Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dizzybint

hows your snow?

White and we are getting 6 more inches today topped off with a glaze of ice by morning. Another snow storm moving in Thursday with large accumulations and high winds. We will definitely have a white Christmas this year! Merry Christmas to everyone!

You must live in my neck of the woods Beth, northern Illinois? I have the same weather forecast, but only got about 2-3 inches today, more to come Thursday. Snow wise, this winter is already better then the last 2 we've had. Hope I don't eat my words in the next 2 months.

No snow for me. There's been plenty of rain, though. It's been raining here for days. It might stop for Christmas and then start up again soon after. At least that's what I heard last time I watched the weather report. 

We've got about 40 cm so far of permanant snow, meaning this snow won't melt until April of next year, and it's beautiful blue white and sparkles like a billion diamonds of many colours when the sun shines, love it!

It would seem that Europe is getting the type of winter that we in the northern parts of Finland have every year, except we're much better prepared, you won't see news about any one in Finland getting stranded in the snow!!

White and crunchy underfoot this morning (it snowed again during the night) but it's melting already and should be slushy by the end of the day....

I don't mind snow when I'm skiing but this slushy stuff really brings me down mad.gif

I think you're right on that Celebrian. I expect to the outside world we must come across as wimps but we're not used to this kind of weather here, not for many years, we are not equipped!  Our infrastructure breaks down very quickly, it's odd to watch everything turn to chaos so quickly and you soon realise how well many other countries cope and the need for change and investment to be better prepared.  It is treacherous and icy, so dangerous to walk and drive in and just more grit and salt could prevent so many accidents. It's frustrating.

Ours here in Welwyn was rubbish up until last week. Now they're predicting 6 inches tonight! I despair for the people at the airports who have had their travel plans ruined...

Pretty - and cold!

076.jpg

frozen ...and like celebrian's snow...probably here til april....there are about 4-5 inches on the ground now....

A true wintery pic, is that The Chase Zhiv?

Quite a lot has melted here for a couple of hours over last 2 days but then refreezes to sheets of  black ice eugh

A true wintery pic, is that The Chase Zhiv?

Quite a lot has melted here for a couple of hours over last 2 days but then refreezes to sheets of  black ice eugh

It is the Chase Anj - and loads of deer up there too at the mo - this is yesterday!

040-3.jpg035-3.jpg

awhhhh I love the deer on Cannock Chase, I love the way they line up between trees at night and all you see is a row of luminous eyes! Gorgeous pics Zhiv, that pic has a real Christmas card feel to it

awhhhh I love the deer on Cannock Chase, I love the way they line up between trees at night and all you see is a row of luminous eyes! Gorgeous pics Zhiv, that pic has a real Christmas card feel to it
I don't know about it at night - don't go up there in the dark, heard that Eleanor may see other sights unsuitable for her little eyes lol!!

Just one more - of me and my friend yesterday by the deers!!! (and you need to come up here and we can do the Chase together!)

164328_484657436688_711711688_6284205_4144058_n.jpg 

Oh yes, The Chase at night not a place for children! Confess I used to go there with then boyfriend at night to escape his parents, I think we called it 'privacy' in those days laugh.gif nudge nudge wink wink how's yer fatherwink.gif.  Would love to visit again one day, maybe when Jen comes to see you!!

Oh yes, The Chase at night not a place for children! Confess I used to go there with then boyfriend at night to escape his parents, I think we called it 'privacy' in those days laugh.gif nudge nudge wink wink how's yer fatherwink.gif.  Would love to visit again one day, maybe when Jen comes to see you!!

That would be nice - but you are more than welcome to come before that too!!! And I guess you would have to not go there with fellas these days as you wouldn't be alone and people would be wanting to join in, if you get my drift!wink.gifwink.gif

I could post that in the 'In my day' thread downstairs...in my day people didn't watch and join in!!!laugh.gif 

Would love to come see you one day when I can travel easier, generally better in myself in the summer months, or you could come to Norfolk one sunny day and we could go to the coast!

I could post that in the 'In my day' thread downstairs...in my day people didn't watch and join in!!!laugh.gif 

Would love to come see you one day when I can travel easier, generally better in myself in the summer months, or you could come to Norfolk one sunny day and we could go to the coast!

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif - I know, kids don't understand the fun of reclining carseats and car parks anymore lol!!!

and it is a deal - we'll have to meet up soon!

Good stuff, roll on Spring.....!!

Our favourite 'local' beach in the snow (about 35mins drive, depending on traffic!), I love this beach, the tide goes out verrrrrrry far, this is the walk down to it that we take, I always feel a great sense of calm when I'm here, I think it's the only time I truly switch off and relax, just looking at the vast expanse of sand and the sea faaaar way, a line on the horizon that slowly turns into a glistening deep bluehappy.gif...roll on summer!

3252294453_ae89bb2a59.jpg

Good stuff, roll on Spring.....!!

Oh looks good on the beach Anj! And I may take you up on the offer and pop down to Norwich one weekend!happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif