Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

barbara1

my (little) home town.

Nice pics everyone!!! Jen, your map showing Glendale also shows Redondo Beach/Torrance where I came from before we moved south - mom still lives there :)

1961447-LA_Skyline-Los_Angeles.jpg

DSCN0674.JPG

griffith_observatory.jpg

I am from Los Angeles. The top picture shows Downtown LA. The middle picture shows the library I work in. The bottom picture is the Griffith Observatory, which I can see from the library I work in.

Awesome. I love LA.

I may be from Los Angeles, but I've lived in Glendale, CA for many years. It's just outside of Los Angeles.

glendale.JPG

glendale.jpg

This picture shows the downtown area. Glendale is a city with a population of roughly 240,000 people. It's just your average city. It's also home to this place:

ForestLawnCemetery.JPG

Forest Lawn is the cemetary in Glendale that Michael Jackson, Walt Disney, and others are buried in. I live roughly a mile from here. I actually pass by this cemetery every day on my to and from work.

Temecula_CA.gif

No stopping you posting now lol!!!!

Are you close to the mexican border where you are - or am i completely off track?

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

Janette B']
Temecula_CA.gif

No stopping you posting now lol!!!!

Are you close to the mexican border where you are - or am i completely off track?

Very close - about 1 1/2 hrs to the border

imagesCAW1J165.jpg

This is Front Street - we were a stop on the Butterfield Stage Line and some buildings on Front St. are left from that period

Janette - your town looks gorgeous -

imagesCAI5UQO6.jpg

We are known for olive oil  . . .  this is Temecula Olive Oil Company

imagesCAP6WCU0.jpg

and we are known for wine (Zhivvy . . . cough, cough)

imagesCAUOHEB6.jpg

and during Christmas time . . . . . in summer, it's pretty brown as we get very HOT here

imagesCAP6WCU0.jpg

and we are known for wine (Zhivvy . . . cough, cough)

Mmmm I guess I could pitch a tent in the middle of that lol!

and looks so pretty in the town. All the wooden buildings - looks so old

imagesCARSC1XO.jpg

This is Torrey Pines state beach where we spend many summer days - seals and dolphins tend to be off the coast here a lot

164165_l.jpg

Here's Redondo Beach, LA where I grew up and where mom lives

Ok - stop Janette - I am getting so jealous now I am turning a lovely shade of green lol!

35131939_IMG_0125.jpg

This is Thornton Winery - we live behind it to the right

Okay, I'm done . . . hope you liked my little tour, lol. Sorry that I don't know how to re-size photos or put more than one on a page, but not bad for my first pic posting, huh? Thanks Zhivvy for the directions!!!

LOL - just saw your comments, but you wouldn't want to pitch a tent as you would be visited by coyotes during the night!

LOL - just saw your comments, but you wouldn't want to pitch a tent as you would be visited by coyotes during the night!

Ok that could be dangerous I guess!!! May leave my tent behind!

We have a spare room, much safer and I would finally have someone to visit the wineries with!

We have a spare room, much safer and I would finally have someone to visit the wineries with!

It's a deal janette - looking forwards to it!happy.gif

I tell you, just take a look at the history of my town, Perth Amboy, and you will see just how close to the water I am. It looks like when you are in a boat arriving at the shores of a little island. I was amazed at its beauty from a historical picture from the historical society placed in a building I visited, which displayed the art work. I tell you, look my town up, and you will see, just how beautfil this town was, and still is, and how it has preserved its historical buildings, one which I worked on, the Kearney Building, during a summer job, the Armory Restaurant next to the water; I worked there too, I love to look back thru the images on the wall,  the marine boats, civil war buildings. I tell you, if you google me, you can see my town and even my home from above. I tell you, this town has all languages, we have the Italians, the polacks, the Irish, the south Americans, the central Americans, the Americans, Portuguese, Bracilians, I tell you, the perfect melting pot. And the best thing is, everybody gets along with everybody, we enjoy bands coming to the waterfront every summer, we enjoy and celebrate at every chance the city has. There is nothing like a tight community that celebrates life, respect of everyones beliefs, needs, the cops are professionals, they truly know their community. Thats how we enjoy peace overhere now.  Life is a celebration of Love, existence, the praising of a higher power, God, and enjoying the best band ever created, a band known by the four corners of the earth, U2. Wow, is good to be alive, there is God, and Bono and U2 are proof.

Realmawake