Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jillie

Still adead zoo, might as well head off to bed

don;t know how this place will ever revive itself to the glory days of elevation and vertigo, so sad........

don;t know how this place will ever revive itself to the glory days of elevation and vertigo, so sad........

Maybe do this more often and more people coming in here will bring it alive

to be honest i love it in here - I have made some great friends - some i have been lucky enough to meet and others i am dying to meet

if you think its dead, its because we need people like you to stick around and liven this place up!!

this whole flashmob thing was incredible!!

Jillie, tracy, gibbo, others---COME BACK AND KICK OUR ARSES INTO SHAPE!!!

TONIGHT WAS GREAT FUN!!!!!!!!!

These are the glory days. Don't understand what people want to happen here. Look around... there is always something here. And  there is always something to say.

I don't know about anyone else, but is the paid member forum/general section-threads accessible? I can't click on it...all the other thread topics show up (tickets, news, etc)...just thought at first that is what was meant by "dead"...

I don't know about anyone else, but is the paid member forum/general section-threads accessible? I can't click on it...all the other thread topics show up (tickets, news, etc)...just thought at first that is what was meant by "dead"...

I don't know.... 306.gif maybe we should call ourselves Zombies ......Lord knows how scary I really am...2mpe5id.gif

[quote name='U2LAWoman wrote:

badsilver']I don't know about anyone else, but is the paid member forum/general section-threads accessible? I can't click on it...all the other thread topics show up (tickets, news, etc)...just thought at first that is what was meant by "dead"...

I don't know.... 306.gif maybe we should call ourselves Zombies ......Lord knows how scary I really am...2mpe5id.gif

The General forum in the subscribers area will be up and running again in a few hours. Apologies for any inconvience this might cause.

but why is the paid section down LH no expalantion, no announcements, just a mystery - i pay my money to access all areas and i cant

so why is it - is it a clean up after the flashmob - if so that is pretty poor

but why is the paid section down LH no expalantion, no announcements, just a mystery - i pay my money to access all areas and i cant

so why is it - is it a clean up after the flashmob - if so that is pretty poor

Leonie, announcements are generally made daytime US, guess we just have to wait.

[quote name='U2LAWoman wrote:

Jillie']don;t know how this place will ever revive itself to the glory days of elevation and vertigo, so sad........

These are the glory days. Don't understand what people want to happen here. Look around... there is always something here. And  there is always something to say.

i can get their point, tho.... because they don stick around long enough anymore to get to know the 'newbies' and the ones who do stay downstairs quite often, and have this 'subgroup'.

i've been there in the beginning, but as a newbie you get almost no reactions., i don wanna start an argue but up here (free-zone) people are just more welcoming to new faces. and i think we have a nice group goin here love0031.gif.....snif.....

grouphug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!grouphugg.gif

Don't be sad Barbara, it is really good fun in here everyday, we all make an effort and it makes it a fun place to be, I don't know what it was like before because I only came into the zoo itself last year, to be honest before that I felt a bit too shy, but once you start to make friends and to make an effort to join in the fun everyone responds and it's friendly and a great place to be, just my opinion

earthhug.gif

...but then I s'pose your enjoyment of it as a forum depends on what you want from it in terms of expectations so I kinda understand if peeps feel unhappy that it's not the same anymore compared to how they remember it, maybe it has changed but not necessarily for the worse, just different, everything evolves and changes I guess as newbies come, I tend to think the more the merrier but that's just me

with you, anjana.

but it does bother me sometimes how these 'oldies' complain bout the zoo not being great anymore (but i could live with that, cause our grandparents say that bout the world outside too, everyone likes the world best during his glory days) but when they say everything is boring and we all try to be nice to avoid being banned, i kinda get a little mad! i mean, come one we have some very bad behaviour in here nd i cant remember the mods telling us to keep it clean? (all the mango/irish sausage-stuff you girls were on about *keeps an innocent face herself) either the mods never saw that (and we're busted now, when they read this embarassed.gif) or the oldies just don wanna see the fun in here anymore?
we had had arguments in the past, but as long  no one got insulting, i never saw them getting deleted?

on a regular day you find in here: anjana, lawoman, spicy, kertuli, sue, 123, zhivvy, caz, janette, jbarnych,nikki,pollyanna, lemonhead. and on many days you also have: zooropa, nancy hanks, mummy, kristaps, voxxiegirl, scout, redhead, .... 
 they can call us dead, but i don see so many people in their special groups either, just saying...

peace, man 109.gif

Each to their own I say, we all have different ideas of 'fun', it's a subjective personal thing, we don't find our friends in here boring because we are bound to be drawn to people we like and steer clear of those we don't, it's natural to be friends with some people and not with others, that's the same in all walks of life, on a diverse international site like this there's room for everyone.

