Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jillie

Still adead zoo, might as well head off to bed

[quote name='ness 27 wrote:

mick james']Don't know about the rest of you but I'm totally going to the kitchen to make a helmet out of cooking foil.

Last thing I need is aliens stealing my thoughts.

indifferent.gif

Might not be a bad idea Mick... after all you do know it's highly likely there'll be "an increase in alien activity" what with The Claw being in NZ at the moment and due to hit Oz shores in 10 days time.... alien.gif

Ah Ness! It's all a bit exciting innit!!!

Maybe it's like a cult, and the Claw is magically going to take all of us Zootops off to space at the end of the tour??

[quote name='ness 27 wrote:

mick james']Don't know about the rest of you but I'm totally going to the kitchen to make a helmet out of cooking foil.

indifferent.gif

Might not be a bad idea Mick... after all you do know it's highly likely there'll be "an increase in alien activity" what with The Claw being in NZ at the moment and due to hit Oz shores in 10 days time.... alien.gif

Ah Ness! It's all a bit exciting innit!!!

Maybe it's like a cult, and the Claw is magically going to take all of us Zootops off to space at the end of the tour??

[quote name='mick james wrote:

security_in_anonymity']
mick james wrote:

Did you really get stalked and hacked, or did you just get overly offended by opposing opinions and the fact that those of us in the colonies are known to swear like pirates?

No, I actually got stalked and hacked.  It went on for two years.  I even went to the authorities about it, but nobody would believe me initially.  Finally, two years later, I had proof--  A.  emails from someone claiming responsibility and saying "they hoped I learned my lesson" and B.  witnesses--military members-- to the cyber crimes, including the hijacking of my keyboard.  People left threatening notes at my house in DC, they lived in my computer, interfered with job applications.  I did not receive a single response to a single application from 2006-2008.   By the time it stopped, and I had proof, they had destroyed my ability to qualify for a security clearance, which ended that  career path.  They accused me of "facilitating the evil ends of the US government," and some one of them found me (or I guess cyber-stalked me) after I had wandered into virtual worlds, and came as a virtual suicide bomber to blow up my avatar--which sounds funny when narrated, but it absolutely not so when it comes on the tail-end (at that point) of 18 months of true crime, which has had a lasting and deleterious effect.   I made a film about that event, which got the attention of some cyber analysts, which helped, finally.   I had invested a lot into preparing to be an analyst.  That career was destroyed.  I have not forgotten.  I will not forget.  I have all of the information and leads and some IPs.  Eventually, I will be able to pay someone to track all of those scum bags down.  Those who were not directly responsible, are still culpable by virtue of creating a nasty, bullying and chaotically lie-infested environment here that provided cover for  one or more psychopaths.  The whole batch are low-lifes, as far as I am concerned. Eventually, they will be held accountable.

So let me get this straight.....

You're suggesting that for 2 years, there was a group of Zootopians who conspired with a bent Moderator, to hack into your personal life and prevent you from finding gainful employment?

That for 2 years, every time you applied for a job, the "criminal element" of the Zoo hacked into different company's networks to mess with your applications?

That Zootopians tracked you down to your personal address in DC to stalk you?

That Zootopians somehow how you registered as a threat to the US Government?

That Zootopians tracked you down in the virtual world and "suicide bombed" your avatar

(translation for norms - killed her video game character)

And that the military is involved and has seen your proof?

Now what really intrigues me, is if all this X-files meets Matrix stuff actually happended to you,

then why on Earth would you return here? 

What if the Zoo Mafia gets up to their old criminal tricks?

And considering you made such a song and dance the last time about "having your account deleted to eliminate your internet presence due to Cyber stalkers", then why would you choose a screen name that is an obvious nod to you being a member earlier, and why in the world would you use the same exact Avatar??

It's hardly "Secure" or "Anonymous" if you are instantly recognizable via your Avatar picture... and I must say I recognised you as soon as you returned.

Are you not just asking the Zoo Mafia to find you?

Don't know about the rest of you but I'm totally going to the kitchen to make a helmet out of cooking foil.

indifferent.gif

http://zooticiancomplaints1.blogspot.com/

????

Mick, it's so exciting I may have to borrow a Tena lady or two from Leonie lmao!
laugh.gifembarassed.giflaugh.gifembarassed.gif  PMSwink.gif

pffffttt......

Bloody hell Ness, it happens very rarely, but I do believe you just embarassed me.

Well done!laugh.gif

Mick, it's so exciting I may have to borrow a Tena lady or two from Leonie lmao!
laugh.gifembarassed.giflaugh.gifembarassed.gif  PMSwink.gif

pffffttt......

Bloody hell Ness, it happens very rarely, but I do believe you just embarassed me.

Well done!laugh.gif

security_in_anonymity']
mick james wrote:

Did you really get stalked and hacked, or did you just get overly offended by opposing opinions and the fact that those of us in the colonies are known to swear like pirates?

No, I actually got stalked and hacked.  It went on for two years.  I even went to the authorities about it, but nobody would believe me initially.  Finally, two years later, I had proof--  A.  emails from someone claiming responsibility and saying "they hoped I learned my lesson" and B.  witnesses--military members-- to the cyber crimes, including the hijacking of my keyboard.  People left threatening notes at my house in DC, they lived in my computer, interfered with job applications.  I did not receive a single response to a single application from 2006-2008.   By the time it stopped, and I had proof, they had destroyed my ability to qualify for a security clearance, which ended that  career path.  They accused me of "facilitating the evil ends of the US government," and some one of them found me (or I guess cyber-stalked me) after I had wandered into virtual worlds, and came as a virtual suicide bomber to blow up my avatar--which sounds funny when narrated, but it absolutely not so when it comes on the tail-end (at that point) of 18 months of true crime, which has had a lasting and deleterious effect.   I made a film about that event, which got the attention of some cyber analysts, which helped, finally.   I had invested a lot into preparing to be an analyst.  That career was destroyed.  I have not forgotten.  I will not forget.  I have all of the information and leads and some IPs.  Eventually, I will be able to pay someone to track all of those scum bags down.  Those who were not directly responsible, are still culpable by virtue of creating a nasty, bullying and chaotically lie-infested environment here that provided cover for  one or more psychopaths.  The whole batch are low-lifes, as far as I am concerned. Eventually, they will be held accountable.

You're suggesting that for 2 years, there was a group of Zootopians who conspired with a bent Moderator, to hack into your personal life and prevent you from finding gainful employment?

That for 2 years, every time you applied for a job, the "criminal element" of the Zoo hacked into different company's networks to mess with your applications?

That Zootopians tracked you down in the virtual world and "suicide bombed" your avatar

Now what really intrigues me, is if all this X-files meets Matrix stuff actually happended to you,

And considering you made such a song and dance the last time about "having your account deleted to eliminate your internet presence due to Cyber stalkers", then why would you choose a screen name that is an obvious nod to you being a member earlier, and why in the world would you use the same exact Avatar??

It's hardly "Secure" or "Anonymous" if you are instantly recognizable via your Avatar picture... and I must say I recognised you as soon as you returned.

Don't know about the rest of you but I'm totally going to the kitchen to make a helmet out of cooking foil.

indifferent.gif

I only know what I have told you, and I have only told about 1/6 of it, because it is too  much to narrate and too confusing.  But, there would be no reason for me to make this stuff up.  Or to still be thinking about it so long after the fact.  But crimes were committed.  And there has still not been justice.  And an important part of my life was damaged, and there is no way to regain what was taken away.  And, I have proof....written claims taking responsibility, and witnesses--very very very credible witnesses.  I don't care if you do not believe me.  But you have no reason not to other than just mean-spiritedness and, perhaps, complicity. 

security_in_anonymity']
mick james wrote:

indifferent.gif

I only know what I have told you, and I have only told about 1/6 of it, because it is too  much to narrate and too confusing.  But, there would be no reason for me to make this stuff up.  Or to still be thinking about it so long after the fact.  But crimes were committed.  And there has still not been justice.  And an important part of my life was damaged, and there is no way to regain what was taken away.  And, I have proof....written claims taking responsibility, and witnesses--very very very credible witnesses.  I don't care if you do not believe me.  But you have no reason not to other than just mean-spiritedness and, perhaps, complicity. 

security_in_anonymity']
mick james wrote:

indifferent.gif

People do terrible things, criminal things online all of the time. And cybersecurity is at the forefront of our threat assessments at the level of individuals, organizations and nations. I don't know why you have such a hard time believing this happened. Not that it matters what you think. And, my access to military members is because I worked (when this was happening) as a civilian analyst on defense issues, and also because I live with two military officers. Although I am not and have never been military myself. I don't know why you or anyone else would think I was making this up. But the failure of people to believe me allowed this to go on for a very long time. And by the time I had proof, it was already too late--one cannot get a security clearance with something like this and the financial fall-out it causes, in one's record. And security clearances require investigations into finances. You don't understand anything, and you are being hateful.

People do terrible things, criminal things online all of the time. And cybersecurity is at the forefront of our threat assessments at the level of individuals, organizations and nations. I don't know why you have such a hard time believing this happened. Not that it matters what you think. And, my access to military members is because I worked (when this was happening) as a civilian analyst on defense issues, and also because I live with two military officers. Although I am not and have never been military myself. I don't know why you or anyone else would think I was making this up. But the failure of people to believe me allowed this to go on for a very long time. And by the time I had proof, it was already too late--one cannot get a security clearance with something like this and the financial fall-out it causes, in one's record. And security clearances require investigations into finances. You don't understand anything, and you are being hateful.

I just saw Gibbo's post there and see the name "zootician".  That's the user people said I was.  Interestingly, I did a search on my old username some years ago and found a website called "poplemon" and found a huge thread dedicated to me:  apparently I was some technical computer guru who could hack people's U2.com accounts and could do all sorts of amazing computer tricks. The person who initiated the thread had "solid proof from a reliable source" that I was doing all this crazy stuff.  When asked by the users interacting with him where he was receiving this information he declined to say, except mention that a certain "mystery person" gave him enough data for him to believe such lies without reasonable doubt.  In fact, there was even a user commenting on that page masquerading as me.  When I found the thread, I saved the whole discussion to my computer in case of a legal battle, and requested the owners of the website to delete the slanderous material. I threatened that person (who initiated the discussion) with legal action and I've never seen him on this discussion forum since.  I guess he didn't expect me to find his slanderous thread. There is still some remnants of discussions on there about me - just do a search for "webeida"... you'll find that most of those discussions are very difficult to understand due to their limited language abilities... they do accuse me of being a U2.com mod at one time. 

For the record:  I was a mod.  I was the very first unpaid u2.com moderator.  I had my own folder entitled "The Webeida Folder".  I had a good relationship with the "sysops" when the site was run by some dutch crowd (before it was taken over by Tiscali) who made me a mod (on a trial basis).  The only folder I could "mod" was The Webeida Folder.  I could edit/delete people's posts, add/block members to/from the folder, and add additional folders within my folder.  That was about the limit of my user rights.  Then Tiscali took over the site and I was no longer a mod.  Shortly after, they started to charge to use the website and I left.

For the record, I am NOT a hacker.  I have never hacked anyone's account, either on this site or any other site.  I have limited computer skills, none of which involve hacking.

I'm not being hateful in the slightest, and clearly understand what it is you are saying, and the irony of your current user name.

And like you've pointed out, what I think, is irrelvant to your situation - that being said, I would remind you that you shared all this on an internationally used forum.  You should probably expect various opinions as a reply.

I was just intrigued to see you return to this site, as by reading your story, it would appear that the Zoo had a very bad effect on your personal life.

All I'm saying is that someone attempted to destroy my life, I probably wouldn't return to the scene of the crime 6 months later.

