Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Voxare

On stage with Bono

Emily, I filmed the whole thing, the view is from the front of the ring. I will get around to getting a copy on here for upload.

It looked amazing!! You are one lucky girl!! The slow dancing on the bridge.

Don't have words to say how cool it was.

I didn't introduce myself but I was in the GA lines both days too. I regret it now, I could have shown you the video then.

Very very cool.

What an amazing story! It's almost as though it was your own private concert, just you and Bono, loleek.gif

Emily, I'm shy, I went to two concerts alone, and I have met some wonderful people in line. I'm glad you did too ! I am very happy for your experience and I hope you have many more with U2. I don't think my stage fright would ever allow me to go onstage, and I don't think everyone at the concert would want to hear me sing. If you are next to me at any concerts this summer, I will point to you if he asks me to come up onstage. I watched the video, and I think you did a wonderful job. I am VERY happy for you !

OMG it was you wooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo i cannot believe it was you until i saw your user name lmao - we met in Melbourne and i kept thinking in Perth i know that face but by that time was sooo tired after all the shows i just kinda sat on my arse in the line and didnt do much at all - bad me for not saying hello to you in the line I remember you saying in Melbourne that you wanted so much to go to Perth, wow bet you are so over the moon you did it - soooooooooo happy for you, the look on your face when you first sat down was priceless

amazing

Dear Emily:

How happy I am to have read of your experience with U2 and Particularly, the Princely treatment you received from "Bono". You see, he is the man Dreams are made of. I should say, that I find your story so very intensly intimate, that I shall save it to read it again when I find myself needing his energies. You see Emily, your story is very touching, and I THANK BONO for his attention to the details, your name is a very close one to me, but I find that "Bono" made your dreams come true. He is an amazing Prince. I too would like to do what you have done, take the plane and all, sometimes life is too harsh, one needs money to do things. But, I would do it if "Bono" would give me my time to meet him and perhaps the others. I can't just go nuts interfering without authorization, I worry that my abilities, someone has atleast tried to infered with my telepathy ability to connect with him, on top of that, the previous site, all his images were have disappeared, I only have a folder with his DNA sequence, the Tree of Life and his image which somehow merged together and I copied it. In my case, in NJ might be the best place to meet him. I don't think I have that confidence, I am shy too and I am too sensitive to Bono, sort of like a scared child in front of her Prince, a bloodline Prince she loves, sort of a family calling. You see, I prefer a private setting so I don't get too nervous or scared. I am supposed to be strong, not let him make me weak. I want you to know, that I will save this post, because it is very "valuable" to me. I thank BONO  and Larry, Adam, Edge for making your wish come true. Prince you are forever Number ONE. A genious. THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR LOVE WITH HER AND ME AND US ALL. I love Emily, that name is "spiritually valuable to me (Emily Rose) 

Realmawake

Daisy Realm loves Bono, her Prince. To all my zootopian friends, Bono is nothing short than a Genius amongst us. I tell you, there is so much fun things, I don't know how he causes this feelings in me. I am a little girl that belongs to Bono. Thats how I describe myself to Bono. The Essence of a child who loves her Prince, who is also her child.

Realmawake.

Noooooooooo!3962090723_0b8ca33185_o.jpg

Am gonna come back an re-read your story again later, it has really cheered me up x

Thankyou so much. I will try to post some pics and vid over the next few days as some of the awesome people who were around me in the crowd send it to me.

Emiy this story is so tearjerking!..with happiness of course!!!!!!!thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifI got shivers reading it through blurry eyes!!!!!!!..Every girls dream you did!!!!!!This is by far the best story I have read!......*CHEERS TO THE LUCKIEST LASSIE ON THIS LEG OF THE TOUR!!!!!!!!*......Thank you so much for sharing this!..and glad you put it here in the free side cos that means EVERYONE can read it!!!!!!!thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif..now I will give other freinds this link!......thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif
Thankyou Mary - so happy to share my story. Everyone has been so amazing to me :)

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Vox, I am crying!!!  That is such a beautiful story and I am so glad it happened to you!  To someone I have been able to call a friend on the Zoo for the past several years.  Glad it was one of "our girls" from down in the Larry folder.

(of course, part of me is like, "dang her.  She blows up Clone Island and this is what she gets!" tongue02.gif)

Can't wait to see more videos and pictures!

