whole disc of U2 material, come on U2.com this is meant to be a fan club
I was thinking the same thing, it seems that U2.com is the last one to hear/know about U2 releases, this site is under a spell or something because it runs in slow motion...

There are no news here, it's a desert place where nothing happens, U2's management has forgot about the fans........

[quote name='bacadorina wrote:

joshthetree
']Tired of not getting any info about new U2 or band related releases?  Me too =0)

I was thinking the same thing, it seems that U2.com is the last one to hear/know about U2 releases, this site is under a spell or something because it runs in slow motion...

There are no news here, it's a desert place where nothing happens, U2's management has forgot about the fans........

Actually, I think they do it on purpose so that we have to find out about these things by ourselves...

At least they don't give us random tour dates every now and thenroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gif
Yeah U2.com we love you!

As soon as anything official is released, (be it tour dates, song releases etc.), you can be sure it will be posted on the main page. Until then, everything should be assumed to be in the rumour mill. Sometimes the rumours prove to be correct, often not - but until anything actually gets the official 'stamp', then you won't see anything on the official site. (There is always an exception to the rule, such as the Glastonbury teaser just before next years tickets went on sale, and still no official word on whether we will see an appearance from the band or not...) - but generally, nearly always, it ain't official 'til it shows up on U2.com.

One thing is for sure though, you can always expect the unexpected when you least expect :)

Hiya,

There's a 4 CD box set on Amazon or  a 2 disc CD featuring exactly teh same material at the same place or DVD - it was from the 25th Anniversasry concert of the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame.  I never watche dthe show but assume it's waht has already been broadcast, still looks great though - there's a track listing on Amazon:

1. Vertigo - By U2 Listennotes_clear._V192250658_.gif
2. Magnificent - By U2 Listennotes_clear._V192250658_.gif
3. Because the Night - By U2 With Bruce Springsteen, Patti Smith And Roy Bittan Listennotes_clear._V192250658_.gif
4. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - By U2 With Bruce Springsteen Listennotes_clear._V192250658_.gif
5. Mysterious Ways - By U2 Listennotes_clear._V192250658_.gif
6. Where Is the Love/One - By U2 With The Black Eyed Peas Listennotes_clear._V192250658_.gif
7. Gimme Shelter - By U2 With Mick Jagger, Fergie And will.i.am Listennotes_clear._V192250658_.gif
8. Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of - By U2 With Mick Jagger Listennotes_clear._V192250658_.gif
9. Beautiful Day - By U2

Cheers
=0)

Hi, Josh! Wide Awake In Europe seems to be a collectors edition of only 5000 copies to be sold in indie shops on the Independent Record Store Day (Black Friday, 26th November) in America, look at this link:

http://whtq.com/blogs/roc...-record-store-day-c.html

It has been cancelled in other stores as Amazon.

I can still see it on Amazon UK, albeit without any information.

About Wide awake in Europe: because it's already sold out, I guess :P

I wonder how the other sites run by Live Nation work... this one is very bad on news (although I love the videos and pics)

The RnR HoF songs are available at iTunes 99cents a song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The RnR HoF songs are available at iTunes 99cents a song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cool ATTS thanks for posting this, that sounds a fair price.

a good way i've found to get cheap music for your ipod/mp3 player is, in the UK, go to your local Library over here mos seem to lend out CDs for a small fee (50pence per album round here) and you can take it come and rip to your player - alot cheaper than iTunes.  If they don't have the album you want they can search round the country and order it for you.

That said i always buy any official U2 release that gets released if i have the cash available. 

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:

mariacm']Hi, Josh! Wide Awake In Europe seems to be a collectors edition of only 5000 copies to be sold in indie shops on the Independent Record Store Day (Black Friday, 26th November) in America, look at this link:

I can still see it on Amazon UK, albeit without any information.Humm, this is so strange, here it has disappeared and my preorder cancelled.

[quote name='mariacm wrote:

peterferris8 wrote:

mariacm']Hi, Josh! Wide Awake In Europe seems to be a collectors edition of only 5000 copies to be sold in indie shops on the Independent Record Store Day (Black Friday, 26th November) in America, look at this link:

Humm, this is so strange, here it has disappeared and my preorder cancelled.

Wow. Yes I heard it was a rarity, and maybe they were sold out long before news reached us in this webpage

mad.gif

[quote name='danielsentana wrote:

mariacm wrote:

peterferris8 wrote:

Wow. Yes I heard it was a rarity, and maybe they were sold out long before news reached us in this webpage

mad.gif

Hi, Daniel, you're lucky you're in the States right now, look for a reputed, old, indie shop and go there as soon as possible on the 26th, you may get one of the copies. Good luck!!! Let me hear if you get it wink.gif.