Anyway,

Peace to you, there was no malice intended by my posts.

I hope things work out for you.

Mick

I'm not being hateful in the slightest, and clearly understand what it is you are saying, and the irony of your current user name.

And like you've pointed out, what I think, is irrelvant to your situation - that being said, I would remind you that you shared all this on an internationally used forum.  You should probably expect various opinions as a reply.

I was just intrigued to see you return to this site, as by reading your story, it would appear that the Zoo had a very bad effect on your personal life.

All I'm saying is that someone attempted to destroy my life, I probably wouldn't return to the scene of the crime 6 months later.

Anyway,

Peace to you, there was no malice intended by my posts.

I hope things work out for you.

Mick

[quote name='mummy wrote:

security_in_anonymity']People do terrible things, criminal things online all of the time. And cybersecurity is at the forefront of our threat assessments at the level of individuals, organizations and nations. I don't know why you have such a hard time believing this happened. Not that it matters what you think. And, my access to military members is because I worked (when this was happening) as a civilian analyst on defense issues, and also because I live with two military officers. Although I am not and have never been military myself. I don't know why you or anyone else would think I was making this up. But the failure of people to believe me allowed this to go on for a very long time. And by the time I had proof, it was already too late--one cannot get a security clearance with something like this and the financial fall-out it causes, in one's record. And security clearances require investigations into finances. You don't understand anything, and you are being hateful.

I just saw Gibbo's post there and see the name "zootician".  That's the user people said I was.  Interestingly, I did a search on my old username some years ago and found a website called "poplemon" and found a huge thread dedicated to me:  apparently I was some technical computer guru who could hack people's U2.com accounts and could do all sorts of amazing computer tricks. The person who initiated the thread had "solid proof from a reliable source" that I was doing all this crazy stuff.  When asked by the users interacting with him where he was receiving this information he declined to say, except mention that a certain "mystery person" gave him enough data for him to believe such lies without reasonable doubt.  In fact, there was even a user commenting on that page masquerading as me.  When I found the thread, I saved the whole discussion to my computer in case of a legal battle, and requested the owners of the website to delete the slanderous material. I threatened that person (who initiated the discussion) with legal action and I've never seen him on this discussion forum since.  I guess he didn't expect me to find his slanderous thread. There is still some remnants of discussions on there about me - just do a search for "webeida"... you'll find that most of those discussions are very difficult to understand due to their limited language abilities... they do accuse me of being a U2.com mod at one time. 

For the record:  I was a mod.  I was the very first unpaid u2.com moderator.  I had my own folder entitled "The Webeida Folder".  I had a good relationship with the "sysops" when the site was run by some dutch crowd (before it was taken over by Tiscali) who made me a mod (on a trial basis).  The only folder I could "mod" was The Webeida Folder.  I could edit/delete people's posts, add/block members to/from the folder, and add additional folders within my folder.  That was about the limit of my user rights.  Then Tiscali took over the site and I was no longer a mod.  Shortly after, they started to charge to use the website and I left.

For the record, I am NOT a hacker.  I have never hacked anyone's account, either on this site or any other site.  I have limited computer skills, none of which involve hacking. I just had a look at Poplemon - it's members seem to be made up of many a disgruntled ex-Zootopian.

Webby, you've come and gone in different guises over the years, but your posts have always been amusing!

Even that cranky old Banned Completely - he shat me to tears, but he was always worth the read wink.gif

[quote name='mummy wrote:

security_in_anonymity']People do terrible things, criminal things online all of the time. And cybersecurity is at the forefront of our threat assessments at the level of individuals, organizations and nations. I don't know why you have such a hard time believing this happened. Not that it matters what you think. And, my access to military members is because I worked (when this was happening) as a civilian analyst on defense issues, and also because I live with two military officers. Although I am not and have never been military myself. I don't know why you or anyone else would think I was making this up. But the failure of people to believe me allowed this to go on for a very long time. And by the time I had proof, it was already too late--one cannot get a security clearance with something like this and the financial fall-out it causes, in one's record. And security clearances require investigations into finances. You don't understand anything, and you are being hateful.

