Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joshthetree

...NEWS FLASH....NEWS FLASH....NEWS FLASH....

[quote name='joshthetree wrote:

Jake99 wrote:

bigwave']As soon as anything official is released, (be it tour dates, song releases etc.), you can be sure it will be posted on the main page. Until then, everything should be assumed to be in the rumour mill. Sometimes the rumours prove to be correct, often not - but until anything actually gets the official 'stamp', then you won't see anything on the official site. (

Almost three weeks ago, Record Day was announced on this site;

Two and a half weeks ago, I paid my independant record store in town here for two copies as he was taking orders for them THEN!

Two weeks ago, ppl were paying for orders on line for this record. I think at that point, there realy should of been something up on the site for it. There are rumours about certain things that don't come to fruition. In the same regard, when ppl everywhere, are paying money for a product sponsored by the band, I think it's an OFFICIAL done deal, wouldn't you?

IMO It not only should of been up on the site two weeks ago, but subscribers should of had first crack at ordering them if interested. That would of been a nice acknowledgement!  This is just a tiny example of how things are received not to well here on the OFFICIAL site about OFFICIAL releases.

I find it to be quite embarrassing for the site's sake. 

My record store owner received 10 copies nine days earlier than the release date. He rung me to get them and thirty minutes later, all ten copies were sold! I got my two and posted pics of this record on FB and within an hour I have a request from Matt @u2.com asking me permission to put them up. That's pretty savvy trying to get info out IMO!

I

posted them on the first page. People want info more faster than ever and I think U2.com should start keeping up with the Jones'. Seriously. 

Here's the kind of rumour that you are talking about that shouldn't get the official stamp, but I'll be back at this thread in the months mentioned for giggles;

rumor:U2 are working in studio,south america tour at the end of february,short european tour in august with last dates in dublin
;)great pictures jake i saw them just now, wide awake in europe looks terrific.what's the version of 'mercy' like?

at first, I thougt the sound was comparable to a 320 mp3. but then the music realy took over in great sound.

all tracks are pretty good sounding for live tracks. well worth the $13 imowink.gif

Jake99 wrote:

bigwave']As soon as anything official is released, (be it tour dates, song releases etc.), you can be sure it will be posted on the main page. Until then, everything should be assumed to be in the rumour mill. Sometimes the rumours prove to be correct, often not - but until anything actually gets the official 'stamp', then you won't see anything on the official site. (

Two and a half weeks ago, I paid my independant record store in town here for two copies as he was taking orders for them THEN!

Two weeks ago, ppl were paying for orders on line for this record. I think at that point, there realy should of been something up on the site for it. There are rumours about certain things that don't come to fruition. In the same regard, when ppl everywhere, are paying money for a product sponsored by the band, I think it's an OFFICIAL done deal, wouldn't you?

IMO It not only should of been up on the site two weeks ago, but subscribers should of had first crack at ordering them if interested. That would of been a nice acknowledgement!  This is just a tiny example of how things are received not to well here on the OFFICIAL site about OFFICIAL releases.

My record store owner received 10 copies nine days earlier than the release date. He rung me to get them and thirty minutes later, all ten copies were sold! I got my two and posted pics of this record on FB and within an hour I have a request from Matt @u2.com asking me permission to put them up. That's pretty savvy trying to get info out IMO!

I

posted them on the first page. People want info more faster than ever and I think U2.com should start keeping up with the Jones'. Seriously. 

Here's the kind of rumour that you are talking about that shouldn't get the official stamp, but I'll be back at this thread in the months mentioned for giggles;

rumor:U2 are working in studio,south america tour at the end of february,short european tour in august with last dates in dublin
;)great pictures jake i saw them just now, wide awake in europe looks terrific.what's the version of 'mercy' like?

at first, I thougt the sound was comparable to a 320 mp3. but then the music realy took over in great sound.

all tracks are pretty good sounding for live tracks. well worth the $13 imowink.gif

Jake99 wrote:

I

...........NEWS FLASH>>>>>>>>>>

U2 DUALS is shipping during Winter.

According to the U2.com shop help desk, thou they didn't mention a year ;0)