Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jillie

Still adead zoo, might as well head off to bed

I remember the so-called "glory days" of Verigo being pretty vicious and filled with pathologically disturbed individuals.

lol.

Come on, we're quite nice really!

And to be fair let's not forget all the Happy-clappy-Bono-is-the-second-coming-and-no-one's-allowed-to-have-a-sense-of-humour-or-be-critical-of-the-band-in-any-way-so-help-us-God-and-if-you-don't-like-the-new-album-then-why-are-you-here-and-you-should-give-your-tickets-to-me brigade.......

Oh, and my favourite - peeps that get annoyed and part ways with an "I'm leaving the Zoo forever because you're all pathalogically disturbed" thread, only to return a few months later with a different screen name.....   wink.gif

I remember the so-called "glory days" of Verigo being pretty vicious and filled with pathologically disturbed individuals.

lol.

Come on, we're quite nice really!

And to be fair let's not forget all the Happy-clappy-Bono-is-the-second-coming-and-no-one's-allowed-to-have-a-sense-of-humour-or-be-critical-of-the-band-in-any-way-so-help-us-God-and-if-you-don't-like-the-new-album-then-why-are-you-here-and-you-should-give-your-tickets-to-me brigade.......

Oh, and my favourite - peeps that get annoyed and part ways with an "I'm leaving the Zoo forever because you're all pathalogically disturbed" thread, only to return a few months later with a different screen name.....   wink.gif

[quote name='petermullen wrote:

kerttuli wrote:

Jillie']don;t know how this place will ever revive itself to the glory days of elevation and vertigo, so sad........

Hmm I'd like to know what was this place like earlier? What do you miss... more people, more "interesting" people, more interesting threads or what? (I'm interested, it just difficult to me to compare the present to the glory days, because i've been here only couple of months.)

Just want to say that my opinion of the present zoo is much more positive... i think there are lot of interesting and different kind of threads and nice, smart and funny people. And I've received a very warm welcome, thanks girls!!♥

Sometimes I find myself getting a little annoyed at the'oh..the new zoo is sh*te, i am pining for the old zoo' stuff......but then I realize that's its really silly to waste my time thinking about it or being annoyed by it. People are different, and it's ok to complain about things they don't like currently and injustices that have happened in the past. It is obvious that one of the big problems is that some very popular, creative, interesting people have been banned from here for whatever reason...and that has created some bad feelings.

But I agree that that shouldn't be taken out on people who are new to here and just trying to find their own niche and have fun.

The new zootopians of today will probably be old school zootopians one day, and some of them will complain about the new new zootopians....longing for the days of bono the bag , etc.........

and the old zootopians will have merged with displaced message board posters from other popular bands to form their own community where they can all be happy.....a place where no newcomers will be allowed unless they pass a test, and once someone is in..they are in until death......

Yup, what Pete said.

I will agree to the idea that the "Old Days" were much more exciting simply due to the infinately higher traffic on the forum.

At any time you could come to the Zoo and there'd be 50 peeps posting away.

Nowdays your lucky if there's anyone here at all -  a unanswered thread can hang around on the front page for a few days now.

That's not at all to discount the efforts of the last-men/women-standing - all the folks that come here now have just as much to offer as those who came before them.  There's just a lot less of 'em.

I think the "death" of the Zoo resulted due to many bannings of long time members, the very mixed opinions of NLOTH, the poor and long-lasting technical problems that came with the NLOTH site update, the ridiculous battles between the U2 can-do-no-wrong-brigade and those of us with an actual opinion, and the mass exodus of peeps to the infinately more functional and much cheaper Facebook.

And before anyone spouts off "Mick, you don't have to be here...."

I know. I'm here because deep down I still believe in the Zoo!

[quote name='petermullen wrote:

kerttuli wrote:

Jillie']don;t know how this place will ever revive itself to the glory days of elevation and vertigo, so sad........

Hmm I'd like to know what was this place like earlier? What do you miss... more people, more "interesting" people, more interesting threads or what? (I'm interested, it just difficult to me to compare the present to the glory days, because i've been here only couple of months.)

Just want to say that my opinion of the present zoo is much more positive... i think there are lot of interesting and different kind of threads and nice, smart and funny people. And I've received a very warm welcome, thanks girls!!♥

Sometimes I find myself getting a little annoyed at the'oh..the new zoo is sh*te, i am pining for the old zoo' stuff......but then I realize that's its really silly to waste my time thinking about it or being annoyed by it. People are different, and it's ok to complain about things they don't like currently and injustices that have happened in the past. It is obvious that one of the big problems is that some very popular, creative, interesting people have been banned from here for whatever reason...and that has created some bad feelings.

But I agree that that shouldn't be taken out on people who are new to here and just trying to find their own niche and have fun.

The new zootopians of today will probably be old school zootopians one day, and some of them will complain about the new new zootopians....longing for the days of bono the bag , etc.........

and the old zootopians will have merged with displaced message board posters from other popular bands to form their own community where they can all be happy.....a place where no newcomers will be allowed unless they pass a test, and once someone is in..they are in until death......

Yup, what Pete said.

I will agree to the idea that the "Old Days" were much more exciting simply due to the infinately higher traffic on the forum.

At any time you could come to the Zoo and there'd be 50 peeps posting away.

Nowdays your lucky if there's anyone here at all -  a unanswered thread can hang around on the front page for a few days now.

That's not at all to discount the efforts of the last-men/women-standing - all the folks that come here now have just as much to offer as those who came before them.  There's just a lot less of 'em.

