Sign in to follow this  
Janette B

Counting Encore!

49814 - i think rebellion is something kids have to go through - a rite of passage and as long as they rebel in a way that shows they still have morals and pride and respect it is not too bad. I certainly went through my rebelious phase and did things i would hate Eleanor to do but i think i needed to do it!

49813 Yeah I know what you mean , its like you want to cover your eyes cause you dont want to see what could happen at this age lol ...............Bet you missing your daughter now we're talking about them........... Dont worry she'll be fine , she will be home in no time..................

49815 Me too, Zhivvy. I did things that my parents will never know about, thank God! And I thank God that I came out of it in one piece too!!!! Somehow it is sooooo much scarier when we think of our kids doing those things than when we were doing them . . . . . . sigh!!!

49814 - i think rebellion is something kids have to go through - a rite of passage and as long as they rebel in a way that shows they still have morals and pride and respect it is not too bad. I certainly went through my rebelious phase and did things i would hate Eleanor to do but i think i needed to do it!

I like that zhivvy , well said happy.gif

49816 - i do look back and think of the things i did, the things i pierced lol! the colours i had my hair, the people i hung out with and what we got up too etc..... but 99% of the things I don't regret, it was being young and discovering yourself etc... and then as i got older i moved overseas and travelled - and now i have a child of my own, i don't know how my parents let me do it - but i know if she wants too i will let her go!

49817 I'm not ashamed of most of the things I did, only some of them, lol!

49818i better be off now,it,s well after midnight and it,s my weekend to work this weekend,what joy,so got to be up early in the morning,night night all,xx

49818 - lol!!! me too janette! i think we all have a couple of things we are ashamed of - makes us human lol!

49817 sheesh your brave , I was the worst teen to have , I took drugs , drank walked home drunk at 4am in the morning at age 14 etc , moved out at 15 , left for another state with boyfriend at sixteen , pregnant at sixteen and the again at 17 , hitchhiked everywhere , heck no if she's like me no way lmao I'll let her go, but luckilly its not so bad now I know what I know lol but still there are easier ways to learn.............just not for some

49819 See you later, Caz! Hope you get some good sleep and feel better in the morning!

49818 - wow you rebelled big time 123 lol!

Night Caz Sleep well, sweet dreams...xxxxx

496822 - night caz!

I am not getting kicked off here - you having problems 123?

49823 Wow, 123, you really did learn the hard way!!! Glad you made it in one piece too!!!

49824 Not getting kicked out either, but sometimes takes too long to post!

I see what you are saying  Zhiv, but.. and there always a but I'm not prepared to sit back and let my daughter do as she wishes. Things I did was not at this age....making holes in her body is a no go, and respect is a must...with her teachers...and me wouldn't go a miss! For starters....

49821 - I agree Sue! my rebellion came a bit later on about 17 or so. And Although I wanted to go completely off the rails I never did because I was scared of my parents lol! - So i pushed it more than going the whole way!

49826 Sue, there can be nothing wrong with raising kids to respect both themselves and others - I'd say it's a MUST too! And agree not to sit back and let them do whatever they wish - I think another MUST is to be proactive! Consequences for decisions, both good and bad

49827 and it's all so much easier said, than done

49828 - you are so right Janette!

Honestly why aren't kids born with a guide book?

49829 I was just explaining to my daughter last night that she didn't come with directions!!!