Sign in to follow this  
Zhivvy

mood thread again!!!!

had to watch a 44 year old husband and daddy die at our ward today. he had a nice but stressy job and was having abdominal pain for couple of weeks. 2 weeks ago they diagnosed him with bowelcancer stage 4, spead out to liver, bones,... his wife and daughters, 13 and 5 years old, had to say goodbye today. 

and i'm also starting 4 nightshifts tomorrow. never liked those.

had to watch a 44 year old husband and daddy die at our ward today. he had a nice but stressy job and was having abdominal pain for couple of weeks. 2 weeks ago they diagnosed him with bowelcancer stage 4, spead out to liver, bones,... his wife and daughters, 13 and 5 years old, had to say goodbye today. 

barbara1-My late aunt would work grave yard/night shifts when she was a nurse and I don't know how anyone does it,but God Bless your heart for the hard work you (and other nurses) do.

((HUGS))

cry.gifI would not have the strength to do your job but I do admire you very much so , keep up the good work barbara cause who knows where we would be without you all , just like Tracmic he's a nurse too and said his job gets him down too, people like you need spiritual help , I think ohwell.gif..

thanx illum and 123. it is the low side of our job, i guess, and can bring you down for awhile. but the next day it makes me more aware of the life i've been given, and bout how valuable it is. and i wanna make the most of it, and enjoy the beauty in it, cause you never know what tomorrow will bring you, right? please, all of you my online-friends, enjoy the simple things and don envy others for what you cant have, life is too short to waiste on bad thoughts or jealousy.

thanx illum and 123. it is the low side of our job, i guess, and can bring you down for awhile. but the next day it makes me more aware of the life i've been given, and bout how valuable it is. and i wanna make the most of it, and enjoy the beauty in it, cause you never know what tomorrow will bring you, right? please, all of you my online-friends, enjoy the simple things and dont envy others for what you cant have, life is too short to waiste on bad thoughts or jealousy.

Well said Barbara.

Just like to say I know how you feel.  I just can't talk about it. I'm not a nurse but I work along side them in a childrens hospital. Kids are the bravest people.

[quote name='cash0012 wrote:

barbara1']thanx illum and 123. it is the low side of our job, i guess, and can bring you down for awhile. but the next day it makes me more aware of the life i've been given, and bout how valuable it is. and i wanna make the most of it, and enjoy the beauty in it, cause you never know what tomorrow will bring you, right? please, all of you my online-friends, enjoy the simple things and dont envy others for what you cant have, life is too short to waiste on bad thoughts or jealousy.

Well said Barbara.

Just like to say I know how you feel.  I just can't talk about it. I'm not a nurse but I work along side them in a childrens hospital. Kids are the bravest people.

thats one thing i could never do, cash, work with really sick kids. its hard enough to see adults suffer and in pain. kids??? i wouldnt cope. i did watch a realityshow over here about an oncologic childerens unit, and i soo admire the nurses, doctors, assistens and orderly who worked there. and i realised i could never do that, i'm not that strong.

Came in here feeling a bit gloomy, but after reading your post Barbara realise how I shouldn't let the silly things get me down.

That is so sad, and bowel cancer, if caught early is so easily treated..

AND night duty, I am so lucky that I don't have to do it.... there, now I'm feeling happy with my lot.

Rip..

My mood , sad , my cousin has to go back to Mauritius , so we are going to have him over for Dinner , annoyed because I slept wrong and now my back aches :o( Other than that its another beautiful day here like spring :o)

Feeling worried about my future because I didn't know how much a woman's fertility depended on it even in this day and age.  This scares me because I overheard a relative saying hinting women such as myself who cannot reproduce are destined to die alone because no man would want us.

That wasn't very nice, don't listen to them Illum!

My mood is adventurous..need to get out and do something this afternoon. Have a good day everyone!

Having just sampled some fine Indian cuisine,and now just chilling with some equally fine wine,can I just say one is happy at this moment in time happy.gif

That wasn't very nice, don't listen to them Illum!

My mood is adventurous..need to get out and do something this afternoon. Have a good day everyone!

Good advice because I just took a "leap of faith" and sent a resume to Hawaiian Host chocolates.  If I get a job with this company perhaps they can help me relocate and get away from people who have these old-fashioned (and toxic) beliefs about women.

Im in a relaxing mood , but my hand is saw , must have slept on it wrong..A bit of dull weather so listening to radio to brighten my day :o)

Had 2 weeks off...now back to work tomorrow........bugger!ohwell.gif

Currently feeling annoyed with a man,but I'll get over it because I don't want to give him the satisfaction of me being "bummed-out" over him since he's proven he ain't worth of the sweat off my *ss.

Feel sad cuz I broke up with my BF.  Gotta go to church now.  Almost forgot.

Talk to ya later.  Bye...

Feel sad cuz I broke up with my BF.  Gotta go to church now.  Almost forgot.

Right on, I went to church this morning too!!!

[quote name='illumination70 wrote:

silkspectre']Feel sad cuz I broke up with my BF.  Gotta go to church now.  Almost forgot.

Right on, I went to church this morning too!!!

I didn't!frown.gif Not feeling all that great today. Should't felt so adventurous yesterday. I'm paying for it now.sick.gif Hang in there chicadees! Jesus is your boyfriend!smile.gif (someone told me that once) I said, "well........I didn't know Jesus could take me roller-skating!"laugh.gif

Thanks.  I also quit Twitter.  Never liked it.  Too many creepy crazy people over there.  Still on Facebook though. 

hope everyone is feeling fine today??? you better, cause guess what: today my holiday starts!!!!!

banana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif

Kewl Barbara :o) Am in the mood to read then listen to some U2 on the radio, or cd player and perhaps some wine :o)

Currently feeling p*ssed off because some more bad news has occurred on the home front.  The part which really gets me is the meanest people in the world live to be 100 while anyone who's good and kind are dropping as flies.

[quote name='illumination70 wrote:

U2LAWoman']That wasn't very nice, don't listen to them Illum!

Good advice because I just took a "leap of faith" and sent a resume to Hawaiian Host chocolates.  If I get a job with this company perhaps they can help me relocate and get away from people who have these old-fashioned (and toxic) beliefs about women.

It can be a challenge to not let other people lay their trip on you.... 

it's easier sometimes to extricate yourself from people on facebook than in real life.... just as important tho..

Some people like to make life a little tougher than it is..... Cake

Well my kitty had to go to the vet and it cost over 500$. Not too thrilled about it. I think he'll be okay though.frown.gifeyes.gif