Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

barbara1

my (little) home town.

wow janette!!clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

great job with posting pics!! and beautiful pics too, very jealouse here! i will join zhiv for the wine-tour!
btw to post multiple pics, you just click the picture-symbol on top of the box a second, third,.... time. and you can insert text where you want.

I should have been able to figure that out about multiple pics, lol (blushes) . . . . .

btw, the whole town isn't covered in vines or western architecture, so no need for jealousy - most of it is quite ordinary. Now that I'm an expert, I'll take some pics of the ordinary bits too . . . but I am very lucky to live in a town that has those special parts :)))

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

Janette B']LOL - just saw your comments, but you wouldn't want to pitch a tent as you would be visited by coyotes during the night!

Ok that could be dangerous I guess!!! May leave my tent behi

it'd be a doddle after the german wolf zombies.

i took this today! we have snow!! i dont know what they are doing to thew castle think its too late to rebuild it! unless they re expecting more saxons or vikings or summit!

148198_472252896058_562586058_6295764_3346469_n.jpg67121_472252941058_562586058_6295765_7534644_n.jpg 156967_472252991058_562586058_6295767_3162203_n.jpg

I come from a city in New South Wales called Orange. Orange is about 4 hours from Sydney, and we grow all sorts of fruits here, but we're well known for our wines. There's about 38,000 people in the city. I work in a small town called Molong, which is about 1/2 hour from Orange, and there's about 2100 people there.

Obviously you can see where Orange is in relation to Sydney on this map, but I've put an Orange dot that represents Molong.

campus_city_map.jpg

This is Lake Canobolas, which is about 15 minutes out of town:

56945423.LakeCanobolasORANGENSW.jpg

Orange in Autumn:

350px-Autumn_trees_in_Byng_St%2C_Orange_NSW.jpg

Mount Canobolas:

orange_202795l.jpg

Looking over the city:

orange_204808l.jpg

The main street of Orange:

Orange%20NSW.jpg

And as for Molong... well there's not a lot there, except for an awesome gelati place!

270px-Bank_Street_Molong.jpg  3523765994_25b3711109.jpg

I come from a city in New South Wales called Orange. Orange is about 4 hours from Sydney, and we grow all sorts of fruits here, but we're well known for our wines. There's about 38,000 people in the city. I work in a small town called Molong, which is about 1/2 hour from Orange, and there's about 2100 people there.

Obviously you can see where Orange is in relation to Sydney on this map, but I've put an Orange dot that represents Molong.

56945423.LakeCanobolasORANGENSW.jpg

Orange in Autumn:

350px-Autumn_trees_in_Byng_St%2C_Orange_NSW.jpg

Mount Canobolas:

orange_202795l.jpg

Looking over the city:

orange_204808l.jpg

The main street of Orange:

Orange%20NSW.jpg

And as for Molong... well there's not a lot there, except for an awesome gelati place!

270px-Bank_Street_Molong.jpg  3523765994_25b3711109.jpg

bit different from my south wales!! its on my list. i want to travel around australia. i dream of going from darwin down to alice springs, across to cairns and then follow the coast down to tazmania so i can see my relatives. i'll just dream out loud!

south-east-england.jpg

this is a map of part of southen england, you can see worthing and brighton.

this is my second atemp at trying some of were i live.

the-royal-pavilion-brighton.jpg

brighton place to see

brighton-cookies-on-beach.jpg

i would rarther not talk about this one. ! ;)

Arundel_Castle.jpg

place near worthing called arundle castle.

4157812946_19dde40fa5.jpg

worthing town centre in the night

best time\!

labourparty_bono_04.jpg

this is bono in brighton september o4 - the labur party confrence.

hope this is a little better - worthing is still a shit hole tho

:)roll.giftongue.giftired.gifwink.giflaugh.gifgrin.gifhappy.gifembarassed.gifeek.gifeyes.gifeek.gifdevil.gifroll.gif

south-east-england.jpg

brighton place to see

Arundel_Castle.jpg

best time\!

labourparty_bono_04.jpg

:)roll.giftongue.giftired.gifwink.giflaugh.gifgrin.gifhappy.gifembarassed.gifeek.gifeyes.gifeek.gifdevil.gifroll.gif

south-east-england.jpg

brighton place to see

Arundel_Castle.jpg

best time\!

labourparty_bono_04.jpg

south-east-england.jpg

brighton place to see

Arundel_Castle.jpg

best time\!

labourparty_bono_04.jpg

great pics, dizzy, south wales int eh snow looks wonderful...

and new south wales looks amazing too, nico!
and sue wanted to make sure this time we got the picture righttongue.gif

What are you saying Barbara???????????? OK  it was not that fantastic infact it was a mess,almost as bad as my first go....but as far as it coming up four of five times, I lost count and could not stop laughing.laugh.gif That was my daughters handy work, as she was helping me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO I try again I'm not sure at the moment. Just enjoy looking at other peoples " LITTLE TOWNS " !grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Suee, your pictures are lovely at least you can get them on here!!!!! I had my ready to go but site won't let me.
Thanks maggie, but showing them 4 or five times is a little much. I don't think I should go back and see how many times I posted I shall only start laughing again and be embarrass my go at it!!!!!grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Thanks everyone for posting those beautiful pics!!
It's so nice to see the cities / places where you live.

And Suee, i don't complain for seeing your beautiful pics four timessmile.gif

And Maggie sorry to hear you couldn't send your pics, do you have the pics in photobucket or how are you trying to post them....?

Yes Kerttuli, have photos in photobucket, the problem is on the message board, the tool bar that contains all the icons etc is missing. I thought for a long time that it was me. Zhivvy and achtung75 explained how to do it. It was then I realised the whole toolbar had gone. I can post photos on the blogs because it pops up there. I can't even access my home page unless I go a long way round. It all disappeared a while ago.

[quote name='suee wrote:

maggie18patchwork']

Suee, your pictures are lovely at least you can get them on here!!!!! I had my ready to go but site won't let me.

Thanks maggie, but showing them 4 or five times is a little much. I don't think I should go back and see how many times I posted I shall only start laughing again and be embarrass my go at it!!!!!grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Oh suee at least it made you laugh its good to laugh!!!

Yes Kerttuli, have photos in photobucket, the problem is on the message board, the tool bar that contains all the icons etc is missing. I thought for a long time that it was me. Zhivvy and achtung75 explained how to do it. It was then I realised the whole toolbar had gone. I can post photos on the blogs because it pops up there. I can't even access my home page unless I go a long way round. It all disappeared a while ago.

oops, not good. did you ask BW or other mods for advise? not getting the toolbar, that has to be fixed! i would go crazy without it..

and sue, please don be embarassed!! everything that makes us laugh is good! we need the laugh, and its not like we're mocking you, its just funny and pictures still look great, so we don mind watching them multiple timeswink.gif

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

maggie18patchwork']Yes Kerttuli, have photos in photobucket, the problem is on the message board, the tool bar that contains all the icons etc is missing. I thought for a long time that it was me. Zhivvy and achtung75 explained how to do it. It was then I realised the whole toolbar had gone. I can post photos on the blogs because it pops up there. I can't even access my home page unless I go a long way round. It all disappeared a while ago.

oops, not good. did you ask BW or other mods for advise? not getting the toolbar, that has to be fixed! i would go crazy without it..Have you tried using firefox instead of IE maggie? It worked for me

and sue, please don be embarassed!! everything that makes us laugh is good! we need the laugh, and its not like we're mocking you, its just funny and pictures still look great, so we don mind watching them multiple timeseyes.gifeyes.gifeyes.gifeyes.gifeyes.gifeyes.gifeyes.gif

[quote name=suee wrote:

barbara1]and sue, please don be embarassed!! everything that makes us laugh is good! we need the laugh, and its not like we're mocking you, its just funny and pictures still look great, so we don mind watching them multiple timeseyes.gifeyes.gifeyes.gifeyes.gifeyes.gifeyes.gifeyes.gif

but i mean that! really!! please believe meohwell.gif

loved your contribution, sue.

I missed most of this thread while we were on our trip....  all the pictures are SO beautiful, and it is great to see where everyone is from...  smile.gif First i wanted to bring this thread back to page one, now I'm going to get busy and post some pics from my little corner of the world....  

GPbridge.jpg

The main bridge over the Rogue River at night...

GPbridge2.jpg

Same bridge, different view....

GP4.jpg

The Rogue River again aerial view thro town.....

raineyfalls008.jpg

The Rogue in the Wild and Scenic portion that is popular for rafting trips.....

112310phonepics004.jpg

The view of town from one of the hillsides......

Wow Nikki - your town looks amazing