Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

barbara1

my (little) home town.

I totally agree Cheryl...I was so shown up by them ....the lnguage from that singers mouth made the air turn blue!!!!!!!!no need for that ..did he think he was Jonny Rotten?.....roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

I totally agree Cheryl...I was so shown up by them ....the lnguage from that singers mouth made the air turn blue!!!!!!!!no need for that ..did he think he was Jonny Rotten?.....roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

It was the fact that they looked like they couldn't be arsed to be there! Didn't here much of the language - we went outside for a beer and a fag lol!

Hmmmmmmmm well, i've posted lots of pics of the lakes and rivers and landscape around La Ronge, Saskatchewan, Canada on here before which is gorgeous, but there's no way I'm posting any photos of the town site. It's ugly as sin and has no lovely history such as all of you have shown. Unless you want to see the group of alcoholics who hang outside the Bargain Store, bank and hotel on La Ronge Avenue? :(

I will post pics tomorrow ...too tired ...musicians from Gasgow include...Simple Minds....Franz Ferdinand..Gerry Rafferty...Jimmy Sommerville.....Fratellis...Lulu..lol!....Mark Knopffer....Travis.....Angus Young..Alex Harvey..Texas ..to name but a few...ol!...oops!..and who could forget(id love to forget(..Glasvegas...roll.gifroll.gifReally hope Max doesnt read this or I'll be banned!tongue.gifwink.gif

omg!! i love lots of these musicians, mary. simple minds (who doesnt like them, right?) and texas ; i love sharleen spiteri happy.gif and jimmy sommerville;  bronski beat and communards always make me wanna sing and dance!! mark knopffer, thats a surprise, never knew him being from glasgow?? him and dire straits: thats sacred history. 

all this from your hometown. respect!

and your bolton looks very pretty, cheryl, no wonder you're so proud to be a boltonlassie. but i liked stafford soo much too.

Hmmmmmmmm well, i've posted lots of pics of the lakes and rivers and landscape around La Ronge, Saskatchewan, Canada on here before which is gorgeous, but there's no way I'm posting any photos of the town site. It's ugly as sin and has no lovely history such as all of you have shown. Unless you want to see the group of alcoholics who hang outside the Bargain Store, bank and hotel on La Ronge Avenue? :(
thats sad scoot. how can people live in such a beautiful environment and take such bad care of their town or themselve? but hope you got plenty of time to explore the lakes and woods with the dogshappy.gif

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

badgirl56']I will post pics tomorrow ...too tired ...musicians from Gasgow include...Simple Minds....Franz Ferdinand..Gerry Rafferty...Jimmy Sommerville.....Fratellis...Lulu..lol!....Mark Knopffer....Travis.....Angus Young..Alex Harvey..Texas ..to name but a few...ol!...oops!..and who could forget(id love to forget(..Glasvegas...
roll.gifroll.gif
Really hope Max doesnt read this or I'll be banned!
tongue.gifwink.gif

omg!! i love lots of these musicians, mary. simple minds (who doesnt like them, right?) and texas ; i love sharleen spiteri happy.gif and jimmy sommerville;  bronski beat and communards always make me wanna sing and dance!! mark knopffer, thats a surprise, never knew him being from glasgow?? him and dire straits: thats sacred history. 

all this from your hometown. respect!

and your bolton looks very pretty, cheryl, no wonder you're so proud to be a boltonlassie. but i liked stafford soo much too.

When you come next maybe we can take you to Bolton - and after meeting more people from there you will realise that I am normal!!!laugh.gif

[quote name='nikki1120 wrote:

kerttuli']ok my pics look little odd... have to try to learn to resize them....

I think your pics are BEAUTIFUL!  and just the right size....  (don't change a thing!)

Seriously, the hole in the ice is for swimming???  OMGosh!  Brrrrrrrrr

Thanks Nikki! Yes some people here loves swimming also in the winter... its called "ice-hole swimming". Never tried myself!! It's good for blood pessure and circulation of blood. But i've heard the water actually feels warm - if the temperature is bout -20 celcius, the water is a lot warmer!

south-wales-gower-peninsula-wal153.jpg

gower_wormshead191008.jpg

helvetia.jpg?w=400&h=300

nearby gower full of ghosts, smugglers and shipwrecks!

modern swansea

and my favourite place Margam castle in Port Talbot, creepy, haunted and i don't believe in ghosts, well after i'd stayed there maybe a little bit (and its not often you get to lock up a castle) and Dr Who's been filmed there (alot of Dr who is filmed in swansea.

MargamCastle.jpg

sail_bridge_LARGE.jpg

Gorgeous Dizzy! Love the castle!

[quote name='dizzybint wrote:

Zhivvy']Gorgeous Dizzy! Love the castle!

thanks zhiv! proper creepy.

Who me or the castle?tongue.gif  Will have to go and have a look at it the next time that we are down there!

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

dizzybint wrote:

Who me or the castle?tongue.gif  Will have to go and have a look at it the next time that we are down there!

i will show you next time you're down here.

Zhivvy wrote:

dizzybint wrote:

Who me or the castle?
tongue.gif
  Will have to go and have a look at it the next time that we are down there!

i will show you next time you're down here.

That'll be great. Hoping to be down there pretty soon. John is having Llanelli withdrawals lol! And stil hasn't seen a match at the new stadium so he wants to do that! And we can go and see spooky castles!

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

dizzybint wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

dizzybint wrote:

Who me or the castle?Parc-y-Scarlets-Llanelli-2009_2087752.jpg

llanelli-town-centre-241070.jpg

whats that last picture from, dizzy?

llanelli next town near swansea. its john and edges home town.

whats that last picture from, dizzy?

barbara1']whats that last picture from, dizzy?

He's just gone to bed but will show him in the morning he'll be pleased to see that his town has made it on here!!!!

New stadium is looking good, but not good to be by a shopping centre lol!

1961447-LA_Skyline-Los_Angeles.jpg

DSCN0674.JPG

griffith_observatory.jpg

I am from Los Angeles. The top picture shows Downtown LA. The middle picture shows the library I work in. The bottom picture is the Griffith Observatory, which I can see from the library I work in.

I may be from Los Angeles, but I've lived in Glendale, CA for many years. It's just outside of Los Angeles.

glendale.JPG

glendale.jpg

This picture shows the downtown area. Glendale is a city with a population of roughly 240,000 people. It's just your average city. It's also home to this place:

ForestLawnCemetery.JPG

Forest Lawn is the cemetary in Glendale that Michael Jackson, Walt Disney, and others are buried in. I live roughly a mile from here. I actually pass by this cemetery every day on my to and from work.