Hmm I'd like to know what was this place like earlier? What do you miss... more people, more "interesting" people, more interesting threads or what? (I'm interested, it just difficult to me to compare the present to the glory days, because i've been here only couple of months.)

Just want to say that my opinion of the present zoo is much more positive... i think there are lot of interesting and different kind of threads and nice, smart and funny people. And I've received a very warm welcome, thanks girls!!♥

[quote name='kerttuli wrote:

Jillie']don;t know how this place will ever revive itself to the glory days of elevation and vertigo, so sad........

Hmm I'd like to know what was this place like earlier? What do you miss... more people, more "interesting" people, more interesting threads or what? (I'm interested, it just difficult to me to compare the present to the glory days, because i've been here only couple of months.)

Just want to say that my opinion of the present zoo is much more positive... i think there are lot of interesting and different kind of threads and nice, smart and funny people. And I've received a very warm welcome, thanks girls!!♥you're welcome, kertuli (* a kiss, a hug, walking off stage arm in arm with kertuli , whispers: here you go, kert, your 20 buks as agreed, thanx so much...)

tongue.giftongue.gif

with you, anjana.
but it does bother me sometimes how these 'oldies' complain bout the zoo not being great anymore (but i could live with that, cause our grandparents say that bout the world outside too, everyone likes the world best during his glory days) but when they say everything is boring and we all try to be nice to avoid being banned, i kinda get a little mad! i mean, come one we have some very bad behaviour in here nd i cant remember the mods telling us to keep it clean? (all the mango/irish sausage-stuff you girls were on about *keeps an innocent face herself) either the mods never saw that (and we're busted now, when they read this embarassed.gif) or the oldies just don wanna see the fun in here anymore?
we had had arguments in the past, but as long  no one got insulting, i never saw them getting deleted?

on a regular day you find in here: anjana, lawoman, spicy, kertuli, sue, 123, zhivvy, caz, janette, jbarnych,nikki,pollyanna, lemonhead. and on many days you also have: zooropa, nancy hanks, mummy, kristaps, voxxiegirl, scout, redhead, .... 
 they can call us dead, but i don see so many people in their special groups either, just saying...

peace, man 109.gif

Gotta agree with you, Barbara.... nicely said!

I must say that I am very happy to know u2.com newbies, zooropa_rockz, peter ferris, redhead and others who are quite young and love u2. Some of these newbies are only 14-16 years old.

The forum is as fun as you make it---so thank you Tracy and others who ventured here last night to shake things up.

Please come back more often and start a contest, start a fun wacky thread, start something fun and we will join you.

there is strength in unity

[quote name='kerttuli wrote:

Just want to say that my opinion of the present zoo is much more positive... i think there are lot of interesting and different kind of threads and nice, smart and funny people. And I've received a very warm welcome, thanks girls!!♥

Sometimes I find myself getting a little annoyed at the'oh..the new zoo is sh*te, i am pining for the old zoo' stuff......but then I realize that's its really silly to waste my time thinking about it or being annoyed by it. People are different, and it's ok to complain about things they don't like currently and injustices that have happened in the past. It is obvious that one of the big problems is that some very popular, creative, interesting people have been banned from here for whatever reason...and that has created some bad feelings.

But I agree that that shouldn't be taken out on people who are new to here and just trying to find their own niche and have fun.

The new zootopians of today will probably be old school zootopians one day, and some of them will complain about the new new zootopians....longing for the days of bono the bag , etc.........

and the old zootopians will have merged with displaced message board posters from other popular bands to form their own community where they can all be happy.....a place where no newcomers will be allowed unless they pass a test, and once someone is in..they are in until death......