For the record, I am NOT a hacker.  I have never hacked anyone's account, either on this site or any other site.  I have limited computer skills, none of which involve hacking. I just had a look at Poplemon - it's members seem to be made up of many a disgruntled ex-Zootopian.

Webby, you've come and gone in different guises over the years, but your posts have always been amusing!

Even that cranky old Banned Completely - he shat me to tears, but he was always worth the read wink.gif

Just out of interest, I just found a page from 2005 from another U2 site.

It's posts are about the changes to the Zoo in 2005 when it became a subscription site.

Here's some choice quotes just to show that things never change!

"...I miss the blue zoo! The good old days!"

" i still miss The Zoo, too. it was the most unique, the most diverse, the most universal, the most free and quite simply the best forum experience i've had. sometimes, i'll read something or hear a song or see something and have flashbacks to old Zoo time and people. it makes me smile :)

but, Zootopia is just a good, warm, soft, fuzzy memory. nothing more.... it ain't ever coming back. *sigh*"

"The old Zoo was great"

I think things like this have a small window of being fresh and exciting, and like anything in life, it's easy to become jaded after a while.

Heck who doesn't look back at their 20s and think "ahhh, the good old days"?

This site is most certainly not without it's faults, and hey, I've been pretty vocal in here about that.

But IMO I think it's become popular opinion amongst many that the Zoo is "shit, dead, boring" etc etc.

Now I'll happily agree that this place is about one tenth as exciting as it used to be when there was hundreds of active posters.

But as someone who has hung in there, I've met many a great "noob" (I say that lightly as yesterdays noobs are now this sites most fun and active posters) and still have a good time in here.

I think this place is quite like a nightclub.

When you turn 18 and go for the first time it's hugely exciting.

When you're 19 you know everyone in the club, and even the bouncers give you a hello on the way in.

By the time you're 22, you've seen it all before, heard the same song 400 times and are surrounded by bloody 18 year olds.

And as you stand there and say to your mate ,

" This place has gone to the pack. It's dead and boring - not nearly as good as it used to be",

there's a foxy 18 year old couple on the dancefloor for the first time, wide eyed and saying to each other

"this place is awesome!!!"

Just out of interest, I just found a page from 2005 from another U2 site.

It's posts are about the changes to the Zoo in 2005 when it became a subscription site.

Here's some choice quotes just to show that things never change!

"...I miss the blue zoo! The good old days!"

" i still miss The Zoo, too. it was the most unique, the most diverse, the most universal, the most free and quite simply the best forum experience i've had. sometimes, i'll read something or hear a song or see something and have flashbacks to old Zoo time and people. it makes me smile :)

but, Zootopia is just a good, warm, soft, fuzzy memory. nothing more.... it ain't ever coming back. *sigh*"

"The old Zoo was great"

I think things like this have a small window of being fresh and exciting, and like anything in life, it's easy to become jaded after a while.

Heck who doesn't look back at their 20s and think "ahhh, the good old days"?

This site is most certainly not without it's faults, and hey, I've been pretty vocal in here about that.

But IMO I think it's become popular opinion amongst many that the Zoo is "shit, dead, boring" etc etc.

Now I'll happily agree that this place is about one tenth as exciting as it used to be when there was hundreds of active posters.

But as someone who has hung in there, I've met many a great "noob" (I say that lightly as yesterdays noobs are now this sites most fun and active posters) and still have a good time in here.

I think this place is quite like a nightclub.

When you turn 18 and go for the first time it's hugely exciting.

When you're 19 you know everyone in the club, and even the bouncers give you a hello on the way in.

By the time you're 22, you've seen it all before, heard the same song 400 times and are surrounded by bloody 18 year olds.