[quote name='mariacm wrote:

danielsentana wrote:

mariacm wrote:

peterferris8 wrote:

mad.gif

Hi, Daniel, you're lucky you're in the States right now, look for a reputed, old, indie shop and go there as soon as possible on the 26th, you may get one of the copies. Good luck!!! Let me hear if you get it wink.gif.

I will! Haha there's one just outside my house! Let's hope they get some copies!

Now Amazon UK is listing Wide Awake In Europe with 22 November release date and price tag of £9.99, but no cover art.

Q :Wait, have you heard of this live vinyl that U2.com are talking about now??

A :Yes...about three weeks ago.

a real shamw wide awake in Europe is in such a limited quantity, it should have been offered first here to the paid subscribers, I'll never get a copy, we don'[t have an indie store where I live, I justs dont think it is fair how the marketing is done......

As soon as anything official is released, (be it tour dates, song releases etc.), you can be sure it will be posted on the main page. Until then, everything should be assumed to be in the rumour mill. Sometimes the rumours prove to be correct, often not - but until anything actually gets the official 'stamp', then you won't see anything on the official site. (

Almost three weeks ago, Record Day was announced on this site; http://thesilvertongueonline.com/?p=18695 

Two and a half weeks ago, I paid my independant record store in town here for two copies as he was taking orders for them THEN!

Two weeks ago, ppl were paying for orders on line for this record. I think at that point, there realy should of been something up on the site for it. There are rumours about certain things that don't come to fruition. In the same regard, when ppl everywhere, are paying money for a product sponsored by the band, I think it's an OFFICIAL done deal, wouldn't you?

IMO It not only should of been up on the site two weeks ago, but subscribers should of had first crack at ordering them if interested. That would of been a nice acknowledgement!  This is just a tiny example of how things are received not to well here on the OFFICIAL site about OFFICIAL releases.

I find it to be quite embarrassing for the site's sake. 

My record store owner received 10 copies nine days earlier than the release date. He rung me to get them and thirty minutes later, all ten copies were sold! I got my two and posted pics of this record on FB and within an hour I have a request from Matt @u2.com asking me permission to put them up. That's pretty savvy trying to get info out IMO!

I also posted in the collectors Club for my fellow collectors last night.

@ u2 posted them on the first page. People want info more faster than ever and I think U2.com should start keeping up with the Jones'. Seriously. 

Here's the kind of rumour that you are talking about that shouldn't get the official stamp, but I'll be back at this thread in the months mentioned for giggles;

rumor:U2 are working in studio,south america tour at the end of february,short european tour in august with last dates in dublin ;)

As soon as anything official is released, (be it tour dates, song releases etc.), you can be sure it will be posted on the main page. Until then, everything should be assumed to be in the rumour mill. Sometimes the rumours prove to be correct, often not - but until anything actually gets the official 'stamp', then you won't see anything on the official site. (

Almost three weeks ago, Record Day was announced on this site; http://thesilvertongueonline.com/?p=18695 

Two and a half weeks ago, I paid my independant record store in town here for two copies as he was taking orders for them THEN!

Two weeks ago, ppl were paying for orders on line for this record. I think at that point, there realy should of been something up on the site for it. There are rumours about certain things that don't come to fruition. In the same regard, when ppl everywhere, are paying money for a product sponsored by the band, I think it's an OFFICIAL done deal, wouldn't you?

IMO It not only should of been up on the site two weeks ago, but subscribers should of had first crack at ordering them if interested. That would of been a nice acknowledgement!  This is just a tiny example of how things are received not to well here on the OFFICIAL site about OFFICIAL releases.

My record store owner received 10 copies nine days earlier than the release date. He rung me to get them and thirty minutes later, all ten copies were sold! I got my two and posted pics of this record on FB and within an hour I have a request from Matt @u2.com asking me permission to put them up. That's pretty savvy trying to get info out IMO!

@ u2 posted them on the first page. People want info more faster than ever and I think U2.com should start keeping up with the Jones'. Seriously. 

Here's the kind of rumour that you are talking about that shouldn't get the official stamp, but I'll be back at this thread in the months mentioned for giggles;

rumor:U2 are working in studio,south america tour at the end of february,short european tour in august with last dates in dublin ;)

[quote name='Jake99 wrote:

bigwave']As soon as anything official is released, (be it tour dates, song releases etc.), you can be sure it will be posted on the main page. Until then, everything should be assumed to be in the rumour mill. Sometimes the rumours prove to be correct, often not - but until anything actually gets the official 'stamp', then you won't see anything on the official site. (

rumor:U2 are working in studio,south america tour at the end of february,short european tour in august with last dates in dublin ;)great pictures jake i saw them just now, wide awake in europe looks terrific.what's the version of 'mercy' like?