I think the "death" of the Zoo resulted due to many bannings of long time members, the very mixed opinions of NLOTH, the poor and long-lasting technical problems that came with the NLOTH site update, the ridiculous battles between the U2 can-do-no-wrong-brigade and those of us with an actual opinion, and the mass exodus of peeps to the infinately more functional and much cheaper Facebook.

And before anyone spouts off "Mick, you don't have to be here...."

I know. I'm here because deep down I still believe in the Zoo!

[quote name='nikki1120 wrote:

barbara1']with you, anjana.
but it does bother me sometimes how these 'oldies' complain bout the zoo not being great anymore (but i could live with that, cause our grandparents say that bout the world outside too, everyone likes the world best during his glory days) but when they say everything is boring and we all try to be nice to avoid being banned, i kinda get a little mad! i mean, come one we have some very bad behaviour in here nd i cant remember the mods telling us to keep it clean? (all the mango/irish sausage-stuff
you
girls were on about *keeps an innocent face herself) either the mods never saw that (and we're busted now, when they read this 
embarassed.gif
) or the oldies just don wanna see the fun in here anymore?
we had had arguments in the past, but as long  no one got insulting, i never saw them getting deleted?

on a regular day you find in here: anjana, lawoman, spicy, kertuli, sue, 123, zhivvy, caz, janette, jbarnych,nikki,pollyanna, lemonhead. and on many days you also have: zooropa, nancy hanks, mummy, kristaps, voxxiegirl, scout, redhead, .... 
 they can call us dead, but i don see so many people in their special groups either, just saying...

peace, man 
109.gif

Gotta agree with you, Barbara.... nicely said!

...psst, nikki, did you notice how i DIDNT mention the 'M'-word there...wink.gif (you know m-a-n-g-o)

there are 503 pages in the counting thread....that's something for someone to hang their hat on......

petermullen wrote:

ooooow, creepy! are we gonna make them do a blood-oath???? are we???128fs318181.gif

petermullen wrote:

ooooow, creepy! are we gonna make them do a blood-oath???? are we???128fs318181.gif

We should make this place so exclusive that only the members of the band can join.

But heck, you just know Larry would spout off to Bono and get himself banned from the forum!

Either that or Larry would have to apologize to himself for the next pre-sale crapping out.....

petermullen wrote:

We should make this place so exclusive that only the members of the band can join.

But heck, you just know Larry would spout off to Bono and get himself banned from the forum!

Either that or Larry would have to apologize to himself for the next pre-sale crapping out.....

and you think adam would post a picture of a nude model, and get a warning from the mods???

and you think adam would post a picture of a nude model, and get a warning from the mods???

LMAO!!!!!!

Yes it's true, the OWOU2 (official wang of U2) would get it's owner kicked out in a secondroll.gif

LMAO!!!!!!

Yes it's true, the OWOU2 (official wang of U2) would get it's owner kicked out in a secondroll.gif

[quote name='mick james wrote:

barbara1']and you think adam would post a picture of a nude model, and get a warning from the mods???

LMAO!!!!!!

Can't have nuduty - but it would be good if the band were involved!tongue.gif

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

mick james wrote:

barbara1']and you think adam would post a picture of a nude model, and get a warning from the mods???

LMAO!!!!!!

Yes it's true, the OWOU2 (official wang of U2) would get it's owner kicked out in a second
roll.gif

Can't have nuduty - but it would be good if the band were involved!tongue.gif

tut tut tut, cant go changing the rules now, zhiv!

[quote name='mick james wrote:

barbara1']
petermullen wrote:

ooooow, creepy! are we gonna make them do a blood-oath???? are we???
128fs318181.gifWe should make this place so exclusive that only the members of the band can join.

who knows...it might already exist......

I did that....left for a year, came back only to find things still criminally poisoned. Left for another year and came back to find things as they are now, which is really quite civil and nice :-)  But in all frankness, there were criminals here then, engaging in criminal actions--hacking, stalking, worse.  And they were being enabled by whoever the creep was running the place at the time. There is no getting around this truth.  Glad they have regrouped in some shady hole elsewhere.

I did that....left for a year, came back only to find things still criminally poisoned. Left for another year and came back to find things as they are now, which is really quite civil and nice :-)  But in all frankness, there were criminals here then, engaging in criminal actions--hacking, stalking, worse.  And they were being enabled by whoever the creep was running the place at the time. There is no getting around this truth.  Glad they have regrouped in some shady hole elsewhere.

[quote name='security_in_anonymity wrote:

mick james']

Oh, and my favourite - peeps that get annoyed and part ways with an "I'm leaving the Zoo forever because you're all pathalogically disturbed" thread, only to return a few months later with a different screen name.....  
wink.gifI did that....left for a year, came back only to find things still criminally poisoned. Left for another year and came back to find things as they are now, which is really quite civil and nice :-)  But in all frankness, there were criminals here then, engaging in criminal actions--hacking, stalking, worse.  And they were being enabled by whoever the creep was running the place at the time. There is no getting around this truth.  Glad they have regrouped in some shady hole elsewhere.

pssssstttt... security... since you said 'civil' ..... did you forget bout anjana and zhiv then?! did you not hear bout the mango???

shhhhhush now Barbara... I will deny everything!352nmsp.gif

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

security_in_anonymity wrote:

mick james']

Oh, and my favourite - peeps that get annoyed and part ways with an "I'm leaving the Zoo forever because you're all pathalogically disturbed" thread, only to return a few months later with a different screen name.....  
wink.gif

pssssstttt... security... since you said 'civil' ..... did you forget bout anjana and zhiv then?! did you not hear bout the mango???

the mango is innocent!!!! well until i get my hands on it!