And as you stand there and say to your mate ,

" This place has gone to the pack. It's dead and boring - not nearly as good as it used to be",

there's a foxy 18 year old couple on the dancefloor for the first time, wide eyed and saying to each other

"this place is awesome!!!"

thanx for sharing that, mummy. tho i would never believe anyone who said you were 'bad'. and like mick i love your posts (remember the fun we had when zhiv and me were fighting eachother in court?? sigh, those times were the best.... they'll never return....good ol'days...)

and mick that nite-club-metaphor was the best anyone could have come up with, congrats happy.gif

I am sorry if I have misunderstood your post, Mummy, but were you or were you not the Zootician character?

I remember all of the stuff that went on regarding him....there was a very ugly site, filled with even uglier people from here, who were waging a blood-letting filth fest against him and a number of other people as well.  It was revolting.  THis place was filled with scum.

I also empathize with your claims that people were masquerading as you online.  This also happened to me.  Repeatedly.  I would leave this site for months and months and months--nearly a year at one point--and when I came back, there was still all of this craziness going on alleging I was on the site under assumed names, that I was making all sorts of threats and claims, other people were complaining that they were being accused of being me...nobody would do anything to help or stop it.  Something must have shifted though, because the place seems reasonable now.

As far as people coming to my home in DC....the web makes the world very small through geographical networks.  And there are surely many U2 "fans" in DC.  Although, most people in DC are quite educated--it is a city of mostly elites.  For all I know, these were not U2 fans at all, but much more nefarious players, who took advantage of the chaos they created here to use as cover.  I don't know.  But I recall one of the goons here snarling at me about my needing to accept that Obama WILL be the next president--as if I had some sort of issue with that. And I was accused of being a "Cheney lackey," which could not have been further from the truth.  I was neutral analyst, paid to produce objective and politically-neutral products.   I wasn't even thinking about the presidential campaigns.

This situation was so bad, that when I--quite unexpectedly--ended up invited to the USS Missouri for the after party for the Vertigo tour in Hawaii, I was afraid to even go near anyone...I barely said hello to Bono and only to be polite.  I then left the ship to sit on the dock and wait for the bus to take me back to the hotel.  At that point, I was not at all certain that there was not, indeed, someone planning to do something terrible on that boat and then try and frame me for it.  With everything that had happened online previously, I had to consider that it was possibly just a set-up to discredit me and make me look like a nut.   I know that sounds ridiculous, but the situation had become so bad, that I had to assume anything was potentially possible.  

Even after leaving the ship and sitting  on a bench by myself, some security bully came and threw me out of the marina, accusing me of having crashed the party with a wrist band I found on the ground.  He walked me into a dark parking lot and closed the gate in my face.  The three Irish men who had invited me had, conveniently, just left to fly to Vegas.  It was ridiculous!  I had to turn my passport over to these U2 associates who invited me before I was even issued a pass to board the bus, attend the show backstage or the party.....I kept my distance from everyone, even Bill Gates, whom I was told I was supposed to sit next to during the concert. I had no idea what was going on beyond that there was something foul....foul, and unfair, and imminently stupid...at work. 

I believe this was all by design, although I cannot fully understand it...The first time someone here accused me of doing something crazy and dishonest, I reasoned with them:  "why would I do something like that?  Not only do I gain nothing, but I would jeopardize my professional reputation with such behavior."  The creep responded, "oh...you have a professional reputation do you?  Well, we'll see about that...." And then the two years of crime began.  And nobody would help me.  This happened.  I am not making it up.

Crimes were committed.  And I want justice.  I have lost nearly 300K to 1/2 million in potential earnings over the last five years and cannot benefit at all from the 7 years of professional investment I made into my career path.  I cannot get a job at all, because everyone thinks my broken finances are the result of my poor management of personal funds. And now the economy makes the situation even worse. My life has not moved in five years. I used to write analysis that went to the top levels of government and industry.    I should be an executive by now.  These were clever criminals....but they are criminals nonetheless.  And, one day, I will have each and every one of them tracked down.  And  I hope all those whom I went to for help...who were in a position to help, but who would not believe me...will experience some sort of karmic retribution.