Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

barbara1

my (little) home town.

i told you this before, nikki, and really mean it: for me you live in the most beautiful area of the us! 

i told you this before, nikki, and really mean it: for me you live in the most beautiful area of the us! 
thanks Barbara!  You should come visit someday....  wink.gif

Love the pictures Nikki....One day maybe I shall see it with my own eyes....Lovely.

201009-ss-afc-minneapolis.jpg

1EAFCFBA-214D-4968-82A912F40D88279F.jpg?t=1296076864

These are pics of my lovely hometown of Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota. The top photo is of the "Spoonbridge and Cherry" sculpture in the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden, which has become one of our most famous landmarks. The bottom pic is of one of our wonderful urban lakes in the fall (I'm guessing Lake Calhoun, though I'm not sure). I'll try to post some more later. 

I've never been, but my husband has always told me that St Paul, Minneapolis is a really great spot.... the pictures definitely support his theory!!  Looks like a fun place to be smile.gif

It is, Nikki. A lot going on here. The only downside can be the weather... especially this year's winter!

It is, Nikki. A lot going on here. The only downside can be the weather... especially this year's winter!

is it especially bad this year??  I think another storm is on the way....  it sounds so cold....

Well, there's not any storms on the immediate horizon, but it was just weird this year. It was very warm (try 20 degrees above normal!) into the beginning of November. Then in the course of 4 days, the temps dropped into the 30's, it snowed 8 inches, and it's been nothing but cold and snow ever since. We've had at least a little bit of snow practically every day since then. We've also gotten at least four big storms this winter, including an ice storm... VERY unusual for around here. It's also been running colder than average this winter, and if you know anything about Minnesota weather, you know that the winters are always cold, so colder than average is really bad!

My dad and stepmom and I have had SO much shoveling to do this year! This winter has been enough to convince me that I NEVER want to own my own house! A condo or townhome would be OK, but only if the owners' association hires someone else to do the snow removal.

Love the pictures Nikki....One day maybe I shall see it with my own eyes....Lovely.

we could travel together, suehappy.gif

and great city, linnea, thanx for posting!

Nice pics Linneas - looks a nice city

Your pics are beautiful, Linnea! I've always wanted to visit your city, but maybe not during winter, lol!

worthing_seafront.jpg

LOOK WHAT I FOUND..wink.gifwink.gifbrighton_pavilion_section.jpegVWOR-high-salvington-windmill-550x256-hjm.jpgworthing-birdman-006.jpg

CAN YOU BEAT THIS....and this as last one  wink.gif

labourparty_bono_04.jpg

Bono in Brighton....