Sign in to follow this  
jbarnych

Counting Continued...Yet Again

Btw what was the reason Vertigo tour was postponed - was it that Edges daughter was ill at that time...?

Sorry to ignore you - was off looking at airfare again and wondering why Denver is relatively cheap, but Seattle over twice as expensive and it's way closer mad.gif

Anyway, yes, cancelled due to Edge's daughter. We had tickets/flights to the tour ender in Hawaii as it coincided with Easter holiday from school, but it was postponed  . . . . some nervous times as our flights were about to expire before they announced the new dates, then had to get time off work and as a teacher, it's nearly impossible as we are expected to vacation only during school holidays, but it all worked out in the end!!!

48359 - glad it all worked out for you janette

And Kert - i have my wine ready for tomorrow!

48360 lol - was going to edit in my number, but you posted first, so here's that number . . . 48358

48361 - you are so consciencious lol!!!

48361 hmmmmmm . . . . . . Denver will cost about $200 round trip and Seattle is looking like $300 just one way?????? Something wrong here!!!!

48360 I guess

I'm not sure yet will I be at home tomorrow night... But will try - at least if there is a live feed!!!!! And have to buy some wine toohappy.gif

Janette good it worked out, it must have been stressing... but luckily happy endsmile.gif

48363 - sometimes is the the tax which the airport charges which makes the flight prices different!

48363 Guess it's the difference between travel in May and in June? And I thought that Seattle was closer, but looking at a proper map instead of my memory, Denver is closer, so I guess that's why. So unfair though!!!

Yes I guess it's the date / season too... but yes unfair anyway!!!mad.gif
Just checked for fun... flights from Helsinki to Dublin costs abut 255 eur in August, 250 eur in September...

48364 Just went to close one of the patio doors . . . . I thought I was getting a little cold until I just read back a bit and saw your temps., Kert . . . holy @#$% !!!!! How can you stand it . . . brrrrr!!!!!

48365 I don't even want to know what a California-Dublin flight would cost, lol!!!

48366 - maybe not as bad as you'd think!!!

48367 That's what I'm hoping - you just never know (fingers still crossed)

48368 - check aerlingus.com and see what they give you in prices! just so you know!

Well I don't know anymore how I stand this coldness...  this about -20c we have here in Helsinki is bearable, luckily we have warm clothes. Face freezes first! Combined with biting wind it's a little bit too much - don't want to go for a long walk for examplesmile.gif
But anyway the days have been very sunny and bright - and i don't complain about the light treatmentsmile.gif

Oh dear, it's almost midnight again... guess i'm going to bed.

See you again ladies!

48371 Just checked on Expedia . . . . . not good! About $1,200 - $1,400 between Aug./Sept. depending upon who you fly . . . YIKES!!!

48372 See you later, Kert! Hope that you sleep well and stay warm!

The previous one seemed to be my 2000th post - and no new status, still night and day!!eyes.gif
And Janette that's pretty expensive...eek.gif Just came into my mind that my flights to New York last autumn costed 380 euros - they were very cheap though. (the carrier was Lufthansa)

48373 - yeah Kert at 2000 posts, but i think it is 2500 before you become Atomic Bomb!

and Janette - hope if they announce dates that you can get chepaer flights than that - if not is it cheaper to fly to uk then out to ireland from here?

48373 Yeah, very expensive! Would have to look around more to find a better deal or skip it! I can fly between Calif. and the east coast several times for that, lol!

48374 It was about the same from LA to London. When is Jen coming over?

48375 - september time - i know that she has some time in ireland and then she is coming over to me

48376 I thought Sept. too - will have to pry and ask her what kind of deal she got as I'm sure there must be better deals out there. I used to fly all the time between Calif./London or Paris and never paid near that amount . . . of course, that was a very long time ago, lol!!! I can't wrap my head around current prices, lol!!!