Lmao - I know - I'm such a naughty Daisy - I don't know what I did to deserve an experience like that! I promise I will be good from now on though!

I will definately share pics and vid when I get them :)

Welcome to a very exclusive club - Perth 21/9/1989.

Cherish the photos. They will forever connect you with the experience.

Even your kids will still think you're cool.

Wish they'd had mobile phones & YouTube in 1989!

I promise you'll still be dining out on your story after 20 years!!

Thankyou. That's so cool that you were up there fopr lovetown! I'm so glad that there are so many photos and videos out there - it is great to be able to have them as memories. I'm so lucky that so many people took them for me :)

Great story Emily!  So glad you decided to go to the concert by yourself.  My 1st few U2 concerts I went to by myself also but I never felt alone.  Lots of friendly people to talk to.  Now I have met all sorts of "U2 friends" from the GA line and here that I always have people in line that I know..

That is so true - U2 fans are amazing and I have made so many new friends now!

Emily, i'm so happy for you, what a great experience you've have - going by your own, overcoming your shyness, then meeting those great new people and having fun with them in ga line, awesome gigs and then this lovely moment with Bono. Oh you're so lucky. smile.gif Thank you for sharing this with us!!

I'll come back here and read your story again, 'cause it cheers me up too.

ps. I saw the pics somewhere, and i think you're a pretty girl.smile.gif

Thankyou - I have to say - when Bono pulled me up on stage - I felt like the most beautiful girl in the room :)

<3 he picked the perfect girl and I cried as soon as I heard it was you!! I am so happy....thank you for sharing the story!!!!!!

(((Lisa)))

You were one of the main reasons I started hanging out on these boards a few years ago -one of the reasons that I knew I could go and hang out in that GA line and meet so many cool people. Thankyou :)

I was there also and it was fabulous to see you up there with him Emily! The look of joy on your face was priceless and congrats on making the trip over there - it was soooo worth it hey :)

Haha - definately worth the trip!!!

Hi  Airwalk74 My name is Rose and my son was up there. Their names are Thalys and April.. Unfortunately his name is a little bit tricky to understand so on the U2website they said his name was Elvis hahahaha

We're big fans of U2 and wanted to show Thalys how great they are that's why we brought him and we were so happy to see him up on stage... Hope this answers your question.. Have a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year

Rose - that is great that your son got up there. What an amazing experience for him!

What a fabulous story and so happy for you!  From now on you're one of the few people on the planet that can say Bono laid his head in your lap and serenaded you happy.gif

I loved this part:

"And then he turned me around to watch the screen for the space station and I was thinking 'I've already seen this, I want to watch you Bono'. One of the guys from the crowd laughed at me later because he saw me snatch a look at Bono while I was suppoed to be watching the screen - I just couldn't help myself."

Who wants to look at a screen when Bono's holding onto to you! 

Lmao - exactly!

Wonderful Em, you gave us a moment, very nice. I love your story, you share every feeling, it really touched me, I could cleary imagine being in your place, his eyes, his eyes...must be a very intense feeling being around him.

Congrats....I hope it will be me when they are in Argentina in march. Like you I have red zone ticks for the first show, and field for the second.

Was definately very intense looking into his eyes. He has such an amazing presence.

Good luck with Argentina- I'm sure you will have an amazing time no matter what.

[quote name='Anjana wrote:

surrenders']

OMIGOD! That's incredible, what a lucky ducky you are Voxare, I am green with envybanana_smiley_10.gif

(Btw did you catch Larry's eye by any chance?! If so, please report back!! LOLwink.gif )

I'm sorry - I so�should have loooked around at the rest of the band but I was competely enthralled by Bono- didn't have eyes for anyone else :) 

Emily, I filmed the whole thing, the view is from the front of the ring. I will get around to getting a copy on here for upload.

It looked amazing!! You are one lucky girl!! The slow dancing on the bridge.

Don't have words to say how cool it was.

I didn't introduce myself but I was in the GA lines both days too. I regret it now, I could have shown you the video then.

Very very cool.

That would be awesome - I would love to see it - thanks! It would have been great to meet you - but I understand - there were a few people I recognised in the GA line but I was too shy to introduce myself to them. Maybe next time :)

What an amazing story! It's almost as though it was your own private concert, just you and Bono, loleek.gif

Lmao - it definately felt like that. Felt like he was just singing for me (completely ignored the 60000 other people there tongue.gif)